Couture Vs Nogueira at UFC 101

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one that doesnt give a damn? They are both such nice guys and also coming off of losses and both old. I actually more than dont care, I don't even want it.

jambarino

jambarino

Awards
a weak follow up to probably the biggest event in mma and ufc history which is ufc 100.it cant be any worse than shogun and mark coleman though.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Couture didn't look bad against lesnar at all.

I actually am interested in this.

johnnyjuice

johnnyjuice

Awards
  • Established
who cares about Couture! LESNAR IS THE REAL DEAL!!

M15

M15

Awards
I'm semi interested in this. Only to see if Nog has anything left in the gas tank. I was very confident that he would beat couture, but then he had that showing against Mir. I'm pulling for Nog big time, but I don't really see how he wins this fight.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one that doesnt give a damn? They are both such nice guys and also coming off of losses and both old. I actually more than dont care, I don't even want it.
Nog is 32. 1 year older than Lesnar.

Anabolic Monkey

Awards
Nog is 32. 1 year older than Lesnar.
Yea my dads almost 50 and looks younger than Nog. With Nogueira its def. going to be the mileage that takes him out the cage not age. All of those beatings Nogueira took while waiting for a submission is taking a toll on him.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
who cares about Couture! LESNAR IS THE REAL DEAL!!
Are you for real? He's a side show period. You take 30-40 pound off him and he isnt Sh1t. He's an absolute joke. Mir will beat him AGAIN,Kongo could smash him, Gonzaga too, and Fedor would BURY him. He's just big, and he's nothing without that.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
thats a poor thing to say. you could say take away his jujitsu and hes nothing or take away his right hand. thats jsut what he uses. but yeah i dont think it will be all that great. i say it will be a decision and somewhat of a war

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Are you for real? He's a side show period. You take 30-40 pound off him and he isnt Sh1t. He's an absolute joke. Mir will beat him AGAIN,Kongo could smash him, Gonzaga too, and Fedor would BURY him. He's just big, and he's nothing without that.
Fedor is the cats balls!! He would destroy lesnar. lesnar has no class. after he beat herring, he was doin that lasso move, running around the ring like an idiot. No sportsmanship. classless. Mir looks awesome.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats a poor thing to say. you could say take away his jujitsu and hes nothing or take away his right hand. thats jsut what he uses. but yeah i dont think it will be all that great. i say it will be a decision and somewhat of a war
Thats completely different. To say take away his right hand or his jujitsu etc is a SKILL they have. thats something they have developed and honed. He is Just a massive dude. Take that away and he'd get his face pulped to hamburger pattie by just bout any of the HW division. I only mentioned him cause the other guy said he's the "real deal"... say what? He's beaten Crazy horse, and a 44 year old couture. Please.....he's so far from being the real deal or a rounded fighter it isnt even funny.

but hey this is bout Nog and Couture anyway, in regards to that I am lukewarm. Poor Nog, that head has taken so much serious punishment, he is gonna end up like Ali.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fedor is the cats balls!! He would destroy lesnar. lesnar has no class. after he beat herring, he was doin that lasso move, running around the ring like an idiot. No sportsmanship. classless. Mir looks awesome.

Ahhhh, good to see a man that can see past his pysyichal size. guys a joke. Fedor would DESTROY that big ape.
Cant stand that he is even in UFC. And your right bout Mir, how sharp was he looking against Nog. I hope he breaks Lesnars arm so bad his career is finished!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhh, good to see a man that can see past his pysyichal size. guys a joke. Fedor would DESTROY that big ape.
Cant stand that he is even in UFC. And your right bout Mir, how sharp was he looking against Nog. I hope he breaks Lesnars arm so bad his career is finished!
thats how he got his black belt, buy shattering sylvias forearm. I cant stand lesnar. You want to see a real, classy, indestructable dude, anderson silva is your man. mir looks better every fight, if he never had that accident.....

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established

Lesnar was giving Herring back what he was dishing out prior to the fight.

Mir looked good because he was fighting a heavy bag that wasn't moving.
I personally do not like Nog & feel he is washed up but I read a quote from him that he suffered an injury and could not train properly.

Lucky.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I think he knows a little wrestling from what I've heard, he also can throw a punch or two that knocks people down and he is pretty athletic for a guy his size. That's not exactly a total joke as you say. But I agree he has yet to prove himself completely and alot to learn. But boy, he seems to be a fast learner. I for one, want to see him excell.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think he knows a little wrestling from what I've heard, he also can throw a punch or two that knocks people down and he is pretty athletic for a guy his size. That's not exactly a total joke as you say. But I agree he has yet to prove himself completely and alot to learn. But boy, he seems to be a fast learner. I for one, want to see him excell.
Yeah your right man, I exaggerated a bit. i just dont rate him without that size. I have much more respect for the Silva, GSP's etc. they are total machines with unbelievable skill and training.
Your right he is athletic for his size too. My contention is simply this: knock 30 pound off his weight and he would be nothing. I prefer people that win through skill and heart as apose to them that were genetically gifted.

PS not to be a Jerk off, but he has only knocked one dude with Punches that was randy. He pounded on Texas for three rounds! and them punches are only big cause he is! damn it, im just a Lesnar hater! Gets a free pass and a red carpet rolled out to the belt, all because he was known to the public, meanwhile MUCH better fighters have to do it far tougher.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOL I its funny how much people hate lesnar. Nobody is going to be a ufc champ without skill. Bob sapp is well over 300lbs and gets his ass kicked anytime he fights. I'd like to see someone juice up to 285lbs and fight a ufc fighter. Your size won't do sh!t for you. He made a rookey mistake against mir but I think mir has no chance this time. I'd like to see him fight gonzaga or fedor though.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah your right man, I exaggerated a bit. i just dont rate him without that size. I have much more respect for the Silva, GSP's etc. they are total machines with unbelievable skill and training.
Your right he is athletic for his size too. My contention is simply this: knock 30 pound off his weight and he would be nothing. I prefer people that win through skill and heart as apose to them that were genetically gifted.

PS not to be a Jerk off, but he has only knocked one dude with Punches that was randy. He pounded on Texas for three rounds! and them punches are only big cause he is! damn it, im just a Lesnar hater! Gets a free pass and a red carpet rolled out to the belt, all because he was known to the public, meanwhile MUCH better fighters have to do it far tougher.
thats excactly it. dude had like 2 fights then fought for the belt, and, let me tell you, if he fought randy in his prime, it would have been a F!!ckin massacre, with randy doin the killin.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i think is lesner didnt do fake wrestling before you would have a lot more respect for someone. that guy works freaking hard why would you take that way fro mhim? he might get destroyed by fedor but hes way better than most people. he hasnt been in the game that long and hes owned his 3 opponents. mir was messed up even with out the hits to the back of the head. im not saying hes the best or anything but i think hes very good and i think its good that hes only ranked like #10 HW but he will prolly jumpa couple spots if he wins his next.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
i think is lesner didnt do fake wrestling before you would have a lot more respect for someone. that guy works freaking hard why would you take that way fro mhim? he might get destroyed by fedor but hes way better than most people. he hasnt been in the game that long and hes owned his 3 opponents. mir was messed up even with out the hits to the back of the head. im not saying hes the best or anything but i think hes very good and i think its good that hes only ranked like #10 HW but he will prolly jumpa couple spots if he wins his next.
I am hatin' a little bit. I stick to my theory that he gets beat, and very soon.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am hatin' a little bit. I stick to my theory that he gets beat, and very soon.
Same dude, Of course no one in UFC is sh1t compared to normal guys, but he had red carpet rolled out plain and simple. Just because of his public status, and ability to sell tickets. Gonzaga, Kongo, Mir, Fedor etc the list goes on of HW's that could smash his face to hamburger. 2 fights in the UFC then a belt shot??? What a crock of sh1t. Slap in the face for all the real HW'S out there doing it the tough way.
How frustrating it must be for the guys out there busting hump day in day out, slowly working their way up, step by painful step, just to see a shaved Gorilla jump the que on the back of some public noteriety.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
kongo has great strikes and strength but is **** on ground gonzaga loses also they could all beateachother. i think mir could beat his again out box him then get him down hurt. fedor would prolly workhim and submit him easy. i am jsut saying lesner is up there but i wouldnt say top 5. yeah dana wanted a big beast champ to take out old randy and he got that done.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
kongo has great strikes and strength but is **** on ground gonzaga loses also they could all beateachother. i think mir could beat his again out box him then get him down hurt. fedor would prolly workhim and submit him easy. i am jsut saying lesner is up there but i wouldnt say top 5. yeah dana wanted a big beast champ to take out old randy and he got that done.
Yeah he has something to offer, but just like you said he's not top five but he has the belt via a match against a 44 year old?? While the rest of them slug their guts out to get to top? Just doesnt seem fair to me. Should NEVER be easy roads to titles, it just cheapens them.
But your right Whiteguy, I just go over the top cause I hate Lesnar :D

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
his celebration after beating the crazy horse was so stupid. and yeah hes a ugly fock but if you wanna talk about people getting screwed thats chieck kongo. hes good got lazy and lost. are we ever going to see fedor in the ufc or did dana screw that one up

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
his celebration after beating the crazy horse was so stupid. and yeah hes a ugly fock but if you wanna talk about people getting screwed thats chieck kongo. hes good got lazy and lost. are we ever going to see fedor in the ufc or did dana screw that one up
We can only hope, Fedor is truly in a class of his own.
Kongo's looking good dude, reckon I seen him win his last 3? He is one powerful looking unit that guy

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
dana is o the hunt for a new poster boy. It was tito for awhile, then chuck. chuck was awesome, but tito was a fu!!in joke. The fact that lesnar even got a shot speaks volumes to where the ufc will eventually be headed. Boxing here we come. Next thing you know don f!!kin king will be fixin fights. lol. That might be a bit overboard!

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
We can only hope, Fedor is truly in a class of his own.
Kongo's looking good dude, reckon I seen him win his last 3? He is one powerful looking unit that guy
If Kongo doesn't improve his ground game he belongs in K1.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
see the fact that this thread almost mentions nothing about Nog or Couture solidifies the idea that nobody cares about this fight.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
for sure. i dont care that much i would like to see it. i just think this fight will hurt them. big nog will prolly work standup a lot to get ready

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
dont get me wrong, i love randy. guys a f!!kin machine, classy as hell, and was a trmendous champ. time waits for no man tho, and he needs to hang it up. imho.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
for sure he does. he had his glory coming back he shouldnt have faught a fat ass liek lesner. big nog has got to find a new strat besdies get pounded and submit hes such a OLD young guy

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
for sure he does. he had his glory coming back he shouldnt have faught a fat ass liek lesner. big nog has got to find a new strat besdies get pounded and submit hes such a OLD young guy
yeah no doubt, im not a fan of his anyway. he got skills but the only reason he gets so much props is because of his weight. ther are not that many real stand out bjj heavyweights out there. mir is amazingly agile at his weight.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm of the same opinion. Mir is back and gunning for his belt. Kongo is poorly used by Dana. He needs some real fights. And the only reason why Randy C couldn't beat Lesnar is because he hadn't had a real fight in almost a year. I'm not counting out Randy yet but I think he needs to get his fire back. Maybe Nogueira will be a good come back.
Personally I would liked to have seen Lesnar fight a few more people before Dana gave him a title shot which is bull shi*. Everyone in the light weight division have to sit with their di**s in their hands and wait while BJ goes and fights above his weight class and nobody gets a shot for over a year.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
seriously they should get the heavyweight going faster more title shots. im sick of this.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
They need to give Lesnar time to train against a BJJ player like Mir. They want him as prepared as possible. Lesnar seems to be the next big name for the UFC.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he will prepair for it. he has the money and motivation. hes prolly 2 years away from being real good if that hard head trains good.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
he will prepair for it. he has the money and motivation. hes prolly 2 years away from being real good if that hard head trains good.
the building blocks are there. anyone can be knocked out, i dont care how thick your neck is.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
dude i fuking hate the shape of his head and hair. when he loses his belt i want cain valascez or shanecarwin to beat him.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
dude i fuking hate the shape of his head and hair. when he loses his belt i want cain valascez or shanecarwin to beat him.
That sounds like a likely scenario, either one of them. i like shane carwin.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Shane's pretty huge... They're both about the same weight and height but Shane doesn't appear to have hit the hometown buffets as much.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hahaha cain will be great if he keeps this up he needs 4-6 more fights and will be a star IMO. Carwin wow man ****ing beast. body building status

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats completely different. To say take away his right hand or his jujitsu etc is a SKILL they have. thats something they have developed and honed. He is Just a massive dude. Take that away and he'd get his face pulped to hamburger pattie by just bout any of the HW division. I only mentioned him cause the other guy said he's the "real deal"... say what? He's beaten Crazy horse, and a 44 year old couture. Please.....he's so far from being the real deal or a rounded fighter it isnt even funny.

but hey this is bout Nog and Couture anyway, in regards to that I am lukewarm. Poor Nog, that head has taken so much serious punishment, he is gonna end up like Ali.
Lesnar was a College, Division I Wrestling Heavy Weight Champion. Many people in the UFC have wrestling backgrounds, but not a Division One Championship in their resume. A legitimate wrestling background isn't simply one of Brock's foundations, he was the best of the best at his skill. If you take away his weight, you'd have a middle weight College Division I Wrestling Champion. Your "NO SKILL" argument is superbly ignorant.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah i agree volcome he has great skills. people bash him to much because they dont like what he has done. he should of had atleast 2 more fights before a title shot but still hes done good without training much. he will be something good in the future.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
yeah i agree volcome he has great skills. people bash him to much because they dont like what he has done. he should of had atleast 2 more fights before a title shot but still hes done good without training much. he will be something good in the future.
Honestly I was starting to like the idea that he'd be great against Fedor with more preparation. Not beat maybe but great... But damn it Frank M has such a cool attitude and a great come back story not to mention he's a stud in martial arts, so I'm hoping like hell that Brock doesn't win. But its without a doubt that he'll be here for a long time and unfortunately we haven't even seen the best Brock yet.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
mir is cool but cheesy but yeah ive been gaining more respect for him i guess hes pretty smart dude, not a bad on WEC either. yeah we havnt seen what lesner can do because he lacks exp. i wanna see lesner take a shot so bad.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Just say a vid of Mir at the Arnold shooting his mouth off how he doesn't have enough time to train due to his surgery. I know Lesnar is arrogant too but somehow I just hate Mir more. I want Lesnar to beat his face into more of a pulp this time....win or lose. But that's just me. I prefer Lesnar to Mir.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
they are both annoying. and yeah they pushed it to UFC 100 i think so UFC 100 is going to be HUGE! everyones going to buy that one

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I know it was still in the rumor phase but did they move GSP and T.Alves to 99 or 101? mmajunkie was saying GSP was head of that card...

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Holly F*** mmajunkie is saying Mir/Lesnar AND GSP/T. Alves for 100.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
everyones gonig to buy 100 man!!!!!!