^ x2 about GSP being ranked #1 in the world soon

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    ^ x2 about GSP being ranked #1 in the world soon
    When you relativize the competition of A. Silva, Fedor and GSP over the last two years, there is really no comparison. Now, the issue is that GSP had that unfortunate loss to Serra during that period.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    When you relativize the competition of A. Silva, Fedor and GSP over the last two years, there is really no comparison. Now, the issue is that GSP had that unfortunate loss to Serra during that period.
    interesting oppinion
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I don't think poopy pants has anything left. I don't think the only good heavyweights are in the UFC. I need to go to bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    I agree that AA is washed up. He has a glass jaw and now he is gonna box. Its not gonna be good.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  236 lbs.
    Answers

i really wish you guys would quit riding the damn fedor train. hes not unbeatable. put him against some real competition and see what happens. yes aa was real competition and if he would have stuck to the game plan he would have won imo. fedor is not god. he didnt armbar satan to sleep and he doesnt eat pigeons and **** angels. come on guys hes human. not t3. jesus christ get off the mans wang plz. when he gets real competition in the form of couture gonzaga or any of the effin heavyweights the ufc has then yes he can truely say he right hooked jesus into his death bed.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Answers

God? Arguably. Best fighter? for sure. Noone has beaten as many people on their peak as Fedor did and kept unbeatten for this long. So I don't even see who could have been brought to comparisson as who'd be the best fighter in the world.
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bendiesel View Post
    i really wish you guys would quit riding the damn fedor train. hes not unbeatable. put him against some real competition and see what happens. yes aa was real competition and if he would have stuck to the game plan he would have won imo. fedor is not god. he didnt armbar satan to sleep and he doesnt eat pigeons and **** angels. come on guys hes human. not t3. jesus christ get off the mans wang plz. when he gets real competition in the form of couture gonzaga or any of the effin heavyweights the ufc has then yes he can truely say he right hooked jesus into his death bed.
    Just checking, but you are referring to the Gonzaga whom just lost to Carwin in a pinch over a minute, and the Couture whom just lost to Lesnar in his fourth fight? I understand what you are saying, but you just used very poor examples.

In terms of 'being on Fedor's wang', I am definitely not riding his jock. Before he beat AA you said: "He needs to defeat a Top 5 HW!". Now that he dispatched AA you say: "AA totally may have won, had he stuck to a game-plan which appeared to be working in the first round!"

When you look at your arguments, they are not that strong.
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    God? Arguably. Best fighter? for sure. Noone has beaten as many people on their peak as Fedor did and kept unbeatten for this long. So I don't even see who could have been brought to comparisson as who'd be the best fighter in the world.
    I think GSP has a shot at being considered #1 P4P if Fedor does not sign with the UFC and face stiffer, and more frequent, competition.

By no means would GSP be the GOAT, or the best fighter in the world, but the P4P until such time where Fedor faced better competition.
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I agree Mullett. I think Anderson is stuck with little to no competition at 185, as there is no one there who stands a chance IMO. To me he is the best, but he doesnt have the opportunity for big fights like GSP does.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I agree Mullett. I think Anderson is stuck with little to no competition at 185, as there is no one there who stands a chance IMO. To me he is the best, but he doesnt have the opportunity for big fights like GSP does.
    Yeah, precisely. GSP has thoroughly dismantled a division known for its depth.

In regard to active fighters, there are few fighters whose relative competition is as strong: GSP has beaten "the greatest WW" twice in convincing fashion [Hughes]; a fighter perennially considered in the P4P top five twice, with the last being a complete domination [Penn]; has avenged both of his losses in dominating wins, and; has always fought the upper echelon of his division when given the chance.

To me, the fact that he has beaten BJ Penn twice is a resounding endorsement. (The last bout being an absolute destruction.) If BJ beat Georges twice, the fanboys would have his golden shrine already prepared as the GOAT - a bit of a double standard there.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I think the double standard as you perceive it is due to natural weight difference. I think they are fan boys for both who are completely out of touch.

I think if Anderson would move to 205 permanently and dominate then he is #1.

Regarding Fedor, he needs to be more active, that is his only draw back. He has beaten everyone who "matters" outside of barnett, and that will happen soon enough.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I think GSP has a shot at being considered #1 P4P if Fedor does not sign with the UFC and face stiffer, and more frequent, competition.

By no means would GSP be the GOAT, or the best fighter in the world, but the P4P until such time where Fedor faced better competition.
    I will agree that right now GSP has started showing real proof of being one of the best p4p, but he'll never have the undefeated record fedor does. GSP did slip against early Matt Serra but has made it back.

I just think he needs more fights, cause it's hard keeping your belt against tuff competition, but I feel like it's near damn impossible never making a costly mistake after 30 some fights and never getting caught like Fedor has done.
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

IMO, the P4P is like this:
    1. Fedor (he has not lost a fight; if you dispute this, then you have never seen the vid or know the rule of that org.)
    2. GSP (his loss to Serra, although flukey, keeps me from putting him at #1)
    3. Andy (division is too thin)
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I think the double standard as you perceive it is due to natural weight difference. I think they are fan boys for both who are completely out of touch.

I think if Anderson would move to 205 permanently and dominate then he is #1.

Regarding Fedor, he needs to be more active, that is his only draw back. He has beaten everyone who "matters" outside of barnett, and that will happen soon enough.
    I am not so sure it is regarding weight, but; rather, due to BJ's aura of natural ability.

I agree with all the rest, though.
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    1. Fedor (he has not lost a fight; if you dispute this, then you have never seen the vid or know the rule of that org.)
    Agreed.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Agreed.
    YGM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

YGM.
    Word? I will give it a peep and get back to you tonight or tomorrow Rodj!
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Word? I will give it a peep and get back to you tonight or tomorrow Rodj!
    Danke.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Answers

My thoughts exactly. And yeah, he has lost a fight, but due to having to move a fighter up the tournament, and also due to an illegal blow... So I don't know how much I can hold that against him seeing he was winning that fight.
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

The Serra fight is most certainly flukey, however, he got caught and lost. I gotta agree with Rodja here, that does hold him back, as that never happens to fedor....amazingly
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tkomma View Post
    I don't think poopy pants has anything left. I don't think the only good heavyweights are in the UFC. I need to go to bed.
    'Poopy pants'

I think I laughed so hard I pooped...

just a little
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    'Poopy pants'

I think I laughed so hard I pooped...

just a little
    The funniest thing about Sylvia is that the only fighters he has ever lost to are the elite of the elite HW's. Even now, all of his losses (AA, Fedor, Nog, Mir, Couture) are amongst the top-5 HW's in the world. Yes, he is a goofy bastard and I am not a fan, but I do acknowledge that he is a very, very good fighter.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

He's goofy but likable. The last time he beat AA his battle cry was "wassup NOW" with a look on his face like he just chugged a beer. Hilarious.

Tim 'frank the tank' silvia
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Answers

aa is tight
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I might be wrong, I just think Randy took part of his soul.
    The funniest thing about Sylvia is that the only fighters he has ever lost to are the elite of the elite HW's. Even now, all of his losses (AA, Fedor, Nog, Mir, Couture) are amongst the top-5 HW's in the world. Yes, he is a goofy bastard and I am not a fan, but I do acknowledge that he is a very, very good fighter.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

fedor will not be beaten by anyone. he has the complete package.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roidrandy View Post
    No one is invincible!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

anderson silva announced he wants to fight fedor as a heavy weight. if he can get the swolls he has a chance to take down fedor.
  29. Banned
    Answers

no he dosent, fedor would take anderson down hard. like the guy said above, he is complete package dont belive it youtube some videos. though AS is good verrrrrrry good and deserves his success
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Even if, and I'd put a big if, he's just a genetic freak that achieves 285lbs with no sort of gear, ever, he's still fighting at 285 against 230, 245lb guys.

He's a great wrestler, yes, but he uses his brute strength a lot more than fighting skills. Same thing I mentioned about BJ and GSP. BJ is a great at takedown D, and a black belt in Jiu Jitsu. Yet, GSP just dominated him. Do I think GSP is a better fighter than BJ? Yes. Do I think having more skills was the only thing that dictated that fight? No. The 20, 30lbs difference between both fighters played a HUGE role there as well. Hence why they are in different weight classes.

When a fighter has 50lbs on another it's never going to be a fair fight. Do I blame Lesnar for being huge? No. But I don't think it's fair to have him go against someone who may be just 210lbs (just as an example). He's going to have a HUGE edge. Lesnar is not one to blame here, the UFC is for allowing this huge disparity between fighters. And that's why they wouldn't create a 225lb class, because if they did noone would give a damn about 225+ as it would be pretty much a weight class of Lesnar and... Lesnar...

And ok, I didn't know he was 285 at college, but heck, just look at football players. Some of them more than obviously take gear and never get caught. One that has recently brought up those "rumors" is Cushing from USC. Check it out

All I'm saying is, weight difference is a huge factor, and fighting smaller fighters is a huge edge already.
    Considering the UFC doesnt handle the testing (The NSAC does) theres really no way for Lesnar to get around the testing outside of HGH. Not to mention Lesnars physique now is one that isnt nearly as tight as it was when he was with the WWE.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roidrandy View Post

I love Fedor but in MMA anyone can be beat. I think Lesnars size and power would pose a problem depending on how good Lesnars Jitz defense is.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MacTruck33 View Post
    I love Fedor but in MMA anyone can be beat. I think Lesnars size and power would pose a problem depending on how good Lesnars Jitz defense is.
    Not very good judging by his outing with mir, and fedor has sambo, not just any submission skills, but possibly the best.
    Gause institute member

Need2slin designer.Product designer/ **** admin.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Not very good judging by his outing with mir, and fedor has sambo, not just any submission skills, but possibly the best.
    It's not just his grappling (although he has a sambo background, he has adopted many BJJ techniques as well) that makes him so dominant, it's his burst, cardio, and ability to adapt to each fighter.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe Chuck can get out of his contract by Aug 15th and pack on more weight and get a go at him.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post

I think Lesnar would lost just based on Fedors submissions. Fedors just as good on his back as he is standing and would be right at home wrapped around the arm of Brock.

See Mark Coleman fight for what would happen.
  36. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I think Lesnar poses problems for any heavyweight out there, just based on size and athleticism for that weight. With that said, his sub defense will have to be better to beat Mir (who I think he was well on his way to beating the first time, prior to the stoppage), and if he were ever to fight Fedor, it would have to be a strength and not an aspect that still needs to grow.

If they met now, I dont think that fight lasts 2 minutes, prior to fedor subbing him
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

As much as I like Lesnar and am hopeful of his potential, in the world of MMA fighting talent, Fedor is:

Granted at Lesnar's size and strength, anyone can be KO'd by a timely (or randomly flailing) punch by Lesnar, but Fedor isn't just a good fighter talent wise, he's a smart fighter too. I think a Lesnar/Fedor fight, would look like Lesnar bulldogging around and looking like the aggressor for the first 2 min and once Fedor has assessed his opponent and developed a strategy, then it'll be all downhill.
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    As much as I like Lesnar and am hopeful of his potential, in the world of MMA fighting talent, Fedor is:

Granted at Lesnar's size and strength, anyone can be KO'd by a timely (or randomly flailing) punch by Lesnar, but Fedor isn't just a good fighter talent wise, he's a smart fighter too. I think a Lesnar/Fedor fight, would look like Lesnar bulldogging around and looking like the aggressor for the first 2 min and once Fedor has assessed his opponent and developed a strategy, then it'll be all downhill.
    couldnt agree with you more
  39. Banned
    Answers

MAN ID LOVE TO SEEEEEE THIS! this would be such a huggggeeeeee fight
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Im liking all of the Fedor love around here.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Brock Lesnar is out of UFC 131
    By tommygunzz in forum MMA
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 06:05 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 09:03 PM
  3. Brock Lesnar's MMA Workout
    By hitsquaddd in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 05:48 PM