Another Pro Wrestler in MMA

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Many of you may be familiar with this by now, but Bobby Lashley is attempting to make his entrance into the world of MMA. Here is his fight from an MFC card, where he applies a guillotine to end the fight at :24.

Video: Bobby Lashley Chokes Out Mike Cook

He looked very crisp on his feet in his other fights, and appears incredibly agile for a big man. This being said, he fights nothing but tomato cans, and needs to be tested. His next fight is against Bob Sapp.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sapp probably won't be a test, he is a side show. Lashley has some talent in a weak division.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, haha, I wasn't meaning to imply Sapper is a test by any means. Have you seen the promotions for the ridiculous "Superman" tournament he is taking part in? It also features Jose Canseco v., Hong Man Choi.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
That's a big dude... Let's see if he's a Bob Sapp or a Brock Lesnar now.

And as for that fight, to me it looked almost like a dive. Seriously, the other guy didn't really do anything, didn't attempt to evade or to get out of the choke, or anything like that. Seriously, you're getting choked out and in response you get your arms open wide?!

I seriously either doubt his mental capacity or veracity of this fight. Let's see what he does against Bob Sapp, at least it'll give a better idea.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fight did look a tad fishy, but I can only imagine what kind of power he can put into a guillotine.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fight did look a tad fishy, but I can only imagine what kind of power he can put into a guillotine.
Did you see he refused an offer from the UFC already?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you see he refused an offer from the UFC already?
It's a good career move. He's more green than Lesnar was and he is not quite as physically overwhelming. He also doesn't seem to have the same arrogance/attitude as Lesnar.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a good career move. He's more green than Lesnar was and he is not quite as physically overwhelming. He also doesn't seem to have the same arrogance/attitude as Lesnar.
Definitely. I believe he had been training [...specifically for MMA...] for much less time. This is definitely a great move on his part.

I dislike how he will be going back and forth between TNA and MMA, but understand his reasoning.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely. I believe he had been training [...specifically for MMA...] for much less time. This is definitely a great move on his part.

I dislike how he will be going back and forth between TNA and MMA, but understand his reasoning.
I agree careerwise very good
He is smart he went to ATT to get the best training he could but he also understood that he needs to get his feet wet etc before jumping into the big leagues. I think Brock had something like 2 years of dedicated MMA training with everyone from Royce to Militech to his current trainers before he stepped into the ring so he was much more prepared from that standpoint.
I think he is going about it the right way I know with his big name and the people he fights don't look like real tests however we have to remember all those people have more expererience in mma and probablly more training so it actually is a test from that stand point

seabass

Awards
ive actually met him in person at a staples here in TN...he seemed like a very knowledgable person from the short time we talked...in the mmarated interview he seems like he will be goo for the sport..i look forward to watching him..

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
Many of you may be familiar with this by now, but Bobby Lashley is attempting to make his entrance into the world of MMA. Here is his fight from an MFC card, where he applies a guillotine to end the fight at :24.

Video: Bobby Lashley Chokes Out Mike Cook

He looked very crisp on his feet in his other fights, and appears incredibly agile for a big man. This being said, he fights nothing but tomato cans, and needs to be tested. His next fight is against Bob Sapp.
He looks alot smaller then in his WWE days.
But I think he can still kick some A$$.

JP.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive actually met him in person at a staples here in TN...he seemed like a very knowledgable person from the short time we talked...in the mmarated interview he seems like he will be goo for the sport..i look forward to watching him..
Yeah, there is a show on a Canadian sports network [Rogers Sportsnet] that features a great MMA show called, "MMA Connected". As Lashley's last bout was in the MFC, an Edmonton, Alberta-based promotion, they interviewed him. I was personally impressed with the respect he seemed to have for the sport.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HE is certainly not the showman that Lesnar is, which makes him a bit easier to root for IMO. However, only time will tell

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Lesnar strikes me as a f##king jerk . Got skills yeah but a total D-bag . Thats the biggest credit that I give to Lashely , he knows where he is coming faces skepticism , knows his skills need major work , and seems willing to do that work for proper respect and future oppurtunities . I hope he does crush Sapp(when is that fight btw?) and maybe gets a shot at the big leagues one day .

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm not that impressed with what I've seen of Lashley. I don't think he has the same potential as Brock. He used to wrestle at 177 in college (I think) so he's not a natural giant like Brock. He may be overmuscled for his frame.

He is a decent, humble guy though. I like him as a person, but I'm not sold on him as a fighter.

pitt6691

pitt6691

Awards
I think it is obvious where this is going. Lashley will fight a handful of scrubs that make him look good so they can market the lashley/lesnar fight down the road. Its getting laughable. What next? Shaq vs. Kurt Angle?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it is obvious where this is going. Lashley will fight a handful of scrubs that make him look good so they can market the lashley/lesnar fight down the road. Its getting laughable. What next? Shaq vs. Kurt Angle?
I was extremely skeptical of Brock Lesnar at first, but his prior wrestling pedigree, obvious work ethic, and substantial wins in his short MMA career have certainly turned the tides of my opinion; in fact, one could say his wins, though limited in number, are of a noticeable pedigree themselves. As well, I find Lashley's approach here pretty endearing: denying a UFC contract for the sole purpose of honing his craft and training is a step in the right direction. While Lashley himself has mentioned a desire to fight Lesnar, if only for the novelty, that is a scenario not likely to occur anytime soon - if primarily because of Lashley's only wishes.

pitt6691

pitt6691

Awards
I stand corrected. I didn't know that Lashley turned down the UFC. That makes me respect him a whole lot more. I do think it waters down the sport when guys decide to start training for mma in their 30's and start getting title shots right away. Now you can say that they have wrestling or boxing experience but its not the same as a guy who trains mma for 15-20 years. I do think Brock is the real deal but he is maybe the exception to the rule. Its good that it brings attention to the sport but it angers me that I only get to see mma on sportscenter when Jose Canseco's dumb ass is getting slapped around.