Diet for MMA

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
So I've taken the advice of the people who have told me "the only way to train for MMA is to do MMA" and I jumped in with both feet one week ago. The only thing is, I haven't been eating for it. I'm used to eating like a bodybuilder and it didn't affect my training too much in the first week due to massive amouts of caffeine and adrenaline. That's subsiding and I'll depend on nutrition to power me through workouts. Thoughts?

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Really? Come on, guys.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
you might pm rodja or someone who is in mma, i dont do it but it would seem like you would need extreme amounts of carbs and a good amount of fats for energy and what not...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Post up your diet now and I'll go from there.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
7:30am..... 1 scoop protein powder, natty peanut butter, fruit

10:30am..... something I can eat at my desk..... WW bagel, some fruit/ veggies

2:00pm..... some kind of meat, fruits, veggies, some kind of carb like pasta or rice

5:30pm (90 minutes pre-training) something I can eat at desk, like a bagel just for training energy

Immediately after training..... Gatorade

Shortly after (about 20-30 minutes) an actual meal, kind of like the 2:00 meal

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7:30am..... 1 scoop protein powder, natty peanut butter, fruit

10:30am..... something I can eat at my desk..... WW bagel, some fruit/ veggies

2:00pm..... some kind of meat, fruits, veggies, some kind of carb like pasta or rice

5:30pm (90 minutes pre-training) something I can eat at desk, like a bagel just for training energy

Immediately after training..... Gatorade

Shortly after (about 20-30 minutes) an actual meal, kind of like the 2:00 meal
Have any idea of actual kcals? There's a lot of ambiguity in this.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you wanted me to get detailed. I was basically just trying to find out if the constant supply of carbs throughout the day is the right way to go about it. If I'm correct with the placement of certain macros, I can figure out the kcals and what-not with Fitday, I suppose.

time lord

time lord

Awards
just by taking a quick glance at your diet it seems you're operating at a huge calorie deficit already... are you trying to lose fat?

for optimal recovery after an extremely intense workout you want to go w/ a 4:1 carb to protein ratio...

shoot for a max of 0.8 grams of carbs per lb of bodywt... you're going to have to play w/ this # to find what allows you to recover quickly while not putting on any bodyfat

keep getting in that amount of carbs about every 2 - 3 hrs and you should ensure that you will be recovered w/in a 24 hr timeframe

sound like a lot of carbs/food?? it is!!! you gotta eat hard to work hard

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you wanted me to get detailed. I was basically just trying to find out if the constant supply of carbs throughout the day is the right way to go about it. If I'm correct with the placement of certain macros, I can figure out the kcals and what-not with Fitday, I suppose.
Constant supply is not the same for everyone. I can eat anywhere from 400-600 grams depending on the training day, but it takes some time and body awareness (e.g. fatigue, sleep patterns, overall energy, glycogen levels, etc) to know whether or not you're eating the proper amounts.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
in regards to MMA, do test boosters turn up on drug tests? Was always curious about that.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
AI testboosters do like ATD and 6-bromo. stinging nettle doesnt i dont think along with longjack.

Yeah dude I would eat more food. eat oats and almonds along with 1 more shake a day. pick up some carb boosters aswell if you are doing long training. more meat as well. eat 1 chicek breast every 2 hours after your first meal(carbs) after training.