Playoffs are nearing

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well whats everyones predictions for the playoffs for who is going and how you think will make the world series. I know I am getting damn excited right now and with how close the AL central division is it definatly anything but boring, any of the 3 teams (Twins, Tigers, White Sox) could be the pennant/wild card winner right now.

My thoughts: I would love to see the twins go to the world series this year and I think they have earned it thus far with how far behind they were before interleague games and the dominating winning streaks they to come back. As well as having two of their best pitchers out right now (one being one of the best in the league Liriano) and still managing to catch up to the detroit tigers. Yankees is the team that seems to beat us in the playoffs the past 3 years in a row we had gone (excluding last year when we didn't make it).

As of now I think the an AL team will win the world series again and I think the playoffs in the AL are going to be VERY close an incredibly entertaining with how well the teams are doing how well they have all been able to come back from bad situations. This year has been one hell of a year for many teams!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AL Finish:
NYY
OAK
MINN
DET-WC

ALC-NYY

NL Finish:
NYM
ST.L
LA
SDiego-WC

NLC-NYM

WSC-NYY

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
AL Finish:
NYY
OAK
MINN
DET-WC

ALC-NYY

NL Finish:
NYM
ST.L
LA
SDiego-WC

NLC-NYM

WSC-NYY

As much as I want the twins in the world series, if I cant have that, seeing the mets and yanks play each other would be one hell of a series! But i'd be rooting for the mets since they are always seen as a crap team compared to the yanks.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Mets are a great team this year. Being a Yankee fan, born and raised in Brooklyn NY, I would love another subway series. Yankees winning of course :)

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
A month ago I thought I would be excited and happy about right now, but then my Reds rolled over and died. Every year it's the same ****: great and promising first half, third place second half. We lost Kearns, Casey, and Willie Mo for a bunch of gas cans. I hate to say it, but let Griff go play DH somewhere and pay for some real pitching.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Presently the Yankees and Mets have the best records in the their respective leagues. I'm anxious to see how the rest of their leagues finish. Just noticed that Phili has a real good shot at the WC.

So far I'm two-for-two :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just noticed that Phili has a real good shot at the WC.
That's what I'm hoping for, but they have to win the wild card first...I don't even want to talk about my AL team though (Baltim :eek: re)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, WC = Wild Card is what I meant. Baltimore has so much potential and just don't produce.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, WC = Wild Card is what I meant. Baltimore has so much potential and just don't produce.
Dammit...I was skimming while at work and thought that said WS for some reason...my bad.

...Baltimore always seems to have a great team on paper or great potential. Unfortunately I have yet to see them in the big series. I'm 25, so I just missed out.

P.S. I HATE THE YANKEES!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When Lee Mazzilli went to manage Baltimore I had very high expectations. They started out with a bang and then faded. Unfortunately they dropped Mazzilli.

See, now, if your were a Yankee fan like me you would have seen more WSC. I have been able to witness them win as a kid in 77 & 78, then 96, 98 (witnessed the sweep of San Diego in person in San Diego), 99, 00. Then I had the bitter sweet experience of watching them loose to my current hometown team, the AZ Diamondbacks in what I consider to be one of the most exciting series for me since I saw them win as a kid in 77 & 78.

"Baseball has been very very good to me"

You might be too young to know that quote ;)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
0See, now, if your were a Yankee fan like me you would have seen more WSC. I have been able to witness them win as a kid in 77 & 78, then 96, 98 (witnessed the sweep of San Diego in person in San Diego), 99, 00. Then I had the bitter sweet experience of watching them loose to my current hometown team, the AZ Diamondbacks in what I consider to be one of the most exciting series for me since I saw them win as a kid in 77 & 78.

"Baseball has been very very good to me"

You might be too young to know that quote ;)
Damn Jeffrey Maier!...and yes, that quote is a little before my time, but thanks to Wikipedia and SNL reruns I do know a little about Chico:D . Too bad I was too young to remember my ultimate WS 1983 World Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oakland clinched. That's 3 for 3. :)

Looks like my picks for Minn. and Det. are good as they both clinched a playoff birth. It's just a matter of who is the WC and who is the AL Central Division Champs.

Houston is an a Rocket (punn intended) ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright!

ALDS:
Oakland over Minn
NYY over Detroit

ALCS:
NYY over Oakland*

NLDS:
San Diego over St.L
NYM over LA

NLCS:
NYM over SanDiego*

WSC:
NYY over NYM*

*Very close series'!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Alright!

ALDS:
Oakland over Minn
NYY over Detroit

ALCS:
NYY over Oakland*

NLDS:
San Diego over St.L
NYM over LA

NLCS:
NYM over SanDiego*

WSC:
NYY over NYM*

*Very close series'!
From your mouth to God's ears. :goodpost:

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
There's baseball in cities other than NYC. I would say San Diego is the favorite in the NL, but now they're down 0-1.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
But there are 26 WSC in only one.
True. Actually a few more if you count the teams that left the city. Brooklyn Dodgers/ NY Giants. Can we talk about something else, now?

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
That was just an echo, not a mistake on my part for repeating myself.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ortiz and ramirez looked good yester........nevermind :D
Yes, but I hear that ramirez and ortiz are looking forward to the yanks joining them on the golf course in a few games......FORE ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
*crickets*.....the silence is deafening :D

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
"Mr. Jeter and Co., Welcome to Kenny Rogers Roasters."

Now get that camera outta my face!

Attachments

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
agreed, rogers was unstoppable last night. glad they can't pitch 2 games in a row, lol.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After the game I had the very strong urge to assault a camera man :hammer:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:twisted:....damn them tigers look good. With oakland as hot as they are it should be a hell of an ACLS.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
With a very heavy heart I have to offer congratulations to the Detroit Tigers for winning the ALDS over my Yankees. The great thing about sports is there is always next year.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
That's what makes these short series so hard to predict. Momentum swings, top 3 starters, anything can happen.....

For what it's worth however, Joe Torre should NOT be shown the door; especially in a disrespectful style as if it's all his fault. I just don't see better candidates out there that have the respect of the players and can "manage" the ownership.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
damn, that was an ass-whooping. my baseball watching is over this year, back to football.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Carpenter and the Redbirds are now off to NYC! Both Rolen and Edmonds must get healthier to contribute offensively if St.Louis is to have any chance in the NLCS.
But hey.....that's why they go ahead and play the games instead of just going on who "should" win.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
damn, that was an ass-whooping. my baseball watching is over this year, back to football.
I'm a Yankee fan who's married to a Mets fan so I will be watching them plus Willie Randolph is my boy. My football team (Steelers) is sucking right now so that's no escape.

tomall2

Awards
:twisted:....damn them tigers look good. With oakland as hot as they are it should be a hell of an ACLS.
Agreed, the Tigers look GRREeeaaATTT! :icon_lol: But Oakland is no slouch either. Should be a good series. Almost good enough to watch. Almost.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't watch football or basketball or really any other sports for that matter. Unless you have an MLB package or sattelite TV it is rare that I get any good games to watch on network TV, less of course the ESPN games form time to time.

“I live for this! You live for this! The world lives for this! To the TV!”

"It's October! Pull yourself together, man."

Attachments

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
To the TV! That's the spirit.
BTW, anyone remember when Lasorda lost all that weight and was the slim-fast spokesman? Classic.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Now it's 1-1 with planes heading full throttle to St. Louis!
3-2 pitch to So Taguchi.....Gone! :nutkick:

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
2nd World Series in Last 3 Seasons

WooHoo.....GO CARDS!!! :bow28:

It's 0-0, Redbirds heading to Detroit. (Thanks to Trevor Hoffman)

Rolen finally showed up, battled, and had professional at-bats.
(That's what's expected of a professional, Mr. Rolen....so let's have you and LaRussa "turn the page.")

Congrats Yadi Molina on the biggest hit of your life!!! (so far)

I'm sure Detroit is a big favorite, but that's why they play the games, guys.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Molina saved the day last night, the pitching was unbelievable on both sides.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Absolutely right.....Pitching was really good the entire series from both clubs.

Lady Fate just decided on the Redbirds.
(How else would a .200 hitter hit a "big fly" at the big moment?)

Note, however, that Jadier Molina is just a baby. Perhaps his bat will begin to catch up with his defensive skills as the years pass.