Quinton Rampage Jackson v. Wanderlei Silva III @ UFC 91

  1. Registered User
    DaTruthMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0

    Quinton Rampage Jackson v. Wanderlei Silva III @ UFC 91


    That's right guys these two LHW contenders might be facing off at UFC 91 in Nov. Yes, Wanderlei destroyed Jackson twice in devestating fashion, but we have to admit, Jackson has become a much better fighter and his cardio has improved dramatically.

    I see this as an all out war with someone ending up on the mat ko'd.

  2. Registered User
    DaTruthMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0

  3. Registered User
    DaTruthMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,359
    Answers
    1

    wow, rampage could lose 2 in a row in the UFC here. awesome fight for a nice card
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. Registered User
    bkoguy07's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    441
    Answers
    0

    I'd be scared if i was Rampage.
  6. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Not sure which way to go here. Wand has a huge pych advantage on the unstable one, but I feel that Page's skills are sharper. Couture's coaching may just be the key. Expect a lot of leg kicks from the axe murderer.
  7. Registered User
    Rogue Drone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,226
    Answers
    0

    Which Rampage show up? The hard one that fought Henderson or the softer one that matched Griffin?

    He is no longer with Juanito? Who is he training with?

    Page has it, will he bring it?

    I'd have to see a vid interview and/or training segment or two before I could make a pick, since they have already an all access on him, they probably won't do another.
  8. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    He's been training part time in England with Bisping's team, the Wolf Lair (?). I think he's still training with the same team in Cali the rest of the time just minus Juanito.

    Yeah, it's hard to say right now. Throw some picks up in the 88 thread if you get a chance, Drone. I'm curious what you see in the Hammill-Rich fight and a few others.
  9. Registered User
    Condition1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    492
    Answers
    0

    Gotta question the source, even thought this has been a rumored card for some time. Wand was dead set on fighting in December as I recall, and mmaweekly.com still has Page listed in UFC 91 and Wand listed in the New Years card.

    It won't be a fight that will disappoint that's for sure.
  10. Registered User
    EasternLEGEND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    51
    Answers
    0

    dam i cant wait for that fight its gonna be ruthless i know there will be a monster knockout in this fight.

    i am just waiting to another brock lesnar fight.
  11. Registered User
    Condition1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    492
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternLEGEND View Post
    dam i cant wait for that fight its gonna be ruthless i know there will be a monster knockout in this fight.

    i am just waiting to another brock lesnar fight.
    Don't hold your breath, it's just a far fetched rumor for now. Wand has been set on fighting in the December New Year's eve bout since May-June time frame. Rampage is still slotted for the 91 bout, maybe they'll move him up to December, would be a badass fight.
  12. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,369
    Answers
    0

    Let me get this straight,

    On the UFC show, Jesse Taylor kicks a limousine window out, "terrorizes female guests" and tells security "I'm a f*cking UFC fighter" and he gets kicked off the show.

    Now, Rampage gets arrested for a hit and run on a pregnant lady, who later miscarriges, although the doc says it's not related to the hit and run and then, he gets admitted for psych issues, yet he's still gonna fight.

    Dana's talk about Jesse in the show, when he said I don't want someone like that representing the UFC and Rampage said the same thing and agreed with Dana, yet Dana is gonna let him fight....

    I think Dana shoulda said, "I'm only gonna stand by my morals if you're not guaranteed to make me money, if you are, they go out the window"

    It's not that I don't want want Rampage to fight, UFC is a fighting Organization not a legal one, let Rampage fight, but if you're gonna "apply standards" they should apply for everyone, if not, then they apply to no one.
  13. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,369
    Answers
    0

    From RearNaked Blog :

    Watching him hold Jardine's throat with one hand and belt him once or twice with the other when he was in full mount really brought back memories. Hope to see more of the same at UFC 91!

    Axe Murderer vs. Fetus Killer.
    Should be a great fight again
  14. Registered User
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Answers
    0

    I think Rampage has the skill set to beat this dude, he needs a good game plan however. He could easily pull off the same gameplan that Chuck had against Wanderlei.
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,145
    Answers
    1

    It depend on which Wand shows up or Rampage shows up. Wand seems to have his instinct back and there has to be some lingering effects from getting KTFO'd for Rampage. I wonder if he has learned how to defend a clinch yet?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Let me get this straight,

    On the UFC show, Jesse Taylor kicks a limousine window out, "terrorizes female guests" and tells security "I'm a f*cking UFC fighter" and he gets kicked off the show.

    Now, Rampage gets arrested for a hit and run on a pregnant lady, who later miscarriges, although the doc says it's not related to the hit and run and then, he gets admitted for psych issues, yet he's still gonna fight.

    Dana's talk about Jesse in the show, when he said I don't want someone like that representing the UFC and Rampage said the same thing and agreed with Dana, yet Dana is gonna let him fight....

    I think Dana shoulda said, "I'm only gonna stand by my morals if you're not guaranteed to make me money, if you are, they go out the window"

    It's not that I don't want want Rampage to fight, UFC is a fighting Organization not a legal one, let Rampage fight, but if you're gonna "apply standards" they should apply for everyone, if not, then they apply to no one.
    I agree and disagree, its a business, not church, so there's no real reason to be "fair." Employers don't need to be fair for letting employees go who aren't profitable and would understandably favor powerful money makers for the company. Chairman vs Janitor, Chairman will have some irrefutable perks in all aspects. Policies are one thing, but ideals are subjective and very permeable to suite the employers liking $$$

    I agree Dana is a douche, but as far as favoring a powerful investment over a nothing and nobody, its an obvious business no brainer. Dana isn't a preacher running a church, what reason would he have as a business man to uphold morals over his wallet?

    Douche'ness happens in the world of business too often.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,145
    Answers
    1

    Also, with Taylor, he was acting like a huge douche when he hadn't even accomplished anything, yet. Dana's reasoning was that he was not ready for the spotlight and was not mature enough to hanlde the responsibility. I am not justifying what Rampage did, but there is a difference.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Registered User
    Condition1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    492
    Answers
    0

    I don't buy into the Rampage hype. Toss up victories over Lindland and Henderson. KO'd Eastman, pretty much what was expected of him. KO'd Liddell, which was damn impressive, against a guy he's shown to beat standing and on the ground before.

    I'm not downplaying Rampage, I just don't buy the hype that he's a way better fighter than before. He's probably gotten better with experience, but I don't see the spectacular transformation everyone preaches about.
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,145
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    I don't buy into the Rampage hype. Toss up victories over Lindland and Henderson. KO'd Eastman, pretty much what was expected of him. KO'd Liddell, which was damn impressive, against a guy he's shown to beat standing and on the ground before.

    I'm not downplaying Rampage, I just don't buy the hype that he's a way better fighter than before. He's probably gotten better with experience, but I don't see the spectacular transformation everyone preaches about.
    The main difference is his preparation. He seems dedicated to the game much more these days and the biggest difference is his technical boxing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    His boxing is day and night from his Pride days. He went from a wrestler/slammer, to primarily a striker.
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Registered User
    Condition1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    492
    Answers
    0

    I suppose, but if anyone in MMA has made A night and day improvement in their preparation since the Pride days is Wanderlei Silva. The guy went from not watching much film on fighters and just sticking to the Chute Boxe game plan/instincts to preparing for taller opponents via Forrest in training and wrestling with guys in Extreme Couture.

    It was a short 36 seconds, but it was fairly evident when Jardine couldn't land a hit to save his life while Wandy countered and assaulted at the smell of blood. Old instincts with new strategy.

    Hopefully it happens.
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Answers
    0

    Some trilogies aren't worth having. Chuck-Rampage III, for example, would be a total waste of time. Chuck has zero chance of winning that fight. Chuck had his ass beaten worse each of the two times he fought Rampage, and when you add in the fact that his other fights of late are not impressive at all, you get an ugly, ugly third fight for the man.

    But other trilogies are indeed worth having and Silva-Jackson III is one of them. One guy, in this case Jackson, may have lost the first two fights already, but the fights were at least competitive. And given his recent performances, one can reason he stands a very good chance of winning the third fight.

    Compelling fight. Not sure which way to go with it quite yet, though.
  23. Registered User
    escargo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Let me get this straight,

    On the UFC show, Jesse Taylor kicks a limousine window out, "terrorizes female guests" and tells security "I'm a f*cking UFC fighter" and he gets kicked off the show.

    Now, Rampage gets arrested for a hit and run on a pregnant lady, who later miscarriges, although the doc says it's not related to the hit and run and then, he gets admitted for psych issues, yet he's still gonna fight.

    Dana's talk about Jesse in the show, when he said I don't want someone like that representing the UFC and Rampage said the same thing and agreed with Dana, yet Dana is gonna let him fight....

    I think Dana shoulda said, "I'm only gonna stand by my morals if you're not guaranteed to make me money, if you are, they go out the window"

    It's not that I don't want want Rampage to fight, UFC is a fighting Organization not a legal one, let Rampage fight, but if you're gonna "apply standards" they should apply for everyone, if not, then they apply to no one.
    Jesse Taylor isn't a money maker, Page is. On that note, I hope Wand holds a tight clinch and knees the **** out of him :bruce2:
  24. Registered User
    DaTruthMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    I don't buy into the Rampage hype. Toss up victories over Lindland and Henderson. KO'd Eastman, pretty much what was expected of him. KO'd Liddell, which was damn impressive, against a guy he's shown to beat standing and on the ground before.

    I'm not downplaying Rampage, I just don't buy the hype that he's a way better fighter than before. He's probably gotten better with experience, but I don't see the spectacular transformation everyone preaches about.

    Jackson is a dangerous fighter and although he was very one dimensional in his last fight against griffin, jackson has shown that he is well rounded. the lindland fight was close, but jackson clearly beat him. also same goes for hendo, jackson out wrestled hendo.
    Well if you look at his earlier fights in PRIDE you can tell that there was a difference in his game. Mainly it was his dedication and training for MMA. Jackson has a good gas tank now and can go 5 rounds were as back in High Octane jackson was gassed after the first round. These weakeness is what cost his fight with wand at high octane.
    Expect to see a different outcome if they fight because I am pretty sure Dana wants this match up really bad.
  25. Registered User
    Condition1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    492
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DaTruthMMA View Post
    Jackson is a dangerous fighter and although he was very one dimensional in his last fight against griffin, jackson has shown that he is well rounded. the lindland fight was close, but jackson clearly beat him. also same goes for hendo, jackson out wrestled hendo.
    Well if you look at his earlier fights in PRIDE you can tell that there was a difference in his game. Mainly it was his dedication and training for MMA. Jackson has a good gas tank now and can go 5 rounds were as back in High Octane jackson was gassed after the first round. These weakeness is what cost his fight with wand at high octane.
    Expect to see a different outcome if they fight because I am pretty sure Dana wants this match up really bad.
    I'd agree that he looked a bit sluggish before the KO in the 03 GP. But, during high octane he didn't appear to be very exhausted. I believe it was that wide right hook followed by a merciless clinch that caused him the loss.

    Page has always been a dangerous striker with decent defense both standing and wrestling. I think he's always been as good as he is, better with experience. You guys have a point with his boxing and cardio, I just don't know if it's enough to dismiss the Rampage of old vs todays rampage.

    As for the outcome... It's going to be hard for Wand to hang him from the cage as he did against the ropes following the brutal KO. I dunno, maybe I'm just a biased nutt-hugger
  26. Registered User
    maxparin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    52
    Answers
    0

    i love bothe these crazy mofos . rampage is gonna be hoppin mad if he loses
  27. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    This is going to be a heart tugger. They're both respectable fighters, I like them both, Page for his personality and humor and Wand for his unparalleled class. I can't Wand enough respect for his class and genuine heart to simply be a fighter and not a super star. He looks like an albino ape, but he's up there in fighters I respect most.
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Registered User
    Condition1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    492
    Answers
    0

    MMAWEEKLY.COM has it up now, a more reliable source: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...6922&zoneid=14

    Not a bad fight, I have Wand.
  29. Registered User
    jas123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,066
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    MMAWEEKLY.COM has it up now, a more reliable source: http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...6922&zoneid=14

    Not a bad fight, I have Wand.
    Yeah, but it's still just a rumor.
  30. Registered User
    DaTruthMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    I'd agree that he looked a bit sluggish before the KO in the 03 GP. But, during high octane he didn't appear to be very exhausted. I believe it was that wide right hook followed by a merciless clinch that caused him the loss.

    Page has always been a dangerous striker with decent defense both standing and wrestling. I think he's always been as good as he is, better with experience. You guys have a point with his boxing and cardio, I just don't know if it's enough to dismiss the Rampage of old vs todays rampage.

    As for the outcome... It's going to be hard for Wand to hang him from the cage as he did against the ropes following the brutal KO. I dunno, maybe I'm just a biased nutt-hugger
    Indeed, believe me I've watched the High Octane fight over and over for two reasons at how unbelieveably intense the fight was and the hl reel ko. These guys are warriors and always looking for the HL reel ko and that is what makes this fight so freaking exciting.
    Clearly Jackson was gassed in the second round you can tell from his breathing, his stance, his arms were low, and his punched were sloppy.
    With Jackson's improved cardio and stand up I disagree with Wand finishing him in similar fashion.
    War Rampage.
  31. Registered User
    DaTruthMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    This is going to be a heart tugger. They're both respectable fighters, I like them both, Page for his personality and humor and Wand for his unparalleled class. I can't Wand enough respect for his class and genuine heart to simply be a fighter and not a super star. He looks like an albino ape, but he's up there in fighters I respect most.
    QFT



  32. Registered User
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Answers
    0

    The gorilla looks more like Tito to me.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,145
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    The gorilla looks more like Tito to me.
    Haha

    Wand is more of a vanilla gorilla anyway.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Wanderlei Silva: Fighters Life - Episode 2
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 01:50 PM
  2. Feliz Aniversario! Wanderlei Silva
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 11:24 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 12:18 AM
  4. Wanderlei Silva's Greatest Hits DVD
    By Beowulf in forum MMA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in