Affliction 2: Day of Reckoning Post Fight Discussion

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by crowpass View Post
    yeah i did. its all good man. i think fedor got lucky though, either way he still won.
    Got lucky? Exploiting a mistake in someones technique is far from luck. I guess Fedor has been getting lucky his entire career...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. I don't understand why so many people hate on Fedor. I wonder how many of these haters have only been fans of MMA for say 1-3 yrs. Check out his record and his older fights. Netflix has a lot of Pride and UFC dvds. Fedor's faced pretty much anybody you could think of, and almost all of them in their prime...there are a couple of obvious exceptions though...
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   

3. Fedor rocks and the fights were awesome!

4. Yeah, I watched the fight where Randleman dropped Fedor right on his head on youtube. Fedor doesn't even seem to wince, maintains his composure, and quickly ends up winning by submission shortly thereafter.

I am no MMA expert, far from it. But if watching that fight can't change someone's opinion on the skill / toughness he possesses, nothing will.

5. serious do people really think he will dominate everyone everytime just cuz silvia? i dont think he he was bad at all. why would he try and get all crazy when AA's boxing looked good.

6. There were some interesting gif's posted on sherdog that show that most of arlovski's punch's, although fedor flinched, where blocked or deflected by fedor. They look like like connect, but in reality they don't, and fedor flails his arm up to block them.

So no, fedor didn't get lucky.

7. Fedor was getting schooled by Arlovski then AA made a huge mistake and got ko'd. I would like to see a rematch.

8. Quote Originally Posted by warriorway View Post
    Fedor was getting schooled by Arlovski then AA made a huge mistake and got ko'd. I would like to see a rematch.
    I honestly think Fedor is a horrible matchup for AA (obviously Fedor is a horrible matchup for anyone, but hear me out). The only way AA wins is if we see a boring jab fest like AA vs Sylvia III. Even then, Fedor is far too explosive and AA's chin is far to weak to last that long. Everyone, including the lame Affliction commentators were stating how Fedor looked nervous and uncomfortable "for the first time in his career". If you know anything about Fedor it's that his expression in a fight never changes, I guarentee that he was not freaking out just because AA landed a few jabs and a push kick in 3 minutes. For Fedor to finish AA in that short amount of time shows how good he really is.

I'm really looking forward to him vs Barnett. If Josh can't give him a decent fight then I don't know if there is anyone currently who can.

Similar Forum Threads

1. UFC 88 Pre- and Post-fight discussion
    By jas123 in forum MMA
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
  2. UFC 71 Post Fight Discussion
    By stxnas in forum MMA
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 08:00 PM
  3. UFC 65, post fight discussion
    By exnihilo in forum MMA
    Replies: 40