any twins fans?

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As the title says, are there any twins fans out there? Just curious if there is anyone on the board to talk about them. Obviously they are not the best team right now, but I love them and still think they are a great team. They definatly play in one of the toughest divisions in my mind. :cheers:

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Twins fan here. The offense is flat out pathetic this year and our pitching staff fell apart. At least we got the new stadium and we can rebuild to be a playoff team in 2010.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Twins fan here. The offense is flat out pathetic this year and our pitching staff fell apart. At least we got the new stadium and we can rebuild to be a playoff team in 2010.
sad but true. I really thought we were going to do well this year. I mean we could possibly catch up, but they just dont seem to be pulling it together at all. Well either way, cant be mad about mauer having the #1 batting .avg in baseball, now if the rest would just get some hits as well we'd be in good standing.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The future is looking good with Kubel, Liriano, Mauer, Morneau. All we need is a good 3rd baseman and the pitching to keep it up and we might still make a run. We do have NO chance at making a run of the Tigers and White Sox keep playing unblievably good baseball.
Goddamn tigers where the hell did they come from. Stupid Kenny Rogers.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well we are on a 8game winning streak, shortly to become 9 today. But hey the tigers lost finally and we actually can gain 1game on them in our 9game winning streak (if we win tonight). Tigers have been unbelievable, but I still have hope. We play detroit 10 more times this year along with the white sox who also have around 10 more games against them, if we do well in those series we can catch up fast.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I have met morneau before... nice guy. Wish him the best of luck.
cc

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Not a twins fan but a fan of Santana and Liriano. They are sick, and any word on Hunter? Last I heard was they were shopping him around and he said ok to Boston.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I cant see the Twins keeping Hunter. He's not worth 12 million cause he's not a clutch hitter at all. He might be worth that to the Yankee$, but they give ****ty pithers 10 million a year. You cant replace Hunter's defense in the outfield though.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see hunter stay mainly becuase I like the guy and he is one hell of an outfielder. I think he is just having a bad year with hitting, either way Id like to see him stay.

On another note, I have 10th row seats on the middle of the first base line for tuesdays game against the dodgers. Guess who is supposed to be pitching that night? Liriano, im excited since ive never seen him pitch in person yet. Its going to be a good game, which we no doubt will win, especially with the hot streak the twins are on now. :)

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh ya, Im a twins fan alright, damn I think their names where Candy and Cindy, it was fun :)

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see hunter stay mainly becuase I like the guy and he is one hell of an outfielder. I think he is just having a bad year with hitting, either way Id like to see him stay.

On another note, I have 10th row seats on the middle of the first base line for tuesdays game against the dodgers. Guess who is supposed to be pitching that night? Liriano, im excited since ive never seen him pitch in person yet. Its going to be a good game, which we no doubt will win, especially with the hot streak the twins are on now. :)
How was Liriano, I havn't seen any highlights yet or read about the game, but I can just imagine he is something to watch.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
He is definatly fun to watch. The only down side is the game goes so fast when he pitches :( Either way last night he was very good, they got two runs off him, but they were both solo homeruns, other than that the dogders didnt get on base all that much.