Elite XC closing its doors

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It seems that Elite XC has officially closed its doors. It seems at this point all Elite fighters are now available to go elsewhere. Anyone you want to see in the UFC? Lawler again? oh I know, Kimbo :woohoo:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Elite XC is officially washed up? I don't mean figuratively with the Kimbo shannanigan, but literally, or they out of business?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, they're gone.
Wow, I knew Kimbo was keeping them afloat to a major extent, but I didn't know the entire foundation of their federation literally rested on Kimbo's shoulders. Sheeesh!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, I knew Kimbo was keeping them afloat to a major extent, but I didn't know the entire foundation of their federation literally rested on Kimbo's shoulders. Sheeesh!
Even with him, they where slowly dieing off. They tried to accomplish too much too fast.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
This is a shame....It would be great for everyone if there was another viable MMA organization.

holy

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That leaves Strikeforce and Affliction other than the UFC. Hopefully, CBS will try to strike a deal with one of those two.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
cbs and affliction would be good!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
out of the 2 I would like to see Affliction get a TV deal, however, I could see the other 2 eventually fold as well, as the UFC has such a major stanglehold over US MMA

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see lawler,shields,radach,diaz, daley, and bigfoot in the ufc.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Strikeforce seems pretty stable. They have a big following in the Bay area since they highlight local talent so much. They also gaven't tried to rapidly expand or directly compete with the UFC.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think they can make it for a while, my issue is Affliction. They are spending a lot of $$$, and I am curious how long they will last

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
what about the wec? they had some good lighter weight fighters,

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
WEC is owned and operated by Zuffa....same people who own the UFC.

holy

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WEC is owned and operated by Zuffa....same people who own the UFC.

holy
I'm pretty sure that I recently read that the UFC was going to absorb some of the WEC's weight classes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that I recently read that the UFC was going to absorb some of the WEC's weight classes.
The LHW and MW classes, but it's mainly to springboard the lower weight classes and serve as a pipeline for talent. Kinda like a minor leagues for the UFC.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Bad economy I guess. What happened did they lose their deal with cbs and showtime?

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
the kimbo hype machine has epically failed..