My MMA journey: Redux - AnabolicMinds.com

My MMA journey: Redux

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My MMA journey: Redux

After a lot of thinking and even more nights of boredom and aimlessness, I have made a major, major decision regarding my current circumstances. I will not be attending the Spring semester for grad school; I am not withdrawing, just not attending for the Spring. It has just not met my expectations and it is hurting my motivation to study. During my sabbatical, I am going to return to the cage to hopefully get 3-4 fights from January-June. I already have my first one lined up for January 24th in Austin, TX for a promotion called the XFC.
    However, this will not be at 170 lbs, I am dropping down to 155 because it is a better fit for my frame. I haven't fought at this weight before, but I was supposed to last November until my opponent got hurt and the replacement was at 170. Anywho, I have 10 weeks to go from ~185 to ~170. I will be able to slough off 7 lbs or so through tightening of diet and getting back to training full-time. It will not be very easy, but I know that I can get there. I could probably cut down from 175 if need be, but I am aiming lower to make it a little easier.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Wow, good luck!

@ 5'10" you'll be fairly tall for 155 without being too thin. I regularly spar w/ a 6'2" 170 guy in boxing and he's thinking of dropping to 155 and competing but he seems to be stretched out too much already at 170.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post
    Wow, good luck!

@ 5'10" you'll be fairly tall for 155 without being too thin. I regularly spar w/ a 6'2" 170 guy in boxing and he's thinking of dropping to 155 and competing but he seems to be stretched out too much already at 170.
    I will easily be about 175 come fight time.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Are you going to post a log on your training? I want to follow your cardio routines
  5. New Member

good luck man u going to have any of ur fights filmed so we can see u throwdown
  6. Banned

I have asked you this before but never got an answer, what gym do you train out of? and where is it at?
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Nice, man! I wish you a lot of luck, and if there's a place to watch the fight, let us know.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I will easily be about 175 come fight time.
    Are going to try a practice cut during training? That seems like a lot to cut, but you aren't the type to approach things in an uneducated manner so I'm sure you have it under control.

As resident eternal grad student, I can tell you that grad school isn't always what you expect, and it's even worse if you are doing research. A lot of people lose the drive or interest along the way. You're young and have the goal of fighting. This is the appropriate age to try it as your body can take a pounding and you don't have a family and kids as I recall. Good luck!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

How old are you anyways Rodja?
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
    I have asked you this before but never got an answer, what gym do you train out of? and where is it at?
    I train out of Soladarity MMA in San Marcos, TX.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Banned

I train out of Soladarity MMA in San Marcos, TX.

wait did the school newspaper down there do an article on you? I was just down there and saw that in Texas State's newsletter or some kind of publiction on campus.

anyway, good luck on your decision man. I have taken several breaks from school. I just can't do it for too long. I will get my degree eventually lol
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

wait did the school newspaper down there do an article on you? I was just down there and saw that in Texas State's newsletter or some kind of publiction on campus.

anyway, good luck on your decision man. I have taken several breaks from school. I just can't do it for too long. I will get my degree eventually lol
    That was actually the dude that I fought in July.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Banned

no ****e. So how did that one go? According to the paper he is the best things since sliced bread. What was his name? Maybe I could find that fight on youtube or something.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

no ****e. So how did that one go? According to the paper he is the best things since sliced bread. What was his name? Maybe I could find that fight on youtube or something.

FYI, he didn't break his leg in the fight, he chipped his talus for like the 5th time.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

Nice to see I came back to the forum just in time to see a log of interest. Good luck Rodja, and I'll be checking in.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    Nice to see I came back to the forum just in time to see a log of interest. Good luck Rodja, and I'll be checking in.
    Holy sh!t, look who dropped by...how's training going for you, Ubi?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

Holy sh!t, look who dropped by...how's training going for you, Ubi?
    Yeah man, I've been kind of MIA from the board. My BJJ training has been excellent. I'm having more fun with that than anything else. My weight training has been more or less at maintenance. I guess my priorities switched. I was injuring myself a lot when I was training BJJ alongside heavy training, so I pulled the intensity back and things are better now.

How did you tailor your split to coincide with your training?
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Which one are you?

FYI, he didn't break his leg in the fight, he chipped his talus for like the 5th time.

Similar Forum Threads

1. IBE-Redux.com Does anyone have contact with them?
    By Northcutts in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 11:03 PM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
  3. Lipo Redux/Anabolic Pump/Napalm
    By pizzathehut in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 03:16 AM
  4. T1's 3-AD TESTER LOG REDUX(SPONSORED)
    By Trauma1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 461
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 05:05 PM