Preliminary Bouts:
-Akihiro Gono vs. Dan Hardy
-David Baron vs. Jim Miller
-Shane Carwin vs. Neil Wain
-Jess Liaudin vs. David Bielkheden
-Sammy Schiavo vs. Per Eklund
-Sam Stout vs. Terry Etim

Thoughts??

I'm taking Bisping by 3rd rd tko, Cane by GnP tko, Vera by ko, Davis by ko, and Taylor by ko. Another KO festival prediction, nothing new. I imagine Lytle will take Taylor down and handle him, but I'd like to see some of Taylor's lightning hands, and Lytle isn't scared to bang. If Vera looks like he did at his debut at 205, he's done, but I think we'll see a different Vera. Looking forward to it especially since its free.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sh*t, I just remembered, Rob, you owe me 50 bucks. Lets go double or nothing??

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Ya I was gonna pm u about that. I agree with you on these picks, but I got Rashad over Forrest. You take?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, you better get right on that Rob. Alex isn't just some b1tch you can push around ;)

Leben by KO in the 3rd
Sok by KO in the 1st
Vera by KO in the 2nd
Davis by KO in the 1st
Lytle by decision :sad:

Hardy by KO
Baron sub
Carwin KO
Bielkheden decision

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah, you better get right on that Rob. Alex isn't just some b1tch you can push around ;)

Leben by KO in the 3rd
Sok by KO in the 1st
Vera by KO in the 2nd
Davis by KO in the 1st
Lytle by decision :sad:

Hardy by KO
Baron sub
Carwin KO
Bielkheden decision
i agree here with the winners. This is one time where i cheer for Leben as if he were my brother, FCK Bispring!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Ya I was gonna pm u about that. I agree with you on these picks, but I got Rashad over Forrest. You take?
Hmm, I tend to think Rashad has a real good chance of beating Forrest, but I'll take you up on that. I'm really aching to lose some money though, so if you want to bet on any fight thats on 89 or 90 let me know.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bisping needs to be careful. He needs to stay technically sound against Leben or he will go to sleep

I am real interested in how Vera looks against Jardine. I think Vera should win, if he doesnt he could be gone for a while

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, I tend to think Rashad has a real good chance of beating Forrest, but I'll take you up on that. I'm really aching to lose some money though, so if you want to bet on any fight thats on 89 or 90 let me know.
How do you think Rashad beats Forrest? I see Forrest outpointing him by using a pick-apart from the outside strategy.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think he might take Forrest down quite a bit, and oupoint him, but it is 5 rounds. I think Forrest will win really, I'm takin the bet.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
rashad knows hes going to do that so i say rashad wins and then forrest cries after even tho i love forrest way more that rashad.

shane carwin is a freakin animal!

i say bisping wins due to strikes to the cornrows and vera wins by a kick to the ugly chin hair

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bisping fought a smart fight, but at the end of the day, ther is no one at 185 currently in the UFC to challenge Anderson. Maybe with some discussions with Akiyama, but even then I would not be confident. He might need to move to 205 permanently

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I've been promoting Akiyama since day 1, but he can't beat Anderson. Anderson at 205 permanently would be amazing. Then a p4p debate squasher retirement bout against Fedor. Hey, I can dream.

p.s. Fedor smashes him easy

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that Fedor kills him, he is too much bigger naturally. I think he needs to move up personally or else 185 is a joke. Frnaklin/Hendo winner v. Bisping. Hell, those will be teh next TUF coaches anyway

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Aleks, that picture is disturbing. You obviously bleached your hair blonde.

I think Anderson and Fedor actually walk at similar weights. I've heard Anderson walks around 220.

Carwin is definitely an animal, though he hasn't really been challenged yet. He should be a great matchup against Lesnar. I wouldn't want to ref that fight. BJM is the only man who could break those guys up.

Vera was a big disappointment. He seems to have lost the killer instinct, and he's lost 3 of 4. The UFC is definitely overpaying him. His only value is he draws the Phillipino fans, and is likely to headline that card in the Spring.

Luiz Cane is a beast. I can't wait to see him fight more top guys. If they reschedule him against T. Silva, that should be a great fight. I think Cane takes it, he has better standup technique.

Lytle and Taylor stole the show. Even though he loses a lot, I'm a huge Taylor fan. His technique is so crisp. Lytle vs. Davis should be a great fight if they put it together. That's a hard one to call. Marcus has the sharper technique. He looked great last night, too.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think Fedor is only about 15 pounds bigger than Anderson, and thats really just fat. I just think Fedor would sling Anderson to the ground and pound him out, hell he might even choose to beat Anderson standing. Yes, my Fedor love is still out of control.

Carwin/Lesnar would be an awesome fight, 2 true heavyweights with good wrestling and big power in their hands. Bring back BJM for that fight, like Beo said.

I like Taylor a lot as well. Seems like he's on the brink of being really good. I thought he might finish Lytle close to the end of the fight, but Lytle is a tough savvy dude.

Sokoudjou is turning out to be the new Vitor. He's incredibly talented, but he just seems to fold easily. And yeah, Cane is a beast.

And Beo, thats actually a picture of Mullet after his summer lean bulk.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I think Fedor is only about 15 pounds bigger than Anderson, and thats really just fat. I just think Fedor would sling Anderson to the ground and pound him out, hell he might even choose to beat Anderson standing. Yes, my Fedor love is still out of control.

Carwin/Lesnar would be an awesome fight, 2 true heavyweights with good wrestling and big power in their hands. Bring back BJM for that fight, like Beo said.

I like Taylor a lot as well. Seems like he's on the brink of being really good. I thought he might finish Lytle close to the end of the fight, but Lytle is a tough savvy dude.

Sokoudjou is turning out to be the new Vitor. He's incredibly talented, but he just seems to fold easily. And yeah, Cane is a beast.
Sokoudjou is an athletic beast with so much promise to deliver exciting fights! Unfortunately, he really seems unable to implement a solid game plan.

And Beo, thats actually a picture of Mullet after his summer lean bulk.
I'm parked at about 190 steady now, and after what you made your summer sound like, that probably looks more like you than me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sokoudjou is an athletic beast with so much promise to deliver exciting fights! Unfortunately, he really seems unable to implement a solid game plan.

I'm parked at about 190 steady now, and after what you made your summer sound like, that probably looks more like you than me.
:sick:True. I'm in bad shape man. I still weigh about 225, but I'm ahhhh, weak as hell. I tried to workout the other day for the first time in a long time and I could only do like 15 bw dips and 8 pullups.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:sick:True. I'm in bad shape man. I still weigh about 225, but I'm ahhhh, weak as hell. I tried to workout the other day for the first time in a long time and I could only do like 15 bw dips and 8 pullups.
Why? Are you just completely uninterested as of late? I spent some time in the summer alternating between DC-esque routines and BB'ing routines. Mostly the former in the first part of the summer, and the latter now to utilize the strength I built.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Why? Are you just completely uninterested as of late? I spent some time in the summer alternating between DC-esque routines and BB'ing routines. Mostly the former in the first part of the summer, and the latter now to utilize the strength I built.
Yeah, I just have no interest whatsoever. Maybe a nice long layoff will pay off in the long run, and I'll get back into it with new motivation. I just drink a lot and never really feel like lifting. So yeah, I'm a drunk and I'm banging a 5.5:sick:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lytle and Taylor stole the show last night. Lytle is kinda like the WW version of Guida: always entertaining, but can't seem to beat top competition. Hell of a fighter, though, and doesn't get the respect he deserves.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
davis was fun, carwin was too holy sh!t, i wish lytle knocked him out but whatever. i didnt like how he shook his head after he won! cane looked at thosem uscles and just said "so" weak chin. vera and jardine was a disapointment for sure. bisping was so smart he wanted a decision which is lame but still very fun. i am jsut glad this was free wow

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Lytle and Taylor stole the show last night. Lytle is kinda like the WW version of Guida: always entertaining, but can't seem to beat top competition. Hell of a fighter, though, and doesn't get the respect he deserves.
Baron and Miller was pretty good too (but not shown). Anyone find Hardy - Gono?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aleks, that picture is disturbing. You obviously bleached your hair blonde.

I think Anderson and Fedor actually walk at similar weights. I've heard Anderson walks around 220.

Carwin is definitely an animal, though he hasn't really been challenged yet. He should be a great matchup against Lesnar. I wouldn't want to ref that fight. BJM is the only man who could break those guys up.

Vera was a big disappointment. He seems to have lost the killer instinct, and he's lost 3 of 4. The UFC is definitely overpaying him. His only value is he draws the Phillipino fans, and is likely to headline that card in the Spring.

Luiz Cane is a beast. I can't wait to see him fight more top guys. If they reschedule him against T. Silva, that should be a great fight. I think Cane takes it, he has better standup technique.

Lytle and Taylor stole the show. Even though he loses a lot, I'm a huge Taylor fan. His technique is so crisp. Lytle vs. Davis should be a great fight if they put it together. That's a hard one to call. Marcus has the sharper technique. He looked great last night, too.
Beowulf loving MMA!
And to think I can remember when you had just started getting into MMA. Me personally I was only excited about Cane and Sadjoukou (sp) the main events were quite Lackluster, as I expected so much moe from Bispeng, and who knew that Leban cane be technical cool calm and collective.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are really pushing Bisping now. He will get fed to Hendo or Franklin (Hendo imo) then Spider if he survives the other.

Outside of that, the next few cards are good, Kos v. Alves will be fun, and the idea of Lesnar v. Couture is crazy, so seeing if Lesnar is as good as I think he can be will be good.

Solid cards coming up, thank goodness

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez add some excitement to the HW division. I'm interested to see who emerges as the best. Lesnar-Carwin would just be plain fun. Carwin is more complete but a little smaller and maybe not quite as explosive. Cain supposed to be extremely talented but it's hard to say what would happen against the other 2 monsters.

Sok's been a big disappointment. He's another GG type that can't take what he can give out.\

omegax

omegax

Awards
great to see these natural heavyweights coming into the ufc.. hopefuly in the near future they will have to split up the heavyweight division so that it will be something like 205-225 225-245 265+

I was a little dissapointed in bisping I mean I love watching brawlers but hes starting to becoming a boxer type hit and run... oh well macheetah all over the place

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah these decisions are killing me but i know its a big part of the sport and the fighters game plan

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
What was ultra weird with UFC 89 was the decision that was given to Keith Jardine. That decision was bullshit. Vera connected with way more shots and looked more the aggressor. Jardine was out of gas almost all of round 3.

And the fact that Leben wanted to 'put on a show' (maybe to save his career?) and suddenly decide to slug it out w/ a counter punching boxer. Where Were the take downs?

Also the fact that it was a Unanimous Decision for Bisping. That's Pure BS. Leben's face might look destroyed but I see 2 or 3 times where Bisping actually looked wobbled and hurt. I don't know why Chris couldn't?/didn't? capitalize.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought Jardine won the fight. He looked bad in the 2nd after he hyperextended his knee, but he was the aggressor for much of the fight. Vera was way too tentative the entire time and was very trigger shy.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
You think they'll give Vera one last chance say on free TV? I really don't know what happened to that guy after such a good start in the UFC.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You think they'll give Vera one last chance say on free TV? I really don't know what happened to that guy after such a good start in the UFC.
He was overhyped to begin with. His big win was against Frank Mir, but he has done little other than that.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
What was ultra weird with UFC 89 was the decision that was given to Keith Jardine. That decision was bullshit. Vera connected with way more shots and looked more the aggressor. Jardine was out of gas almost all of round 3.

And the fact that Leben wanted to 'put on a show' (maybe to save his career?) and suddenly decide to slug it out w/ a counter punching boxer. Where Were the take downs?

Also the fact that it was a Unanimous Decision for Bisping. That's Pure BS. Leben's face might look destroyed but I see 2 or 3 times where Bisping actually looked wobbled and hurt. I don't know why Chris couldn't?/didn't? capitalize.
What do you mean suddenly? Leben always slugs it out regardless of what the pre-fight hype says about him fighting smarter. And Jardine and Bisping won the fight pretty clearly IMO.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think Jardine/Vera should at least be Split Decision.

Yeah but Lebing's camp could've told him to shoot and take down Bisping. That's the most logical thing to do against a guy that's mostly a boxer imo.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I really liked Vera as a fighter, but I have to agree Rodja at this point. I thought for sure he would steamroll Jardine to prove his place,.. instead he was passive, and allowed the jufight to go to the cards. He sealed his own crappy fate.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think Jardine/Vera should at least be Split Decision.

Yeah but Lebing's camp could've told him to shoot and take down Bisping. That's the most logical thing to do against a guy that's mostly a boxer imo.
It was a split decision, and imo, a correct one.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jardine is such an enigma; he either gets destroyed or wins a methodical decision. If he can string together a few wins, then he could easily get a title shot (considering his KO over Forrest).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i missed this event but i guess i didnt miss much.

did bispring pussyfoot around the ring and fight a "smart" fight by basically running away? if so i hate him even more. The reason i hate the guy came from his TUF fight with Matt Hamil. the guy is a scumbag imo, im still waiting for the day he gets put in a coma for a day or two.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i missed this event but i guess i didnt miss much.

did bispring pussyfoot around the ring and fight a "smart" fight by basically running away? if so i hate him even more. The reason i hate the guy came from his TUF fight with Matt Hamil. the guy is a scumbag imo, im still waiting for the day he gets put in a coma for a day or two.
Not really; he picked apart Leben with solid counter-boxing. He never really tried to finish the fight at any point, though.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was clear Vera lost. He also lost my confidence. He looked trigger shy. carwin is a beastttttttt i bet 100$ to myself....lol...he would get a TKO first round even tho it was obvious

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bighulksmash MMA 51
bighulksmash MMA 12
jas123 MMA 32
Rodja MMA 17
Alexander MMA 3