TOP 10 Most influential fighters in MMA

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
not in order (thats just to hard to call for me)

Royce (I think we all know why)

Jose "Pele" Landi Jons
(EXTRA OLDSCHOOL! most people dont know but, Chute Boxe wouldnt have been what it is today without him)

Sakuraba (innovator, added a new dimension to MMA fighting, one of the first true well rounded complete fighters)

Wanderlei (Faught EVERYBODY! no body has accomplished what he has, meanest staredown!!!)

Tito (First fighter with an attitude, and popular to mainstream, showed you can pound someones face in while in their guard-GNP, wrestling vs. jiu jitsu dimension)

Ken/Frank Shamrock
(Extra OldSchool, Respect,Pioneers)

Nogiera (sp?) (Old School, One of the Best heavyweights EVER! Tougher than nails, some of the best Jiu Jitsu displays in MMA)

Mirco "CroCop" (was one of the most feared fighters. showed how a little takedown defense works wonders for a good striker with not much of a ground game)

Anderson Silva
(puts together muay thai and Jiu Jitsu like no one else can!)

Forrest G.
(1st TUF finale caused and explosion in MMA popularity)

***there are so many other fighters out there that deserve this credit, lets see what you guys think***

Hammer House (thats what happens when you rely too much on steroids)

Randy Cotour (now everyone is taking GH...showed what good Greco can do)

Endgame007

Endgame007

Awards
(In no Order)
1.Fedor ( He is the Machine)
2.Gracie Family ( Putting Bjj on the map)
3.GSP
4.Randy Cotour
5.Cro Cop
6.Cung Lee
7.BJ Penn
8.Nogiera
9.Frank Shamrock
10.Wanderlei Silva

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1. Royce
2. Coleman
3. Frank Shamrock

I think the word influential is being used interchangebly with innovative. Influential fighters change the game as a whole; innovative fighters have a style unique to them that cannot be copied. CC, Chuck, Nog, Wand, etc have a style taht cannot be suplicated because they use their genetic attriubutes taht cannot be replicated by others.

Also, how does Saku have a complete game? His striking is very subpar.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1. Royce
2. Coleman
3. Frank Shamrock

I think the word influential is being used interchangebly with innovative. Influential fighters change the game as a whole; innovative fighters have a style unique to them that cannot be copied. CC, Chuck, Nog, Wand, etc have a style taht cannot be suplicated because they use their genetic attriubutes taht cannot be replicated by others.

Also, how does Saku have a complete game? His striking is very subpar.
Maybe now... he's faught too many hard fights and hit in the head too many times. The guy is worn out.
In his early days he powned everyone except wand
remember what he did to Vitor?
He is the one that made jumping and stomping on people the cool thing to do, and the classic double hammer fists! You also forget he fought a bunch or jacked up roided monsters way bigger and stronger than him...Randelman

Yeah I agree with you maybe not Nog so much. I still think CC
DEFINITLY not Chuck.. he fights with his hands at his sides for goodness sake!
Wand= soccer kicks+face stomps+muay thai plum+ judo sweeps!

Coleman with the GNP your right!!! He was definitly the one that made that happen.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maybe now... he's faught too many hard fights and hit in the head too many times. The guy is worn out.
In his early days he powned everyone except wand
remember what he did to Vitor?
He is the one that made jumping and stomping on people the cool thing to do, and the classic double hammer fists! You also forget he fought a bunch or jacked up roided monsters way bigger and stronger than him...Randelman

Yeah I agree with you maybe not Nog so much. I still think CC
DEFINITLY not Chuck.. he fights with his hands at his sides for goodness sake!
Wand= soccer kicks+face stomps+muay thai plum+ judo sweeps!

Coleman with the GNP your right!!! He was definitly the one that made that happen.
I've seen many of Saku's fights and he never was a well rounded fighter. He beat Vitor with leg kicks while Vitor was on the ground (Vitor broke both of his hands early in rd 1). Innovate, yes; influential, no. There will never be another Saku in style, charisma, or heart.