Evans vs Machida now since Rampage is out

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think.
Rampage is now out due to an injured jaw that needs surgery.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
itll still be a very good fight...but rampage deserved it more IMO

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Rampage will be back. Not sure what the recovery time will be on that kind of surgery though. Too bad he'll be fighting Machida for the belt, cuz I wanted to see, as he calls it, some black on black crime! I liked Rampage after TUF but after that trash talking I'm now a H U G E Jackson fan!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Has this fight been officially announced? I'm just not sold on Machida. Who else is there though?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah his image is now on the card on the ufc site.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just bout impossible to call this one. Machida's style...You just cant train for it. I hope he wins, I cant stand sugar[great fighter yes]
I soooo badly wanted to see Rampage Evans :-(

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'd lovvvvvvve to see Sugar get knocked out. But more important I just want a win for machida. On the other hand I too wanted Ram/Evans and that would be put off for a while if Evans loses. Hard to call in that sense too.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Though I am interested in a Rashad/Lyoto, my interest in a Rashad/Page was much, MUCH higher .

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's still a good marketing angle for the UFC (2 undefeated fighters have never fought for a title) and I also think that Machida has adapted his style slightly more recently to be more aggressive. Neither fighter has ever really been hit hard, so it's hard to gauge their chins.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
IMO one more win for Machida over a scrub would make him more appealing.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, i think the reason i want to see jackson evans more, is because i really think machida is going to beat evans, and possibly jackson after that. then i wont care as much about jackson v evans, because they will have both just been beat. Does that make sense? I am being a wicked machida whore recently.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Has this fight been officially announced? I'm just not sold on Machida. Who else is there though?
Dudes 15-0 (or there bouts) and just smashed a guy that was 14-0, what exactly does he have to do to sell you??

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Record means ****. That argument is irrelevant. Yes, he beat Silva and in a convincing fashion. I can give a **** about everyone else he has beat and the Tito fight was total BS. Who has Silva beat himself?

I'm not sold based on his prior opponents.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Record means ****. That argument is irrelevant. Yes, he beat Silva and in a convincing fashion. I can give a **** about everyone else he has beat and the Tito fight was total BS. Who has Silva beat himself?

I'm not sold based on his prior opponents.
LOL, Take a few deep breaths man your getting a bit upset:laugh:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, i think the reason i want to see jackson evans more, is because i really think machida is going to beat evans, and possibly jackson after that. then i wont care as much about jackson v evans, because they will have both just been beat. Does that make sense? I am being a wicked machida whore recently.
I agree with you as well, only I don't like Machida. Nonetheless, same conclusion.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you as well, only I don't like Machida. Nonetheless, same conclusion.
i know he isnt the flashiest, but he seems to be working on it. he is like the 205lb kenny florian, except undefeated, but same type of mentality imo.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Machida is a matchup problem for everyone at 205, and IMO should 70% of the time beat Evans. However, Evans is tremendously athletic, and should make this a very tough matchup for Machida. All I know is I am anxious to see it.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Machida is a matchup problem for everyone at 205, and IMO should 70% of the time beat Evans. However, Evans is tremendously athletic, and should make this a very tough matchup for Machida. All I know is I am anxious to see it.
see, i agree, im also exited to see this fight. i understand the allure of page v evans but this one is going to be agood card i think.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know he isnt the flashiest, but he seems to be working on it. he is like the 205lb kenny florian, except undefeated, but same type of mentality imo.
Whether you like his style or not, you have to respect his talent (as frustrating as it may be). I don't hate the guy, I used to, but his latest fight really impressed me. He had a good mix of defensive and offensive, so at the very least, I respect his talent and I respect how difficult of an opponent he is to anyone he fights.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Evans more, but I'm leaning heavier on a Machida Victory and my opinion would remain the same if it were Machida/Rampage and Rampage is my boy. For either Rampage or Evans, you could theoretically put together a strategy to win. Machida just seems much more difficult to train for and I don't see Machida making fatal errors because he's SOOOO careful and SOOO evasive minded.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Whether you like his style or not, you have to respect his talent (as frustrating as it may be). I don't hate the guy, I used to, but his latest fight really impressed me. He had a good mix of defensive and offensive, so at the very least, I respect his talent and I respect how difficult of an opponent he is to anyone he fights.
I like Evans more, but I'm leaning heavier on a Machida Victory and my opinion would remain the same if it were Machida/Rampage and Rampage is my boy. For either Rampage or Evans, you could theoretically put together a strategy to win. Machida just seems much more difficult to train for and I don't see Machida making fatal errors because he's SOOOO careful and SOOO evasive minded.
I agree completely. Im not walking around wearing a machida t-shirt, but i respect the hell out of the guy. I dont even really want to see him get beat like i usually do with fighters like him. I like him i think.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree completely. Im not walking around wearing a machida t-shirt, but i respect the hell out of the guy. I dont even really want to see him get beat like i usually do with fighters like him. I like him i think.
Dedee, Have you got a man crush? :D

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Dedee, Have you got a man crush? :D
Oh No! I think i might! Wait, lets see, endlessly defending him, pointing out all the good things, none of the bad, picture of him in my wallet, right next to my condom, ARRRRGGG!! Damn you Machida, youve turned me gay!:rippedhand:

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh No! I think i might! Wait, lets see, endlessly defending him, pointing out all the good things, none of the bad, picture of him in my wallet, right next to my condom, ARRRRGGG!! Damn you Machida, youve turned me gay!:rippedhand:
Haha! Man if he knocks Sugars teeth in I will love him too!:laugh:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, I could see a frustrated Evans making a fatal error before machida does. He just seems to pick his opportunities better, and stays within his plan. If that means being defensive for 5 rounds so be it.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
itll still be a very good fight...but rampage deserved it more IMO

I disagree, machida desrves it just as much. I wasnt a fan until recently, I agree with rodja hes been more agressive latley.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man, Fcuk it. Put all three in there and see who comes out on top :D Now THAT'D be a big PPV :D
Suck my balls Sugar:burnout:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Man, Fcuk it. Put all three in there and see who comes out on top :D Now THAT'D be a big PPV :D
Suck my balls Sugar:burnout:
Lol lol. that would be sweet. Im waiting for that jaw of sugars to break.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I don't see machida comparing to Kenflo. Kenflo is seriously sick and he really attacks the **** out of people. His ground and stand up are both dangerous.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I don't see machida comparing to Kenflo. Kenflo is seriously sick and he really attacks the **** out of people. His ground and stand up are both dangerous.
I personally feel Evans is the dude to beat at the lightheavyweight division.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
man been a couple days since i been on here. im sure you guys missed me. anywho. heres my two cents. machida is evasive and careful. that doesnt mean rampage couldnt find a way around that. he has plenty of time off and hes going to train hard no matter what. id honestly say if he doesnt train correctly and he goes in the fight like he did with jardine. hes done. machida WILL beat him. on the other hand if he comes in focused and has the training and wind dialed in. i dont think hell have a problem. then again. he could always get his ass WHOOPED. =D

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I wasnt comparing him in style, just in popularity, in reference to deserving of more accolades than recieved. i think k flo is the sh!t. i do not think they fight the same, i will say again.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
If you are looking for more selection for the 205s I'd check out the UFC 97 coming up with the WEC 205 debuts. Steve Cantwell (was in the last Ult fight night) was the last title holder before they were all cut and given to the UFC. Brian Stann's a bit exciting for a stand up only fighter too.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I wasnt comparing him in style, just in popularity, in reference to deserving of more accolades than recieved. i think k flo is the sh!t. i do not think they fight the same, i will say again.
I kind of agree. I don't think there as many Kenflo haters as there are Machida haters. I think Kenflo isn't huge because he is a quiet dude. He doesn't have the physique that many men would be jealous of, he doesn't cause controversy, and he isn't much of a **** talker. But, he is every bit the badass he has proven to be in his last fights.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
If you are looking for more selection for the 205s I'd check out the UFC 97 coming up with the WEC 205 debuts. Steve Cantwell (was in the last Ult fight night) was the last title holder before they were all cut and given to the UFC. Brian Stann's a bit exciting for a stand up only fighter too.
Indeed.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I kind of agree. I don't think there as many Kenflo haters as there are Machida haters. I think Kenflo isn't huge because he is a quiet dude. He doesn't have the physique that many men would be jealous of, he doesn't cause controversy, and he isn't much of a **** talker. But, he is every bit the badass he has proven to be in his last fights.
yeah he is. i have liked that dude(no homo) for a long time. Tremendous work ethic.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
yeah he is. i have liked that dude(no homo) for a long time. Tremendous work ethic.

For a while after he fought sherk (would you agree) ken was the guy who would come out and you'd be like eh ok why not I'll watch till the next fight comes... and all of the sudden nearly 3 years later he's unbeaten!! WTF?!?

BradyJ15

Awards
I know Kenflo gets a bit of heat after beating Din Thomas I believe, and shouting 'I finish fights' despite Din Thomas messing up his knee during the fight.

That being said I like him, he is constantly improving and throws scary elbows.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
For a while after he fought sherk (would you agree) ken was the guy who would come out and you'd be like eh ok why not I'll watch till the next fight comes... and all of the sudden nearly 3 years later he's unbeaten!! WTF?!?
yeah i do agree, that dude is the rocks.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
oh this sucks big time! i really wanted to see rampage vs rashad.. but rashad vs machida will be good too.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
shi* yeah. would have been one of the best fights.