Rogers was masterful, but did he cheat?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Innings Eater
    I'll bet you hear later from LaRussa that he'd regret not being more forceful with his questioning of Rogers' hand. He enjoys the label of "baseball mastermind". He doesn't admit making mistakes too often.

Re: pitching in 40 degree weather.....When do you think college baseball is played? It begins in February. All that's needed when it's really cold out is a semi-warm hand and a quick lick of the fingertips.....yes, even for a pitcher who relies on the breaking ball. Visible tar on the pitching hand is over the line.

Stealing signs IS part of the game. When done in person. i.e. When the catcher doesn't close his legs up enough and the first-base coach has an open view or a runner on second picks up the sequence. HOWEVER, when the pitch is being relayed from a TV in the clubhouse to the dugout to the batter, THAT's understood well as crossing the line, as well.

Pros also play under a different "code" that few of us are ever lucky enough to play under. A guy on the pine in the bigs would probably be embarassed/ashamed to relegate himself to stealing signs knowing he could be on that team later in the year.

End of rant, sorry.
    1 quick question......Do u even play baseball and if so @ what level??? Doesn't really sound like it...sorry

2. My thoughts are Larussa knew Leyland knows what the Cards do, being he worked w/ them for 6 yrs. So he knew the cat would get out of the bag if he pushed the subject. All posistion cheat. Look @ a infielders glove full of pine tar.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    1 quick question......Do u even play baseball and if so @ what level??? Doesn't really sound like it...sorry
    Nice try with the insult, bro. I pitched at a fairly competitive D-1 level years ago in college. Next time I'll try to "dumb it down" for you.
  4. Moderator

I'm issuing warnings to both teams...
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    I'm issuing warnings to both teams...
    I almost pissed my pants laughing when I read that. Way to work in the baseball lingo...how long did it take u to come up with it???

No bro I just asked because thats not a usual reaction from some one who plays, or played competitive baseball. I my self play competative JC, and have played with guys who are in the show now. I was caught by surprise no hard feelings. So just chillaxe my man....
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    I almost pissed my pants laughing when I read that. Way to work in the baseball lingo...how long did it take u to come up with it???

No bro I just asked because thats not a usual reaction from some one who plays, or played competitive baseball. I my self play competative JC, and have played with guys who are in the show now. I was caught by surprise no hard feelings. So just chillaxe my man....
    I'm chillaxed, my friend. Some of the guys I played with in college are getting a bit "long in the tooth" in their careers. That's when ya start to feel old. Kris Benson(Clemson), Todd Walker(LSU), and Marlan Anderson(South Alabama) are all starting to go grey.

I'm just glad to see the Cards get one before Edmonds and Taguchi have to retire. I still retain the pride, though, that I was even able to play at that level. Sorry for seeming touchy about the subject.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I took steroids when I was 18. What did I mess up?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 07:24 AM
  2. i was wrong but that is bull****
    By oh cmon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 11:37 AM
  3. i thought superdrol was banned but i found it.
    By hogiejoe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
  4. Did anyone cheat yesterday?
    By Tbird006 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 11:43 AM