WEC (Mike Brown Vs. Leonard Garcia)

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Sunday on Versus...
Anyone care or have any predictions for this fight?

Personally I'm more excited for the first bout: Rob McCullough Vs. Marcus Hicks.

jambarino

jambarino

Awards
yea im hoping to see razor rob back to his old form.he's fallen off a little bit.as far as mike brown and garcia goes i think its going to be a toss up.im just waiting for urijah to get his title shot again.

e5cmb

e5cmb

Awards
yea im hoping to see razor rob back to his old form.he's fallen off a little bit.as far as mike brown and garcia goes i think its going to be a toss up.im just waiting for urijah to get his title shot again.
I personally hope that Brown wins, so that Urijah gets to whoop his as* this next time around. Some may disagree, but Faber is imo one of the best pound for pound MMA fighters to date and fun as hell to watch. Insane skills, athleticism, endurance and great attitude.

As far a McCullough Vs. Hicks.......as long as Rob stays away from that vicious guillotine choke, I think he'll come out on top!

Just my $.02.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
seriously i thought garcia would win but mike brown heavy hitter right there. one ugly fock tho. props to him and i am glad faber can whoop his ass now.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I thought garcia would have stood more of a chance. I thought Mike B was a lucky punch guy with UF but now I can see he's got some skills.

And how about McCullough puttin Hicks's guillotine to shame?? Damn.. too bad they were being pussies and not striking much.

Jose Aldo would be a great fight for Faber and/or Mike Brown eventually.

e5cmb

e5cmb

Awards
A decent night of MMA all around. The second round of McCullough and Hicks was awesome, but they shadow boxed the entire third round.

I too thought Mike Brown might have gotten lucky with Faber; all it takes is one mistake though as was seen in that fight. As far as last night with Garcia....Brown just brought some fiery and whooped his as*! That was one heavy right hand!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
A decent night of MMA all around. The second round of McCullough and Hicks was awesome, but they shadow boxed the entire third round.

I too thought Mike Brown might have gotten lucky with Faber; all it takes is one mistake though as was seen in that fight. As far as last night with Garcia....Brown just brought some fiery and whooped his as*! That was one heavy right hand!
He did indeed. Wanderlei Silva style.

e5cmb

e5cmb

Awards
He did indeed. Wanderlei Silva style.
Yeah....they don't call Silva "The Axe Murderer" for nothing. He looks like and fights like he literally wants to kill somebody. :saw:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
heavy hands for such a tiny dude. comeon now 145 damn i remember when i was 145.....sophyear of highschool hahaha

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

I went for Faber, and I was pulling for Garcia, but Mike Brown is a badass, period.

That was no luck against Faber. Brown manhandled him the whole fight and was throwing Faber around like a rag doll.

And Faber's unorthodox style bit him in the ass, you can't hate on Brown for taking advantage of his opponents mistakes....

e5cmb

e5cmb

Awards
I went for Faber, and I was pulling for Garcia, but Mike Brown is a badass, period.

That was no luck against Faber. Brown manhandled him the whole fight and was throwing Faber around like a rag doll.

And Faber's unorthodox style bit him in the ass, you can't hate on Brown for taking advantage of his opponents mistakes....
I don't agree that Brown manhandled him the entire fight. They both were pretty much even until Faber f'd it up by doing some weird move and got rocked. End of the story after that.

Brown definitely has power. He's strong as hell at 145, but so is Faber. Brown Vs. Garcia was only the second fight I'd seen Brown in, so it's rather hard for me to judge his all around style and technique.

It'll be a hell of a rematch if and when it happens!!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I don't agree that Brown manhandled him the entire fight. They both were pretty much even until Faber f'd it up by doing some weird move and got rocked. End of the story after that.

Brown definitely has power. He's strong as hell at 145, but so is Faber. Brown Vs. Garcia was only the second fight I'd seen Brown in, so it's rather hard for me to judge his all around style and technique.

Yeah that move Faber tried to pull off works with people like Jens P and others who are not at his level. He was cocky and paid the ultimate price. He knows now how stupid he was trying to act all bruce lee. You could tell when he went after Jens this last time and killed him in 1 round. His dumb ass could have done that the first time but he was riding some popularity high and wanted to make for a good show. I think from here on out we'll see a hungry fighter in Faber. Like in the old superman when he comes back to f** up that guy who stole his seat at the dinner... damn thats age talking

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

I would like to see both rematches, and I am sure Faber will not make the same mistake twice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VolcomX311 MMA 8
VolcomX311 MMA 46
Jessep76 MMA 50
MMA 1
Jessep76 MMA 3