Tapout founder "Mask" dies in an auto accident

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Tapout founder "Mask" dies in an auto accident


    Sad day for MMA. This guy was a real entrepreneur back when MMA was brand new in the U.S.

    Tapout founder "Mask" killed in early morning auto accident | MMAjunkie.com


  2. RIP

    MASK
    •   
       


  3. He and the rest of the group have done a lot for up and coming fighters as well as the sport in general. Very tragic.

  4. I'm at a loss of words...RIP man. Thanks for all you have done.

  5. yeah man jsut read it, so sad rip man! he did awesome things
    •   
       


  6. It says he "lost control" of his ferrari early wednesday morning (in the MSN article), is that code for drunk/drugged driving?

  7. Am I really the only one that found this guy absurdly annoying? Sucks that he's dead though...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by aquanutz View Post
    Am I really the only one that found this guy absurdly annoying? Sucks that he's dead though...
    no you are not. but it does suck that he died for his friends and family though.

  9. yeah he was annoying but did great things and helped MMA . its a very sad thing i hope punkass and sky scrape are doing okay. i know punkass is prolly not. i hope they keep bangin out what they do(promote make clothes) he had a good heart

  10. can anyone explain to me how they "helped the sport"? I will give you a hundred dollars if it makes any sense at all. If anything they make it look retarded

  11. getting a strong clothing line out there and its hip and people find out more about MMA and more peopel start to train and the sport grows and star rise rather than jsut brazilians. also they got guys fights drove them there gave them confidence helped them out sponsored them. there show could be annoying but they were having a good time. i wouldnt hate on them or be so closed minded

  12. Before Tapout only brazilians fought? You learn something new every day.

    Driving and Racing does not mix very well.

  13. That's just sad.

  14. no you totally misunderstood what im saying. so many people didnt know anything about MMA till UFC started to rise now more and more peopel are fans. tapout helped UFC rise in america after then ban was lifted

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    no you totally misunderstood what im saying. so many people didnt know anything about MMA till UFC started to rise now more and more peopel are fans. tapout helped UFC rise in america after then ban was lifted
    no, no they didnt.

  16. The Tapout guys would travel the country and search out new talent. Guys that were new to competing and were unheard of yet. It's a known fact that the Tapout guys would "shine the light" on these no-name guys with talent who were new to the business. They would get them sponsored with either Tapout or other organizations. That obviously equals more money in those fighter's pockets. The Tapout guys would also offer to help train them and get them in gyms with some of the best fighters and trainers in the country. If thats not helping the sport, then what is??? Where's my $100?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
    The Tapout guys would travel the country and search out new talent. Guys that were new to competing and were unheard of yet. It's a known fact that the Tapout guys would "shine the light" on these no-name guys with talent who were new to the business. They would get them sponsored with either Tapout or other organizations. That obviously equals more money in those fighter's pockets. The Tapout guys would also offer to help train them and get them in gyms with some of the best fighters and trainers in the country. If thats not helping the sport, then what is??? Where's my $100?
    they also made the sport look like it was affiliated with people named Punk Ass and Mask and other retardness. They made money by riding on the coatails of an incredibly fast growing sport. It was gonna spread like wildfire with or without them.

  18. /\Pretty much.

  19. this is really irrelevent isnt it? the man is dead. we are not talking about don king here, so stop acting like they really helped, or really hurt the sport. Maybe you found them annoying maybe you dont. they made money and helped a couple guys out on the way. They are not unlike any other sport sponsor out there. But for gods sake, show some respect.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    this is really irrelevent isnt it? the man is dead. we are not talking about don king here, so stop acting like they really helped, or really hurt the sport. Maybe you found them annoying maybe you dont. they made money and helped a couple guys out on the way. They are not unlike any other sport sponsor out there. But for gods sake, show some respect.
    Fukin Ay.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    this is really irrelevent isnt it? the man is dead. we are not talking about don king here, so stop acting like they really helped, or really hurt the sport. Maybe you found them annoying maybe you dont. they made money and helped a couple guys out on the way. They are not unlike any other sport sponsor out there. But for gods sake, show some respect.
    is this thread a memorial or something. everybody quiet

  22. Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    is this thread a memorial or something. everybody quiet
    hilarious.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    hilarious.

    not trying to be funny, just speakin the truth

  24. and being a tool about it

  25. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    and being a tool about it
    so what is your point?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 7-keto in an oral solution
    By stoned_free in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 02:12 AM
  2. Ever wonder what 1500rwhp is like in an import?
    By Bean in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 05:15 PM
  3. How long will EQ last in an unpoked vile?
    By hardlyworkin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 08:15 AM
  4. Including Dbol in an M1T/4-AD cycle?
    By TheUsual in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Log in
Log in