Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar De La Hoya

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
This obviously isn't an MMA topic but both are still worth discussing because they are great fighters.

Who will win and why?

Pacquiao is P4P best fighter in the world of boxing. Oscar De La Hoya is a legend.

Oscar will be fighting at ~160 lbs. come fight night w/ Manny coming in at ~145-150. The fight is officially sanctioned for 147 lbs.

I'm rooting for Pacquiao because I believe he's as fast if not faster than Floyd Mayweather hand-speed wise and has power punches that rival much heavier fighters.

Oscar on the other hand is +15 lbs....and has an indestructible chin.

Regardless of the outcome, I believe that De La Hoya lost by challenging someone 3-4 weight divisions lighter than him.

What do you guys think?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dehoya is good and has experience. I watched the fight with Vargas in 02-03 when Vargas tested for winny i think after the fight. de la hoya is good. Age is creeping up. (he still has it though and all things are possible with him, its up to him)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pacquiao is unreal. De la Hoya "IS" a legend, but he's definitely NOT unreal. The ONLY thing Oscar has going into his fight with Pacquiao is the weight advantage.

knucks3man

Awards
De la Hoya is overrated to me.....VERY.

There is a huge weight diff. though. Pac is a natural 130lb fighter....I still think Pac is going to completely clown De La Hoya, but if some how Oscar can find a way to use his size and clinch up n grope in the early rounds, he may have a chance in the late rounds with his power. Pac has never been hit with a natural 160lb fighters punch.

knucks3man

Awards
O and BTW, no matter who wins, Oscar is weak minded, an a coward. He chose to fight Pac who is sooo much smaller, and he actually has a fighters chance of winning.

Now, Margirito.....the person who earned the right to fight him, an is his own size!!!....now thats a diff story.

Oscar = Fag

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
O and BTW, no matter who wins, Oscar is weak minded, an a coward. He chose to fight Pac who is sooo much smaller, and he actually has a fighters chance of winning.

Now, Margirito.....the person who earned the right to fight him, an is his own size!!!....now thats a diff story.

Oscar = Fag
thats not cool. anyways... when is the fight and where? PPV

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate how Oscar forgets he's in a fight and not at training camp. He's always busy doing agility drills in the middle of his fights.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Dec. 7, MGM

The fact that Pac's never taken a 160lbser. punch might factor in the equation but De La Hoya, like in his close fight w/ Mayweather, may just resort to hit & run.

Because of their height/weight difference, De La Hoya has !~6"! reach advantage. The problem I see for Pac is if De La Hoya utilizes his jab to keep him at bay.

The only way I see Pac KO'ing someone w/ such a hard head as De La Hoya is if he can somehow corner him. De La Hoya is no David Diaz but he's no Juan Manuel Marquez either (who's so technically skilled that he can nullify most of Pac's moves,)at his age.

Whatever happens, I think it's going to be an interesting and exciting fight. Pacquiao's fights always are.
thats not cool. anyways... when is the fight and where? PPV

knucks3man

Awards
De La Hoya may have a decent chin, but his body is vunerable, as seen in his B Hop fight, when Hopkins melted him. And I dint consider Maywhether v Oscar close, the cards said so, but Floyd gave him a lesson.

Its just the fact that Margirito beat up Miguel Cotto, and now Oscar ducks him to fight a MUCH smaller opponent....not cool.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Mayweather gave him a lesson in Boxing but didn't hurt him at all like he did Hatton.

There was not a single instance in that fight that De La Hoya looked seriously hurt or rocked.

Yeah Margarito should be the next up but I guess it's all politics.

My idea of a dream fight if Pac wins is Pac vs. Mayweather.
More similar weights and Totally different styles. Power vs. Finesse (Not saying that Mayweather has no power but like Anderson Silva, his main strength is accuracy and quantity of totally clean & crisp hits he lands..)

De La Hoya may have a decent chin, but his body is vunerable, as seen in his B Hop fight, when Hopkins melted him. And I dint consider Maywhether v Oscar close, the cards said so, but Floyd gave him a lesson.

Its just the fact that Margirito beat up Miguel Cotto, and now Oscar ducks him to fight a MUCH smaller opponent....not cool.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Oscar's gonna come in +15-20lbs. over Pacman. I'm just wondering if that might prove to be too much..

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I gotta go with Pacman on this one. I feel he is faster and has a lot more heart to win. I think Oscar will get frustrated after 5-6 rounds. Pacman will keep the pressure on him and keep the pace up and win.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Tomorrow's the night!! Anybody have hacked links to the PPV? I need to stay home and study damnit and it's $55 to order in PPV.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I hope you guys are watching, **** YEAHHHHH PACMANNNNNNN'S AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Rwarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs Speed Over Power Baby!!!! Pacman Wins Tko 8!!!!!! ****ing Experts Are >all< Wrong!!!!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Wow! I didn't watch the fight live but I had a feeling it was going to go this way. Man, I think the Phillipines are going to make Pac the new KING! LOL.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
No Doubt! Talks of Him vs. Floyd Mayweather is next since Mayweather barely defeated De La Hoya. Hatton could be a pre-fight to that one.

Regardless of his next fights, Pacquiao has just boxed his way to the Hall of Fame FOR SURE. Even Larry Merchant was speechless but compared Pacquiao to Henry Armstrong, a legendary 1930's boxer that destroyed all fighters facing him regardless of weight class/ height etc. (<--That's what I call a True fighter.)

Wow! I didn't watch the fight live but I had a feeling it was going to go this way. Man, I think the Phillipines are going to make Pac the new KING! LOL.

knucks3man

Awards
De La Hoya is a joke, and has been his whole career. And, Maywhether did not BARELY beat De La Hoya lol......

He completely schooled him the entire fight, start to finish. De La Hoya just managed to last all 12 rounds.

Pac will fight Hatton most likely, but Floyd would bring in the big money.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
No Doubt! Talks of Him vs. Floyd Mayweather is next since Mayweather barely defeated De La Hoya. Hatton could be a pre-fight to that one.

Regardless of his next fights, Pacquiao has just boxed his way to the Hall of Fame FOR SURE. Even Larry Merchant was speechless but compared Pacquiao to Henry Armstrong, a legendary 1930's boxer that destroyed all fighters facing him regardless of weight class/ height etc. (<--That's what I call a True fighter.)
Floyd fought DeLa Hoya at 160 - whole different ballgame.

Floyd would knock Pacquaio silly.

Loved him kicking the crap out of Oscar though. I called that one months ago.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I doubt Floyd will knock Pacquiao around. The old Pacquiao yes but this Pacman is way "dodgier" and doesn't rush in like say, Hatton.

You are one of the few though that called it right. 21/23 experts in Ring magazine called it dead wrong LOL.

knucks3man

Awards
I thought the fight was an easy call....De La Hoya has choked in the big fight his entire career.....nobody should be surprised.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I doubt Floyd will knock Pacquiao around. The old Pacquiao yes but this Pacman is way "dodgier" and doesn't rush in like say, Hatton.

You are one of the few though that called it right. 21/23 experts in Ring magazine called it dead wrong LOL.
I just don't buy the Dela Hoya hype... He was a talented fighter at best - no where near HOF caliber.

That said, I still get 21 out of 23 fights wrong. :lol: