Boxing News Thread

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Steve "The Canadian Kid" Molitor loses IBF jr. flyweight championship belt.

Lost...more like schooled. Molitor, who was hyped to be a fast and slick boxer got out boxed and TKO'd within 4 rounds by a more experienced Celestino Caballero (WBA champion.)

If you guys want to see how a good boxer toys with an opponent of lesser caliber,this is the fight to watch.

TheStar.com | Boxing | Is Molitor's future down for the count?

Julio R

Awards
damn almost everybody i talk to wants De La Hoya to get destroyed in this fight.

LactoseLou

:bruce2: pacman is the boxing version of bruce lee too bad oscar is too big for him.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
This is true but if Pac fights a smart fight and does body shots instead of head hunting, he has a chance.
:bruce2: pacman is the boxing version of bruce lee too bad oscar is too big for him.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Dela Hoya is washed up. I think paq will beat him.

LactoseLou

Dela Hoya is washed up. I think paq will beat him.
Doubt it De La Hoya is 35 and never been in any wars the guy will have easy work with pacman. I mean if Bernard hopkins at 44 could work and school a young 26 year old pavlik I am pretty sure oscar will have easy work with the little pacman.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Floyd would have killed Saturday nights Dela Hoya at 147... but they fought at 160.

Floyd at 160 is at least 15 pounds over his optimal weight.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doubt it De La Hoya is 35 and never been in any wars the guy will have easy work with pacman. I mean if Bernard hopkins at 44 could work and school a young 26 year old pavlik I am pretty sure oscar will have easy work with the little pacman.
Was that suppose to support your point or.....? Oscar's never been in any wars, thus, he will make easy work of Pacman? :think:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pacquiao beats De La Hoya to a pulp in 8 rounds.

Pacquiao batters De La Hoya into submission

Possible upcomin fights for Pacman: vs. Hatton at 140 or vs. Mayweather at 147.

Remember, even Mayweather couldn't stop De La Hoya. He fought a semi-close decision.
That was a great fight. Both guys ended with class. Oscar was a graceful loser, no excuses, no attitude and Pac was a humble winner. I like it when fighters show class.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Money May vs Pacman. Thats what I want to see. As long as Floyd fights like he did when he was younger. I want him to fight for a KO, not a sound technical victory.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Would love to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao at 140 or 147. That would be sweet !:duel:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Would love to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao at 140 or 147. That would be sweet !:duel:
I believe if this fight is made - it would likely be at 147, unless Pacquao elected to give up a substantial amount of his purse (60/40 Mayweather / Pac)...

Though I would love to see Money again at 140. Its been 3 years, but he is just BEAUTIFUL at that weight as evidenced by his destruction of Arturo Gatti the last time he was there.

Either weight I believe Floyd takes Pacquao out... 5 rounds at 147, and 8 rounds at 140.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
I think it would be a 12 rounder fo sho. Both are hard to hit and extremely quick. At any rate, fun to watch.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Mayweather straight right would give Pacman problems IMO.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I'm w/ Pacquiao on this one TKO 10
I believe if this fight is made - it would likely be at 147, unless Pacquao elected to give up a substantial amount of his purse (60/40 Mayweather / Pac)...

Though I would love to see Money again at 140. Its been 3 years, but he is just BEAUTIFUL at that weight as evidenced by his destruction of Arturo Gatti the last time he was there.

Either weight I believe Floyd takes Pacquao out... 5 rounds at 147, and 8 rounds at 140.