And Thus the Downfall of Kimbo Slice!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

And Thus the Downfall of Kimbo Slice!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

You are saying Kimbo didn't train for someone who might throw a punch?

Let's not forget that Seth had no time to train either.

2. Registered User

No, the only complicating factor about Seth that I mentioned is the teep (front kick). That is what threw Kimbo off. If he knew he was fighting someone who does that, his trainers would prep differently. You can't learn new techniques the night of a fight in front of 4 million people.
  3. Registered User

Author L. Rea said it best when he said " Adapt, Migrate or die...whining is not an option." If Kimbo wants to claim that he wasn't expecting kicks he has no business being a top carder in the first place.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lawman24601 View Post
    Author L. Rea said it best when he said " Adapt, Migrate or die...whining is not an option." If Kimbo wants to claim that he wasn't expecting kicks he has no business being a top carder in the first place.
    I never heard Kimbo complaining about the matchup. It is silly to compare a steroid guru and a combat sport before 4 million fans. If anyone, Bas was protecting Kimbo b/c Bas knew his abilities and shortcomings. This issue is incredibly simple: teep set up punch which set up TKO. It was unexpected for Kimbo. When you train for a given fighter there are not many surprises.

I'm far from a Kimbo apologist. I find it nauseating that he makes the money he makes. Petruzelli himself said he matched up well b/c Kimbo has predictable boxing, and Seth said he matches up well with those guys in camp. I wanted Seth to win.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    1. I always pull for Ninja. I don't know why, but I love that guy. His downfall begun when he stupidly moved up to HW and got KTFO'd by Kharitonov. He did well against a lot of tough guys, and should have gotten the nod against Rampage. Now, I'm afraid his brain had been addled too many times. He seems perpetually rocked. I think he needs to retire. A sad day for a guy with sick BJJ who formerly had an intense, well-rounded game.

2. That standup was ridiculous. I'd rather see AA work his strengths, but fair is fair. Also, AA would have massacred Kimbo. Never would have happened.

3. Cyborg will slaughter Carano, although I'd rather bone Carano

4. Petruzelli was a tough opponent for Kimbo. On the spot, a front kick is tough to anticipate, and if he'd known more about Seth he might have been prepared for that. Kimbo got screwed for having to take that fight on a moments notice. Kimbo is not that good, but he is better than that. If he had a week to prep for Petruzelli, that wouldn't have happened. Nonetheless, the the inevitable was unveiled sooner rather than later. I'd like to see a rematch, and I still think Kimbo has some exciting fights left in him (though any UFC HW would maul him).
    Welcome back, Beo! It's been a while. Are you still training?

Yeah, Ninja's really looked sloppy for a while. He had some serious skill but seems to lack the cohesive glue these days.

I had a feeling that Seth would beat Kimbo. He's not great but is a vet with a lot of experience and his strength is where Kimbo wants to take the fight. At the same time, Kimbo can't complain about the fight. If you're the main event (which we all know he shouldn't be), then you have to accept a replacement fight or the show falls apart. It does count as less of a loss I guess. Someone on Sherdog was saying that Kimbo's always had a weak chin. He was dropped twice by guys in his street fights (one was Gannon), but was allowed to recover based on the street rules.

Cyborg's a machine and barely a woman. Gina's taken some shots without ever getting rocked. I definitely favor Cyborg, but it will be interesting. Also Gina won't have to make such a large cut, I would think. Cyborg's fight was at 148.5.
  6. Registered User

If you're the main event (which we all know he shouldn't be), then you have to accept a replacement fight or the show falls apart. It does count as less of a loss I guess.
    Jas, what's up, bro. I haven't been training in any form. I've been remodeling my house--no time for anything. I hope to make it to Kenny Florian's gym soon.

I agree that Kimbo shouldn't be main event. That is Elite XC's fault. He should have been first fight of the night instead of Ninja vs. Radach. MMA is a scary sport. I think Ninja's done. No AC should allow him to take more punishment to the dome. He should focus on teaching; his BJJ is sick.

I heard Manhoef might be headed to Elite XC. Manhoef vs. Lawler would be sick!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I thought Melvin was retiring?

Yeah, Ninja should maybe just try to work on his ground game more and do submission tourney's or something.
  8. Registered User

I saw on the UG that he might be headed to EXC.

Ninja's definitely done. Even in his recent wins, he's still been knocked loopy, including vs. Villasenor.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

I told my kids I could beat Kimbo,... now they believe me!!!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Hahaha lol good luck to Elite XC trying to hype up that guy (I forgot his name already...)

But then again, they could always say that he's the "REAL DEAL" or some **** like that because he beat up someone "Who was thought to be the best street fighter in the world" or some crap like that hahaha

It's all in the marketing..
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    lidell just got 500,000 for losing he would just retire over all. I live near him that foo lloves to party. second in that title fight before the kimbo fight that guy walked all over him on the ground he could of ended it and he let go. he knew he would get in trouble by elite XC ending it so early liek that hahahaha
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Cyborg needs to be fighting men, on the real.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Cyborg needs to be fighting men, on the real.
    yeah, something about her is a turn on tho imo. id like her by my side in a bar she's pretty hardcore.
  13. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I really can't see how that punch would've knocked him down. Seth was falling back with one leg up. I didn't even see it connect with a bang. I just don't know. Proves anything can happen in the ring I guess
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Kimbo has a weak jaw and he was rushing forward which put some of his weight into it.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A little behind the scenes info: Kimbo was offered to fight Aaron Rosa, who i have trained with a few times, before Petruzelli, but Kimbo turned it down.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

What's Rosa's deal? Wrestler or sub guy? I don't know much about him.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    A little behind the scenes info: Kimbo was offered to fight Aaron Rosa, who i have trained with a few times, before Petruzelli, but Kimbo turned it down.
    How would that have ended up?
  18. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I remembered Seth for his stand up so i was thinking he was going to have a really good chance. When they got in the ring i pretty much thought Seth would win.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.

.What i hate. the most is that noons was stripped of hit belt because he was getting paid 3 times less than his contender nick diaz, he wouldnt fight until his pay was better, so they stripped him of his belt, it just shows what elite xc is. the worst thing since sliced kimbo.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    How would that have ended up?
    Aaron would have outboxed him badly. Even though he fights at LHW, he walks around in the 230-235 lbs area.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Registered User

Seth dropped Bob Sapp with a similar shot in K1.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

So Seth turns out to be some kind of fad-fighter killer huh?
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    How was the other guy lucky? He threw half a jab from an unbalanced position. He weighs much less than Kimbo and he gives up a lot of reach and height. I just don't see it. I think Kimbo got KO'd because he didn't cover up and he has a weak chin.
    "He threw half a jab from an unbalanced position."How does that not sound lucky? If my memory serves me right it was a right front kick right cross.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    1. I always pull for Ninja. I don't know why, but I love that guy. His downfall begun when he stupidly moved up to HW and got KTFO'd by Kharitonov. He did well against a lot of tough guys, and should have gotten the nod against Rampage. Now, I'm afraid his brain had been addled too many times. He seems perpetually rocked. I think he needs to retire. A sad day for a guy with sick BJJ who formerly had an intense, well-rounded game.

2. That standup was ridiculous. I'd rather see AA work his strengths, but fair is fair. Also, AA would have massacred Kimbo. Never would have happened.

3. Cyborg will slaughter Carano, although I'd rather bone Carano

4. Petruzelli was a tough opponent for Kimbo. On the spot, a front kick is tough to anticipate, and if he'd known more about Seth he might have been prepared for that. Kimbo got screwed for having to take that fight on a moments notice. Kimbo is not that good, but he is better than that. If he had a week to prep for Petruzelli, that wouldn't have happened. Nonetheless, the the inevitable was unveiled sooner rather than later. I'd like to see a rematch, and I still think Kimbo has some exciting fights left in him (though any UFC HW would maul him).
    Newb! J/K and welcome back. Most of these guys probably have no idea who you are...except for that Jas and Alex duo, of course

Still on semi hiatus, I see, lol. RNC any students lately?

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    yeah, something about her is a turn on tho imo. id like her by my side in a bar she's pretty hardcore.
    The "Cyborgs" have to be the most intimidating looking couple of all time!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  25. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

the cyborgs are something out of madmax or some post apocalyptic heavy metal slasher gang lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wrasslin's 'Go Harder Than Kimbo Slice' Pre-Season Log
    By wrasslin116 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 07:34 AM
  2. KIMBO SLICE
    By Jake Fires in forum MMA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 10:33 AM
  3. Kimbo Slice Alexander Houston fight fixed?
    By buster0371 in forum MMA
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 11:17 AM
  4. Kimbo Slice Open Training Session
    By MMABoxing in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 07:00 PM