Oh goodness Kimbo is back

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats right, his next fight is 10/4 and will be against 44 year old Ken Shamrock.

How sad will this have to be. Ken will try to stand, get clocked and put out. Then the casual MMA observer will think that Kimbo is for real, b/c he ko's Ken. So sad!!!!

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Kimbo's a joke. Marketing is a powerful thing though

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
What a ****ing horrible fight.... Ken's gotten KOed by nobodies lately.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Godawful. I knew they wouldnt let Kimbo fight Rogers. Ken better retire after this.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
wow, and some people complain about the UFC and its match ups, this is ridiculous.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just hope Kimbo gets sloppy on the ground, b/c even an older/slower ken can still catch him on the ground <hopefully>

If not, please just give Kimbo someone who can fight, it is ridiculous that the casual fan thinks he is an mma fighter

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This card is shaping up decently. Sure, Kimbo vs Ken isn't the greatest fight. Radach is fighting Ninja, good fight. Shields is fighting Semtex, god I hope Semtex can stay on his feet a bit. Plus Carano and a few other fights. I think it'll be pretty good. I'm interested in all of these fights, even Shamrock/Kimbo. Semtex is gonna KO Shields. I bet this is gonna be by far the best CBS EliteXC event, that aint saying much though.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i was about to post this up. I dont know what to think

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What to think is that EliteXC is about making money with what they have. They know Kimbo vs Shamrock should pull some numbers. They don't care so much about putting together good fights as they do putting together fights that will make them money. In the long run the former would pay off. Anyways, Kimbo/Shamrock will be good for a giggle, and the rest of the card, particularly Shields/Semtex, and Ninja/Radach, should be good.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Do you think Radach can hang with Ninja? I haven't really seen much of him since his fight with Sherk. I guess if Avant sponsored him he must be good, just like the white Sakuraba. :run:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Do you think Radach can hang with Ninja? I haven't really seen much of him since his fight with Sherk. I guess if Avant sponsored him he must be good, just like the white Sakuraba. :run:
He's no Ivey, but yeah he can hang with Ninja. Radach hits real hard and is solid all around. Should be a real good fight. I can't wait to see Semtex, it's been a while. I'm trying to hear some "If I lose you can bang me mum" type stuff, post fight.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Building up Kimbo is a good thing though. When he fights some decent competition you can reel all the idiots in and make a killing with a few bets. I though he was supposed to fight Rogers which would probably have been more entertaining. And it's good to see Noons still ducking Diaz.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
What to think is that EliteXC is about making money with what they have. They know Kimbo vs Shamrock should pull some numbers. They don't care so much about putting together good fights as they do putting together fights that will make them money. In the long run the former would pay off. Anyways, Kimbo/Shamrock will be good for a giggle, and the rest of the card, particularly Shields/Semtex, and Ninja/Radach, should be good.
As sad as it is, the fate of Elite XC is riding on Kimbo. They're WAY in the red, and although they have some good fighters, Kimbo is their biggest draw. If he loses, he loses mass appeal, and Elite XC sinks.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I guess I am the only one that enjoys watching heavy handed hitters slug it out. Last night I watched rerun of Nogeira VS Herring & loved it. Can't say I love the ground game as much.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Of course. Nog's heavy handed?

The reason it's dumb is that Shamrock has been KOed by everyone, and there's no mystery in it. Shamrock's not heavy handed either.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The heaviest thing Nogeira has is his chin. Heavy hands :think:

Apart from that, I like watching a good thrashing myself, but I don't watch Nogeira for thrashings.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
I guess I am the only one that enjoys watching heavy handed hitters slug it out. Last night I watched rerun of Nogeira VS Herring & loved it. Can't say I love the ground game as much.
Oh no, I love it too. I 'd venture to say that 90% or more of the crowd in attendance loves it that way too.:duel:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh no, I love it too. I 'd venture to say that 90% or more of the crowd in attendance loves it that way too.:duel:
Maybe some crappy redneck crowd. True fans of the sport like to see every dimension in a fight. Don't get me wrong I like slugfests, but I like technical striking and grappling as well. Nice sig btw, pfff.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe some crappy redneck crowd. True fans of the sport like to see every dimension in a fight. Don't get me wrong I like slugfests, but I like technical striking and grappling as well.
Word. Every current champ is very technical at some aspect of the game and most of their forte's are grappling (Forrest and Andy are the only one's who aren't great grapplers, but Andy's still really good).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe some crappy redneck crowd. True fans of the sport like to see every dimension in a fight. Don't get me wrong I like slugfests, but I like technical striking and grappling as well. Nice sig btw, pfff.
he speaks tha trufe

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
Let Monson have his shot at Kimbo.

Then we'll see if it's a marketing ploy

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Kimbo's a joke. Marketing is a powerful thing though

I agree Kimbo's got alot more to learn but for all you who feel he's a joke I'd love to see you get in the ring with him. You have to respect most of the fighters that do this for a living and keep the insults about yourselves because they are doing it and your not. :nono:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Word. Every current champ is very technical at some aspect of the game and most of their forte's are grappling (Forrest and Andy are the only one's who aren't great grapplers, but Andy's still really good).

I think a lot of people underestimate their ground skills, though maybe not so much with Silva. I doubt the Nogueiras just hand out black belts. Forrest has a fair number of finishes by submission as well.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Shamrocks reflexes and speed have greatly diminished, hes always been a sloppy puncher imo. Hes clearly got descent brain damage and it was a homage that he got to make the money and fight tito three times to a fake beef scenario. Its sad that he hasnt hung it up yet and will not have the mental apptitude to enjoy it when he does retire. I predict a blatantly retarded shamrock in the not so distant future that will have people really noticing the effects of blunt force trauma to his head. For kens safety i think a quick glancing KO is in his best interest and i hope he doesnt get another concussion. I hope to god he quits. Kimbo gasses hes a flash in the pan fighter and one of the chumps he gets fed is going to beat him and it will be controversial and they will rematch and with a guy who hits like a truck he only needs one punch...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think a lot of people underestimate their ground skills, though maybe not so much with Silva. I doubt the Nogueiras just hand out black belts. Forrest has a fair number of finishes by submission as well.
BJ's ground game is well know, but GSP has easily the best wrestling at 170.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I feel bad for Ken because this is a lose/lose for him.

Except for the money, I guess...

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
wow, and some people complain about the UFC and its match ups, this is ridiculous.
lol

ken should have never even fought tito especialy how many times he did. made people think tito was good even though he was just ok.

KEN WIN VIA SUBMISSION 2nd ROUND

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I agree Kimbo's got alot more to learn but for all you who feel he's a joke I'd love to see you get in the ring with him. You have to respect most of the fighters that do this for a living and keep the insults about yourselves because they are doing it and your not. :nono:
Dude, how do you come up with this sh*t? The guys not saying he could kick Kimbo's a$$, he's saying he's far from a top level fighter. The way you worded it didn't even make sense.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Glamrock has what left in his worn out trick bag? Tie Kimbo up and throw the Pancrease of old heel hook on him?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Dude, how do you come up with this sh*t? The guys not saying he could kick Kimbo's a$$, he's saying he's far from a top level fighter. The way you worded it didn't even make sense.
Glad to see you back as I missed you dearly. I was about stand outside your house last night :

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This card is shaping up decently. Sure, Kimbo vs Ken isn't the greatest fight. Radach is fighting Ninja, good fight. Shields is fighting Semtex, god I hope Semtex can stay on his feet a bit. Plus Carano and a few other fights. I think it'll be pretty good. I'm interested in all of these fights, even Shamrock/Kimbo. Semtex is gonna KO Shields. I bet this is gonna be by far the best CBS EliteXC event, that aint saying much though.
Add Robdog's boy Rob Nelson vs Arlovski to this card. This card is looking pretty solid, can't wait. At least 3 solid fights, plus I want to see Shamrock KO'd bad or Kimbo embarrased.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Kimbo isnt like Tank Abbot.. he is actually training and trying to get better. I dont know why every one is hating on him. Id like to see all those people that say he sucks say that to his face!.. or even Ken Shamrock. Keyboard warriors! no respect, no balls!!!

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Forrest not a good grappler????????? with all due respect, this is one of the few time im gonna have to disagree Rodja

whose Andy?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Kimbo isnt like Tank Abbot.. he is actually training and trying to get better. I dont know why every one is hating on him. Id like to see all those people that say he sucks say that to his face!.. or even Ken Shamrock. Keyboard warriors! no respect, no balls!!!
Dude, you need to learn how to take **** in context. No one is saying they'd beat Kimbo's ass, they're simply saying he gets waaay too much respect and hype and that he's not that great of a fighter. Is it that hard to understand? "Say it to his face", what are you 12 years old, geez!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established

I respect any man with the dedication and heart to put himself on the line... that does not mean everyone has to say how awesome they are because of it, or only remark on a fighter when we think "we can take em".

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I respect any man with the dedication and heart to put himself on the line... that does not mean everyone has to say how awesome they are because of it, or only remark on a fighter when we think "we can take em".
yeah i GUESS, I think everyone knows he isnt well rounded or highly skilled..even the people that like him.

He is popular and in a few years if he trains hard he will be a force to be reckoned with. Even now he is dangerous to ANY fighter he faces.

How many backyard fights has he been in? That takes big balls! He was smart enough to record it and put it on the intranet.

I believe he has earned the fame that he has gotten....anyone that thinks otherwise is just hatin'

Shamrock should retire but "Old Warriors Die Hard"
he might also be doing it purely to make money but can you blame him... thats what the sport has turned into now.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dude, you need to learn how to take **** in context. No one is saying they'd beat Kimbo's ass, they're simply saying he gets waaay too much respect and hype and that he's not that great of a fighter. Is it that hard to understand? "Say it to his face", what are you 12 years old, geez!
he does deserve the respect, and last time I checked everyone knows he isnt a top contender. He is one of the few fighters (if not the only one) with an interesting profile that fans have been following for a long time. If he doesnt deserve the hype, then tell me who does?
It takes balls to get in backyard fights regardless if the guys your fighting are trained or not... and to do it as many times as he has sheeeeiit! he doesnt deserve respect my A$$

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Add Robdog's boy Rob Nelson vs Arlovski to this card. This card is looking pretty solid, can't wait. At least 3 solid fights, plus I want to see Shamrock KO'd bad or Kimbo embarrased.
This fight is gonna be funny.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
yeah i GUESS, I think everyone knows he isnt well rounded or highly skilled..even the people that like him.

He is popular and in a few years if he trains hard he will be a force to be reckoned with. Even now he is dangerous to ANY fighter he faces.

How many backyard fights has he been in? That takes big balls! He was smart enough to record it and put it on the intranet.

I believe he has earned the fame that he has gotten....anyone that thinks otherwise is just hatin'

Shamrock should retire but "Old Warriors Die Hard"
he might also be doing it purely to make money but can you blame him... thats what the sport has turned into now.
Some people are just interesting characters, Kimbo being one, he got our attention with rediculous KO power and being able to eat two free punches on the chin.
Hes got a head with its own moon orbiting it and sickly musculature.
Hes interesting to watch because hes explosive and anything can happen, i think this attracts the average joe with a chin and a right hand with big dreams.
I think its a bit of an oddity attraction, his story, persona and genetics. If you consider all that he is very entertaining and training with bas can only make him better, that being said he's a man that faces the same scruitiny of onlookers and fans of any person in the limelight. Like a wine judge or movie critic we all hold our personal assessment.
Hes not that good IMO, and is unique in that hes contending with fighters with a very different path than his. If fighting was standing face to face and taking turn on eachothers faces than hed prolly go really far, but it isnt so it doesnt make sense to consider only those factors. He can develop his skills and i bet he will, it takes time to get it all dialed in and when the hooks cant get it done he will need sub defence and stamina like most mortal men.

I honestly feel bad for shammy, he came before there was any money in the ufc and fought hard to the best of his ability. Stay in school kids.

DaTruthMMA

DaTruthMMA

Awards
I understand the Kimbo hate, but at the same time people should lay off the guy because it is not his fault that Elite XC wants to feed him chumps and increase his popularity solely for the benefit of the company. Kimbo is a respectful fighter to his opponents and to his fans so just because he has that "ghetto" or "thug" look doesn't make him bad for the sport.
He is marketable because of his look and presence and that is not something to be mad about. Kimbo is dedicated to becoming a better fighter and if he was a Tank, who clearly just relied on his street fighting experience and never really trained hard, I could understand the hate on that part. Other than that, I see Kimbo KOing Ken brutally.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Let's face it...brute power/strength is exciting! Enter Brock Lesnar.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I understand the Kimbo hate, but at the same time people should lay off the guy because it is not his fault that Elite XC wants to feed him chumps and increase his popularity solely for the benefit of the company. Kimbo is a respectful fighter to his opponents and to his fans so just because he has that "ghetto" or "thug" look doesn't make him bad for the sport.
He is marketable because of his look and presence and that is not something to be mad about. Kimbo is dedicated to becoming a better fighter and if he was a Tank, who clearly just relied on his street fighting experience and never really trained hard, I could understand the hate on that part. Other than that, I see Kimbo KOing Ken brutally.
I dont hate Kimbo, just his retarded fanbase.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I honestly feel bad for shammy, he came before there was any money in the ufc and fought hard to the best of his ability. Stay in school kids.
He is a pioneer and is a warrior and has a lot of heart.

He is like a founding father of MMA!

No one gives him that respect.
As a fighter I will always respect him, and never talk sh!t about him.
Every single fighter should do the same... because if it wanst for people like him, and the Gracie family, and Pele, Chute Boxe, Yves, Vale Tudo, NHB and all the old school.... There would be no MMA. Its sad but instructors hardly teach discipline and respect anymore in MMA Dojos.. seems like now adays its all about kicking a$$ and money.

I dont expect fans of the sport to understand that but those who practice and compete should.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only new fans aka the TUF generation disrespect the pioneers of the sport. Gracie's, Bas, Shammy's, Frye, Severn, etc changed the game and helped to elevate it to the status it currently holds. IMO, the 2 most influential fighters in MMA history are Royce and Coleman. Every elite fighter has to have not only a solid submission game, but also has to know how to defend against the takedown/GnP.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
He is a pioneer and is a warrior and has a lot of heart.

He is like a founding father of MMA!

No one gives him that respect.
As a fighter I will always respect him, and never talk sh!t about him.
Every single fighter should do the same... because if it wanst for people like him, and the Gracie family, and Pele, Chute Boxe, Yves, Vale Tudo, NHB and all the old school.... There would be no MMA. Its sad but instructors hardly teach discipline and respect anymore in MMA Dojos.. seems like now adays its all about kicking a$$ and money.

I dont expect fans of the sport to understand that but those who practice and compete should.
Shamrock might want to take a look in the mirror.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Shamrock might want to take a look in the mirror.
warriors die hard, even when they know they are done, when they know they are too old! unless your a warrior then you cant understand that!
Its in your blood and your heart pumps it in your veins. All the greatest fighters end up that way (fighting after their prime).

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Only new fans aka the TUF generation disrespect the pioneers of the sport. Gracie's, Bas, Shammy's, Frye, Severn, etc changed the game and helped to elevate it to the status it currently holds. IMO, the 2 most influential fighters in MMA history are Royce and Coleman. Every elite fighter has to have not only a solid submission game, but also has to know how to defend against the takedown/GnP.
I dont think Coleman deserves the spot at the very top but definitely up there!
Royce for sure is #1

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think Coleman deserves the spot at the very top but definitely up there!
Royce for sure is #1
He brought wrestling and the GnP aspect tp the forefront. Who else has had as strong of an influence as Coleman outside of Royce? Fedor, GSP, Hughes, etc have all used Coleman's style to dominate their respective divisions.