Fedor Emelianenko vs Brock Lesnar.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
Tell me you wouldnt wanna see this fight happen. Fedor would lay a beating on Lesnar and expose him like the joke he is. Fedor needs to be in the UFC and needs to end this Lesnar parade. . Dana should definitely look into this one.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Geez, you think?

I was looking forward seeing the Easter Bunny x Santa too. But I don't know who would have the edge on that one... I mean, one represents Jesus birth, the other one his resurrection... So I don't know...

But all kidding aside, Dana just found his new poster boy for the heavyweight division, and knowing he never let Randy go against Fedor, why would he possibly let Lesnar, his new boy, go against someone who everyone knows is close to unbeatable?

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
If Lesnor is a joke then why would it take Fedor to expose you would think any good heavyweight could do the job. I do not think Lesnor could beat Fedor but I also do not think he is a joke

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Because the UFC heavyweight used to be a division for an average of 240lbs. Look at all the good fighters, from Kongo, to Silvia, to Couture, everyone was walking around with 240 or so.

Then Dana comes up with a random beast, who just got on UFC, and probably took about 55 cycles while on the WWE to achieve his size, while most who are in the MMA world are tested ever since they are amateur and have to go at "normally". It's not a matter of how skilled he is, it's all about him having 50lbs on everyone else in the division, and him not having to go through the process all the other UFC fighters had to go through.

UFC fighters, heck MMA fighters in general, are not gonna be able to use the amount of gear Brock did to achieve his body size and build. And most fighters can't really take on someone who is like that, but Fedor has proven he can take people no matter what their size is.

So that's why, even though I think some UFC fighters could take him down with a few more pounds, like Mir, Gonzaga, and heck, even Kongo if he puts on another 10lbs or so. Most of Brock's fights have been taken over by his brute strength. Given, he's a great wrestler, but even great wrestlers sometimes have a hard time when fighting other great wrestlers ou takedown defense artists. Brute strength makes everything that much easier. Like GSP x BJ. The weight difference played a role there as well, and even though GSP is a much better fighter IMO, he still mandhandled BJ through brute force as well.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like brock and think he will continue to do well, but 6edor is another animal all together.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Because the UFC heavyweight used to be a division for an average of 240lbs. Look at all the good fighters, from Kongo, to Silvia, to Couture, everyone was walking around with 240 or so.

Then Dana comes up with a random beast, who just got on UFC, and probably took about 55 cycles while on the WWE to achieve his size, while most who are in the MMA world are tested ever since they are amateur and have to go at "normally". It's not a matter of how skilled he is, it's all about him having 50lbs on everyone else in the division, and him not having to go through the process all the other UFC fighters had to go through.

UFC fighters, heck MMA fighters in general, are not gonna be able to use the amount of gear Brock did to achieve his body size and build. And most fighters can't really take on someone who is like that, but Fedor has proven he can take people no matter what their size is.

So that's why, even though I think some UFC fighters could take him down with a few more pounds, like Mir, Gonzaga, and heck, even Kongo if he puts on another 10lbs or so. Most of Brock's fights have been taken over by his brute strength. Given, he's a great wrestler, but even great wrestlers sometimes have a hard time when fighting other great wrestlers ou takedown defense artists. Brute strength makes everything that much easier. Like GSP x BJ. The weight difference played a role there as well, and even though GSP is a much better fighter IMO, he still mandhandled BJ through brute force as well.
Well said, reps

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lesnar wrestled at UM at ~285 lbs. To say that his size is solely attributable to his time in the WWE and gear is asinine.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Im not saying that he hasnt taken anything as I dont know for sure but I know that Brock has always been huge, he grew up on a farm living off of large quantities of eggs, milk, and beef. He has stated that hes been accused of taking steroids since 10th grade in highschool and he has never failed a drug test. He was tested upon entering college, in the WWE/WWF when some legal sh1t was going down, when he tried out for the NFL, and before and after each of his UFC fights. Being tested that much you would think he would have at least been caught once after being tested like that. Also he was weighing in at about 220 in high school and got up to his current weight while in college. So even if he took roids, which it couldnt have been that much or that often if he never failed his drug tests, he still got to his size by the time he was 21. Just playin the devils advocate here :p

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Even if, and I'd put a big if, he's just a genetic freak that achieves 285lbs with no sort of gear, ever, he's still fighting at 285 against 230, 245lb guys.

He's a great wrestler, yes, but he uses his brute strength a lot more than fighting skills. Same thing I mentioned about BJ and GSP. BJ is a great at takedown D, and a black belt in Jiu Jitsu. Yet, GSP just dominated him. Do I think GSP is a better fighter than BJ? Yes. Do I think having more skills was the only thing that dictated that fight? No. The 20, 30lbs difference between both fighters played a HUGE role there as well. Hence why they are in different weight classes.

When a fighter has 50lbs on another it's never going to be a fair fight. Do I blame Lesnar for being huge? No. But I don't think it's fair to have him go against someone who may be just 210lbs (just as an example). He's going to have a HUGE edge. Lesnar is not one to blame here, the UFC is for allowing this huge disparity between fighters. And that's why they wouldn't create a 225lb class, because if they did noone would give a damn about 225+ as it would be pretty much a weight class of Lesnar and... Lesnar...

And ok, I didn't know he was 285 at college, but heck, just look at football players. Some of them more than obviously take gear and never get caught. One that has recently brought up those "rumors" is Cushing from USC. Check it out

All I'm saying is, weight difference is a huge factor, and fighting smaller fighters is a huge edge already.

Mick81

Mick81

Awards
noone would give a damn about 225+ as it would be pretty much a weight class of Lesnar and... Lesnar...
I'd sure as hell pay money to watch Lesnar beat the s#!t outta himself!!:banghead:

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
bla said it. he uses his brute strength rather than much skill. its been said on here before but if lesnar was to drop 40 lbs i think the other guys would have the edge because of there skill. i dont like the idea of brock being in mma just like i didnt like the idea of kimbo slice coming into mma. i think everyone in the mma world should put out a huge effort to get this fight going i think it would be insane, have a record number of viewers, and finally give fedor the credit he deserves since not to many pple know about him, and eliminate this idea of brock lesnar being untouchable.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
bla said it. he uses his brute strength rather than have any type of skill. its been said on here before but if lesnar was to drop 40 lbs i think the other guys would have the edge because of there skill. i dont like the idea of brock being in mma just like i didnt like the idea of kimbo slice coming into mma. i think everyone in the mma world should put out a huge effort to get this fight going i think it would be insane, have a record number of viewers, and finally give fedor the credit he deserves since not to many pple know about him, and eliminate this idea of brock lesnar being untouchable.
I disagree there, though. Brock is a killer wrestler. He owned everyone else when in College. BUT, we've seen tons of great wrestlers in MMA, not one really dominated, though, unless they had the package. And I don't feel like Lesnar has that whole package. He's a great wrestler, but I feel like his size just make his flaws disapear and noone really gets a chance to see the rest of his game, as he can manhandle anyone else in his weight class right now.

Create another weight class, and let Brock dominate Super Heavyweight, I don't care... But I want to see people fighting people their own size, and not a 215 Randy Couture fighting a 285 Brock (btw, anyone remember what Randy weight in was?). And let it be noted, Randy was pretty big for his average size.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Awesome, took the words from my mouth. VIVA FEDOR! The KING!!

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
He is a great wrestler obviously and he has tremendous power in his fists (breaking Herrings orbital bone with the first punch he threw). I am glad he is in the UFC if a heavyweight cant take out someone who is less experienced or skilled just cause he is stronger than too bad looks like you need more skill or more strength. If Lesnar wins fights thats cause he deserves to win. Now I do agree that he is not the most complete mixed martial artist and his biggest advantages are his strength and wrestling but if you cant overcome that then he is better than you. Maybe heavyweights should start hitting the weights a little bit more if thats the problem. I still think Mir submits Lesnar again. I also want to see a Shane Carwin vs Lesnar match but I want to see them brawl it out instead of wrestle!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's just say that Brock is 285 come fight time and Mir is roughly 255-260 by fight time, a 25-30 lb difference when there is a 59 lb gap in the weight class is not impossible. Technique has much more impact than most people realize, especially when it comes to grappling. To say that Brock is a chump that relies solely on strength is absolutely clueless to fighting.

Here are some examples of outstanding collegiate wrestlers/Olympians who became champions:
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Randy Couture
Matt Hughes
Don Frye

Tkomma

Tkomma

Awards
Name a number one contender that Fedor has fought since Nog. Did anyone see the X-rays of Herring's face?

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
well im not sure if that was directed in my way but i never once said he was a chump. i said his advantages were his strength which is true and that the IDEA people have of him being the best and untouchable is a joke. kids at my gym who just recently got into mma are telling me that lesnar is the best fighter mma has seen and the best pound for pound heavyweight to hold the title? come on

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Name a number one contender that Fedor has fought since Nog. Did anyone see the X-rays of Herring's face?
Since Nog? Seriously?

CC (#2 HW when they fought)
AA (#2 HW when they fought)
Sylvia (#5 HW when they fought)

Fedor has fought, and destroyed, 2 top-10 HWs in a 6 month stretch. No other fighter even fought 2 top-10 HW during that time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well im not sure if that was directed in my way but i never once said he was a chump. i said his advantages were his strength which is true and that the IDEA people have of him being the best and untouchable is a joke. kids at my gym who just recently got into mma are telling me that lesnar is the best fighter mma has seen and the best pound for pound heavyweight to hold the title? come on
That's like actually considering the opinion of Dr Suess to be a legit medical opinion. Who gives a damn about what some tard of a TUFer thinks?

Seriously, WTF happened to this section??

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Lol.

But seriously, anyone know anything about randleman lately?

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
What in blue ****!?

OMFG. Lmao that seems so insane to me. Dude looked super lean in his last pride fights and what was his fighting weight around 230? Why would he do that?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What in blue ****!?

OMFG. Lmao that seems so insane to me. Dude looked super lean in his last pride fights and what was his fighting weight around 230? Why would he do that?
He has had numerous injuries, surgeries, and infections over the years. There's a pic of his staph infection floating around here somewhere. The mian reason for him dropping is that MW is a much thinner division than LHW or HW (which he has bounced between since 2001).

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
True, but damn it seems to unfeasible for a guy his frame to do that.

Vitor looked great, but I don't think he was as big as Randleman.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since Nog? Seriously?

CC (#2 HW when they fought)
AA (#2 HW when they fought)
Sylvia (#5 HW when they fought)

Fedor has fought, and destroyed, 2 top-10 HWs in a 6 month stretch. No other fighter even fought 2 top-10 HW during that time.
Seriously, the only thing left for Fedor is Barnett, and I dont think that it will be too competitive for too long.

Anyone who picks on Brock for his size, doesnt get it, look at Mir-Lesnar I.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I really like Barnett as of late. But, who knows against Fedor.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
While lesnar is fairly new to mma, to say he has no skill is crazy. Forgetting his wrestling , he has improved dramatically from fight to fight. He still has a ways to go obviously but he HAS shown improvement. And why in the hell would he NOT use his size and strength to his advantage? He is far from just a big guy anyway.

Tkomma

Tkomma

Awards
CC? Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like he fights cans.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CC? Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like he fights cans.
Very, very wrong.

Nog
Hunt
Wand x2
Barnett x3
Overeem
Igor
Randleman
Coleman
Aleks
Fujita x2
Herring

Yeah, those are all cans...

Tkomma

Tkomma

Awards
I was referring to his last six fights. Poopy pants and Arlovski are washed up, HMC and Linland had no business fighting fedor, and Coleman only did well in Japan because of the lack of drug tests. The only one in my opinion whom had any business fighting Fedor was Hunt.
Very, very wrong.

Nog
Hunt
Wand x2
Barnett x3
Overeem
Igor
Randleman
Coleman
Aleks
Fujita x2
Herring

Yeah, those are all cans...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was referring to his last six fights. Poopy pants and Arlovski are washed up, HMC and Linland had no business fighting fedor, and Coleman only did well in Japan because of the lack of drug tests. The only one in my opinion whom had any business fighting Fedor was Hunt.
Two HWs that are currently in the top-5 are washed up? Tard.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Dude, seriously please stop talking...

Your ignorance literally makes me nauseous...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tkomma,

With all due respect to Hunt, Sylvia and AA washed up? Wow

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
So what you're saying, if they are all washed up and all, is that the Heavyweight division has ZERO actual fighters in it, correct?

Or do you mean that only fighters in the UFC are not washed up...

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I agree Fedor would probably win this fight via sub.....but I sure would like to see Fedor in the UFC so he could fight some more exciting fights. I can't help but feel that most ( not all ) of the best fighters who are in their prime are in the UFC.

When I watch other organizations' fights...I can't help but YAWN! Many do looked washed up or one dimensional.

Someone send White an e-mail! Let him know we want Fedor in the UFC ! LOL!

Truthfully...I don't see why Fedor couldn't sign something like a 5 fight deal something like what Vitor just did. Yes, Yes, I know all the explanations but I still don't get it. He's run out of opponents! I don't personally like Barnett as a fighter. Plus I think Barnet is scared of him & uses "he's my friend" too much.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
honestly i think Fedor has not been active enough. Neither has silva. They have not been fighting the compettion they should be. GSP has been fighting some real challengers though and will continue to. In my opinion he should be ranked #1 in the world real soon if things continue down the same path.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree that AA is washed up. He has a glass jaw and now he is gonna box. Its not gonna be good.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly i think Fedor has not been active enough. Neither has silva. They have not been fighting the compettion they should be. GSP has been fighting some real challengers though and will continue to. In my opinion he should be ranked #1 in the world real soon if things continue down the same path.
Could not agree more.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^ x2 about GSP being ranked #1 in the world soon
When you relativize the competition of A. Silva, Fedor and GSP over the last two years, there is really no comparison. Now, the issue is that GSP had that unfortunate loss to Serra during that period.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
When you relativize the competition of A. Silva, Fedor and GSP over the last two years, there is really no comparison. Now, the issue is that GSP had that unfortunate loss to Serra during that period.
interesting oppinion

Tkomma

Tkomma

Awards
I don't think poopy pants has anything left. I don't think the only good heavyweights are in the UFC. I need to go to bed.
I agree that AA is washed up. He has a glass jaw and now he is gonna box. Its not gonna be good.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
i really wish you guys would quit riding the damn fedor train. hes not unbeatable. put him against some real competition and see what happens. yes aa was real competition and if he would have stuck to the game plan he would have won imo. fedor is not god. he didnt armbar satan to sleep and he doesnt eat pigeons and **** angels. come on guys hes human. not t3. jesus christ get off the mans wang plz. when he gets real competition in the form of couture gonzaga or any of the effin heavyweights the ufc has then yes he can truely say he right hooked jesus into his death bed.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
God? Arguably. Best fighter? for sure. Noone has beaten as many people on their peak as Fedor did and kept unbeatten for this long. So I don't even see who could have been brought to comparisson as who'd be the best fighter in the world.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i really wish you guys would quit riding the damn fedor train. hes not unbeatable. put him against some real competition and see what happens. yes aa was real competition and if he would have stuck to the game plan he would have won imo. fedor is not god. he didnt armbar satan to sleep and he doesnt eat pigeons and **** angels. come on guys hes human. not t3. jesus christ get off the mans wang plz. when he gets real competition in the form of couture gonzaga or any of the effin heavyweights the ufc has then yes he can truely say he right hooked jesus into his death bed.
Just checking, but you are referring to the Gonzaga whom just lost to Carwin in a pinch over a minute, and the Couture whom just lost to Lesnar in his fourth fight? I understand what you are saying, but you just used very poor examples.

In terms of 'being on Fedor's wang', I am definitely not riding his jock. Before he beat AA you said: "He needs to defeat a Top 5 HW!". Now that he dispatched AA you say: "AA totally may have won, had he stuck to a game-plan which appeared to be working in the first round!"

When you look at your arguments, they are not that strong.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
God? Arguably. Best fighter? for sure. Noone has beaten as many people on their peak as Fedor did and kept unbeatten for this long. So I don't even see who could have been brought to comparisson as who'd be the best fighter in the world.
I think GSP has a shot at being considered #1 P4P if Fedor does not sign with the UFC and face stiffer, and more frequent, competition.

By no means would GSP be the GOAT, or the best fighter in the world, but the P4P until such time where Fedor faced better competition.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree Mullett. I think Anderson is stuck with little to no competition at 185, as there is no one there who stands a chance IMO. To me he is the best, but he doesnt have the opportunity for big fights like GSP does.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree Mullett. I think Anderson is stuck with little to no competition at 185, as there is no one there who stands a chance IMO. To me he is the best, but he doesnt have the opportunity for big fights like GSP does.
Yeah, precisely. GSP has thoroughly dismantled a division known for its depth.

In regard to active fighters, there are few fighters whose relative competition is as strong: GSP has beaten "the greatest WW" twice in convincing fashion [Hughes]; a fighter perennially considered in the P4P top five twice, with the last being a complete domination [Penn]; has avenged both of his losses in dominating wins, and; has always fought the upper echelon of his division when given the chance.

To me, the fact that he has beaten BJ Penn twice is a resounding endorsement. (The last bout being an absolute destruction.) If BJ beat Georges twice, the fanboys would have his golden shrine already prepared as the GOAT - a bit of a double standard there.