Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Patrick Cote

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Who do you think will win? I'm thinking of betting on Cote the underdog because he does have an enormous right hand. I'm just wondering if he can utilize it against Silva's ..uh..awesomeness?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I honestly dont think there is a fighter that can beat him at his weight...........and i mean both of them(185 and 205).

why? you ask..........you've seen him fight, right?......lol

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
That's why I can't think of any other word to describe him but "awesomeness" lol

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Haha yes because there is NOBODY who can beat him at 185 or 205 :rofl:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was starting to think that it is time for an upset and cote might do it but nah!.... i change my mind its all silva

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
On any given sunday.........I mean its possible he can lose, but 2 out of 3, i pick silva........

He is one bad mofo.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can Silva be beaten? Of course anyone can, however Cote is not the guy to do it. He has a punchers chance, and with Silva's movement, I dont see it happening. 1st round ko a la his fight with Leben for Silva

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I think Cote has more than a puncher's chance though since he's a good boxer. Maybe...+5% chance hahaha so from 0 it became 5% lol

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no way will cote be the one to end the streak.... unless by freak accident, but still not likely in my eyes.

I DONT think however that Silva will be able to stomp through 205 the same as he has through mid weight. too many much more powerful and equally dynamic fighters as he.... wouldnt mind seeing him prove me wrong though, just dont know if he'll stick around long enough to even clench both titles.... again would love to see other wise though.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Yes, 205 with guys like Machida, no cakewalk for the spider. Except he'd use some innovative body enhancement substances, but those would get him banned.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
No one, and I mean no one, can beat Silva at this weight!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
at 185 people onyl have a punchers chance, at 205 there are some legit guys who could beat him. I think Wandy, Machida (even though they wont fight), a healthy Shogun, and even Forrest could be trouble.

Dont kill me about the Forrest comment, as I think Forrest is so huge for 205, that the weight disparity might make things difficult for Spider

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
at 185 people onyl have a punchers chance, at 205 there are some legit guys who could beat him. I think Wandy, Machida (even though they wont fight), a healthy Shogun, and even Forrest could be trouble.

Dont kill me about the Forrest comment, as I think Forrest is so huge for 205, that the weight disparity might make things difficult for Spider
I think Forrest has to be give respect at this point in his career. Although, I don't think he beat Rampage, he stood and traded with Rampage and wasn't stopped.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, every time I see him I think he has improved. I am interested to see what he will bring to the Rashad fight. I do think he retains there though

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I don't even really think Cote has a puncher's chance. Anderson has an amazing chin, and one punch won't do it IMO. Henderson and Franklin both caught him on the button wiht their power hand, and it did nothing. Cote wins this fight 1 time out of 100.

There are definitely some legit threats to Silva at 205, but Wandy is not one of them. Bad matchup for Wand.

tattoopierced1

cant wait to see Silva fight again.. maybe I'll run into him again at dinner like at UFC 77..

http://members.sigecom.net/georges1/anderson.jpg

Disregard the gay "2 thumbs up" pose.. I was shocked to run into both of them at Cheesecake Factory at dinner, no one really knew who they were, so it was nice to get to talk with both of them.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cant wait to see Silva fight again.. maybe I'll run into him again at dinner like at UFC 77..

http://members.sigecom.net/georges1/anderson.jpg

Disregard the gay "2 thumbs up" pose.. I was shocked to run into both of them at Cheesecake Factory at dinner, no one really knew who they were, so it was nice to get to talk with both of them.
That is amazing! Was their English fluent/improved?

I spoke with Hendo for a long while at a GNC Expo in Las Vegas; very humble and knowledgeable!

tattoopierced1

That is amazing! Was their English fluent/improved?

I spoke with Hendo for a long while at a GNC Expo in Las Vegas; very humble and knowledgeable!
English was bad compared to what it is from what I've seen from TUF the other day.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I believe there is a good chance that Cote can beat Silva, mainly due to his technical boxing, power, gameplan, mental confidence and his chin. I doubt cote will come in without a game plan (like leben) and just run into silva, nor get sloppy/comfortable and get dazed/subbed like Hendo.

I think it will be a competitive fight more than most believe, and Cote could catch Silva with a power shot and get the TKO.

While i admit this is a far chance, the MMA scene is ripe for another serious upset (not a bs decision upset like ufc 86). :)

Brother

Brother

Awards
Ukmmm... lets see... 185 very elite. 205 still very elite. To not give him Silva respect is like robdog not giving me respect. Its just a bad idea :) Seriously though Rob just doesnt like Silve. I dont get it....Silva is a smart fast strong fighter. Cote should be in for it but for some reason I smell upset.

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Ok, that's it, Cote WILL win.

I just saw All Access w/ Rachelle Leah and Anderson Silva.

She just cursed him to defeat. Every single fighter she's interviewed before lost after the episode. Chuck Lidell, Sean Sherk, Brock Lesnar, etc. etc. the list goes on lol.

She must be sapping their strength "somehow" before a fight he he he.

COTE, UPSET KO, ROUND 1, Around 1:30 secs. <--My Final Prediction.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quasi Spoiler, Don't Read Unless You've Watched The Fight!

During Hell Week in Football, in the midst of the brutal conditioning and torturous running, there was always that one guy who stepped into a mysterious gopher hole that no one else could find and had to stop running. He'd start limping and might even pull out some tears. Nobody would believe this guy was injured and everybody believed he was pulling a b!itch move so he could stop.

Now I'm not implying that's what happened, but it was the FIRST thing that came to my mind when I saw this.

What a way to go out though, that sucked for both of them.

Actually, not a spoiler at all. You couldn't know what I'm talking about unless you saw the fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Definitely not what happened (and I know that you aren't stating that it did). Cote didn't seem too intimidated by Anderson.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
it was funny seeing silva toy with him but he should just Knocked him out so we didnthave to see an ending liek that

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely not what happened (and I know that you aren't stating that it did). Cote didn't seem too intimidated by Anderson.
I don't recall Anderson Silva dancing around as much as he did last night.

I was walking down Huntington Beach Pier's Main Street and they were showing the fight on every plasma of every bar. One Plasma was meant for passerby's on the street and there was a crowd of people standing around and watching. At the same time, the world series was also being shown in the same manner, but no crowds. Goes to show how popular MMA is becoming.

On top of that, most everyone knew who was fighting. It was a trip. I made my date sit and watch the Anderson/Cote fight.

tattoopierced1

Well, I was really disappointed being there live and seeing Anderson fight. Wish he would have just taken Cote out earlier and not danced around so much. Sad to see one of his last 6 fights wasted.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
damn shame with last nights fight, i felt bad for Cote going down like that

i feel bad for those that dropped the loot on PPV

Carbomb16

Awards
No one, and I mean no one, can beat Silva at this weight!
anybody can be beat and cote had the potential because it don't believe he could knock cote out in an exchange because all it would take is a one two combo for cote to stun and anderson and then he could knock him out on his feet but it wouldn't matter because anderson would immediately get a tilte shot and her would destroy cote so who cares anyway!

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
The problem is lies not if Silva can take a punch or a kick. The problem is landing a solid punch or kick Flush on him, which I've never ever seen anyone do unless he uses it as a lure for the opponent to attack.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
anybody can be beat and cote had the potential because it don't believe he could knock cote out in an exchange because all it would take is a one two combo for cote to stun and anderson and then he could knock him out on his feet but it wouldn't matter because anderson would immediately get a tilte shot and her would destroy cote so who cares anyway!
Punctuate or it's hard to take your post seriously. No one wants to read a mess.

Of course, after decifering it, it's even harder to take seriously...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Punctuate or it's hard to take your post seriously. No one wants to read a mess.

Of course, after decifering it, it's even harder to take seriously...
hahaha, I was gonna type the exact same thing. Shiit made no sense. Last night sucked, glad I didn't pay for it. Miller/Horwich was a pretty good fight.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
We all knew silva was going to win.........I couldnt get any bro's to bet cash.

So what about the pitbull?.......... time to take him serious?

I think so.

GSP vs Pitbull? now there should be a good one.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
anderson wanted to take a fight deeper in the rounds so he can get ready for those 205'ers. he could of ended it hes a ninja. it was a very different anderson silva you can tell he is bored. i usually voice my opinion and respect others but cote had to chance. it lookedl iek silva was just sparing. cote is great and all and did very well i want to see him take out a few guys down the next road to recovery

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Overall, i thought the event was good. The refs and crowd was a little crappy at times, but not too bad.

I was happy to see Sherk back in champion form again, and finally was facing someone to show off his striking with. Hopefully, he has corrected his footwork/ranging issues for BJ 2 next year.

Was I the only one that LOL'd at Kos when he was like "there is no way i can lose this fight" and "I can take the fight where i want". :)

He obviously did not watch the Hughes fight. Alves TDD was awesome as its been for a while now. i am really excited to see Alves/GSP, after GSP works Penn in a great fight to kick off the NY.

I was only dissapointed with the Anderson fight, as most of you were. Too bad the injury came into play so early, i would have loved to see them exchange on a much more serious level in the later rounds (as anderson stated his plan was).

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you guys think that alves would fight fitch before he gets a shot at GSP? GSP is already lined up to fight penn, I would love to see alves and fitch fight instead of waiting 6 months to see alves fight GSP.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Well over two years ago, fitch beat alves (which was actually his last loss).

i dont know - they may not fearing alves may lose again and stop the upcomming title fight. if he is chosen to fight again (and he will if need be) then they may feed him some mid level guy. I personally think alves would beat fitch now.

we shall see....

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, they'll probably have Alves sit on the sidelines until the BJ/GSP fight is over.

Of BJ and GSP, I'm starting to think that BJ will be a tougher match for Thiago if that fight should happen. BJ has better hands than Alves and can avoid the leg kicks better. I don't think that he can wrestle Alves to the ground, but Penn is crafty. GSP's best shot is on the ground. The more leg kicks he takes, the less likely a takedown becomes.

I think Alves would beat Fitch now too. Fitch's slow starter tendency just doesn't bode well for him against a dangerous dude like Alves.

Rewatching the Anderson fight, I saw it a little differently. Not much happens in the first 3 minutes and then Silva starts to land some nice strikes, a headkick and nasty knee, but Cote seems unaffected. Anderson seems to decide to be more careful as a result. He continues to land some nice strikes to start the second and then the takedown comes. After he stands up, he looks slightly winded. He seems to hang back and regain his breath and does the weird hand stuff as a distraction. I think Silva would have brutalized Cote in the third or fourth. It seemed like he was landing when he wanted to, but playing it a little bit more cautiously.

Anderson didn't counter much in the first, which I found odd since he's an amazing counterstriker. Maybe Cote's attacks made that hard to do, but I thought I saw some opportunities for right hand counters when Cote leg kicked.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thiago also injured his left hand in the fight, so a little layoff for him would be good. Plus, he has has 9 fights since '06 and that is with a 9 month suspension. He is young, so there is no reason to grind him down a la Wandy.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thiago also injured his left hand in the fight, so a little layoff for him would be good. Plus, he has has 9 fights since '06 and that is with a 9 month suspension. He is young, so there is no reason to grind him down a la Wandy.
Speaking of Wandy, I just heard his next fight with Rampage announced on the radio (don't remember which station??). I hope Rampage is back to his normal, playful self and not all weirded out.

I like Thiago, he's a very tough kid.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speaking of Wandy, I just heard his next fight with Rampage announced on the radio (don't remember which station??). I hope Rampage is back to his normal, playful self and not all weirded out.

I like Thiago, he's a very tough kid.
It's on the December card along with Nog/Mir and Rashad/Forrest.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Rumor is that the winner gets the next LHW title shot, too.
Putting aside some *minor* bias here, do you think this fight will be any different than the previous two? :)

I actually think Rampage may have learned good MTC defence and is better striker now than in the past. Considering this is a three round bout and in the cage, i think it my go to a SD/UD.

This is one of those fights where i dont want either guy to lose, but its good that one or the other will most likely get the next shot (esp since machida is booke with TS next year and they dont liek him anyway lol).