Poll: Who would win and WHY?

Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote

Who do you think will win? I'm thinking of betting on Cote the underdog because he does have an enormous right hand. I'm just wondering if he can utilize it against Silva's ..uh..awesomeness?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I honestly dont think there is a fighter that can beat him at his weight...........and i mean both of them(185 and 205).

why? you ask..........you've seen him fight, right?......lol
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

That's why I can't think of any other word to describe him but "awesomeness" lol
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Haha yes because there is NOBODY who can beat him at 185 or 205
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

i was starting to think that it is time for an upset and cote might do it but nah!.... i change my mind its all silva
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

On any given sunday.........I mean its possible he can lose, but 2 out of 3, i pick silva........

He is one bad mofo.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Can Silva be beaten? Of course anyone can, however Cote is not the guy to do it. He has a punchers chance, and with Silva's movement, I dont see it happening. 1st round ko a la his fight with Leben for Silva
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I think Cote has more than a puncher's chance though since he's a good boxer. Maybe...+5% chance hahaha so from 0 it became 5% lol
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

no way will cote be the one to end the streak.... unless by freak accident, but still not likely in my eyes.

I DONT think however that Silva will be able to stomp through 205 the same as he has through mid weight. too many much more powerful and equally dynamic fighters as he.... wouldnt mind seeing him prove me wrong though, just dont know if he'll stick around long enough to even clench both titles.... again would love to see other wise though.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, 205 with guys like Machida, no cakewalk for the spider. Except he'd use some innovative body enhancement substances, but those would get him banned.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    Yes, 205 with guys like Machida, no cakewalk for the spider. Except he'd use some innovative body enhancement substances, but those would get him banned.
    He won't fight Machida, though.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

No one, and I mean no one, can beat Silva at this weight!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

at 185 people onyl have a punchers chance, at 205 there are some legit guys who could beat him. I think Wandy, Machida (even though they wont fight), a healthy Shogun, and even Forrest could be trouble.

Dont kill me about the Forrest comment, as I think Forrest is so huge for 205, that the weight disparity might make things difficult for Spider
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    at 185 people onyl have a punchers chance, at 205 there are some legit guys who could beat him. I think Wandy, Machida (even though they wont fight), a healthy Shogun, and even Forrest could be trouble.

Dont kill me about the Forrest comment, as I think Forrest is so huge for 205, that the weight disparity might make things difficult for Spider
    I think Forrest has to be give respect at this point in his career. Although, I don't think he beat Rampage, he stood and traded with Rampage and wasn't stopped.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I agree, every time I see him I think he has improved. I am interested to see what he will bring to the Rashad fight. I do think he retains there though
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

x2!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I don't even really think Cote has a puncher's chance. Anderson has an amazing chin, and one punch won't do it IMO. Henderson and Franklin both caught him on the button wiht their power hand, and it did nothing. Cote wins this fight 1 time out of 100.

There are definitely some legit threats to Silva at 205, but Wandy is not one of them. Bad matchup for Wand.
  18. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

^ Agreed. Maybe .5/100%
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

cant wait to see Silva fight again.. maybe I'll run into him again at dinner like at UFC 77..

http://members.sigecom.net/georges1/anderson.jpg

Disregard the gay "2 thumbs up" pose.. I was shocked to run into both of them at Cheesecake Factory at dinner, no one really knew who they were, so it was nice to get to talk with both of them.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    cant wait to see Silva fight again.. maybe I'll run into him again at dinner like at UFC 77..

Disregard the gay "2 thumbs up" pose.. I was shocked to run into both of them at Cheesecake Factory at dinner, no one really knew who they were, so it was nice to get to talk with both of them.
    lucky bastage...........reps for having good luck.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Answers

That's ****in' awesome!!
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

That is amazing! Was their English fluent/improved?

I spoke with Hendo for a long while at a GNC Expo in Las Vegas; very humble and knowledgeable!
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

I spoke with Hendo for a long while at a GNC Expo in Las Vegas; very humble and knowledgeable!
    English was bad compared to what it is from what I've seen from TUF the other day.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Answers

I believe there is a good chance that Cote can beat Silva, mainly due to his technical boxing, power, gameplan, mental confidence and his chin. I doubt cote will come in without a game plan (like leben) and just run into silva, nor get sloppy/comfortable and get dazed/subbed like Hendo.

I think it will be a competitive fight more than most believe, and Cote could catch Silva with a power shot and get the TKO.

While i admit this is a far chance, the MMA scene is ripe for another serious upset (not a bs decision upset like ufc 86).
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Ukmmm... lets see... 185 very elite. 205 still very elite. To not give him Silva respect is like robdog not giving me respect. Its just a bad idea Seriously though Rob just doesnt like Silve. I dont get it....Silva is a smart fast strong fighter. Cote should be in for it but for some reason I smell upset.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

Whats even better: http://members.sigecom.net/georges1/rachelle.jpg

got to sit right next to her..
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Ok, that's it, Cote WILL win.

I just saw All Access w/ Rachelle Leah and Anderson Silva.

She just cursed him to defeat. Every single fighter she's interviewed before lost after the episode. Chuck Lidell, Sean Sherk, Brock Lesnar, etc. etc. the list goes on lol.

She must be sapping their strength "somehow" before a fight he he he.

COTE, UPSET KO, ROUND 1, Around 1:30 secs. <--My Final Prediction.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quasi Spoiler, Don't Read Unless You've Watched The Fight!

During Hell Week in Football, in the midst of the brutal conditioning and torturous running, there was always that one guy who stepped into a mysterious gopher hole that no one else could find and had to stop running. He'd start limping and might even pull out some tears. Nobody would believe this guy was injured and everybody believed he was pulling a b!itch move so he could stop.

Now I'm not implying that's what happened, but it was the FIRST thing that came to my mind when I saw this.

What a way to go out though, that sucked for both of them.

Actually, not a spoiler at all. You couldn't know what I'm talking about unless you saw the fight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Definitely not what happened (and I know that you aren't stating that it did). Cote didn't seem too intimidated by Anderson.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Answers

it was funny seeing silva toy with him but he should just Knocked him out so we didnthave to see an ending liek that
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Definitely not what happened (and I know that you aren't stating that it did). Cote didn't seem too intimidated by Anderson.
    I don't recall Anderson Silva dancing around as much as he did last night.

I was walking down Huntington Beach Pier's Main Street and they were showing the fight on every plasma of every bar. One Plasma was meant for passerby's on the street and there was a crowd of people standing around and watching. At the same time, the world series was also being shown in the same manner, but no crowds. Goes to show how popular MMA is becoming.

On top of that, most everyone knew who was fighting. It was a trip. I made my date sit and watch the Anderson/Cote fight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I was really disappointed being there live and seeing Anderson fight. Wish he would have just taken Cote out earlier and not danced around so much. Sad to see one of his last 6 fights wasted.
  33. Senior Member
    Answers

damn shame with last nights fight, i felt bad for Cote going down like that

i feel bad for those that dropped the loot on PPV
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    No one, and I mean no one, can beat Silva at this weight!
    anybody can be beat and cote had the potential because it don't believe he could knock cote out in an exchange because all it would take is a one two combo for cote to stun and anderson and then he could knock him out on his feet but it wouldn't matter because anderson would immediately get a tilte shot and her would destroy cote so who cares anyway!
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

The problem is lies not if Silva can take a punch or a kick. The problem is landing a solid punch or kick Flush on him, which I've never ever seen anyone do unless he uses it as a lure for the opponent to attack.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Carbomb16 View Post
    anybody can be beat and cote had the potential because it don't believe he could knock cote out in an exchange because all it would take is a one two combo for cote to stun and anderson and then he could knock him out on his feet but it wouldn't matter because anderson would immediately get a tilte shot and her would destroy cote so who cares anyway!
    Punctuate or it's hard to take your post seriously. No one wants to read a mess.

Of course, after decifering it, it's even harder to take seriously...
  37. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Punctuate or it's hard to take your post seriously. No one wants to read a mess.

Of course, after decifering it, it's even harder to take seriously...
    hahaha, I was gonna type the exact same thing. Shiit made no sense. Last night sucked, glad I didn't pay for it. Miller/Horwich was a pretty good fight.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

We all knew silva was going to win.........I couldnt get any bro's to bet cash.

So what about the pitbull?.......... time to take him serious?

I think so.

GSP vs Pitbull? now there should be a good one.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Answers

anderson wanted to take a fight deeper in the rounds so he can get ready for those 205'ers. he could of ended it hes a ninja. it was a very different anderson silva you can tell he is bored. i usually voice my opinion and respect others but cote had to chance. it lookedl iek silva was just sparing. cote is great and all and did very well i want to see him take out a few guys down the next road to recovery
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  184 lbs.
    Answers

Overall, i thought the event was good. The refs and crowd was a little crappy at times, but not too bad.

I was happy to see Sherk back in champion form again, and finally was facing someone to show off his striking with. Hopefully, he has corrected his footwork/ranging issues for BJ 2 next year.

Was I the only one that LOL'd at Kos when he was like "there is no way i can lose this fight" and "I can take the fight where i want".

He obviously did not watch the Hughes fight. Alves TDD was awesome as its been for a while now. i am really excited to see Alves/GSP, after GSP works Penn in a great fight to kick off the NY.

I was only dissapointed with the Anderson fight, as most of you were. Too bad the injury came into play so early, i would have loved to see them exchange on a much more serious level in the later rounds (as anderson stated his plan was).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anderson Silva vs. Brazilians
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 01:30 AM
  2. WTF? Anderson Silva retire?
    By MentalTwitch in forum MMA
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:50 PM
  3. Silva Cote why?
    By vika808 in forum MMA