Rodja's back in the cage

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got the call and I have accepted a fight on 2/27 in Austin, TX. My opponent is a former Iowa wrestler, so I am working on 2 things for this fight (well, 3 actually):
1. Working on my sprawl/cattle catch
2. Working my sweeps/subs from guard
3. Eliminate my instinct to shoot (this is very critical for my success)

I am sitting at ~188 or so right now, but I am not worried about making weight. In fact, I want to come into this fight a little heavier, especially in my legs (which will be very easy for me to do). My cardio is not quite where I want it to be, but I have learned how to burst and relax to conserve on my gastank. I am 4 weeks away from weigh-ins, my hands have been corrected, my kicks have more power than ever...I am already ready for this fight.

This is also the first fight I will have while taking AX and RPM, which gives me fantastic aggression that is in full force. I still have over 2 bottles left, so I will still have it fully in my system when the bell rings.

It's time to cue up the storm once again...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
best of luck to you ... hope your training and fight goes as planned

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
youtube you kicking his a$$ so we can all see it :)

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
stomp:buttkick: some a$$ rodja!..

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Will it be filmed do you think? good luck with it! give him hell!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will it be filmed do you think? good luck with it! give him hell!!
I'm pretty sure that it will be filmed and put on YouTube within a few days after the fight.

tattoopierced1

You should come up to IN and fight in Hook N Shoot sometime, would def. love to see you fight live.

M15

M15

Awards
I hope you do great. I'm guessing the fight is going to be at 170. What style of fighter are you? also is this pro or amatuer and what is your record?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that it will be filmed and put on YouTube within a few days after the fight.
awesome! i'll look forward to that and hearing your outcome too! Gl again

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope you do great. I'm guessing the fight is going to be at 170. What style of fighter are you? also is this pro or amatuer and what is your record?
This is a professional fight, which will be my 7th. I am more of a grappler by trade, but I have been working on my stand-up diligently for the past 18 months. I started out as an orthodox fighter, but made the switch to southpaw about 7 months ago because of knee and hand injuries. The switch has gone very smoothly and has brought more burst into both my punches, kicks, and my shot.

M15

M15

Awards
Ahh much love for the grapplers. if you do end up getting taken down I hope you submit this guy.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep work on sweeps big time. I work with a lot of wrestlers and their top control is just something. One of my good friends and former training partners was at SF State when Jake Shields came in and you know how Jakes wrestling Game is. this guy use to have such great top control most of the time i just worked to survive. Worked alot of awkward escapes back door sliding under etc.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best of luck with your fight, rod. Kick his ass!

:buttkick:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kick ass brother

will175

will175

Awards
Good luck brah. Have fun. You know you got this...

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
We've always had differences but sincerely, good luck!!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Rodj. Long time no see. Best of luck with your fight man.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
I think you should surprise everyone with a flying gogo!

Good luck man!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
awaiting the war report!;
slick!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hope it went well rodj. keep us up to date

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah dude hope you kicked ass because I got a lot of respect for you

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't able to fight this weekend because I got into a car wreck on the way to the weigh-ins (never drive after cutting 13 lbs) and my foot was injured. This cut was by far the worst and hardest of my life; it took me 45 minutes last time, but this time took over 4 hours.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
aww ****in ghey man im sorry. keep your spirtits high. i hope you sue the person who hit you hahahaha

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear about your accident rodja!..get well, and you will be back in the game!:)
slick!

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
good luck dood!

will175

will175

Awards
Wow, So sorry to hear that bro. At least you did not get seriously hurt. There will always be another fight, your health and safety comes first. Next time have someone drive you crazy ass. I always have someone drive me to a competition, it helps keep your mind clear and relax. Well hope you heal up quickly. Take care bro. ALoha.