Tapout founder "Mask" dies in an auto accident - AnabolicMinds.com

Tapout founder "Mask" dies in an auto accident

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

Tapout founder "Mask" dies in an auto accident

Sad day for MMA. This guy was a real entrepreneur back when MMA was brand new in the U.S.

Tapout founder "Mask" killed in early morning auto accident | MMAjunkie.com

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

RIP

MASK
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

He and the rest of the group have done a lot for up and coming fighters as well as the sport in general. Very tragic.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I'm at a loss of words...RIP man. Thanks for all you have done.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

yeah man jsut read it, so sad rip man! he did awesome things
  6. Senior Member

It says he "lost control" of his ferrari early wednesday morning (in the MSN article), is that code for drunk/drugged driving?
  7. New Member

Am I really the only one that found this guy absurdly annoying? Sucks that he's dead though...
  8. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aquanutz View Post
    Am I really the only one that found this guy absurdly annoying? Sucks that he's dead though...
    no you are not. but it does suck that he died for his friends and family though.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

yeah he was annoying but did great things and helped MMA . its a very sad thing i hope punkass and sky scrape are doing okay. i know punkass is prolly not. i hope they keep bangin out what they do(promote make clothes) he had a good heart
  10. Banned

can anyone explain to me how they "helped the sport"? I will give you a hundred dollars if it makes any sense at all. If anything they make it look retarded
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

getting a strong clothing line out there and its hip and people find out more about MMA and more peopel start to train and the sport grows and star rise rather than jsut brazilians. also they got guys fights drove them there gave them confidence helped them out sponsored them. there show could be annoying but they were having a good time. i wouldnt hate on them or be so closed minded
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Before Tapout only brazilians fought? You learn something new every day.

Driving and Racing does not mix very well.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

That's just sad.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

no you totally misunderstood what im saying. so many people didnt know anything about MMA till UFC started to rise now more and more peopel are fans. tapout helped UFC rise in america after then ban was lifted
  15. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    no you totally misunderstood what im saying. so many people didnt know anything about MMA till UFC started to rise now more and more peopel are fans. tapout helped UFC rise in america after then ban was lifted
    no, no they didnt.
  16. New Member

The Tapout guys would travel the country and search out new talent. Guys that were new to competing and were unheard of yet. It's a known fact that the Tapout guys would "shine the light" on these no-name guys with talent who were new to the business. They would get them sponsored with either Tapout or other organizations. That obviously equals more money in those fighter's pockets. The Tapout guys would also offer to help train them and get them in gyms with some of the best fighters and trainers in the country. If thats not helping the sport, then what is??? Where's my $100?
  17. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
    The Tapout guys would travel the country and search out new talent. Guys that were new to competing and were unheard of yet. It's a known fact that the Tapout guys would "shine the light" on these no-name guys with talent who were new to the business. They would get them sponsored with either Tapout or other organizations. That obviously equals more money in those fighter's pockets. The Tapout guys would also offer to help train them and get them in gyms with some of the best fighters and trainers in the country. If thats not helping the sport, then what is??? Where's my $100?
    they also made the sport look like it was affiliated with people named Punk Ass and Mask and other retardness. They made money by riding on the coatails of an incredibly fast growing sport. It was gonna spread like wildfire with or without them.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

/\Pretty much.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

this is really irrelevent isnt it? the man is dead. we are not talking about don king here, so stop acting like they really helped, or really hurt the sport. Maybe you found them annoying maybe you dont. they made money and helped a couple guys out on the way. They are not unlike any other sport sponsor out there. But for gods sake, show some respect.
  20. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    this is really irrelevent isnt it? the man is dead. we are not talking about don king here, so stop acting like they really helped, or really hurt the sport. Maybe you found them annoying maybe you dont. they made money and helped a couple guys out on the way. They are not unlike any other sport sponsor out there. But for gods sake, show some respect.
    Fukin Ay.
  21. Banned

is this thread a memorial or something. everybody quiet
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    is this thread a memorial or something. everybody quiet
    hilarious.
  23. Banned

hilarious.

not trying to be funny, just speakin the truth
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

and being a tool about it
  25. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    and being a tool about it
    so what is your point?
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

speaking the truth? truth according to who?

Character assasination of the recently deceased= arrogance at monumental levels. People love to hate on others, it makes them feel better about themselves. if you wanna bash the guy and question his place in mma history, give it a week at least.
  27. Banned

speaking the truth? truth according to who?

Character assasination of the recently deceased= arrogance at monumental levels. People love to hate on others, it makes them feel better about themselves. if you wanna bash the guy and question his place in mma history, give it a week at least.
    charactar assasination? seriously?

a week from death or a week from today?
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Thumbs down

all im pretty much saying is the guy, and his crew did in fact perpetuate the fan base of the UFC, which is what also made mma a household name along with TUF. It is a fact. Im sure that Dana White would agree. And please dont try to argue that mma was popular before the UFC. Ive been watching mma for a long, long time, before UFC 1. Whether or not you thought they were "retarded" as you so eloquently put it, is irrelevent. It is just basic, human decency, not to talk like that about another person after they just died a horrific death. Decency? Heard of it?
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

ya people are too closed minded. he did a hell of a job. dont be a ****.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

You may think he didn't do much for the sport, that he was riding something that was growing to make profit, and all else.

But they did make part in the sport. They did help out some fighters. As to my understanding none of them were *******s, so how is his death not something to be taken serious?

I mean, you may not be a fan of the guy, but that doesn't change the fact that he was someone who did make part of UFC and who is no longer among us. I'm not a big fan of many fighters or characters in the UFC, doesn't mean I won't feel bad to see someone go before their time.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

yeah maybe you didnt watch enough. ignore the little games they did on the show and the "hero" clothes. he did a lot and has contributed to the growth of the sport no question about it
  32. New Member

I'm glad some of you guys here get it. Decency, some people have it, and some people don't. We can argue till we are blue in the face about our opinions on what we think he did for the sport. The fact remains is that he was a good person with a kind heart. And to talk all this trash about a good person who just died in a horrific accident is very distasteful.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

I don't remember reading anyone talking about him being a bad person, or having an ill heart. I do, however, remember people discussing whether he was good for the sport or not.

People have to keep in mind that he wasn't just a promoter and he wasn't just tap out. And, nobody here knew whether he was a good man or not. Unless you happen to be party of his family, you won't ever know. And even then, it's all subjective.

The point is, I doubt anyone here wished he would die or are even happy it happened.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I don't remember reading anyone talking about him being a bad person, or having an ill heart. I do, however, remember people discussing whether he was good for the sport or not.

People have to keep in mind that he wasn't just a promoter and he wasn't just tap out. And, nobody here knew whether he was a good man or not. Unless you happen to be party of his family, you won't ever know. And even then, it's all subjective.

The point is, I doubt anyone here wished he would die or are even happy it happened.
    I just think it is rather obvious that he helped the sport. Arguing that he made it look "retarded " by association, is a bit extreme. the guy did pick up fighters around the country and help them out, supply workout gear and things of that nature. Im not petitioning him for sainthood or anything, because your right, i didnt know him. He definatly did more harm than good, i think most people associated with mma would probably agree.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.

yeah some people are just *******s and im sure they would never say it to his face.
  36. Banned

you are right i would not say it to his face, he is dead.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

I just think it is rather obvious that he helped the sport. Arguing that he made it look "retarded " by association, is a bit extreme. the guy did pick up fighters around the country and help them out, supply workout gear and things of that nature. Im not petitioning him for sainthood or anything, because your right, i didnt know him. He definatly did more harm than good, i think most people associated with mma would probably agree.
    I won't attempt to debate on the matter of him helping out the sport or not. For the simple fact that it is not an argument of fact. It is an argument of subjective conclusions and emotional points.

You are entitled to feel that he did good for the sport just as much as the next guy is entitled to feel that he was bad for the sport. These are just opinions and it's natural for people to have opposing views. Unfortunately, everyone is only going to know him for what put him in the limelight (tapout) and that is going to be their only perspective on him. It's okay to feel that he was a great MMA promoter, and it is also okay to feel that he was an entrepreneur that pimped MMA to make himself money. Neither point is more respectful than the other.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I won't attempt to debate on the matter of him helping out the sport or not. For the simple fact that it is not an argument of fact. It is an argument of subjective conclusions and emotional points.

You are entitled to feel that he did good for the sport just as much as the next guy is entitled to feel that he was bad for the sport. These are just opinions and it's natural for people to have opposing views. Unfortunately, everyone is only going to know him for what put him in the limelight (tapout) and that is going to be their only perspective on him. It's okay to feel that he was a great MMA promoter, and it is also okay to feel that he was an entrepreneur that pimped MMA to make himself money. Neither point is more respectful than the other.
    absolutely. i respect either opinion on it. I think you make your point in a respectfull manner, unlike others, who come across like total asses.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Perhaps they lack the ability communicate like intelligible beings.
  40. Banned

its not like I went to his funeral and said this. its not like Nelson Mandela just died. It was some guy that walked around wearing face paint and called himself mask. it sucks if anyone dies but for god sakes some people in here are acting like vaginas in my opionion.

if this was supposed to be a shrine page I would not have come in here and given my truthful opinion. i will go ahead and ad my generic hommage post now.

R.I.P. man. you will be missed by the MMA community man.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Founder of Tapout clothing - Died in Crash.
    By Stangtuner in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 05:21 PM
  2. tapout and mask
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 12:44 PM
  4. "Ole Dirty Bastard" Collapses & Dies
    By TheChosen1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0