UFC

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Anderson Silva and Thales Leites, and a co-main event of Chuck Liddell versus Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

Who thinks Chuck is going to K.O. his ass? He needs one really bad and I think he will win and then whoever he fights next he will lose to then retire.

And the Silva fight will maybe be a nice ground fight? What are all your predictions?

Other bouts announced for UFC 97 include former WEC champion Brian Stann's UFC debut against Krzysztof Soszynski, a middleweight bout pitting Jason MacDonald against Nate Quarry, David "The Crow" Loiseau's return to the UFC to face Ed Herman, and Mark Bocek versus David Bielkheden in a lightweight bout.
(mmaweekley.com)

boy does Ed Herman need a win. I wonder if he was on that winstrol with Chriss leben haha red heads.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I'm not convinced Leites is a threat. I love watching Loiseau fight.

Chuck... what's he fighting for anymore anyway? He won't get the title back. Shogun looked terrible in his last fight.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not convinced Leites is a threat. I love watching Loiseau fight.

Chuck... what's he fighting for anymore anyway? He won't get the title back. Shogun looked terrible in his last fight.
His coke money is running low.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
I think Liddell is out of the LHW title picture, even if he beats Rua.

He'd have to go through at least another fighter - be it Machida or Jackson - and time works against him. I sincerely think he's more or less done in MMA.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Liddell is out of the LHW title picture, even if he beats Rua.

He'd have to go through at least another fighter - be it Machida or Jackson - and time works against him. I sincerely think he's more or less done in MMA.
Done as a serious threat at the title...maybe. Done as a big money maker...not at all.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Done as a serious threat at the title...maybe. Done as a big money maker...not at all.
True if he beats Rua in convincing fashion, like he beat Silva @ UFC 79.

If Rua wins against him, it'd be 4 losses in the last 5 fights. I cannot possibly see where that leaves him as a big moneymaker.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
chuck gets so much EFFING money jsut for losing hahahha. so yeah i think a few more fights is all he gets and hes going to cashout and live his life. im a huge chuck fan but hes getting old. on the other hand rua does look bad and i hope he gets K.O.ed hardcore just to add to chucks knockout tapes hahaha

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Anderson will lose if it goes to the ground...my prediction....but I don't think it'll go that far...lol

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
I believe Chuck is training with American Top Team now - maybe he'll add some new stuff to his arsenal, and this new stuff will keep him in the contender picture.

A win over Rua and the opponent after him is a must. I hope it won't be Couture again, though. Rumours say the two will collide in Germany this summer.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chuck cycles beer carbs to obtain that ab.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Chuck cycles beer carbs to obtain that ab.
Maybe he just should get a quality nutritionist who calculates his real daily caloric needs. I remember Belly-Chuck saying on "All Access" that he needs to consume more than 4,000 cal per day (4,200 I believe it was) just to maintain his weight. Maybe he's wrong here by a good amount.

He has great calves, though.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I believe Chuck is training with American Top Team now - maybe he'll add some new stuff to his arsenal, and this new stuff will keep him in the contender picture.

A win over Rua and the opponent after him is a must. I hope it won't be Couture again, though. Rumours say the two will collide in Germany this summer.
Where did you hear that?

Anyway, even if he losses he can still bring in mad money. He has a large following and random fights can still garner interest. Such as Silva vs Liddel. That would be interesting for a lot of people.

I can't think of any other fights though. Maybe a Griffin vs Liddel?

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
There was talk of the UFC coming here to Germany and the headliner being Couture vs Liddell, though Chuck dismissed this in late December. Strange thing is, tickets for this UFC event are already offered here in Germany, so at least that part is true or should be. TV broadcasting is still a challenge.

I think though that the moneymaking thing for Chuck will fade out quickly or already has to... with UFC 79, it really was this comeback theme ("the winner can easily regain the title") and a fight that fans had wanted forever.

But if Chuck now continues to lose - you'd be surprised how many people calling themselves "fans" would turn their backs on him, and I cannot even blame them.

I'd say, if Chuck loses once more to Rampage, he should and very probably will throw the towel.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
ive been calling griffin and lidell for over a year now.! why have they not fought! maybe cuz jardine beat forrest and jardine beat lidell. i heard rumors chuck might go to heavy weight to fight randy cuz they have not done that before. if rua would beat chuck tho I think its all over. Cant get more washed up than that. Hopefull the boys at top team will get his act together and we see the old chuck, i would love that. his gut also works aas a good takedown defense haha and maybe we will see more leg kicks like he did with rashad with his beautiful calves.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Well, if the boys at top team get their act together, we hopefully won't see the old Chuck.

I certainly agree on the Rua thing - the problem being that Rua is by now not considered a top LHW anymore, and if Chuck won, I cannot imagine the UFC giving him a titleshot directly.

So where would he fit in? As cannonfodder for people like Machida and Evans - certainly not what he has in mind. I think the only graceful move would be to lay his active career to rest.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, if the boys at top team get their act together, we hopefully won't see the old Chuck.

I certainly agree on the Rua thing - the problem being that Rua is by now not considered a top LHW anymore, and if Chuck won, I cannot imagine the UFC giving him a titleshot directly.

So where would he fit in? As cannonfodder for people like Machida and Evans - certainly not what he has in mind. I think the only graceful move would be to lay his active career to rest.
Chuck needs to fight Ortiz real quick to boost his esteem (maybe in a backyard brawl somewhere). A few rounds of watching your opponent pee their pants has to make you feel pretty confident.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
chuck will keep making his money because him and dana white 69 every night

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Chuck needs to fight Ortiz real quick to boost his esteem (maybe in a backyard brawl somewhere). A few rounds of watching your opponent pee their pants has to make you feel pretty confident.
Lol, I see we have a real fan here. At least you didn't suggest a tag team fight of Couture / Liddell vs Kimob Slice / Ortiz.

I sincerely wish Chucky all the best. He'll need it.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
oh god kimbo vs chuck would be terrible. yeah i know what you mean about old chuck cuz hes completley figured out. so yeah a new and improved!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Female Fitness 1
Aleksandar37 MMA 8