UFC 92 Picks

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. UFC 92 Picks


    The full card; same rules as usual.

    Main Card:
    -Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Frank Mir
    -Forrest Griffin (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rashad Evans (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
    -Quinton Jackson (#2 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Wanderlei Silva (#6 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
    -Mostapha Al Turk vs. Cheick Kongo
    -C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami (#5 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Dean Lister
    -Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy
    -Ryo Chonan vs. Brad Blackburn
    -Pat Barry vs. Dan Evensen
    -Antoni Hardonk vs. Mike Wessel
    M.Ed. Ex Phys



  2. Is it sad that I get more nervous when Wand fights than when I do?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The full card; same rules as usual.

    Main Card:
    -Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Frank Mir
    -Forrest Griffin (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rashad Evans (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
    -Quinton Jackson (#2 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Wanderlei Silva (#6 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
    -Mostapha Al Turk vs. Cheick Kongo
    -C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami (#5 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Dean Lister
    -Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy
    -Ryo Chonan vs. Brad Blackburn
    -Pat Barry vs. Dan Evensen
    -Antoni Hardonk vs. Mike Wessel
    I will throw mine in

    Hardonk by KO rd2
    Chonnen by sub rd 1
    Hamill by boring u.decision
    Okami TKO rd 2
    Dollaway via sub rd 1
    Kongo via tko rd 2
    Silva via TKO rd 3
    Nog TKO rd 2 (early)
    Evans via TKO rd 3

    I am torn on the FOrrest/Rashad fight. My feeling is that if Evans can be explosive early he will win within the first 3 rounds. However, if it goes past that, Forrest will wear him down
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page
    •   
       


  4. I'll man up and post my predictions

    Mir over Nng, but for me it's a coin toss. I like them both and just not sure. I haven't seen their most recent fight for either.

    Silva over Jackson

    Rashad over Griffin

    and the rest I don't care
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  5. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I'll man up and post my predictions

    Mir over Nng, but for me it's a coin toss. I like them both and just not sure. I haven't seen their most recent fight for either.

    Silva over Jackson

    Rashad over Griffin

    and the rest I don't care
    How the hell do you not care about Wand/Page? Have you seen their previous wars?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  6. Main Card:
    -Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 3rd rounnd tko
    -Rashad Evans tko round three
    -Wanderlei Silva round two tko
    -Cheick Kongo round two tko
    -Mike Massenzio dec

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami dec
    -Matt Hamill dec
    -Brad Blackburn round two sub
    -Pat Barry rounf 1 ko
    -Antoni Hardonk tko round 1

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    How the hell do you not care about Wand/Page? Have you seen their previous wars?

    If you are talking about Silva and Jackson then look above. I picked Silva. If you are referring to someone else then no I haven't seen them fight or do not realize it.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  8. -Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by Sub (please make it happen)
    -Forrest Griffin by DEC
    -Wanderlei Silva by KO
    -Mustapha by DEC
    -C.B. Dollaway by DEC
    -Yushin Okami by DEC
    -Matt Hamill by DEC
    -Ryo Chonan by DEC
    -Pat Barry by KO
    -Antoni Hardonk by TKO

    I haven't done one of these in a long time. Hopefully I'll be lucky here.

    Rodja, I get nervous when Wandy fights, too...and I feel the same way when Rampage fights. I really like both guys, but it should be a great fight.
    Last edited by Beowulf; 12-27-2008 at 01:33 PM.

  9. Winners are Nog, Griffin and Silva for the main fights.

  10. Nog Ko 3rd, Griffen Ko 4th, Rampage ko 1st

  11. Nog by tko/sub in the 2nd. Wand by tko in the 3rd. Rashad by tko in the 3rd.

  12. Some of you guys are missing the point of this thread. It's contest with a point system to see who guesses the outcomes the best.

    Could somebody who usually participates in these throw up the rules? I never partake, so I can't remember he exact ins and outs of the point system.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  13. Winner is 2 points, method of victory is 1 point, tiebreaker is time for main event (I assume it's Nog/Mir).

    EDIT: Main event is Forrest/Rashad. Time of victory is tiebreaker.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  14. Ah I see
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  15. Jackson over Silva
    Evans over Griffin
    Nog over Mir

    I know they rn't the sexiest picks but I sure hope Rampage knocks out Silva. Hoepfully Rampage can end it with knees because I can't stand Silva. Evans impresses me everytime I watch him. The TUF coaches match doesn't really do anything for me. I don't care who wins to much.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    Jackson over Silva
    Evans over Griffin
    Nog over Mir

    I know they rn't the sexiest picks but I sure hope Rampage knocks out Silva. Hoepfully Rampage can end it with knees because I can't stand Silva. Evans impresses me everytime I watch him. The TUF coaches match doesn't really do anything for me. I don't care who wins to much.
    God all 127 lbs of you sucks at life..........

  17. Rampage by knees, you got it backwards, the only thing you missed was the axe kicks.

    I picked rashad to but if it was for money i would change my choice to a forrest by dec. BUT rashad is undefeated, didnt help koshcheck when he ran into st. pierre tho.

    Quote Originally Posted by robdog
    God all 127 lbs of you sucks at life..........
    Dude its 130 now. lol. sorry gotti.

  18. Sorry, here it goes, but it seems some are still too afraid to put themselves out there.


    - Mir over Nog by submission (I'm kinda hoping 4 KO(I like both tough)
    -Rashad Evans by KO
    -Wanderlei Silva by KO
    -Kongo by TKO
    -Mike Massenzio by decision

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami by decision (are you kidding me this fight will suck)
    -Matt Hamill by decision (I don't not care I like Hamill!!)
    -Ryo Chonan by decision
    -Dan Evensen by submission (this fight will most likely suck as well)
    -Antoni Hardonk by decision (possible by submission)
    Last edited by CopyCat; 12-27-2008 at 06:31 AM. Reason: eddited Mir over Nog by sub instead decision
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  19. RODJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Luv ya man, but you started this thread so I'm callin' you out!!! Name your pics bro!

    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  20. Be advised Rodja your my boy and when there is an MMA Q, your the first I look to, but I know you ain't no bitch and not afraid to rock the boat so post your pics b4 the fight....hahahahha..luv a man, peace!
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  21. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    God all 127 lbs of you sucks at life..........

    Is that a picture of you and your girl...dogrob?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Is that a picture of you and your girl...dogrob?
    Love is blind lucy you 130lb bag of sex appeal

  23. Main Card:
    -Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Frank Mir-TKO
    -Forrest Griffin (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rashad Evans (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)*-Dec
    -Quinton Jackson (#2 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Wanderlei Silva (#6 Light Heavyweight in the World)*-TKO
    -Mostapha Al Turk vs. Cheick Kongo-Dec
    -C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio-Sub

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami (#5 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Dean Lister-TKO
    -Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy-Dec
    -Ryo Chonan vs. Brad Blackburn-TKO
    -Pat Barry vs. Dan Evensen-KO
    -Antoni Hardonk vs. Mike Wessel-Dec

    A couple of these picks I had to go with my gut instead of my heart. My upset pick (and the line for him is great) is Al-Turk to defeat Kongo. Kongo has no ground game and Al-Turk is a solid GnP'er.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  24. Hey Rodja, you put the time for Mino/Mir. Shouldn't it be for Griffin/Evans?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    -Dan Evensen by submission (this fight will most likely suck as well)
    FYI, Pat Barry is a vicious, technical kickboxer and Evensen is a brawler. Doesn't look good for Evensen. Barry is someone to watch out for in a few years if he can adapt the ground game. He's very athletic, so he has potential.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    God all 127 lbs of you sucks at life..........
    Thats a good one dog, what are you an 18yr old or something?..and how does my life suck? because i think rashad is fun to watch? or because i think silva comes off as ignorant in his interviews, looking at his ugly mug forces me to root against him so someone beats him so bad someone has to do plastic surgery to make him look normal (maybe they'll even remove that mike tyson tattoo off the back of his skull) or because i think rampage is the man?

  27. Silva is vicious, but he is the definition of a warrior. People love him b/c he is the epitome of why many fans watch MMA--to see courage in action. You'll never see Wandy back down from one challenge for one second. When Mirko demolished his eye, Wand kept the all-out attack going. If you've read A Fighter's Heart by Sam Sheridan you'll see that Wandy fits Sheridan's definition perfectly.

    Before his string of failures he seemed untouchable. Beyond that, he is supposed to be a great human being. Why do you think he is so dedicated to helping Forrest train. After he fought Liddell he was seen offering any help needed to Anderson and Machida.

    Wandy has a great attitude, but Brazilians don't take trash talk well. Rampage talks a lot of trash, though he does it jokingly. Wandy doesn't get his sense of humor.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Hey Rodja, you put the time for Mino/Mir. Shouldn't it be for Griffin/Evans?
    Whoops.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  29. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    Thats a good one dog, what are you an 18yr old or something?..and how does my life suck? because i think rashad is fun to watch? or because i think silva comes off as ignorant in his interviews, looking at his ugly mug forces me to root against him so someone beats him so bad someone has to do plastic surgery to make him look normal (maybe they'll even remove that mike tyson tattoo off the back of his skull) or because i think rampage is the man?
    How does he come off as ignorant? He has a hard time with the language and there is a bit of a cultural barrier, but everyone always says that he is one of the most kind, gracious, and courageous fighters. I highly doubt than any other non-HW would take on Mark Hunt on 4 days notice.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  30. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira > mir
    Forrest Griffin >Rashad
    Rampage> Wanderlei

  31. it's not that he can't speak english, it's the way he says it, most fighters talk a gang of crap but come off as being hungry for the fight, it just seems when he says it that he think's he's gods gift to MMA, which isn't the case or he wouldn't have a 2-3 record in his last 5 fights, his days are past him and maybe he is a good guy but in this fight i'm rooting against him

  32. Where are Alex and Jas?

  33. Alex is probably still nursing an egg nog hangover. Not sure where Jas is though.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  34. lol, The contest structure went to the dumps a bit on this one.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    lol, The contest structure went to the dumps a bit on this one.
    Some people just can't read. Props to the US education system
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  36. Hah! I would throw mine up, but do not feel like disgracing myself. I have been lacking in my MMA-love as of late.

  37. -Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira sub
    -Forrest Griffin Dec
    -Wanderlei Silva TKO
    -Mostapha Al Turk Dec
    Mike Massenzio Sub

    Preliminary Bouts:
    -Yushin Okami Dec
    -Matt Hamill TKO
    -Ryo Chonan Sub
    -Pat Barry (T)KO
    -Antoni Hardonk TKO

    DB2000

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    FYI, Pat Barry is a vicious, technical kickboxer and Evensen is a brawler. Doesn't look good for Evensen. Barry is someone to watch out for in a few years if he can adapt the ground game. He's very athletic, so he has potential.

    Hope your right
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Hey Rodja, you put the time for Mino/Mir. Shouldn't it be for Griffin/Evans?

    Oh yeah, my bad

    Evans within 2 min of 2nd round
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  40. Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Is that a picture of you and your girl...dogrob?
    Who let the troll in here?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Top music picks for the gym
    By packers6211 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
  2. UFC 74 Picks Contest!
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 11:40 AM
  3. UFC 71 Picks contest
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 04:48 PM
  4. UFC 69 Picks Contest
    By size in forum MMA
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Log in
Log in