do you have any good streaching rutines for high kicks?

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
let me know what you use and how othen do you do them any links?

BradyJ15

Awards
Have you tried Yoga at all? I always had a bit of an issue getting my foot to head-height, but after a month or so I really noticed a difference. It really needs to focus on full-body, I was always suprised by how stretched out my obliques would get after throwing a few high kicks into the bag.

g3680

Awards
one of the best stretches for high kicking and kick in general ....stand with your right side towards a wall....put your right palm against the wall for balance...hold your left hand 90degrees out and keep your left leg straight (its important to keep your leg straight or your cheating yourself ) and start laterally bringing your left leg towards your left palm ( don't move your palm to the leg that's the point of the stretch to eventually get up to kicking your hand with ease every time without it hurting or having a pulling feeling )....in that same position hold your left hand straight out in front of you and kick straight upwards towards your hand again.....then face the wall with both hands against it ....kick backwards as high as you can....when your bringing your legs back down make sure that its a controlled movement and DO NOT let your foot touch the floor , then go straight back up then control it back down....do each position for 10 reps ...then rotate over and do the right leg....I fight Muay Thai and MMA its one of the best exercises I have found for strengthening the inside and outside of the WHOLE pelvic region while also stretching it ...when you first start the sideways lifts will hurt , so as soon as you feel that pull go back down each time you should go just a lil farther ...I also agree with BradyJ15 yoga will help with your entire body....its crazy what fighters will do to help there fighting game...lol...Ive been in a regular weightlifting gym and be doing some stuff that I prolly should have came home and done in private but at this point I dont really care...I could hear some of the guys " what the hell is that, why would he do that " lol

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
one of the best stretches for high kicking and kick in general ....stand with your right side towards a wall....put your right palm against the wall for balance...hold your left hand 90degrees out and keep your left leg straight (its important to keep your leg straight or your cheating yourself ) and start laterally bringing your left leg towards your left palm ( don't move your palm to the leg that's the point of the stretch to eventually get up to kicking your hand with ease every time without it hurting or having a pulling feeling )....in that same position hold your left hand straight out in front of you and kick straight upwards towards your hand again.....then face the wall with both hands against it ....kick backwards as high as you can....when your bringing your legs back down make sure that its a controlled movement and DO NOT let your foot touch the floor , then go straight back up then control it back down....do each position for 10 reps ...then rotate over and do the right leg....I fight Muay Thai and MMA its one of the best exercises I have found for strengthening the inside and outside of the WHOLE pelvic region while also stretching it ...when you first start the sideways lifts will hurt , so as soon as you feel that pull go back down each time you should go just a lil farther ...I also agree with BradyJ15 yoga will help with your entire body....its crazy what fighters will do to help there fighting game...lol...Ive been in a regular weightlifting gym and be doing some stuff that I prolly should have came home and done in privatbut at this point I dont really care...I could hear some of the guys " what the hell is that, why would he do that " lol
When i bring my leg to my hand should i use momentum or slow controled movement?
Show me some good yoga moves :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 4
Supplements 4