Diet for MMA - AnabolicMinds.com

Diet for MMA

Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

Diet for MMA

So I've taken the advice of the people who have told me "the only way to train for MMA is to do MMA" and I jumped in with both feet one week ago. The only thing is, I haven't been eating for it. I'm used to eating like a bodybuilder and it didn't affect my training too much in the first week due to massive amouts of caffeine and adrenaline. That's subsiding and I'll depend on nutrition to power me through workouts. Thoughts?
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com

Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

Really? Come on, guys.
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

you might pm rodja or someone who is in mma, i dont do it but it would seem like you would need extreme amounts of carbs and a good amount of fats for energy and what not...
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Post up your diet now and I'll go from there.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

7:30am..... 1 scoop protein powder, natty peanut butter, fruit

10:30am..... something I can eat at my desk..... WW bagel, some fruit/ veggies

2:00pm..... some kind of meat, fruits, veggies, some kind of carb like pasta or rice

5:30pm (90 minutes pre-training) something I can eat at desk, like a bagel just for training energy

Immediately after training..... Gatorade

Shortly after (about 20-30 minutes) an actual meal, kind of like the 2:00 meal
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    7:30am..... 1 scoop protein powder, natty peanut butter, fruit

10:30am..... something I can eat at my desk..... WW bagel, some fruit/ veggies

2:00pm..... some kind of meat, fruits, veggies, some kind of carb like pasta or rice

5:30pm (90 minutes pre-training) something I can eat at desk, like a bagel just for training energy

Immediately after training..... Gatorade

Shortly after (about 20-30 minutes) an actual meal, kind of like the 2:00 meal
    Have any idea of actual kcals? There's a lot of ambiguity in this.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you wanted me to get detailed. I was basically just trying to find out if the constant supply of carbs throughout the day is the right way to go about it. If I'm correct with the placement of certain macros, I can figure out the kcals and what-not with Fitday, I suppose.
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

just by taking a quick glance at your diet it seems you're operating at a huge calorie deficit already... are you trying to lose fat?

for optimal recovery after an extremely intense workout you want to go w/ a 4:1 carb to protein ratio...

shoot for a max of 0.8 grams of carbs per lb of bodywt... you're going to have to play w/ this # to find what allows you to recover quickly while not putting on any bodyfat

keep getting in that amount of carbs about every 2 - 3 hrs and you should ensure that you will be recovered w/in a 24 hr timeframe

sound like a lot of carbs/food?? it is!!! you gotta eat hard to work hard
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize you wanted me to get detailed. I was basically just trying to find out if the constant supply of carbs throughout the day is the right way to go about it. If I'm correct with the placement of certain macros, I can figure out the kcals and what-not with Fitday, I suppose.
    Constant supply is not the same for everyone. I can eat anywhere from 400-600 grams depending on the training day, but it takes some time and body awareness (e.g. fatigue, sleep patterns, overall energy, glycogen levels, etc) to know whether or not you're eating the proper amounts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

in regards to MMA, do test boosters turn up on drug tests? Was always curious about that.
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

AI testboosters do like ATD and 6-bromo. stinging nettle doesnt i dont think along with longjack.

Yeah dude I would eat more food. eat oats and almonds along with 1 more shake a day. pick up some carb boosters aswell if you are doing long training. more meat as well. eat 1 chicek breast every 2 hours after your first meal(carbs) after training.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbohydrate Cycling Diet vs ketogenic diet??
    By anbes in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 04:28 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
  3. Please Help With My CUTTING Diet! (Entire diet included)
    By IntensePump in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 01:09 AM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 02:48 AM