Where is Soriano going too land?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
He is one of this yrs. top prizes, anyone have any idea where u think he will end up.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Cubs 136 million over 8 years. It already happened.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow.. That is going to be one heck of a 3-4-5: Soriano, Lee, A. Ramierez

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
And dont forget Lou Pinella coachin them. Cubs look to turn it around in the central. I still dont know why they signed Wood, he is too risky IMO. But if Wood, Prior, and Zambrano are all healthy the whole year. Good bye STL. But from the past say 4 years?? that is about a 5% chance to happen.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
they signed wood to an incentive laden contract mostly dealing with if he becomes their closer. prior on the other hand... he will be injured during spring training, come back too soon, stink it up, blame on the previous injury not being healed and being placed on ir for the remainder of the season. you can bank on that. but this signing is huge. never thought id see the north side spend money. pinella must be one helluva negotiator.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I think Pinella was the best thing to happen to the cubbies.

He said he was going to spend some money and looks like he followed through. Soriana is worth every penny.

Just get some pitching and thier a playoff team!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is going to be one of the worst contracts in MLB history. When has Soriano ever had to carry a team? He is one of the highest paid players, but most do not even consider to be a top 10 position player. Also, he will be 38 when then contract is over. A 5 year deal, maybe, but 8 years :wtf:

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
This is going to be one of the worst contracts in MLB history. When has Soriano ever had to carry a team? He is one of the highest paid players, but most do not even consider to be a top 10 position player. Also, he will be 38 when then contract is over. A 5 year deal, maybe, but 8 years :wtf:
Well he did have to carry the Nationals last year. We all saw how they did, but the Cubs have a better team around him with Lee, Aramis, DeRosa(who is not worth half of what they payed him), Pierre and then the pitching trio.

Also he would be right behind Utley in 2nd baseman if ever goes back there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well he did have to carry the Nationals last year. We all saw how they did, but the Cubs have a better team around him with Lee, Aramis, DeRosa(who is not worth half of what they payed him), Pierre and then the pitching trio.

Also he would be right behind Utley in 2nd baseman if ever goes back there.
Carried the N'tls to what? 20 games under .500; wouldn't exactly say that is an accomplishment. And Pierre filed for free agency and most likely will sign somewhere else. He is not worth that contract - the only players worthy of that contract right now are Pujols and Howard.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
Pitching trio? AAAaaaaahahaha! Look for injuries to the Cubs pitching staff early in the season. Soriano will go down w/ an ab strain, and Lee will tweak his hammy (or whatever he hurt this past season) about mid-April :D

BTW I'm a Cards fan...

GO CARDS!!!

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Carried the N'tls to what? 20 games under .500; wouldn't exactly say that is an accomplishment. And Pierre filed for free agency and most likely will sign somewhere else. He is not worth that contract - the only players worthy of that contract right now are Pujols and Howard.
I wasnt trying to say he carried them and did well. I meant that we saw him in the role of leading a team and it lead to nothing. And yeah I missed Pierre filing and now is getting 45 million for the Dodgers. And no he isnt worth the contract, but the cubs are desperate and thats why they over payed him. Just like a lot of clubs do.

johnz

www.bestpricenutrition.co m
Awards
I could care less if this deal was for 500 years...I want to see a WS before Im d im dead, and if this helps, Im for it.
Big Z is the best young, dynamic pitcher in the game...and Rich Hill has an Uncle Charlie that might be better then Zito's. They need to figure out what they're going to do about starting pitching, but its barely December and the offense looks good. Shortstops a HUGE hole though. Izturis is terrible, and Id like to see Cedeno have an oppoy to compete for the starting job.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
the cubbies will choke like usual:nutkick: