So what really happened between Jackson and Juanito

DaTruthMMA

DaTruthMMA

Awards
Tito Ortiz: Juanito Ibarra Is A Thief | MMAFrenzy.com
This excerpt is taken from a Tito Ortiz interview
“Let me explain this to you because it really pisses me off that Ibarra has done what he has done, he is a thief. I have been running training camps for seven years up in Big Bear California and the most that my camp has cost a fighter to attend is $35,000. Ibarra was charging Jackson $65,000 to go to Big Bear. I don’t understand that!! He was being very disrespectful and taking advantage of ‘Rampage’. Including travel, training partners, food and lodging, the most ever was $35,000, maybe if you flew in more trainers…$40K. Where did that extra money go that Ibarra was charging? ‘Rampage’ is really pissed and he feels betrayed that he was taken advantage of and I couldn’t agree more with him. I don’t care if Juanito reads this or hears about it anywhere, he already knows that he is blackballed. I don’t care who you are; fighters work very hard for the money they earn and I feel slighted for even knowing Juanito.”

It is believed that when Jackson found out that Ibarra was overcharging him following his loss to Forrest Griffin in July at UFC 86 he went on a fast that caused delirium and ultimately resulted in a hit and run incident in California. Though there’s surely an argument to be made that Ibarra is just more expensive than Ortiz’s camp Jackson obviously felt slighted by Ibarra’s actions.

Fightlinker.com Blog Archive Juanito speaks

This excerpt is from a SI interview with Juanito.

Juanito Ibarra has spent the last few weeks as the punching bag of choice for many MMA stars. Quinton Jackson implied that some shady **** had gone down and Tito Ortiz spelled out a situation where Ibarra overcharged Quinton to the tune of 25k per training camp. Steve Cofield asks the question “Was Ibarra booted out of boxing as well?” For a guy who was ‘the dude’ just a few months ago, it hasn’t been fun times lately.

Over the past two weeks we’ve seen more guys under Ibarra’s charge leave him (for Wolfslair UK of all places). Finally, someone has managed to get a hold of Juanito to hear his side of the story. Josh Gross at SI.com:

Ibarra: I’ve never done anything I wasn’t asked to do, and that’s it. I would never take anything from anybody without them giving it to me. Never.

SI.com: Why do you believe your relationship with Quinton fell apart?

Ibarra: I don’t know. It’s a mystery. If I had the hours to sit down with him, it would be great. I never had that opportunity. He’s doing other things, and God bless him. Hopefully I helped him in his life, in his career, and so be it. I have to move on.

SI.com: Have you attempted to talk to Rampage?

Ibarra: Of course I did.

SI.com: So he has not talked to you then?

Ibarra: If he and I could have spoken, I wish he would accept me and sit down with me. But, you know, people around him — his advisors, etc. — said that that wasn’t going to happen.

The interview is an interesting read. Half ‘god bless them’, half ‘they’re liars and cowards’, Ibarra comes across as a something of a headcase. Unfortunately Josh Gross didn’t press him on the points I wanted to know more on: how the money broke down, and who Rampage’s ‘advisors’ are.

Decide for yourself. Juanito didn't really do a good job at clearing himself from any doubt.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
honestly, they r both business men and if page was willing to pay the amount stated, then there is no reason for him to get angry. on the other hand, if page didnt know he was getting charged that much and was quoted a different price, then page has a right to be as angry as he wants.

Thanks
GJJ

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
honestly, they r both business men and if page was willing to pay the amount stated, then there is no reason for him to get angry. on the other hand, if page didnt know he was getting charged that much and was quoted a different price, then page has a right to be as angry as he wants.

Thanks
GJJ
:goodpost:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ibarra sounds shady, but that's just based off these two articles.