• Established
tell me why cote? he sucks and i think he is gonna get his azz kicked

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sadly he has earned it, b beating whomever they put in front of him and Okami is hurt. There is no one else at 185

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's fairly pointless, but I guess it will be fun to watch Silva destroy someone again.

Vika back in the building.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
sadly he has earned it, b beating whomever they put in front of him and Okami is hurt. There is no one else at 185
He earned it without facing a top 5 185lber? I'd rather see Shields fight Anderson but it will still be entertaining to see Silva crush Cote.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
He earned it without facing a top 5 185lber? I'd rather see Shields fight Anderson but it will still be entertaining to see Silva crush Cote.
How do you think Shields would fare against GSP? I'm a little uncertain of how good Jake is. I understand your point, though, that Jake is the type of fighter to give Anderson problems.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly, Anderson needs a fight, so they take the guy who has won a few in a row and feed him to the spider.

There is honestly no one else in the UFC at 185
Franklin?
Henderson?
Oh wait......Bisping :lol:

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Because ufc's mw division sucks, and shields is a ww. Bad suggestion.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly, Anderson needs a fight, so they take the guy who has won a few in a row and feed him to the spider.

There is honestly no one else in the UFC at 185
Franklin?
Henderson?
Oh wait......Bisping :lol:
this post had me rolling :toofunny:...feed him to the spider

I would rather see Bisping try and run away then get killed by the Spider, I mean it i mean KILLED

p.s im not a Bisping fan.... :D

Vika back in the hizzzouse!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think we might see Bisping in there sooner than we think, and he will get destroyed in horrible fashion. The only way to make a little competition at 185, is have Silva move to 205 permanently.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I gotta say, if they're just gonna match him with Cote they're better of without making him have to defend his tittle and just giving hiim a couple more shots at 205 guys.

That would've been A LOT more fun if you ask me.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I too would rather see Anderson at 205 as there are a number of good match-ups. Hell, just skip 205 and have him move up to fight Fedor and settle the p4p issue once and for all. Anderson walks around in the 220s and his certainly tall enough for hw and with his striking skills I think he could possibly defeat Fedor, though not too likely. I only mentioned Shield, because he was calling out GSP. But honestly, he should fight Condit before even considering GSP.

I guess with Okami injured, the UFC let Anderson pick his opponent and Cote was the victim.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt mind seeing The Spider move up to 205 permanently, he's just got no challenges at 185.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldnt mind seeing The Spider move up to 205 permanently, he's just got no challenges at 185.
That's only because Dana is a tard and will not bring in more top-10 MW into the UFC. Lindland, Kang, Akiyama, and maybe Manhoef could pose a threat to Andy. That being said, all this P4P BS and Goat talk is ridiculous because Fedor has proven to be the best MMAist that we have ever seen to this point.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
That's only because Dana is a tard and will not bring in more top-10 MW into the UFC. Lindland, Kang, Akiyama, and maybe Manhoef could pose a threat to Andy. That being said, all this P4P BS and Goat talk is ridiculous because Fedor has proven to be the best MMAist that we have ever seen to this point.
Bingo. And when you compare records and quality of opponents, GSP is clearly #2.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
You guys have some irrational hate of Silva. He's beat top 5 MW's 4 times (Franklin x 2, Hendo, Nate - and Leben! :think:). Lindland looked horrible against Nagao. Akiyama, well is amazing, nothing wrong with that one. Manhoef would be interesting as hell to me but could be in trouble in the clinch and with testing. Kang would get KOed like he did against Yoshi. The focused Pride Filho would be interesting, but they are on the same team. I don't think he's being shielded at all.

The GOAT talk is overboard as I've said before, but he's #1 P4P to me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I really don't think GSP is better than Anderson, p4p. All time I'm not sure, but over the last couple years, Anderson has looked better than GSP. He's fought equal to if not better competition(he fights more often, as well.) GSP lost to Serra not that long ago, who wasn't even top 10. I don't know, its pretty close, but I'd have to give the edge to Anderson.

Fedor
Anderson
GSP

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I really don't think GSP is better than Anderson, p4p. All time I'm not sure, but over the last couple years, Anderson has looked better than GSP. He's fought equal to if not better competition(he fights more often, as well.) GSP lost to Serra not that long ago, who wasn't even top 10. I don't know, its pretty close, but I'd have to give the edge to Anderson.

Fedor
Anderson
GSP

Gotta disagree with you and Jas. GSP has cleaned out a MUCH deeper division than Anderson. GSP has also avenged both of his losses in very convincing fashion. Think of all the top 10 fighters GSP has beaten compared to the top 10 fighters Anderson has beaten. GSP beat Hughes when he was ranked #1. He beat Serra when he was ranked #1 (even though that ranking was ridiculous). He beat Hughes again when Hughed was #3. He beat Kos when he was #4. He beat Penn (cant remember his ranking at the time). He recently beat Fitch who is ranked #2. He beat Trigg when Trigg was a top 5 WW. Add to that list the dominations of Sherk and Mayhem. Other than Penn, these fights were all one-sided.

Anderson has looked great lately. He beat Franklin twice (who i believed was ranked #1, then #4). He beat Hendo who was ranked #3. He beat Marquardt who was #5. He also beat Horn when he had a decent ranking. Other than that, he hasnt beaten anyone in the top 10. He has losses to Azeredo, Chonan, and Takase, (who holds a record of 7 and 12, yes I know it was a long time ago). I wont count the Okami loss against him. I just dont see how you can put him over GSP in a P4P ranking.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Gotta disagree with you and Jas. GSP has cleaned out a MUCH deeper division than Anderson. GSP has also avenged both of his losses in very convincing fashion. Think of all the top 10 fighters GSP has beaten compared to the top 10 fighters Anderson has beaten. GSP beat Hughes when he was ranked #1. He beat Serra when he was ranked #1 (even though that ranking was ridiculous). He beat Hughes again when Hughed was #3. He beat Kos when he was #4. He beat Penn (cant remember his ranking at the time). He recently beat Fitch who is ranked #2. He beat Trigg when Trigg was a top 5 WW. Add to that list the dominations of Sherk and Mayhem. Other than Penn, these fights were all one-sided.

Anderson has looked great lately. He beat Franklin twice (who i believed was ranked #1, then #4). He beat Hendo who was ranked #3. He beat Marquardt who was #5. He also beat Horn when he had a decent ranking. Other than that, he hasnt beaten anyone in the top 10. He has losses to Azeredo, Chonan, and Takase, (who holds a record of 7 and 12, yes I know it was a long time ago). I wont count the Okami loss against him. I just dont see how you can put him over GSP in a P4P ranking.
Well, I definitely think its close, but I'd still give the edge to Anderson. All of his losses were a long time ago. GSP's losses were more recent. I also feel that GSP had a draw with Penn. I did forget that GSP beat Kos, which is another solid win. Anderson finishes all of his fights, which should count for something. GSP has improved tremendously, but I think Anderson has improved even more.

Oh, and lets not forget that Anderson beat Lee Murray, who is one of the greatest of all time, and the coolest dude ever.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In terms of other MW's out there, Akiyama might make it interesting, but like most of them IMO Silva is too well rounded. We saw him take a nice beating by Hendo in round 1, only to come back and dominate in round 2. I would see a Lindland fight going the same way, and I dont think Lindland has the chin of hendo.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see a lyoto machida match with anderson, considering the style match ups. I dont see how cote has much of a chance maybe GnP but he does have knockout power, dont really see him with many openings that wont get him caught in a web sling of straight shots. Id also be curious to see how the spider rebounds from his devastation victory, honestly i cant see it going to his head since he seems like a great guy full of joy and gratitude. Hes always smiling and rightfully so, i dont like theses "im going to kill him" guys.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to see a lyoto machida match with anderson, considering the style match ups. I dont see how cote has much of a chance maybe GnP but he does have knockout power, dont really see him with many openings that wont get him caught in a web sling of straight shots. Id also be curious to see how the spider rebounds from his devastation victory, honestly i cant see it going to his head since he seems like a great guy full of joy and gratitude. Hes always smiling and rightfully so, i dont like theses "im going to kill him" guys.
They would never fight, though.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Machida/Anderson will never fight? Silva could move to 205 like Franklin so it's a possibility. Apparently the UFC feels Rashard is next in line for a title shot so who knows when Machida will get a crack or who his next opponent will be. Actually they probably should have had Evans/Machida for the #1 contender.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I doubt Machida/Silva will ever happen; I don't make a habit of taking fighters at their word, but in this case I do. Machida is the predominant reason Anderson has not pursued more fights and/or a permanent place in the 205 division.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Machida/Anderson will never fight? Silva could move to 205 like Franklin so it's a possibility. Apparently the UFC feels Rashard is next in line for a title shot so who knows when Machida will get a crack or who his next opponent will be. Actually they probably should have had Evans/Machida for the #1 contender.
Its RASHAD GODDAMMIT, not Rashard :aargh:. I already made a thread about this. That is all. :)

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ above post. I love the fact that machida almost never gets hit, after the liddel performance id wonder how the rashad machida fight would play out, prolly amazing, id give the edge to machida on the ground. In all likely hood rashads althleticism has increased all around and his stand up leads me to believe hes got a solid prefight gameplan and confidence galore.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ above post. I love the fact that machida almost never gets hit, after the liddel performance id wonder how the rashad machida fight would play out, prolly amazing, id give the edge to machida on the ground. In all likely hood rashads althleticism has increased all around and his stand up leads me to believe hes got a solid prefight gameplan and confidence galore.
It would be interesting to know the result, but the fight would boring as hell to watch.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
I won't go so far as to say Rashad's KO over Chuck was a fluke.... BUT he doesn't belong at the top, much less a title shot.

If GSP beats BJ Penn, it would be very good entertainment to see a super fight between GSP and Anderson. But, Anderson is huge at 185.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Silva and Cote, I'm pretty sure Silva will win, but upsets are nothing out of the ordinary lately, if Silva's chin is on the wrong place at the wrong time it "could be lights out", it's rare but the possibility exists.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If Silva loses to Cote I'm gonna lop off my balls.

escargo

Awards
Cote isn't ready. I don't think he ever will be. Here's how the fights gonna go. Cote is gonna be acting all cool in his corner muddering french cus words, the bell is gonna ring, Anderson is gonna watch him throw a couple slow punches in front of him, he will wait a bit more just out of respect then he will tag him. Of coarse Cote will give it his all but Silva will shortly after, tag him again. Then there will be a big flurry and Cote will get caught by 95% of his punches and end up giving a low brow to the ref at the end of round 1.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Watched an interview with Cote and he admitted his face was going to take a beating, he feels it' going to be a war. He certainly doesn't believe he is going down in the fight, and of course he said he is going to win.....all the whild admitting Silva is the best P4P fighter out there and of course whe wants to fight only the best. I fear for him....he's is of course a fellow Canadian although he is french/canadian and many of those frenchies want to separate!

Lucky.