Now that rampage has won. rampage vs rashad?

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
who do you think is honestly going to win this match? its one for the ages both good technical boxers with heavy hands. im still behind rampage. just wondering everyone elses opinion?:type:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will say Rashad will control it, and take a UD

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Any links to the fight?..;)
slick.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
i dont think rashad will control it to be honest. hes more laid back. so is jackson. im not really sure whats gonna happen. im sure they will both come out bangin though so.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rashad

hitsquaddd

hitsquaddd

Awards
I think that Rashad is a more skillful/technically sound boxer. His ground and pound is great too. Not to say Rampage's isn't. I think his hands are alot faster and deliver more power then Rampage, but Rampage has a better takedown/takedown defense. Rampage has shown more BJJ skills then Evans, but I don't see Rampage taking him to the ground (durh). I say Rashad wins via TKO.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think Rashad is scared or anyone of them is scared. I think Rashad is the better fighter at this point in their careers, and only think Machida offers matchup problems for Rashad. Dont see too many at 205 who will beat Rashad. His standup is greatly improved, and when all else fails he is a great wreslter with decent gnp.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, I think Evans will win. But I will be praying/hoping/wishing Rampage sends Evans to the mat with an insane blow.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
I think that Rashad is a more skillful/technically sound boxer. His ground and pound is great too. Not to say Rampage's isn't. I think his hands are alot faster and deliver more power then Rampage, but Rampage has a better takedown/takedown defense. Rampage has shown more BJJ skills then Evans, but I don't see Rampage taking him to the ground (durh). I say Rashad wins via TKO.
you know im not really sure what your guys reasoning is behind why you guys thikn rashad can knock out rampage. HES ONLY BEEN KNOCKED OUT 2 TIMES IN HIS WHOLE CAREER. his chin is made of ****ing steel. no one has even tested evans chin. and i promise you rampage will.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
dude. ive been reading that rashad is going to give him a free hit. if he does that his heads gone. he will be knocked out. you guys are doubting one of the best in the 205 division because of his performance with jardine. its hard to hit someone when they are dodging and ducking. anyway i stand firmly in my placement saying that its going to be one hell of a fight and it wont go the distance. im still saying rampage by knockout.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
supposedly there is a good chance rampage isnt taking the fight on only 2 months. It looks like it will be Machida

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
supposedly there is a good chance rampage isnt taking the fight on only 2 months. It looks like it will be Machida
ya. i wouldnt if i was him. get some rest then fight machida when he wins the title. cause im sure thats what would happen hed be in the next slot to title fight. But who knows. they should have thrown the gsp fight in may instead of moving rampages fight up.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
If Evans gives Rampage a free shot, he will be the dumbest fighter ever.

That's like starting out in Anderson's clinch or Aoki on mount.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
ya. i wouldnt if i was him. get some rest then fight machida when he wins the title. cause im sure thats what would happen hed be in the next slot to title fight. But who knows. they should have thrown the gsp fight in may instead of moving rampages fight up.
Machida will take the win for sure. Rampage better get some cardio in for that one. I would have liked to see GSP fight sooner than later too but it does make for a possible ultimate UFC 100. Two title belts on the line? Insane!

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
if you type in rampage vs rashad on youtube you can hear rashad saying ill put my hands down and take what you got. rampage replies with oh dont say that rashad. cause he knows.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
That trash talking was worth the 45$ alone.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is how I break it down:
KO Power-Rashad
Technical striking-Rampage
Takedowns/Defense-Rampage
Camp-Rashad
GnP-Push
Subs-Push
Cardio-Rashad
Chin-Rampage
Improvement Curve-Rashad

Who do I think wins? If it's at 98, then Rashad, but a later date, I give it to Rampage.

Bendiesel

Bendiesel

Awards
rampage does need to heal and i almost agree with rodja on the break down. except i believe rampages ko power is a little greater. but if what rampage is saying is true. then i think hell be a ok on 98. hes saying hes going to be 100 times better than the jardine fight. and he did mention overtraining. im not saying that i dislike rashad. i dont not the least bit. very very good fighter. i just happen to think rampage is a better fighter overall.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
we all know you love rampage hahaha. and i think rampage isnt fighting dude

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Here is how I break it down:
KO Power-Rashad
Technical striking-Rampage
Takedowns/Defense-Rampage
Camp-Rashad
GnP-Push
Subs-Push
Cardio-Rashad
Chin-Rampage
Improvement Curve-Rashad

Who do I think wins? If it's at 98, then Rashad, but a later date, I give it to Rampage.
On paper, I would give the edge to Rampage. Looking at it logically, though, I believe Rashad will win by TKO.

I'd say a tie in takedown defense and KO power, though. ^

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On paper, I would give the edge to Rampage. Looking at it logically, though, I believe Rashad will win by TKO.

I'd say a tie in takedown defense and KO power, though. ^
Rampage stopped Kevin Randleman's TD's (2x D-1 champ), while Rashad has been taken down by Bisping and Salmon. Rampage's power comes from counters (e.g. Chuck, Wand III), while Rashad's power comes from his attacks and he has KO'd some people ugly recently.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
well said rodja you are my hero. you should be a lawyer some day cuz you sold me

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
One thing I don't agree too much is the rush to put Rampage back in the tittle shot.

He's a great fighter, but there are other great fighters in the division. They should give some other guys a tittle shot, most notably, Mashida. Maybe let Rampage have a real battle with someone else before tittle shot, let's say, Page x Griffin 2? Why not? Winner moves on.

Rampage is only 2 fights away from the tittle loss, and lets be honest here, Wanderlei (as much as I love the guy...) hasn't been dominant and is far from the threat he used to be back in Pride days, and is not one of the top contenders anymore, and neither is Jardine. So I'm very much against piggybacking Mashida and giving Page another tittle shot prior.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
dude...machida is fighting rashad NOT rampage. rampage turned it down due to rest and recover, minor injury. And he definatly does need a title shot. griffin doesnt deserve a title shot until he beats a guy or 2. griffin needs to fight chuck if chuck beats shogun.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
dude...machida is fighting rashad NOT rampage. rampage turned it down due to rest and recover, minor injury. And he definatly does need a title shot. griffin doesnt deserve a title shot until he beats a guy or 2. griffin needs to fight chuck if chuck beats shogun.
I am aware of the fight card being Machida x Rashad.

My problem is exactly that, that Page had to TURN IT DOWN in order for Machida to get the shot. I don't understand how someone who's not lost in god knows how long doesn't get a first shot at this, and has to rely upon Page being hurt to get the tittle shot.

So I don't get why Page at first piggybacked Machida at a tittle shot even though he lost not too long ago and only fought a couple of so so fighters.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Because Page never ****ing lost. That's why.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I thought Forrest Griffin was the one holding the belt when he fought Rashad... My mistake.

And on the other hand, I also thought that Machida is 14-0 in his MMA career. Now he ACTUALLY never lost. No one needs to argue he was robbed by decision against Griffin or anything. He IS unbeaten.

So one has never lost. One lost 2 fights ago, and you have to argue and try to make a point for him that he was robbed in the decision (which I seriously disagree). And it's just fine to put Page back up? Why, because he sells more tickets for UFC and is more popular? Ok...

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
people who just lost the belt usually get a chance faster. also forrest too kthe belt from jackson and rashad took the belt from forrest. stop arguing about it jackson beat wandy and jardine who are better than thiago and ortiz. machida is great dont get me wrong he could beat all these guys. UFC is looking for a slugfest. it was a close decision but they gave it to page to fight and he didnt take it. people shouldnt be that mad machida would be the first to fight for it anyways and has jsut as good of a chance to beat rashad as he does page. these starts are fighting more often so it wont be waiting that long before another shot.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I thought Forrest Griffin was the one holding the belt when he fought Rashad... My mistake.

And on the other hand, I also thought that Machida is 14-0 in his MMA career. Now he ACTUALLY never lost. No one needs to argue he was robbed by decision against Griffin or anything. He IS unbeaten.

So one has never lost. One lost 2 fights ago, and you have to argue and try to make a point for him that he was robbed in the decision (which I seriously disagree). And it's just fine to put Page back up? Why, because he sells more tickets for UFC and is more popular? Ok...
Yes, he was holding Rampage's belt.

Yes Machida is 14-0 against weak ass contenders minus his last fight.

I'll tell you why. Because Rampage never lost, period. It doesn't matter whether you agree or not. Rampage is also higher in the rankings, and HAS been ahead of Machida for months. It is fine to put Rampage back up because he deserves it, period. And, because I like him. :)

I can go beat 3 ten year old asses, it doesn't give me the credibility to call myself a champion. Let Machida fight another name, and then he can deserve a title shot.

Being undefeated is so overrated. None of the best P4P fighters are undefeated, that should tell you something.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
WORD!

hes great and will get even better and do great things but he needs to fight more. tito sucks balls now so he only beat number 10 ranked guy i think. im not counting him out or anything or bashing on him because the UFC sorta screws him but it shouldnt be a big deal that he was behind page.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'll tell you why. Because Rampage never lost, period. It doesn't matter whether you agree or not. Rampage is also higher in the rankings, and HAS been ahead of Machida for months. It is fine to put Rampage back up because he deserves it, period. And, because I like him. :)
Now that's exactly where you're mistaken... Machida has been higher than Page for some time now, and still is. He was ranked ahead of Page when he was given the oportunity to fight again for the tittle.

And for you to say that Rashad is holding Pages belt... Well, it's actually Griffin's belt, seeing he beat Page to get it and he was the last one holding it. Hence why Griffin is actually also ranked ahead of Page...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8364&zoneid=1

Rashad
Machida
Griffn
and only then, Rampage.

And it has been like that for some time now. So it's not quite as either A) he's holding pages belt B) Page is ranked higher than Machida C) Paga has never lost.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Alas, I concede about the rankings. There is no arguing there, but you know those rankings are pretty questionable and up for debate.

I remember seeing Rampage at #2 about a month or so ago. He just won, so I have no clue how he could have gone all the way to #4 and how Griffin is ahead of him. The fact is Griffin got a shitty decision against Rampage. And, even if you think Griffin won you have to agree that it was by a slim margin. However, Griffin got DESTROYED and should have a lower ranking for that.

I never said Page has NEVER lost. I simply stated he hasn't lost in a long time and his Griffin loss was garbage. And still, you can't prove Machida has proven himself against noteable competition which Rampage has time and time again.

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
I would say that it has been awhile sense Rampage had a good win, and as far as the Griffin Rampage fight, Rampage simply gave that one away he looked like crap and fought like crap (I am a Rampage fan btw) I am happy with the way things worked out Evans vs. Machida will be a good fight then Rampage gets a shot at the winner down the road.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was a very classy thread. People were able to disagree and not take it to a personal bashing fest, special kudos to Blah55 and Emerge.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Machida deserves a shot based on several factors:
1. He has beaten everyone that has been put in front of him...decisively.
2. It is the logical match-up at this moment (it would be about 3-4 months before Page will be ready).
3. His momentum is very high at this moment after beating Tito and KO'ing Thiago.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A Rashad/Machida is a very non-stressful match up for me. I like them both, but not one over the other. Rampage on the other hand, I'd be nervous, because I'd really want him to win.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'm pulling for Machida on this one. Just because it'll be fun seeing how he reacts to other fights who are put in front of him.

I think Rashad is going to fall at his trap. He's going to back off and just catch him with a counter I think. Rashad is very anxious to get his wins and will stalk Machida. At least that's the way I feel about it.

And then I'll be even more excited to see Page x Machida, as I feel their styles also colide and will provide a very interesting matchup. I think that if Machida can win this belt on this fight he may very well be able to hold it for a little while.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah page vs. machida i wouldnt care i like both of them. i just want rashad to lose even tho hes good im still mad he K.O.ed chuck back to the 90's. they both deserve a shot no matter what it was just a little strange how they decided. Page did the right thing.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pulling for Machida on this one. Just because it'll be fun seeing how he reacts to other fights who are put in front of him.

I think Rashad is going to fall at his trap. He's going to back off and just catch him with a counter I think. Rashad is very anxious to get his wins and will stalk Machida. At least that's the way I feel about it.

And then I'll be even more excited to see Page x Machida, as I feel their styles also colide and will provide a very interesting matchup. I think that if Machida can win this belt on this fight he may very well be able to hold it for a little while.
Unfortunately, I agree.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I hope Evans loses only because I cannot stand someone who acts like he did against Griffin. Grabbing his crotch when he took a shot. I don't mind cockiness, but to me that was just unsportsmanlike. I know it happens, but I still don't like it. But the kid is good. I can't take that from him.