If you were me...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And you have trained only a handful of times since July, yet have maintained solid cardio, would you take a fight on 3 weeks notice?

The fighter in me immediately wants to do it, but I have to give it a bit of thought. Would be cool to be on the same card as Rob, though.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And you have trained only a handful of times since July, yet have maintained solid cardio, would you take a fight on 3 weeks notice?

The fighter in me immediately wants to do it, but I have to give it a bit of thought. Would be cool to be on the same card as Rob, though.

If your cardio is there i say go for it. I think the main question is, do you feel confident in your skills having only trained a few times since july.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your cardio is there i say go for it. I think the main question is, do you feel confident in your skills having only trained a few times since july.
Always. The times I have sparred have been solid and it seems like my BJJ has improved somehow during the time off.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always. The times I have sparred have been solid and it seems like my BJJ has improved somehow during the time off.

I say go for it bro.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I would say it depends how you fight. Are you a stamina fighter, or a knock out artist?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
that depends on your opponents record... if they guy is really good and has not lost a fight then you're his next victim...

else go for it!

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
go for it will be good for you get you name out and the promoters will be like damm only 3 weeks and he took it and he still gave it his all weather you win or lose they will respect for that,

3 weeks is along time compared to my brother in law, he took a fight with 4 days notice!!! and won by TKO in the 2nd

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
go for it will be good for you get you name out and the promoters will be like damm only 3 weeks and he took it and he still gave it his all weather you win or lose they will respect for that,

3 weeks is along time compared to my brother in law, he took a fight with 4 days notice!!! and won by TKO in the 2nd
I accepted a fight once 6 hours until weigh-ins. 3 weeks is nothing compared to that, but I haven't been training as regularly as usual.

malou

malou

Awards
go for it tell us the location we ll come c you win (if in tha area )
3 weeks you said yourself is plenty of time
f... him up

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Get stuck in! Bet you'll regret it if you don't!:bruce2:

tattoopierced1

i'd say look at the opponent first. If you feel it is a good matchup and you feel confidant in your skills, go for it. If it is a "sacrificial lamb" type feeling, I wouldnt do it then.

Good luck with whatever you choose though!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Do it buddy, youve already won now its up to you to realise it.

will175

will175

Awards
Rodja I thought you were training longer then that. As tatoo said find out more on your opponent. Then make sure you are mentally there bro. I would say go for it, and start hitting the gym asap. And I would not try and learn anything new just work on what you know and prepare for your opponent (which I know you know).

And Vika808 where do you live and when was your brother fight? :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been training for over 2 years, but my MMA training has been inconsistent as of late. This will be my 7th professional fight.

malou

malou

Awards
go for it .by now you have probably made up your mind hunh ,
so what ur gonna do?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
go for it .by now you have probably made up your mind hunh ,
so what ur gonna do?
Still on the fence, but I found out that they will 3 minutes rds. Just waiting on the promoter to give me an opponent before I decide on my path.

malou

malou

Awards
better decide soon because you are gonna start doubting yourself pretty soon and when that happens don't go
good luck

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
better decide soon because you are gonna start doubting yourself pretty soon and when that happens don't go
good luck
I'm not doubting myself; I am just waiting for my contract.

will175

will175

Awards
I knew I didnt loose my mind, I remember you first posting here when the MMA sub forum first started. Have fun no matter what.