Affliction 2: Day of Reckoning Post Fight Discussion

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not sure which fights will make the PPV, but this looks like a decent card...I think I always say that though :lol:

Horodecki didn't get medical clearance and has been replaced by Bobby Green.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidelnikov
Gilbert Yvel vs. Josh Barnett
Jay Hieron vs. Jason High
Bobby Green (in place of Chris Horodecki) vs. Dan Lauzon
Brett Cooper vs. Patrick Speight
Albert Rios vs. Antonio Duarte
Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland
Renato Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Bao Quach vs. L.C. Davis

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cannot imagine if AA wins, the world will stop spinning

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Fedor didn't look great.. But whatever, he got the job done..

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Fedor had a shaky start, but he looked a bit pissed off after AA kicked him. I think he was about to go to town on him, but then landed that punch. AA can't take a punch. I know that it's easy to say when your not the one taking the punch, but still.

What happened to Lindland was down right scary and hard to watch. Hope he's okay. I have never seen someone still think that they were in a fight that long after being knocked out.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
I was really questioning whether that KO actually happened, Arlovski looked great for about 3 minutes. I had to remind myself that it was Fedor, then reality set in.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what fights did they show?
the card looks pretty stacked to bad i dont have a cable box :(

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AA just has no chin and wont stick to the plan. My god a flying knee v. Fedor? Either way, Fedor always will find the way to win. I dont know if anyone out there lasts a round with him at this point

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
what fights did they show?
the card looks pretty stacked to bad i dont have a cable box :(
Preliminary Bouts:
-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira def. Vladimir Matyushenko by TKO (Strikes) at 4:26, R2
-L.C. Davis def. Bao Quach by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) at 5:00, R3
-Albert Rios def. Antonio Duarte by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) at 5:00, R3
-Brett Cooper def. Patrick Speight by KO (Punch) at 4:10, R2

These fights were shown on HDnet, sucked for me, cuz I wanted to watch Lil Nog fight. I thought the last Affliction show was a awesome, but this card was full of exciting bouts. I'll let you know if I find a link to the Fedor vs Arlovski fight.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Piston, I went on vodpod dot com and found the fight, just type in "fedor vs arlovski". It's the video titled "fight video", there are also some promo vids you want to avoid.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
they didnt show the barnett or the babalu fights?

thanks condition, repped.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
mma tko (dot) com has a crap load of fights, and by the end of the day you can watch yest card via flash player. It usually has ufc cards up after midnight or the next day, no bs pages either!

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
fedor is the baddest man on the planet. Anyone watch the fox special on friday? He is so humble and calm. I have mad respect for him.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nothing fazes him. Its AA's own fault, but eventually Fedor would have ended it

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he looked calm before that fight he didnt look that intense. i dont think you can say fedor looked bad tho he looked a lil diff. AA looked good before he got hit in the button. fedor was gonig to get 300,000 no matter what and AA got 1.5 mil. I think fedor just wants to fight barrnet.

yeah linland omg hes messed up.

sokadju or whatever is gonig tdown a hill rapid. why doesnt he work his ground game holy sh!t.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
they didnt show the barnett or the babalu fights?

thanks condition, repped.
The following fights were on the ppv and it was a very good card, IMO.
Fedor.Emelianenko.vs.Andrei.Arlovski
Gilbert.Yvel.vs.Josh.Barnett
Renato.Sobral.vs.Rameau.Thierry.Sokoudjou
Vitor.Belfort.vs.Matt.Lindland
Paul.Buentello.vs.Kiril.Sidelnikov
Bobby.Green.vs.Dan.Lauzon

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Do you think sidelnikov was out on his feet or just lacking heart?

buentello has been looking better and better, he ran through the ufc im not sure what his record is like in his last 25 fights tho, prolly really good.

I think lindland is done and his grecko roman skills are out of date and weak at 185.

Sokujou is too small at 185, quick but cant seem to finish, ive only seen him beat one guy. With his muscularity and speed he's exciting to watch but not talented enough to make an impact anywhere out side of king of the cage.

Fedor looked weaker he may come to the end of his rope now that other fighters have seen possibly a chink in his once impervious armor. Intimidation is big in fighting and some nights guys lose before they get in the ring. So maybe this will make an up and comer think he can win. Or fedor can suck because that is what heart and knockout power afford him.

Does anyone think it was his gameplan to play possum with the taller faster AA to lure him into the KO, or was it by chance? I noticed fedor never really charged in and tried to stay on the outside of the faster/taller fighter.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought Kiril showed great heart to take the punishment he took. It was painful watching his head snap back as many times as it did.

I think this is about as far back as I remember seeing Buentello fight. Like many others, I think the UFC should have given him a few more fights:

Win Kirill Sidelnikov TKO (Doctor Stoppage) Affliction - Day of Reckoning 1/24/2009 3 4:18
Win Gary Goodridge Decision (Unanimous) Affliction - Banned 7/19/2008 3 5:00
Loss Alistair Overeem Submission (Knees to the Body) Strikeforce - Four Men Enter, One Man Survives 11/16/2007 2 3:42
Win Carter Williams KO (Punch) StrikeForce-EliteXC - Shamrock vs. Baroni 6/22/2007 2 0:10
Win Ruben Villareal TKO (Corner Stoppage) Strikeforce - Triple Threat 12/8/2006 2 3:57
Win David Abbott KO (Punch) Strikeforce - Tank vs Buentello 10/7/2006 1 0:43
Win Gilbert Aldana TKO (Strikes) UFC 57 - Liddell vs Couture 3 2/4/2006 2 2:27
Loss Andrei Arlovski KO (Punch) UFC 55 - Fury 10/7/2005 1 0:15
Win Kevin Jordan Submission (Guillotine Choke) UFC 53 - Heavy Hitters 6/4/2005 1 4:00
Win Justin Eilers KO (Punch) UFC 51 - Super Saturday 2/5/2005 1 3:34
Win Bo Cantrell KO (Punches) KOTC - Revenge 11/14/2004 1 0:45
Win Lloyd Marshbanks TKO EP - XXXtreme Impact 12/28/2003 1 2:57
Win Bobby Hoffman Submission (Verbal) KOTC 30 - The Pinnacle 11/2/2003 2 N/A
Fight Finder - Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello's Mixed Martial Arts Statistics

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
Fedor plays the aggressor and sometime the passive one. AA was aggressive with his hands, but if you look at the past fights of Fedor, hes has been aggressive with some such as Sylvia and with cro-cop it seems he had taken his time. I think he likes to evaluate the person he fights before going all out on them. But then i ask, why did he just start whooping sylvia? did sylvia show weakness? I believe Sylvia is more hype than anything, because he is a large tall fellow, and he talks himself up as well. and btw there is only a 1-2 inch difference between AA and Fedor. If fedor wanted to end it immediatley he prabably wouldve taken the fight to the ground IMO.

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
During pre fight announcements they showed a 1-2 inch difference. or said whichever you would prefer.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
During pre fight announcements they showed a 1-2 inch difference. or said whichever you would prefer.
dude just look it up if you dont believe me, if they said that then they were DEAD WRONG! Did you watch the fight? :damnit::toofunny:

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
yeah i did. its all good man. i think fedor got lucky though, either way he still won.

Dozi

Awards
yeah i did. its all good man. i think fedor got lucky though, either way he still won.

Thats a standard counter move to a flying knee attempt. Luck really had nothing to do with it man...hes just the better fighter. A rookie wouldn't even trying a flying knee on Fedor....no less in the first round when hes barely broke a sweat yet.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had replay the knock out b/c I must have blinked the first time around :lol:

Talk about an abrupt ending!

I should have known better than to blink while watching Fedor though...

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I think you're right. I don't think people ALWAYS want to see somebody get beaten to a pulp in 30 seconds.

Fedor plays the aggressor and sometime the passive one. AA was aggressive with his hands, but if you look at the past fights of Fedor, hes has been aggressive with some such as Sylvia and with cro-cop it seems he had taken his time. I think he likes to evaluate the person he fights before going all out on them. But then i ask, why did he just start whooping sylvia? did sylvia show weakness? I believe Sylvia is more hype than anything, because he is a large tall fellow, and he talks himself up as well. and btw there is only a 1-2 inch difference between AA and Fedor. If fedor wanted to end it immediatley he prabably wouldve taken the fight to the ground IMO.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got lucky? Exploiting a mistake in someones technique is far from luck. I guess Fedor has been getting lucky his entire career...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't understand why so many people hate on Fedor. I wonder how many of these haters have only been fans of MMA for say 1-3 yrs. Check out his record and his older fights. Netflix has a lot of Pride and UFC dvds. Fedor's faced pretty much anybody you could think of, and almost all of them in their prime...there are a couple of obvious exceptions though...

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fedor rocks and the fights were awesome!

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I watched the fight where Randleman dropped Fedor right on his head on youtube. Fedor doesn't even seem to wince, maintains his composure, and quickly ends up winning by submission shortly thereafter.

I am no MMA expert, far from it. But if watching that fight can't change someone's opinion on the skill / toughness he possesses, nothing will.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
serious do people really think he will dominate everyone everytime just cuz silvia? i dont think he he was bad at all. why would he try and get all crazy when AA's boxing looked good.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
There were some interesting gif's posted on sherdog that show that most of arlovski's punch's, although fedor flinched, where blocked or deflected by fedor. They look like like connect, but in reality they don't, and fedor flails his arm up to block them.

So no, fedor didn't get lucky.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Fedor was getting schooled by Arlovski then AA made a huge mistake and got ko'd. I would like to see a rematch.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Fedor was getting schooled by Arlovski then AA made a huge mistake and got ko'd. I would like to see a rematch.
I honestly think Fedor is a horrible matchup for AA (obviously Fedor is a horrible matchup for anyone, but hear me out). The only way AA wins is if we see a boring jab fest like AA vs Sylvia III. Even then, Fedor is far too explosive and AA's chin is far to weak to last that long. Everyone, including the lame Affliction commentators were stating how Fedor looked nervous and uncomfortable "for the first time in his career". If you know anything about Fedor it's that his expression in a fight never changes, I guarentee that he was not freaking out just because AA landed a few jabs and a push kick in 3 minutes. For Fedor to finish AA in that short amount of time shows how good he really is.

I'm really looking forward to him vs Barnett. If Josh can't give him a decent fight then I don't know if there is anyone currently who can.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pitt6691 MMA 1
MMA 28
elscotto MMA 70
MrBrightside General Chat 57
jas123 MMA 6