In what round will Mir gas?

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Since he is apparently now so big into conditioning, in what round will his fat ass gas and get destroyed? I say somewhere around the 3 minute mark of round 1. Opinions? The fact that this fight is even happening is an insult to Nog and MMA fans in general. Not trying to rant, but of all the people who deserve a title shot at the #2 HW in the world, Mir is certainly not one of them. Nog is in a totally different league than Mir.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Mir will Never be able to submit Nogueira either.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
If a good matchup exists for Mir its a rookie to mma, if there is a bad matchup for Mir its nog.

E

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Nog doesn't push a furious or even quick pace so if it goes to the ground there is likely to be a stalemate. I think Mir can probably make it into the second round before his tank is empty.

And leave it to the UFC to **** things up again. Couture/Lesnar vs Nog/Mir winners. Randy has poor luck against big HWs and he lacks KO power or even decent subs so I'm not sure he can last 5 rounds with Brock. So we'll likely see Brock vs Nog and the winner facing Fedor, if they can even sign him. So Nog vs Fedor again with a predictable outcome.

DaTruthMMA

DaTruthMMA

Awards
I think Nog knows Mir's capabilities and I'm pretty sure he has seen Mir's fights and knows that if he pushes the pace and continues an attack on Mir it will eventually gas him. I see Mir gassing in the 3rd round and getting TKO via strikes in the early 4th.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I think Couture might get destroyed by Brock Lesnar. He's no Kimbo Slice that's for sure. Being #1 wrestler in America before !Undefeated! is no youtube street fight.
And leave it to the UFC to **** things up again. Couture/Lesnar vs Nog/Mir winners. Randy has poor luck against big HWs and he lacks KO power or even decent subs so I'm not sure he can last 5 rounds with Brock. So we'll likely see Brock vs Nog and the winner facing Fedor, if they can even sign him. So Nog vs Fedor again with a predictable outcome.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldnt be surprised to see Mir stopped early on his feet. He has little to no chine a la the Vera fight.

Also, as much as I would love to see Randy win, what does he have against Brock?

And if Brock wins, does that make him a top 10 heavyweight? My god, it probably does, man the MMA world is a little out of whack for me

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I would expect odds to be in Lesnar's favor. He's really a monster.

That's the fun thing about MMA though, Anybody Can/May Win. Randy's old too so that's a good excuse if he loses.

On the other hand, there are still a lot of 'constantly' good fighters out there like Noguiera, GSP, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Gomi, etc..I esp. like Noguiera cuz he's the epitomy of a BJJ fighter. Gets beaten to a pulp most of the time but Always wins in the end.

M

michael021875

Awards
I think it is way to early to count Randy out! Brock may be a great wrestler and has good size on him but I just feel that he is still a little wet behind the ears in MMA. Everyone wanted to count Randy out with Silva but he deliverd a very nice supprise as I am sure that he will do with Brock. As far as Mir goes I personally think that the only sport he would have any chance against Nog in is a world championship narcissism bout.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I think Noguiera will lose a narcissism contest lol

That guy's so humble! Not like a typical BJJ practitioner at all In my Own opinion.

I've always found them to be more arrogant and proud than their MT counterparts.

The humblest and most dangerous fighters though are pure Boxers. Those guys will talk softly until you really, really cross the line. And good luck hitting a boxer in a street fight lol.

M

michael021875

Awards
yes, Nog really does have a very modest personality. Mir however seems to be his own biggest fan. I hate that about some fighters. If they are good enough their reputation will speak a lot louder than their arrogance.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I know people here hate hearing about TUF (although I don't know why cuz budding fighters should have TUF as one of their primary goals to attain...) but Mir actually said in one episode that he's 3x the athlete Noguiera is.

That's just pure unsubstantiated BS to me Lol. Noguiera has beaten Horn, Coleman, Schilt, Henderson, Werdum, Tim Sylvia, AND survived FEDOR ---- THRICE. (Pretty much a who's who of his generation, past and present.)

Who has Mir beaten? Tim Sylvia, ?Tank ABbott? Lesnar (Which he almost got beat down to a pulp..) And got beaten by Brandon Vera decisively.

The resumes just don't match. If Mir has even fought Fedor ONCE then I'll respect him like I respect Nog.

Edit: And yeah, I watch TUF...damnit...I hope Krystof wins because he's Canadian hehehehe. Junie too because despite all his BS that guy's got skills.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
It won't matter because Nog will choke him out before he even gets winded.

I find it amusing how Mir reffered to himself as an "athlete" and compared his athleticism to Noguiera.

Mir is a has been.

Matter of fact, he never was. He's got a solid ground game.

His chin sucks, his gas tank is non existent, his hands are atrocious, he has zero wrestling.

Noguiera will submit him or TKO him in the first round

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
It won't matter because Nog will choke him out before he even gets winded.

I find it amusing how Mir reffered to himself as an "athlete" and compared his athleticism to Noguiera.

Mir is a has been.

Matter of fact, he never was. He's got a solid ground game.

His chin sucks, his gas tank is non existent, his hands are atrocious, he has zero wrestling.

Noguiera will submit him or TKO him in the first round
Man this is what ive been saying, he's a bum. If a guy lays it on a platter mir can do something with it but thats pretty well it.

E

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
After the recent TUF episode I hope Nog punishes Mir.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know people here hate hearing about TUF (although I don't know why cuz budding fighters should have TUF as one of their primary goals to attain...) but Mir actually said in one episode that he's 3x the athlete Noguiera is.

That's just pure unsubstantiated BS to me Lol. Noguiera has beaten Horn, Coleman, Schilt, Henderson, Werdum, Tim Sylvia, AND survived FEDOR ---- THRICE. (Pretty much a who's who of his generation, past and present.)

Who has Mir beaten? Tim Sylvia, ?Tank ABbott? Lesnar (Which he almost got beat down to a pulp..) And got beaten by Brandon Vera decisively.

The resumes just don't match. If Mir has even fought Fedor ONCE then I'll respect him like I respect Nog.

Edit: And yeah, I watch TUF...damnit...I hope Krystof wins because he's Canadian hehehehe. Junie too because despite all his BS that guy's got skills.
He survived Fedor twice; their second match was ruled a NC due to a cut within the opening minute at the final round of the '04 HW GP. They fought again at Shockwave later that year for the GP title and the HW title.

P

Powerfool

Awards
Mir will get submitted before he has even has a chance to gas