UFC 100

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen anything on the UFC 100 here yet, correct me if I'm wrong. I just checked the UFC website and this is comming up on July 7th.

I can barely wait... One of the best cards I've ever seen from the UFC.

Fights:

Lesnar x Mir
GSP x Thiago Alves
UFer coaches Henderson x Bispin
Akiyama x Alan Belcher
Jon Jones X Jake O'Brien
Dong Hyun Kim X Jonathan Goulet
CB Dollaway X Tom Lawlor
Matt Grice X Shannon Gugerty

About 6 fights I'm really excited to see.

Thoughts on matchups?

I'm going Mir, GSP, Bispin, Akiyama, Jones and CB. Not quite sure on the other 2 as I'm not as familiar witth the fighters.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm waiting on 2 things before I call the title fights:
1. Thiago's weight (he hasn't made 170 lbs in several fights and he does not get the 1 lb allowance for title fights)
2. Mir's conditioning

My picks other than those:
Hendo
Akiyama
Jones
Kim
CB
Grice

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To me, even if Alves makes 170, I think GSP beats him, although this will be his toughest test IMO

I am also going Lesnar on this one. I think had the ref not stopped it the first time for hte punch to the back of the head, it was about 10-15 seconds away from being stopped.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To me, even if Alves makes 170, I think GSP beats him, although this will be his toughest test IMO

I am also going Lesnar on this one. I think had the ref not stopped it the first time for hte punch to the back of the head, it was about 10-15 seconds away from being stopped.
I have never been very high on Mir, but he showed me a lot against Nog. His striking looked very, very crisp and he has finally put a higher emphasis on conditioning. Not saying he is the favorite, but he has a chance.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) Lesnar v., Mir.

Mir looked great in his last fight, but I feel that was because Nog made him look great; against a more seasoned Lesnar, I feel he gets outworked in the clinch, taken down, and GnP'ed.

2) GSP v., Alves

Alves is an absolutely giant WW, but he has nothing for GSP. George will frustrate Alves with a better gameplan, control him with his wrestling, and win a unanimous decision.

Hendo;
Akiyama;
Jones;
Goulet (I have to);
CB;
Grice.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also am looking forward to Hendo v. Bisping, and as a huge Hendo fan am slighlty concerned.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I'm waiting on 2 things before I call the title fights:
1. Thiago's weight (he hasn't made 170 lbs in several fights and he does not get the 1 lb allowance for title fights)
2. Mir's conditioning

My picks other than those:
Hendo
Akiyama
Jones
Kim
CB
Grice
I only recall Thiago missing weight once, which was due to an ankle injury. His last few fights he has been fine, that is after the return from the diuretics bust @ UFC 66.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only recall Thiago missing weight once, which was due to an ankle injury. His last few fights he has been fine, that is after the return from the diuretics bust @ UFC 66.
He weighed in at 171 for those fights, not 170; as I said earlier, there is not the 1 lb allowance for title fights.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. I am sure he will be able to cut that one pound and will still perform as he has in the past. Cant wait for that fight! :D

Tkomma

Tkomma

Awards
Lesnar
St.Pierre
I would like to say Fitch, but my gut says Thiago
Hendo
Belcher
Bonnar
Jones
Kim
Miller
Dollaway
Grice

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I also am looking forward to Hendo v. Bisping, and as a huge Hendo fan am slighlty concerned.
I'm of the opinion that the only way Bisping could hurt Hendo is if he called his mother names before swallowing Hendo's knee with no rice or beans. I know everyone was baffled by the forrest/page finale but this isn't much of a toss up. Bisping is really good. Much like Matt Hamell. But they've got a ways to go. More so for Bisping.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established

you really think that thiago guy that beat kos will beat fitch? i highly dout that.

i say lesner wins even tho mir says damian mia helped him ouyt a lot. its not easy to catch old nog anymore.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established

you really think that thiago guy that beat kos will beat fitch? i highly dout that.

i say lesner wins even tho mir says damian mia helped him ouyt a lot. its not easy to catch old nog anymore.
Yeah Fitch is pretty good. If Thiago beats him it'll erase any doubt about the Kos fight being a fluke.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Im stoked to see CB, jones and goulet. The others are pretty easy pics. To me bisping by dec is a big upset but he fights on the outside and i dont think dan will sub or gnp him. Bisping will get in little harmless punches dodge the right hand of hendo and win a irritating dec. Who are Matt Grice X Shannon Gugerty ?

Mir's striking can be as crisp as he likes but if he cant KO lesnar (dont think he can) he will maybe get the best of a few exchanges before lesnar bum rushes him and gnp ftw.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Im stoked to see CB, jones and goulet. The others are pretty easy pics. To me bisping by dec is a big upset but he fights on the outside and i dont think dan will sub or gnp him. Bisping will get in little harmless punches dodge the right hand of hendo and win a irritating dec. Who are Matt Grice X Shannon Gugerty ?

Mir's striking can be as crisp as he likes but if he cant KO lesnar (dont think he can) he will maybe get the best of a few exchanges before lesnar bum rushes him and gnp ftw.

I'll put a fckin chair through my window if Mir loses hahaha DAMN IT!
"Bum rushes him" hilarious but tragically true.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yeah Fitch is pretty good. If Thiago beats him it'll erase any doubt about the Kos fight being a fluke.
Huh? Unless I am completely mentally deficient, GSP is fighting Alves, fellas.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Na, Fitch is fighting Paulo Thiago, that is who they are refering to.
Ah, okay. bigwhiteguy said, "you really think that tiago guy that beat kos will beat fitch", so it confused the hell out of me.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
haha oh geez guy come on didnt you see that? I was so mad he was gonig to K.O. him sooner or later his boxing looked so good then he caught an uppercut oh well his fellow AKA bro will beat him

Tkomma

Tkomma

Awards
Look at Thiago's record in combat/submission sports.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha oh geez guy come on didnt you see that? I was so mad he was gonig to K.O. him sooner or later his boxing looked so good then he caught an uppercut oh well his fellow AKA bro will beat him
No, I know about Kos v., P. Thiago. The way you guys were having a conversation, it seemed like you were confusing Thiago Alves with Paul Thiago.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Very good fights and most of them are tuff picks:

Lesnar via GnP Rd 2
GSP via UD or Thiago TKO Rd 3
Fitch via late TKO or UD
Hendo via UD
Belcher via UD

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Very good fights and most of them are tuff picks:

Lesnar via GnP Rd 2
GSP via UD or Thiago TKO Rd 3
Fitch via late TKO or UD
Hendo via UD
Belcher via UD
If Hendo looks anything like he did against Rampage I think Bisping will not make it past the first round. His skill level seems beyond Bisping's. Only thing working against him is age.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt say that, though one of Hendo' big rights could connect and end it all pretty quickly.

While I agree Dan has the better skills (not by much) keep in mind it is hard to GnP a good striker. Bisping has shown he is very good at getting back to his feet as well as avoiding big strikes and countering with his own. Hendo is not a very technical striker and is pretty wild sometimes.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I think Hendo's a superior wrestler and while Bisping can get back to his feet with other fighters I think it won't be so easy with Dan. The few high caliber fighters Bisping has fought he's barely pulled out wins and flat out lost to Rashad. On the other hand its true that Hendo's lost to some major people too but I think even in those loses he's looked great until the very end and definitely posed a threat to each opponent.
I just think as smart of a fighter as Bisping is, Dan will be the aggressor and find the chink in Bispings armor.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Hendo has fought & lost to the Best. Pisssbig has yet to fight anyone with the same credentials. The only thing defeating Hendo here is age.