UFC 99 in Germany

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supposedly will be headlines with a fight at a catch weight of 195 featuring Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva. Wow!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where did you hear this? One of the rumors that I have heard is Nog/Couture, but nothing about Wand/Ace.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could be an interesting fight. both will be in need of a win I heard nog/couture most likely will not happen. they are not sure if Randy will be healthy by then

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
What's up with Randy?

And I'm actually excited to see Wandy break Franklin's face. It could happen.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Supposedly will be headlines with a fight at a catch weight of 195 featuring Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva. Wow!!!
I was just coming to post this up too! Should be a fun one!

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8204&zoneid=2
The Ultimate Fighting Championship is set to make its German debut on June 13 at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne. While several fights have been rumored for the event over the past couple of months, most have not come to fruition.

MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday, however, was able to confirm through multiple independent sources that former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin and former Pride 205-pound champion Wanderlei Silva have agreed to fight each other at UFC 99.

Franklin has fought his last two bouts at light heavyweight, returning to the division after running into a brick wall named Anderson Silva at middleweight. Even though Wanderlei Silva's fights in the UFC have all been at 205-pounds to this point, he has made public his intention of wanting to move down to the 185-pound division.

"I talk with (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and... say no problem, I'm down for 185? He say, no problem," Silva said in a recent interview with MMAWeekly.com, but adding, "I could fight in both divisions; I could fight 185 and 205."

It appears that he may not fight at either weight come June 13. Though it is too soon for bout agreements, sources have indicated that Franklin and Silva have agreed to face each other at a catch weight somewhere in the neighborhood of 195 pounds.

With both fighters coming off of losses – Franklin to Dan Henderson and Silva to Quinton Jackson, each in the 205-pound division – a catch weight fight doesn't really damage either's hopes for a title shot, as each would likely have to win a couple of fights before being considered a contender again.

A catch weight fight is a logical step for Silva to make his transition to the middleweight division a little easier. Walking around at about 208 pounds, he's never really had to deal much with weight cutting in the past, but will obviously have to in order to compete at middleweight.

The UFC has not officially confirmed any bouts yet for Germany, and it is not yet known whether Franklin and Silva will headline the UFC 99 fight card. Considering each fighter's stature in the MMA world, their bout would likely be at least a co-main event.

The only other independently confirmed bout for UFC 99 at this point is a lightweight contest between Spencer Fisher and Caol Uno.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard the CC one. Would be interesting if they brought him back in.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I was reading CC for Randy as well. I'm not a huge Randy fan, but I think he's tailor made to beat a guy like CC. It's pretty obvious that CC doesn't like people pressuring him in his face....he likes to be the aggressor. Randy is going to clinch him up, take him down and GnP him. CC's ground defense isn't the best so I don't so this going well for him. However, there is always that chance that CC catches Randy. Randy isn't known for his granite chin these days, esp. at his age.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
seriously it will end either Randy GnP or CC ktfo. Would still be fun to see

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i think CC needs to stay out of the UFC to be dominate. If he coems in the UFC he will only face the top 5 which he will most likley lose too. Also I am pretty sure wandy vs. rich will hapeen. I would liek to see a catch weight

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I see Franklin winning a decision over Wand. Wand's style is outdated and reaction times and general speed aren't what they used to be. Franklin will use angles and pick Wand apart. I love Wand but his time is done.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yep. his chin is worn out as well. great fighter but damn if he loses thats so many losses but its at a catch weight