The Ultimate Fighter S09

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
So... Granted, UFer sucks, and is just trying to get some ratings no matter what. But heck, sometimes they do come up with some real good fighters, agreed?

As a show it sucks, but it does help the UFC in the long run to find decent fighters. Griffin, Rashad, etc, etc, list goes on with most of the winners. And it gives me my weekly fix on MMA.

But for christ sakes... WHY OH WHY are they freaking sponsoring ANOTHER BROWNING?! Junie was ridiculous last season, he is not even a good fighter and all he did was screw up with the house. And now they "randomly" find his brother to participate on the 9th season?

Seriously, who even finds that entertaining? Are they really that desperate? It's like it's not even about MMA anymore, its 100% about "reality TV".

Anyone else upset with this?

P.S.: Seemed like the fighters from the U.S. really didn't show much. Aside from 2 that I spotted (Carrot Top and the last winner from this past show) seemed like many barely even made it through fight #1, while the U.K. team seemed pretty spot on, with quite a few good competitors. Thoughts?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
The ultimate fighter is why the UFC is still in business.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Won't argue there, but that doesn't mean they can put on a decent show without having to resort to recruiting a-holes to be annoying on the show...

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
P.S.: Seemed like the fighters from the U.S. really didn't show much. Aside from 2 that I spotted (Carrot Top and the last winner from this past show) seemed like many barely even made it through fight #1, while the U.K. team seemed pretty spot on, with quite a few good competitors. Thoughts?
I disagree, that Demarques guy looked ridiculously explosive...he looks like he packs quite a punch into a lanky 170 pound frame. Looks like a pure boxer, though...either way, I hope he goes far. The UK fighters looked pretty solid all around, most notably the guy in the very last fight of the first episode.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I disagree, that Demarques guy looked ridiculously explosive...he looks like he packs quite a punch into a lanky 170 pound frame. Looks like a pure boxer, though...either way, I hope he goes far. The UK fighters looked pretty solid all around, most notably the guy in the very last fight of the first episode.
agreed. I think the UFC would still be okay without TUF as well. Thbrits did look pretty solid.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I like the bald white brit guy. And the carrot top guy. Dan doesn't want to be there period.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Dude, my feelings exactly...

Seems like Dan couldn't give lesser of a sh!t to the show or to his fighters... He's putting NO EFFORT in it. He's just hanging out. Hence why you barely ever see him on the videos. He's basically chilling and letting his trainners work out the U.S. team.

And while this is happening on the U.S. team you see Bispin dissecting video of the opponents and then creating a whole gameplan to his fighters... Boy, this is getting pretty ridiculous, specially the lack of effort and respect shown by the U.S. team as a whole, led by Dan "couldn't care less" Henderson.

Which really sucks cause I always looked at Hendo as a hell of a fighter and hell of a student of MMA, very knowleadgeable and all, and now it almost strikes me as a selfish person who really doesn't care much about the sport or his fighters... Really frustrating to me.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Bisping wants blood. That video stuff really made the fight go where he wanted it to it seemed. That will give him all the advantage. Not to mention a few of the US fighters look like bums. With the right game plan, Bisping could take out even the good US fighters and that would be completely unfair on Dan's part if he stays in the breakroom munching power bars the whole time.

*Carrot top the red haired US guy whos got fighting spirit.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Dude, my feelings exactly...

Seems like Dan couldn't give lesser of a sh!t to the show or to his fighters... He's putting NO EFFORT in it. He's just hanging out. Hence why you barely ever see him on the videos. He's basically chilling and letting his trainners work out the U.S. team.

And while this is happening on the U.S. team you see Bispin dissecting video of the opponents and then creating a whole gameplan to his fighters... Boy, this is getting pretty ridiculous, specially the lack of effort and respect shown by the U.S. team as a whole, led by Dan "couldn't care less" Henderson.

Which really sucks cause I always looked at Hendo as a hell of a fighter and hell of a student of MMA, very knowleadgeable and all, and now it almost strikes me as a selfish person who really doesn't care much about the sport or his fighters... Really frustrating to me.
Word. I would have much rather seen Franklin get the job again. At least you know they're going to be conditioned as hell, as well as being equipped with a very good gameplan.

Thinking of it, I just named the two most essential things it takes to be a TUF coach. Huh.

Good job though, Dan :thumbsup:

Mick81

Mick81

Awards
Word. I would have much rather seen Franklin get the job again. At least you know they're going to be conditioned as hell, as well as being equipped with a very good gameplan.

Thinking of it, I just named the two most essential things it takes to be a TUF coach. Huh.

Good job though, Dan :thumbsup:

Franklin? Good game plans? Two quotes come to mind - "I feel I'll be stronger than him (Silva) in the clinch" and that advice to Serra in TUF4 - "Just take a knee, that way he can't kick you."

Franklin = good fighter and incredible athlete, but got some weird ideas. Maybe spending too much time with Gurgel, the jiu jitsu black belt that sprawls and brawls:dunno:

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Well, Silva is a different story. Obviously that completely backfired on him. Serra ended up winning in the end, lol. But he's normally a very cerebral kind of guy.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
If there was a game plan that would work against Anderson then we'd eh seen it by now. I agree that Franklin would have been much better as their coach. Its very apparent that he's smart. He smart enough to not hold a grudge and train with Anderson for his fight against W Silva. :D

Mick81

Mick81

Awards
If there was a game plan that would work against Anderson then we'd eh seen it by now. I agree that Franklin would have been much better as their coach. Its very apparent that he's smart. He smart enough to not hold a grudge and train with Anderson for his fight against W Silva. :D

Very true... definately learning from his losses there. Didn't Silva train with Wandy at some stage as well (at Shute Boxe)? Not 100% sure on that, but it'd be a huge advantage to Rich if he did.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Kinda weird he's trainning with Anderson too because he, Anderson, is often at Wandy's corner.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Very true... definately learning from his losses there. Didn't Silva train with Wandy at some stage as well (at Shute Boxe)? Not 100% sure on that, but it'd be a huge advantage to Rich if he did.
Yeah apparently they did back in the day according to the mmajunkie article. They speculate that Anderson may have already been irritated by Wand coming down to 185 to fight him and so he is training Rich to beat him.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Score one for the US. Though it appears that the talky guy who won would have lost if the UK Mr.T had any real skill beyond just a take down. I wasn't impressed. Dan was all excited only for the W. Too bad the brain surgery guy blew it.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To be fair "brain" guy was up against who i consider to be one of our best, hes quite well known on the underground circuit here in the UK.

Andre winner slightly impressed me against brain guy but tbh they didnt belong in the same ring.

As for Mr T Vs Demarques, Jesus. Bisping told him in prep "this guy loves the triangle from full guard".

So Mr T who had a shitty ground game, goes out takes him down, sits in full guard and leaves his head and arms in perfect position for a triangle.

Depending on Bispings excuse for not being, hes lost stock with me. A lot of UK guys feel the same atm.

2 guys i want to see smashed from the US team : Cameron Dollar and the **** who was doing the British accent in the first fight ep "More tea and crumpets for bisping" etc.

As for the British lot, dont really dislike any of them, but then again they havent shown anything negative from them.

(UK resident here btw).

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Damn we gotta learn these names hahaha

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Ok Santino the most recent US guy is the one who lost.

Is Damarques (guy who most recently won on US) the guy you mean? He's little bit of a whiny twat. Even though he made the first US win.
Cameron doesn't stick out in my mind but I know there's a few punk type guys on ours.
Ross (bald feisty UK) should be fun to watch. I'd like to see him against Richie (ginger US). Assuming they are same weight class.
James Wilks (terrible beard UK) is ugly as f@#$. He needs to go.
Nick O comes off alot like Amir S from the previous show. He looks like he'll get destroyed but probably will just win the whole thing. I liked that fat kid he fought to get on the show. "I fight because I can't sing"

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LMAO ye, reminds of the phil baroni quote when a reporter asked him "why do you fight" to which he replied something like..

I cant fking sing, i cant dance and i cant act. So i fking fight. Now ask me a question that doesnt sound so fking stupid

Yeah Nick O will get smashed by anyone with some cardio.

Ye Demarkques (spelling) is the moany US guy who has a big chip on his shoulder and lets Bisping wind him up. Dan said hes the best guy by far on the US team so i was expecting him to win, but didnt see much from him so he might be a sleeper.

I think the Richie (ginger kid) will take his division though, he has a ton of potential and already looks solid.

Cameron dollar is the guy from Ep5 who is giving mouth to both UK and US (mostly Jason dent), he also smacked some US guy on his ass when he was being sick and the US guy (from the first fight) flew at him lol.

Thought it was gonna go off.

Any reason they are doing 2 fights per episode? Shorter season?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it has to be a shorter season. I don't think they have more fighters this time.... kinda cool i guess. Damn we both blew it on predictions.
James W beat the Frank all talk Lester (i still think James is not fun to look at),
and Martin (who must have choked I think under the pressure) lost to your favorite Cameron. That guy looked like he was gonna pee his pants with Martin looking at him from across the cage. Complete upset. Maybe Martin had diarrhea or SOMETHING!??! how did he lose to that guy??

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Aw man Stapes is well known around here on the circuit if your into the local shows, hes a marine and mentality tough guy, also known for throwing down outside the ring, to see him choken like that actually upset me.

All i can think is that he gave dollar too much respect, he choked under pressure or simply, dollar was a damn sight better than he looked in his first fight. Either way dollar seemed respectful (ish) after the fight and a hell of a lot more humble, hopefully he continues like this.

As for James im so glad he won and in the fashion he did, i hated that franky, but iadmit i softened when he was crying at the end, obviously when guys like that cry it really comes through that this means the world to them, and the thought they missed the chance and didnt give their all in those 10 minutes crushes them in those moments.

So the UK guys through so far apart from Winner look awful. I predicted Winner as a finalist so hes no suprise. Nick O and James will get smashed though against anyone with half a game face.

Now maybe you guys will get why we love Bisping so much, compared to the standard talent we get to watch in the UK he is a god lol. As for his excuse for not turning up, what a fking disgrace, im hoping that was a lie and the truth will come out.

I notice they didnt interview dana white on the excuse lol, but yeah i lost respect for him and his attitude after it.

(Im sure he wont lose any sleep over it lol).

Problem is im not looking forward to anyone fighting in particular, the small ginger guy, jason dent and possibly the scouse guy from Liverpool with bleached hair.

Hendo seemed more alive in this episode, i wonder if something has been wrong with him?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I felt like these last 2 fights went backwards...

Dollar caught Stapple with a punch on the back of the head and he almost went down, and from then he just got lucky and finished it off. Felt like Staple was a better fighter but hey, better one not always wins.

Then on the second fight I felt like Frank was the better one and he also lost so heck, what can I say.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow impressed with the latest episode.

The ginger guy richie was my favourite to win the show for his weight.

The pitbull absolutly dominated the stand up and when it was there briefly the ground.

I know he hadnt trained for a week before the fight but Richie imo was a fair better prospect than the pit. Hes known in the UK as a scrappy guy who puts on a show, but never a clinic.

Ive been talking to Dean on facebook (Mr T) and he said there was a lot more than what was shown on camera to do with the Bisping thing, and Bisping has helped him after the show a LOT both training and with contacts to make up for it.

Dean (MR T) was in notts uni with my mate and hes a top guy, but not a great talent.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Well after what Bisping pulled, he sure as hell better get him into the pro's. But thats cool he's hookin that guy up. I'd really like to know what the issue was. Didn't he have a problem with his visa or something? Might be that. Be more exciting if it was some street brawl... but thats doubtful.
I think they'll put Richie up as an undercard for the finale. He's good and kinda got a raw deal with the facial breakout. I liked how the US guy was planning on knocking out the UK guys teeth and Karma came and bit him in his ass.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
the names are so hard to learn this season but i look forward to every wed. night for this show i LOVE IT!

jesse hit up your bb.com account i left you a message

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im loving facebook atm.

Have been in contact and addd a few of the UK TUF guys including stapleton.

Stapes said over facebook that Demarkques and Frank (teeth guy) were the most liked by the UK guys!!!! Whereas the editing has them as the villans lol

He said everyone loved frank, he was the only guy that kept the humour going right the way through, even when everyone else was grumpy.

When people would get heated he would shout " MORE TEA AND CRUMPETS FOR BISPING"
in a shitty british accent and crack everyone up.

He also said Franks a warrior and was willing to fight anytime, always offering to stand in if someone looked hurt or injured.

Bum deal imo, hes been made to look like an idiot who **** talked about some guys teeth then got his own sparked out.

He said Demarques was great and only got wound up when Bisping was about, apart from that very very chilled.

Dean (Mr T) also said it wasent the visa and it wasent anything sinister, but Mike had a good reason (not sleeping late) but it wont be disclosed.

As an aside, Shonie carter added me (no ****) because i had a lot of fighters on my list, asked "what kinda cat" i was then offered to sell me flo rider tickets but not to joke around because he wasent in the mood, LOL.

Random as hell.

James Thompson (MR i watch dvds) always has really deep and profound names, and when ive spoken to him hes really reflective and just not what i expected.

seabass

Awards
to the op...its mostly 100% about money
money=ratings
junie=ratings

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
haha dude your facebook stuff is funnny

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Richie denied my friend request, even after i told him he was my favourite :(

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I just hate the content of the American team. It honestly embarrasses me.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah they suck compared to last few seasons. when it comes to TUF I dont like 155's and 170's

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
tbh they had to drop the standard of the US team to make it seem more competitive.

first season with a load of us UK guys on there and we get demolished? whats that gonna do to our fragile egos here on our little island haha

but yeah, totally agree.

Machida and rampage next TUF coaches?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Its supposed to be Rashad and Rampage for the next TUF according to mmajunkie. Maybe cuz of the trash talkin.
Watched half yesterdays episode this morning. I never really noticed Hendos teeth missing. Crazy cracka. I like the build up of tension between him and Bisping. The water squirt was out of nowhere. I'm sure one of the directors bet him $20 he wouldn't do it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hendo hasn't had his teeth for awhile. After he beat Wand (that still gets to me), he didn't want to do the interview because he didn't have his denture in yet. Also, I hope he beats the royal sh!t out of Bisping. I never had a problem with him until now, but I hope Hendo KO's him.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
not that the card needs more hype, but its certainly getting it.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
100 will be damn good but i know some gay ass **** will happen like pre stoppage or something. to many good fights to be true. and yes i love a liking for bisping. so its making it even more better. his fighters suck ass.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly i think Bisping will beat Hendo, he give Rashad major problems, stuffed a load of his take downs and should have got the decision (karma for robbing hamil of his clear win).

Do i think Mike has what it takes to sit on top of 185? Nope. I doubt he ever will, but i think his style matches up well against Hendo's who looked poor against a shell that was formerly known as the Ace.

As for "his" fighters being ****, true for the most part but id prefer to use the term "raw". Simply because i dont believe anyone who hasent been in the ring/cage or put everything on the line to live unpaid in a house away from their family for 6+ weeks deserves a little more respect.

3 of the UKs best fighters in those weight classes were released after getting into the final selection without realising that no pay means NO PAY, lol.

Jimmy Judo would have torn every guy in there a new one.

Ive been speaking a lot to the UK TUF guys on facebook. Most of team USA train with existing UFC camps, and have done for several years in fully kitted out gyms with cages galore.

We dont have that in the UK, hell i know know of 2 cages in the bottom half of the UK that are readily available to train in.

After speaking to Stapleton a number of times, realising what he uses to train and what he sacrificed to go to that house, you realise it means everything to these guys.

I cant hate on lester or dollar anymore because the fact is, they want it more than anything even if we dont think they show it.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Oh man. I just finished the episode and wow I think David is a likable guy. I wonder if its bad coaching or if he just had the physical problems that he talked about with his throat. Even though he gave up 'if you will' I think his comments in the warm up room were hysterical. He didn't give a fck that Bisping was furious at his decision. "I had a good time!" I hope Dana gives him another shot later on. The other guy was ok for being battered from his previous fight. It seems like most of the guys on the show from every season do better when he's back with his old camp or just not in the house in general. If Dave could get that mouth piece crap out of his head during a fight I bet he'd be more exciting.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
the competition isnt as good in both sides but it still makes a great show. people rag on this show but i am glued i watch them 2 or 3 times. even if they arnt good i just love it. yeah they arnt exp. enough. the guy who quit man ughhhh i dont know.

I think hendo will beat bisping but not in a great fasion. rich franklin is tough and is better at 185.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember than Hendo is an Olympic-caliber Greco-Roman, while Rashad was an average Big-10 freestyle wrestler. If Hendo can takedown Rampage, he can definitely takedown Bisping.

wazza

Awards
Honestly i think Bisping will beat Hendo, he give Rashad major problems, stuffed a load of his take downs and should have got the decision (karma for robbing hamil of his clear win).

Do i think Mike has what it takes to sit on top of 185? Nope. I doubt he ever will, but i think his style matches up well against Hendo's who looked poor against a shell that was formerly known as the Ace.

As for "his" fighters being ****, true for the most part but id prefer to use the term "raw". Simply because i dont believe anyone who hasent been in the ring/cage or put everything on the line to live unpaid in a house away from their family for 6+ weeks deserves a little more respect.

3 of the UKs best fighters in those weight classes were released after getting into the final selection without realising that no pay means NO PAY, lol.

Jimmy Judo would have torn every guy in there a new one.

Ive been speaking a lot to the UK TUF guys on facebook. Most of team USA train with existing UFC camps, and have done for several years in fully kitted out gyms with cages galore.

We dont have that in the UK, hell i know know of 2 cages in the bottom half of the UK that are readily available to train in.

After speaking to Stapleton a number of times, realising what he uses to train and what he sacrificed to go to that house, you realise it means everything to these guys.

I cant hate on lester or dollar anymore because the fact is, they want it more than anything even if we dont think they show it.
theres 4 cages in a 3 mile area in the part of the uk im from lol..theres 8 gyms all mma too where im from
stapes is fighting on strike and submit against one of my students andrew fisher...hopefully fish will get the win...hes got nothing to lose..but very tough fight for fish..stapes is a tough fit fighter..great wrestling..great boxer..i think stapes was much much much better and 99 times out of 100 woulda beat the kid he fought he got beat off BUT he get rocked with the shot that caught him on the back of the head when he shot in..was a lucky unintentional shot i think....and i think it messed his whole fight up..i think the kid was very fortunate as stapes in my opnion is ten times the fighter than the kid he got beat off...also my claim to fame i kno ross pearson whos "the pitbull" in the house haha..weve trained a few times b4 his fight with abdul last year..i think ross to win the whole thing..the kids an animal..cardio for days...explosive..really skilled in all areas..and the heart of a lion

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I wanted the guy who Dean A beat, to get in the house, on the show. He something out of a movie. Would have been a completely different show if he got in.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Remember than Hendo is an Olympic-caliber Greco-Roman, while Rashad was an average Big-10 freestyle wrestler. If Hendo can takedown Rampage, he can definitely takedown Bisping.
No doubt he can, no doubt in my mind.

But i wonder if he will? He could have taken Franklin down, he could have taken Silva down for 5 rounds and be the 185 champ now but he didnt.

I think if he stands with Bisping we will see a leben style clone match, Bispings not going to KO him, hes not going to Sub him, a decision is the only thing i see for Bisping.

Unlike Hendo, i can see a TKO/KO or a decision win.

Hendo has more ways to win the fight but remember Rampage has spent months with Mike to train with him for this fight.

Whatever happens, i hope Mike puts on a good show for us UK guys who get a bad rap, but is humble in victory or defeat.

He said what he said in the heat of the moment against hamil because of the bad blood, i hope he doesnt repeat it after Hendo, hell even Tito managed a few kind words for people he hated.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wanted the guy who Dean A beat, to get in the house, on the show. He something out of a movie. Would have been a completely different show if he got in.
Typical cockney fella, 10 a penny in low levels promotions.

Tons of mic skills and attitude but too much of a showman.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
its unfortunate. i mean the guy was telling mr. t to hit him harder while he was pinned down. friggin awesome.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just seen the latest ep, Bisping is being put across as a moany ****er, i hope to god its the editing.

"You made a racist remark", i agree if a white person said something similar there would be uproar i.e. your black that the darkest night. But thats just the way it is man, plus mike got the wrong guy, it was cumquick dollar.

Faulkner could and should have won that fight easy and would have even if he was stoned had franky been any less of an absolute warrior.

Frank has the heart of a lion and is probably my favorite fighting of the show, not many of us would have stepped in and taken the punishment he did with a fked up face. Hendo only clipped him in sparring and he was nearly crying, Faulkner smashed him with some bombs and he would not quit, no chance.

Didnt get the whole training time thing and the arguments though.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
It is some editing but not 100% thats just how he is. I think hes funny but also annoying and want him to lose. Hes just making money hahaha not by playing tennis tho. Hendo was tired of waking up early so he decided to cash in his time to switch because they are allowd to but he decided to do it at the last bout. I think its 4-4 now so I think finally the teams will not chance, I would like that.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah 4v4 is good, always seems to end up even.

Tennis, jesus, no one plays tennis in the UK haha. More chance of winning a wrestling match.

I love Bisping, but i can imagine him being quite the bully if left unchecked.

Dammit, why cant we have a UK version of Rich Franklin

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bla55 MMA 13
mmacrazy MMA 6
Mulletsoldier MMA 116
MMA 114
daniel35 MMA 36