Nogeira/Washed Up! Fedor fights has/beens!

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I know I am gonna get raped and flamed to death for this but I called this months ago on a thread saying Fedor was the greatest. I said something like, Nogiera (sp) was washed up even though he was the UFC heavyweight champ! When fedor joins the UFC (as imperfects as it is) and beats everyone in his division and stops making excuses why he is not joining then he can be considered the greatest but for now he looks like he's avoiding the challengers and is fighting the has beens. He'll get the respect he deserves when he stops running. He can always go back to sambo after he loses and gets tossed from the UFC like everyone eventually will. The UFC will last longer than his career! If the contracts are fine for many of the greatest fighters in the world....I'm sure Fedor can live with the contract for a few years. And don't tell me he doesn't have to! If he wants to be taken seriously and if he really the greatest he can come in and clean up then leave and go back to Sambo and Affliction and his other pet projects! I acknowledge he looks good but he also looks like he is hiding. Put up or shut up! Flame Away.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I know I am gonna get raped and flamed to death for this but I called this months ago on a thread saying Fedor was the greatest. I said something like, Nogiera (sp) was washed up even though he was the UFC heavyweight champ! When fedor joins the UFC (as imperfects as it is) and beats everyone in his division and stops making excuses why he is not joining then he can be considered the greatest but for now he looks like he's avoiding the challengers and is fighting the has beens. He'll get the respect he deserves when he stops running. He can always go back to sambo after he loses and gets tossed from the UFC like everyone eventually will. The UFC will last longer than his career! If the contracts are fine for many of the greatest fighters in the world....I'm sure Fedor can live with the contract for a few years. And don't tell me he doesn't have to! If he wants to be taken seriously and if he really the greatest he can come in and clean up then leave and go back to Sambo and Affliction and his other pet projects! I acknowledge he looks good but he also looks like he is hiding. Put up or shut up! Flame Away.
You stupid **** he is fighting your favorite fighter (Arlovski) in a month and he well embarass and rape him. Hopefully then you will throw yourself off a balcony.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have to agree here somewhat. I mean he needs to put up against the best and stop holding the title the best heavyweight when he doesnt even fight. Its easy to stay on top when everyone thinks you are the best but you never show up to beat the best. How long ago was it since he actually fought someone worth naming?...its been awhile.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fedor has nothing to prove. Dana is a piece of **** and insulted his integrity. Why should he work for someone like that!?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think he has something to prove, he is being called the best he needs to fight. His upcoming fight is a good step in the right direction.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every time someone calls him out, he destroys his opponent. Who does he have to prove anything to? He has never lost a fight, yet everyone calls him out as a coward instead of appreciating his greatness. We may never see a MMAist like him again, yet only the UFCers call him out because Dana has brainwashed people into believing that the best HWs are in the UFC when that is a complete lie.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
You stupid **** he is fighting your favorite fighter (Arlovski) in a month and he well embarass and rape him. Hopefully then you will throw yourself off a balcony.
Wow dog, you have hate and anger issues. Always insulting and calling people names. Were you abused as a child. If so seek help.

I do not know where you got the idea Arlosvski is my fav fighter and yes I agree, he will most likely win that fight. After all, that is why he is taking this fight. He knows he will win. You get it now?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Nog is at the end but keep in mind Fedor fought him years ago. Who else should Fedor fight. He will fight AA then beat him, then fight barnett.

I am not a huge Fedor fan, but there is no one out there at HW who will beat him

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
i have to agree here somewhat. I mean he needs to put up against the best and stop holding the title the best heavyweight when he doesnt even fight. Its easy to stay on top when everyone thinks you are the best but you never show up to beat the best. How long ago was it since he actually fought someone worth naming?...its been awhile.
Well that would be his last fight against Tim Sylvia who is #6 in the world and a former UFC champion. That was a whopping 5 months ago. His next fight is against Arlovski who is #4 in the world and also a former UFC champion. Come on.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
using some peoples logic here, there is no heavyweight for him to fight at this point. HE will destroy AA imo, then beat barnett, but it seems that wont be good enough either. WHo else would people like to see him beat?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Way to post a spoiler as a thread title...:frustrate

Anyway, I only read the original post. Who else is really left for Fedor to fight that he hasn't already destroyed (that wouldn't be considered a has-been or a can)?

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
M1 Global issued a challenge to Dana White for a fight between Fedor and Brock Lesnar.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It could happen. Chuck went over to Pride for a Grand Prix.

Dana was pretty confident that Chuck would it all though. I'm not sure that Dana is that confident about Lesnar...at least not yet.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Barnett would be his toughest test IMO, but he has also avoided fighting Fedor on numerous occassions. I think Kharitonov could give Fedor some trouble as well, but Fedor would capitalize once Sergei started to get sloppy and wild as he normally does.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'm not even sure Brock could win over Mir...

Seems like he only wins fights with hammer fists, and I don't think that will take even the unprepared Mir out of a fight.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fedors a beast in every fight he's fought, he doesn't get the respect from normal fans for a few reasons, one. he fights in organizations that don't get the exposure that the ufc gets so ppl dont see him as often and two, he looks nothing like a real fighter, ppl look at him and ask themselves why is he so special, the guy is fat and looks out of shape

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I'm not even sure Brock could win over Mir...

Seems like he only wins fights with hammer fists, and I don't think that will take even the unprepared Mir out of a fight.
He was well on his way until the bs standup, and he is much improved since then.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
He just beat Silvia (#6) and is about to fight AA (#2). How is he dodging? Barnett avoided fighting him, not the other way around. I don't know who you want him to fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He just beat Silvia (#6) and is about to fight AA (#2). How is he dodging? Barnett avoided fighting him, not the other way around. I don't know who you want him to fight.
He is just a simple troll that has a 2-second memory and an irrelevant MMA opinion. He would be the epitome of a TUFer.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is just a simple troll that has a 2-second memory and an irrelevant MMA opinion. He would be the epitome of a TUFer.
who are you referring to?

arlovski #2? well obviously the ranking system is sh1t. No way AA is #2 heavyweight.:nono:

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
who are you referring to?

arlovski #2? well obviously the ranking system is sh1t. No way AA is #2 heavyweight.:nono:

Robdog was quoted as saying Arlovski is #4!

Freelancing alows you to fight, who you want, when you want, and only when you are 100%. In the UFC fighters often are quoted saying "I will fight whoever they want me to fight." Like St. Pierre says he wants to be known as a great champion!!! Noguiera was quoted as saying he had a knee injury preparing for the Mir fight. Perhaps Fedors record would not be so spotless if he wasn't cherrypicking his fights. Why is the UFC good enough for some of the greatest P4P fighters in MMA such as Anderson Silva, St.Pierre, Penn? Why don't these great fighters just Freelance and look out for their own interests like Fedor does? BECAUSE THEY ARE TRULY GREAT FIGHTERS!
:duel:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Robdog was quoted as saying Arlovski is #4!

Freelancing alows you to fight, who you want, when you want, and only when you are 100%. In the UFC fighters often are quoted saying "I will fight whoever they want me to fight." Like St. Pierre says he wants to be known as a great champion!!! Noguiera was quoted as saying he had a knee injury preparing for the Mir fight. Perhaps Fedors record would not be so spotless if he wasn't cherrypicking his fights. Why is the UFC good enough for some of the greatest P4P fighters in MMA such as Anderson Silva, St.Pierre, Penn? Why don't these great fighters just Freelance and look out for their own interests like Fedor does? BECAUSE THEY ARE TRULY GREAT FIGHTERS!
:duel:
Are you still ranting mindless nonsense? Most UFC champs fight 2x/year and some of the matchups are pointless. Fedor has said on many occasions that he wants to fight Barnett and Kharitonov, but they have refused to fight him. He has a choice to not fight under the UFC's strict no-compete clause and should be applauded for standing up for his integrity.

BTW, AA is #2 according to Sherdog and #4 acording to MMAWeekly.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Are you still ranting mindless nonsense? Most UFC champs fight 2x/year and some of the matchups are pointless. Fedor has said on many occasions that he wants to fight Barnett and Kharitonov, but they have refused to fight him. He has a choice to not fight under the UFC's strict no-compete clause and should be applauded for standing up for his integrity.

BTW, AA is #2 according to Sherdog and #4 acording to MMAWeekly.
And we all know Sherdog rankings are retarded.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
So just a quick question...

If Fedor isn't the best, nogueira is washed up, arlovski isn't #2, Mir isn't good, Randy just lost, and so on and so forth, who's the best fighter in the world?

Brock Lesnar?

No, I just wonder who luclyluciano thinks the number #1 fighter in the world is... Cause I mean, 29-1-1 isn't good enough because he's a freelancer... So what is?

And just another btw, to not randomly get caught in 29 fights is no accomplishment either, right?

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the Philippines, 26 degree weather, cool breeze, palm trees, white sand, blue waters...fark..now I'm back -3 degrees, snow storm, have to dig out a parking space...Oh Well, Happy New Year everyone!!!

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established

If Fedor isn't the best, nogueira is washed up, arlovski isn't #2, Mir isn't good, Randy just lost, and so on and so forth, who's the best fighter in the world?

Brock Lesnar?

No, I just wonder who luclyluciano thinks the number #1 fighter in the world is... Cause I mean, 29-1-1 isn't good enough because he's a freelancer... So what is?

And just another btw, to not randomly get caught in 29 fights is no accomplishment either, right?
Hes an idiot. Fedor should be 30-0-2. The one "loss' he has was due to a cut he received from an illegal blow. It should have been ruled an NC. He avenged the "loss" in dominating fashion. He is clearly #1 p4p and if you dont agree you are a noob or just someone who likes to chime in in an MMA forum even though you have no idea wtf you are talking about.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Brock Lesnar?

Well come on, we all know that Zulu is the #1 heavyweight in the world. No question about it. :rofl:

In all seriousness, I am not sure how anyone can think it could be anyone but Fedor at this point. Everyone they put in front of him he has annihilated.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I realize he should be 29-0-2, I know how he "lost". But even still, just so he doesn't go about saying there are excuses or whatever.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not arguing that he is the best im just agreeing with the fact he shouldnt take such long layoffs. Yes he just fought silva and will fight AA but before that he was inactive for awhile wasnt he? he needs to keep fighting, if he doesnt and stays in some russian cave then he could well be a thing of the past.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fedor has also had at least 6 injuries to his right hand. This has been a chronis plague to him since 2003 (e.g. when CC/Nog fought, it was for the interim HW belt since Fedor was injured) and cost him to miss th OWGP in '06.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Fedor has nothing to prove. Dana is a piece of **** and insulted his integrity. Why should he work for someone like that!?
Dana is the Don King of the mma world. He's just mad that Fedor won't let him have control over him.

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Have the fedor haters forgotten a few things? Check out Crocop in his prime kick Fedor in the head and Fedor just continue to stalk him like a damn murderer. At that time Crocop was a beast! Look at what Fedor did to Nog and Nog dominated the HW division for at least a 2 year period like no one else has. Nog was hands down the best and then Fedor came along and changed that. Fedor didnt beat a washed up Nog, or a timid Crocop, or out of shape Tim. Tim even stated that he had one of his alltime best training camps leading up to that fight. Now, I hate him, but when a cocky sob like that says that a guys 'unbeatable' and 'a monster', you know he's seen the light. That light is that Fedor is, by far, the best MMA fighter to ever live and I highly doubt anyone will ever top his resume. He is WORLDCLASS at boxing, kickboxing, judo, bjj, and most importantly, has the most flawless transitions that are possible in MMA. Oh yeah, and on top of that, he probably has the best chin and recovery ability as well (just watch crocop's headkick, randlemans slam, and fujita's(Im goin blank, but wasnt it fujita? anyways) hook that basically knocked him out and he then recovered while standing and ended up finishing him). The guy is the M.Jordan of MMA and my freaking idol. If Im gay for saying that, then so be it. Im a MMA fighter and I LOVE this sport and in my mind, Fedor is the KING!!! K, thats all for me.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Fedor IS King.
I've seen a lot of fighters pretend and try to ape the look but nothing compares to the cold & confident determination Fedor wears on his face come fight time.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
what do you think about lesner fighting him in a couple years with a few more fights under hius belt if he wins them all? AA number 2? yeah righttttt

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
If Fedor gets beaten now it doesn't really matter. He's survived so many MMA fights without "Getting Caught" (w/ a bomb or whatnot,) that his second loss in a great career will mean nothing.

He's the only guy that proves that "Getting Caught" is NOT an excuse. He has an iron chin but Many people have that. It's skill plain and simple.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah hes a super freak. i dont want to see him lose i like to see someone so dominant like him. i wouldd like to see lesner tear it up for awhile get some skill then them two go at it and fedor getting a late round KO

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
All Fedor has to do is find the perfect time to jump his opponent. Once he gets one punch in or some submission move in it's over. Did you see how calm he was punching Tim Sylvia and choking him? He had 0 expression.

I watched the fight again including entrance and post interview. He half-smiled maybe 3 times the whole time. Didn't even jump or scream in victory, just half-raised his arms. Coldddd.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, you will you shut up now?? Again, you prove your TUFer knowledge and it would be best to hold your opinion to yourself.

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
no man. fedor whooped the **** out of hong man choi and that fool was 7'3 or something. Fedor will dominate lesnar. Lesnar is only 6'3 and fedor is 6'1. lesnar is a joke comapred to most heavyweights. but lesnar does weigh about 280. Hes huge but hes slow and has no experience. My money will always be on fedor.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hes not a joke or slow homo. he just has a lot to learn. most of these guys have huge amature backgrounds and a bunch of fights under their belts. i think fedor would win but i dont think you can bash lesner like that

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
no man. fedor whooped the **** out of hong man choi and that fool was 7'3 or something. Fedor will dominate lesnar. Lesnar is only 6'3 and fedor is 6'1. lesnar is a joke comapred to most heavyweights. but lesnar does weigh about 280. Hes huge but hes slow and has no experience. My money will always be on fedor.
you are an idiot for that retarded post. consider yourself lucky i dont bombard you with negs right now. Lesnar and Hongmanchoi? Thats not even a good comparison. Lesnar no experience? yeah :eek:k:....

I was just trying to ruffle up some feathers from the fedor boys around here.

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
how is that post retarded? and yeah. lesnar only had 3 mma bouts fool. they guys is just huge. no experience and hong man choi retarded looking ass would dismantle lesnar. and i did bash lesnar like that.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how is that post retarded? and yeah. lesnar only had 3 mma bouts fool. they guys is just huge. no experience and hong man choi retarded looking ass would dismantle lesnar. and i did bash lesnar like that.
retarded because lesnar has been wrestling for like how long?....like forever.

hong man choi would get owned by lesnar, come on lets get real that big choi wouldnt take a punch from lesnar, :wtf: :27:

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Also lesnar isn't slow That ****er is very quick especially at 280.

So what does everyone think about fedor's KO against AA. He knocked that dude out in mid air lol. That was great. The card had a lot of great fights def worth the $50 to watch. Just watching fedor fight anyone is worth $50.

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
I have experience in wrestling. In high school and middle. im jsut saying Lesnar has size, ill agree with the wrestling of course and power. No technical skills though man. He is still vary sloppy when hes on his feet and when he is on top (while onthe ground), from what ive noticed he keeps them down and doesnt get the submission, just lays on top of them, but it works for him I guess... But AA was throwing the punches and to be honest I was kinda thinking he could have a chance. But Fedor has good hands too. He stoop up with cro-cop and thats pretty impressive in my book. As for fedor and Lesnar, i still honestly think fedor would win, mainly because Fedor crushed M. coleman twice and he was a very impressive wrestler with pretty decent size.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think you realized what Lesnar does have. He has size, speed, athleticism of guys much smaller. Add in the wrestling background and he is fairly solid. His stand up is better and improving. To say Choi beats him, shows your lack of MMA understanding.

With that said, I like Lesnar a great deal, and think his future is exceptionally bright, but it wouldnt be fair to put him in there with fedor, not yet

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jswain34 Supplement Logs 18
MMA 13
flobot MMA 110