Body found in desert might possibly be Evan Tanner

pushin40

pushin40

Awards
Damn. I hope its not Evan. He has had a tough road as of late but I really like him alot as a fighter..

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That sucks. I loved Tanner even if his time was up in fighting. MMAweekly has a story on it.

pushin40

pushin40

Awards
Although his championship was short lived he was the first champ I followed.. Damn this sucks....

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
This is a very sad day, but it almost seems like a fitting end for Tanner. I dont mean that in any disrepectful way, he was just such a random journeyman and explorer. RIP. He was a hell of a fighter in his day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
May he find that small measure of peace and serenity that he sought for so long.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
He seemed like a tormented soul, but he was tough as nails and never quit unless he was knocked out. A sad day for MMA!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was sad to see, I saw it this morning and was like dam.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how it happened exactly. I am actually from the Imperial Valley, so I know first hand about the heat there and it really wouldn't kill someone that easily specially with equipment. He had to have gotten sick somehow.

It must have been very painfull though. Too bad, he seemed like a revolutionary.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how it happened exactly. I am actually from the Imperial Valley, so I know first hand about the heat there and it really wouldn't kill someone that easily specially with equipment. He had to have gotten sick somehow.

It must have been very painfull though. Too bad, he seemed like a revolutionary.
Yeah, I was sort of surprised by that as well. I've hung out in Vegas when it was ~110-115 and dry heat really isn't that bad. I guess maybe water was the issue? Who knows, as others have said Tanner was a messed up guy.

Trip, you're 5'10'' 180? Weren't you making fun of Mullet for being that size not too long ago? You guys are ridiculous.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jas, got some better baiting to do in a thread that ISN'T for discussing the passing of someone?

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I love how people are naturally jumping to conclusions and feel it's only a fitting end to his life or that he in particular is now free of his torment. A lot of his posts were made in joking manner and anyone who ever met him will probably attest to this nature. His untimely passing may amount to tragedy for some or it may not. Regardless, it is unfortunate and condolences extend to his family and friends, he will be missed.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
There are some great articles out there on this. One on UFC and one on Yahoo in particular. I actually don't think he was a tormented soul towards the end of his life. I think he went through a rough patch, but it looked obvious at the end of his life that he just enjoyed being in nature. He was definetly and odd character, but he just seemed like he'd be so cool to hang out with and that he'd invited along or over to his house just for fun.
Sometimes I feel like his minimalists attitude is the right way to go. Screw all this congestion and stepping on others to get more things in life. I think Evan had it right and he will be missed in the MMA community and even moreso by his friends and family.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
My prayers are with his family.

Sad to hear. I liked watching him fight.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't feel bad for him, if you read the last thing he posted in his blog, the peace he wanted to experience from this trip and what his friends said, he seemed to be happy and was doing something he loved.

If I die doing something I love, I believe in or protecting someone or myself, I couldn't ask for a better way to die.

Only cowards fear death.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
There are some great articles out there on this. One on UFC and one on Yahoo in particular. I actually don't think he was a tormented soul towards the end of his life. I think he went through a rough patch, but it looked obvious at the end of his life that he just enjoyed being in nature. He was definetly and odd character, but he just seemed like he'd be so cool to hang out with and that he'd invited along or over to his house just for fun.
Sometimes I feel like his minimalists attitude is the right way to go. Screw all this congestion and stepping on others to get more things in life. I think Evan had it right and he will be missed in the MMA community and even moreso by his friends and family.
I hope you're right. I hope he died at peace with life, but I think he had a lot of demons that still existed. He did seem happier towards the last few years, according to his blogs.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Rest in peace, Do what you love because anyone can die at any time. He lived the life he wanted and because he is missed, he clearly did alot right.

maxparin

Awards
rip tanner. he seems like a good cat. he was just on iside mma the other week with his bushy beard