Negs for Spoilers!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BE WARNED!

I'm going to start negging guys that create threads with spoilers in the title. There's no reason that you can't start a thread entitled, "Jackson vs Jardine: Post Fight Discussion" or "Jackson v Rampage: SPOILER"...or even just "Jackson v Rampage" and I will simply not click on that thread!

It pisses me off when I hit the "New Posts" button and ****ing threads with spoilers for titles pop up!
:rant::rant::rant:
/Rant

Does anybody else agree with me or do I need to chill out?

If anybody agrees with me, what would be a reasonable amount of time before posting these type of spoilers in the titles without receiving negs, one week?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I still haven't watched this weekend's fights b/c because of spoilers...wah wah...lol.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I concur.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to remember to bump this before each big card...

...there's always one, lol :frustrate

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
spoiler alert : hasslehoff takes them all down with a TKO in round 4

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Agreed, but I have a feeling some stupid kid is going to do the same thing everytime it comes back around. :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This didn't seem to be a problem until recently...not sure why that is :think:

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you don't want to know what is going on in MMA, why would you come to an MMA forum?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Because MMA is not just UFC and its last event?

Because out of the probably 10 topics with new daily posts, only 1 or 2 are actually related to the last UFC bout?

And mainly, because there is no reason a topic shuold be opened with a headline that spoils a fight someone hasnt seen. There is no reason why a topic should be named: "What did you guys think about Hughes win over Serra?" rather than "Hughes x Serra post fight discussion".

Catch my drift?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not only that, but I utilize the button at the top right of the screen that says, "New Posts." I do avoid the MMA forum if I haven't watched a card yet, but I can't help what pops up in new posts. I don't know what's so hard about not posting a spoiler in the title of a thread...

This was never an issue until the past six months to a year.

Oh, and Bla, I didn't know who won that one yet either, lol.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah I totally agree with it and I don't post spoilers but I also know that if I go to an MMA forum then I am taking a risk. Most people know what is ethical in these forums but not everybody.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I belong to a private MMA forum and posting spoilers is a huge no-no :nono:

The first offense is usually a warning, but the ban stick comes out after that!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you. It's just a dumba$$ thing to do and I don't even think there should be a warning.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't usually watch the card until later in the week. Fortunately, I already watched last night's fights before signing in today...