Couture Vs Nogueira at UFC 101

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. for sure he does. he had his glory coming back he shouldnt have faught a fat ass liek lesner. big nog has got to find a new strat besdies get pounded and submit hes such a OLD young guy


  2. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    for sure he does. he had his glory coming back he shouldnt have faught a fat ass liek lesner. big nog has got to find a new strat besdies get pounded and submit hes such a OLD young guy
    yeah no doubt, im not a fan of his anyway. he got skills but the only reason he gets so much props is because of his weight. ther are not that many real stand out bjj heavyweights out there. mir is amazingly agile at his weight.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Are you for real? He's a side show period. You take 30-40 pound off him and he isnt Sh1t. He's an absolute joke. Mir will beat him AGAIN,Kongo could smash him, Gonzaga too, and Fedor would BURY him. He's just big, and he's nothing without that.
    Yeah I'm of the same opinion. Mir is back and gunning for his belt. Kongo is poorly used by Dana. He needs some real fights. And the only reason why Randy C couldn't beat Lesnar is because he hadn't had a real fight in almost a year. I'm not counting out Randy yet but I think he needs to get his fire back. Maybe Nogueira will be a good come back.
    Personally I would liked to have seen Lesnar fight a few more people before Dana gave him a title shot which is bull shi*. Everyone in the light weight division have to sit with their di**s in their hands and wait while BJ goes and fights above his weight class and nobody gets a shot for over a year.

  4. seriously they should get the heavyweight going faster more title shots. im sick of this.

  5. They need to give Lesnar time to train against a BJJ player like Mir. They want him as prepared as possible. Lesnar seems to be the next big name for the UFC.
    •   
       


  6. he will prepair for it. he has the money and motivation. hes prolly 2 years away from being real good if that hard head trains good.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    he will prepair for it. he has the money and motivation. hes prolly 2 years away from being real good if that hard head trains good.
    the building blocks are there. anyone can be knocked out, i dont care how thick your neck is.

  8. dude i fuking hate the shape of his head and hair. when he loses his belt i want cain valascez or shanecarwin to beat him.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    dude i fuking hate the shape of his head and hair. when he loses his belt i want cain valascez or shanecarwin to beat him.
    That sounds like a likely scenario, either one of them. i like shane carwin.

  10. Shane's pretty huge... They're both about the same weight and height but Shane doesn't appear to have hit the hometown buffets as much.

  11. hahaha cain will be great if he keeps this up he needs 4-6 more fights and will be a star IMO. Carwin wow man ****ing beast. body building status

  12. Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Thats completely different. To say take away his right hand or his jujitsu etc is a SKILL they have. thats something they have developed and honed. He is Just a massive dude. Take that away and he'd get his face pulped to hamburger pattie by just bout any of the HW division. I only mentioned him cause the other guy said he's the "real deal"... say what? He's beaten Crazy horse, and a 44 year old couture. Please.....he's so far from being the real deal or a rounded fighter it isnt even funny.

    but hey this is bout Nog and Couture anyway, in regards to that I am lukewarm. Poor Nog, that head has taken so much serious punishment, he is gonna end up like Ali.
    Lesnar was a College, Division I Wrestling Heavy Weight Champion. Many people in the UFC have wrestling backgrounds, but not a Division One Championship in their resume. A legitimate wrestling background isn't simply one of Brock's foundations, he was the best of the best at his skill. If you take away his weight, you'd have a middle weight College Division I Wrestling Champion. Your "NO SKILL" argument is superbly ignorant.
    NSCA - CSCS

  13. yeah i agree volcome he has great skills. people bash him to much because they dont like what he has done. he should of had atleast 2 more fights before a title shot but still hes done good without training much. he will be something good in the future.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    yeah i agree volcome he has great skills. people bash him to much because they dont like what he has done. he should of had atleast 2 more fights before a title shot but still hes done good without training much. he will be something good in the future.
    Honestly I was starting to like the idea that he'd be great against Fedor with more preparation. Not beat maybe but great... But damn it Frank M has such a cool attitude and a great come back story not to mention he's a stud in martial arts, so I'm hoping like hell that Brock doesn't win. But its without a doubt that he'll be here for a long time and unfortunately we haven't even seen the best Brock yet.

  15. mir is cool but cheesy but yeah ive been gaining more respect for him i guess hes pretty smart dude, not a bad on WEC either. yeah we havnt seen what lesner can do because he lacks exp. i wanna see lesner take a shot so bad.

  16. Just say a vid of Mir at the Arnold shooting his mouth off how he doesn't have enough time to train due to his surgery. I know Lesnar is arrogant too but somehow I just hate Mir more. I want Lesnar to beat his face into more of a pulp this time....win or lose. But that's just me. I prefer Lesnar to Mir.

  17. they are both annoying. and yeah they pushed it to UFC 100 i think so UFC 100 is going to be HUGE! everyones going to buy that one

  18. I know it was still in the rumor phase but did they move GSP and T.Alves to 99 or 101? mmajunkie was saying GSP was head of that card...

  19. Holly F*** mmajunkie is saying Mir/Lesnar AND GSP/T. Alves for 100.

  20. everyones gonig to buy 100 man!!!!!!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    yeah i agree volcome he has great skills. people bash him to much because they dont like what he has done. he should of had atleast 2 more fights before a title shot but still hes done good without training much. he will be something good in the future.
    Prior to ever entering the ring, Brock had 2 years of MMA training. One could argue the quality of that training of course, but people think he went straight from a match with The Rock and then Mir the next week. Clearly his lack of "real fight" BJJ experience was exposed, but people also forget that if the ref hadn't made that BS stoppage for a behind the head penalty shot, Brock realistically could have finished Mir off in the ensuing moments.
    NSCA - CSCS

  22. yeah man that was wild but i heard he had 6 onths of real training. so in a year and a half he was prolly dicking around owkring on his farm and weightlifting and training a few days a week a small gyms got a basedown and got serious. i dont like lesner at all but how could you rag on him? im surprised his body is still held together for such a big guy those fake wrestlers still do some insane things! he will impress us someday but it might take him losing before that. hes already impressive to be.

  23. MMA junkie source:

    Mir had bone chips removed from the knee approximately three weeks ago.

    "It's great," Mir said of the knee. "I wish I would have done it a lot sooner."


    He better be fk'n ready...

  24. Ehh, I'm not likin' the Lesnar bashing >:[
    But opinions are opinions lol, I think Lesnar has all the tools to become a great fighter.
    He's strong as hell, explosive, fast, and very athletic for his size. ****, I'm willing to bet that he's faster then half the people in the UFC! The man ran like a 4.5 on his 40 yard dash at apx. 295 pounds. His striking is good, and his background as a wrestler helps, and it'll only be time until he gets his BJJ and maybe Muay Thai skills in check. But anyways.

    Couture: love him. I wish he were my dad lol.
    Nog: Ugh. He reminds me of a zombie from like Night of the Living Dead. A slow zombie. Not one of those crazy sprinting demon zombies from like 28 Days Later. He used to be that kinda zombie.

    ... Um. Okay, enough of that.

    Couture wins via exorcism.

    o.0

  25. yea im ready for ufc 100! yea some of the fights are garbage but we all watch them or talk about them,so i think dana is getting mma out there for everyone to see and enjoy!MMA needs this,it si great for the sport!!A few years ago and you would be saying Mir/Lesnar AND GSP/T. Alves who? look NOW the word is out on mma and the ufc!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by hitsquaddd View Post
    Ehh, I'm not likin' the Lesnar bashing >:[
    But opinions are opinions lol, I think Lesnar has all the tools to become a great fighter.
    He's strong as hell, explosive, fast, and very athletic for his size. ****, I'm willing to bet that he's faster then half the people in the UFC! The man ran like a 4.5 on his 40 yard dash at apx. 295 pounds. His striking is good, and his background as a wrestler helps, and it'll only be time until he gets his BJJ and maybe Muay Thai skills in check. But anyways.

    Couture: love him. I wish he were my dad lol.
    Nog: Ugh. He reminds me of a zombie from like Night of the Living Dead. A slow zombie. Not one of those crazy sprinting demon zombies from like 28 Days Later. He used to be that kinda zombie.

    ... Um. Okay, enough of that.

    Couture wins via exorcism.

    o.0
    I'm not one to bash lesnar because of his skill. I'm not even bashing I'm just saying I like Mir more personality wise. And the fact that I wrote he better be fk'n ready is because lesnar is not going to be an easy win on any day. He's very fast for being a big ol SOB. That punch is quick and looks like a nightmare. With time and dedication he'll have improved upon what he's already accomplished.
    Kudos to wanting Randy as a father. How awesome would that be!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    I'm not one to bash lesnar because of his skill. I'm not even bashing I'm just saying I like Mir more personality wise. And the fact that I wrote he better be fk'n ready is because lesnar is not going to be an easy win on any day. He's very fast for being a big ol SOB. That punch is quick and looks like a nightmare. With time and dedication he'll have improved upon what he's already accomplished.
    Kudos to wanting Randy as a father. How awesome would that be!
    Randy as a father would be cool as long as you don't pop off.

    "what! boy! go to your room before I greco slam you into an RNC. I wish you would talk back, boy."
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 02:39 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
  3. couture vs lesnar
    By elscotto in forum MMA
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 08:29 PM
  4. Couture In The UFC One Last Time?
    By stxnas in forum MMA
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 02:46 AM
  5. Couture retires
    By Pit Bull in forum MMA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Log in
Log in