And Thus the Downfall of Kimbo Slice!!
- 10-05-2008, 08:25 PM
- 10-05-2008, 10:21 PM
10-05-2008, 11:27 PM
10-05-2008, 11:28 PM
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
kimbo was only used to fighting drunks and has beens. he probably would have beat shamrock but this was more satisfying to see someone knock him off his horse. if arlovski fought him the fight would have been 7 seconds at most. and i don't feel bad for EXC...their gonna have tito ortiz soon and probably alot of other UFC fighters will migrate soon enough.
10-05-2008, 11:57 PM
10-06-2008, 01:08 AM
lidell just got 500,000 for losing he would just retire over all. I live near him that foo lloves to party. second in that title fight before the kimbo fight that guy walked all over him on the ground he could of ended it and he let go. he knew he would get in trouble by elite XC ending it so early liek that hahahaha
10-06-2008, 01:00 PM
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
1. I always pull for Ninja. I don't know why, but I love that guy. His downfall begun when he stupidly moved up to HW and got KTFO'd by Kharitonov. He did well against a lot of tough guys, and should have gotten the nod against Rampage. Now, I'm afraid his brain had been addled too many times. He seems perpetually rocked. I think he needs to retire. A sad day for a guy with sick BJJ who formerly had an intense, well-rounded game.
2. That standup was ridiculous. I'd rather see AA work his strengths, but fair is fair. Also, AA would have massacred Kimbo. Never would have happened.
3. Cyborg will slaughter Carano, although I'd rather bone Carano
4. Petruzelli was a tough opponent for Kimbo. On the spot, a front kick is tough to anticipate, and if he'd known more about Seth he might have been prepared for that. Kimbo got screwed for having to take that fight on a moments notice. Kimbo is not that good, but he is better than that. If he had a week to prep for Petruzelli, that wouldn't have happened. Nonetheless, the the inevitable was unveiled sooner rather than later. I'd like to see a rematch, and I still think Kimbo has some exciting fights left in him (though any UFC HW would maul him).
10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
You are saying Kimbo didn't train for someone who might throw a punch?
Let's not forget that Seth had no time to train either.
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
No, the only complicating factor about Seth that I mentioned is the teep (front kick). That is what threw Kimbo off. If he knew he was fighting someone who does that, his trainers would prep differently. You can't learn new techniques the night of a fight in front of 4 million people.
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Author L. Rea said it best when he said " Adapt, Migrate or die...whining is not an option." If Kimbo wants to claim that he wasn't expecting kicks he has no business being a top carder in the first place.
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm far from a Kimbo apologist. I find it nauseating that he makes the money he makes. Petruzelli himself said he matched up well b/c Kimbo has predictable boxing, and Seth said he matches up well with those guys in camp. I wanted Seth to win.
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Ninja's really looked sloppy for a while. He had some serious skill but seems to lack the cohesive glue these days.
I had a feeling that Seth would beat Kimbo. He's not great but is a vet with a lot of experience and his strength is where Kimbo wants to take the fight. At the same time, Kimbo can't complain about the fight. If you're the main event (which we all know he shouldn't be), then you have to accept a replacement fight or the show falls apart. It does count as less of a loss I guess. Someone on Sherdog was saying that Kimbo's always had a weak chin. He was dropped twice by guys in his street fights (one was Gannon), but was allowed to recover based on the street rules.
Cyborg's a machine and barely a woman. Gina's taken some shots without ever getting rocked. I definitely favor Cyborg, but it will be interesting. Also Gina won't have to make such a large cut, I would think. Cyborg's fight was at 148.5.
10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Jas, what's up, bro. I haven't been training in any form. I've been remodeling my house--no time for anything. I hope to make it to Kenny Florian's gym soon.If you're the main event (which we all know he shouldn't be), then you have to accept a replacement fight or the show falls apart. It does count as less of a loss I guess.
I agree that Kimbo shouldn't be main event. That is Elite XC's fault. He should have been first fight of the night instead of Ninja vs. Radach. MMA is a scary sport. I think Ninja's done. No AC should allow him to take more punishment to the dome. He should focus on teaching; his BJJ is sick.
I heard Manhoef might be headed to Elite XC. Manhoef vs. Lawler would be sick!
10-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I thought Melvin was retiring?
Yeah, Ninja should maybe just try to work on his ground game more and do submission tourney's or something.
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I saw on the UG that he might be headed to EXC.
Ninja's definitely done. Even in his recent wins, he's still been knocked loopy, including vs. Villasenor.
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Hahaha lol good luck to Elite XC trying to hype up that guy (I forgot his name already...)
But then again, they could always say that he's the "REAL DEAL" or some **** like that because he beat up someone "Who was thought to be the best street fighter in the world" or some crap like that hahaha
It's all in the marketing..
10-08-2008, 01:41 PM
10-09-2008, 03:05 AM
10-09-2008, 05:06 AM
I really can't see how that punch would've knocked him down. Seth was falling back with one leg up. I didn't even see it connect with a bang. I just don't know. Proves anything can happen in the ring I guess
10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
A little behind the scenes info: Kimbo was offered to fight Aaron Rosa, who i have trained with a few times, before Petruzelli, but Kimbo turned it down.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
10-09-2008, 12:05 PM
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
10-09-2008, 01:43 PM
I remembered Seth for his stand up so i was thinking he was going to have a really good chance. When they got in the ring i pretty much thought Seth would win.
10-09-2008, 02:43 PM
.What i hate. the most is that noons was stripped of hit belt because he was getting paid 3 times less than his contender nick diaz, he wouldnt fight until his pay was better, so they stripped him of his belt, it just shows what elite xc is. the worst thing since sliced kimbo.
10-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By wrasslin116 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 80Last Post: 04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
- By Jake Fires in forum MMAReplies: 17Last Post: 02-20-2010, 11:33 AM
- By buster0371 in forum MMAReplies: 56Last Post: 12-14-2009, 12:17 PM
- By MMABoxing in forum MMAReplies: 15Last Post: 05-18-2008, 08:00 PM