Bonds is an ass!!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Bonds is an ass!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wildman536
    still an ass though....
    Who cares as long as he hits bombs out of the park LOL, he's no where near the same level as Terrell Owens, he's the worst San Francisco athlete with talent

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

3. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    LMFAO, "Ruth did it on hot dogs and beer". If all baseball players did that then we'd have a ****ty sport
    Everyone would be a fatass like he was as well and not a Monster like Barry.

I guarentee the people holding that sign would be the first one to ask Bonds for an autograph he they caught a homer he hit. Then they would call him an ahole for not signing it. People are f***** stupid.
    •   

4. Senior Member

Smile

If Puljios continues his pace of 70 "clean" HRs, Can we go back to blaming "Juiced" bats and balls? or just bad pitching?
  5. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    If Puljios continues his pace of 70 "clean" HRs, Can we go back to blaming "Juiced" bats and balls? or just bad pitching?

Good question. If he reaches it, they will say he juiced...
  6. Advanced Member

pujols is the man
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    Good question. If he reaches it, they will say he juiced...
    LOL, he'll say it was the creatine and then that will get banned
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Since the topic drifted to Pujols, i think this is appropriate.

http://www.thebrushback.com/pujols_full.htm
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    The funniest thing is that the worst thing (proven, worst thing) he has done is be an ******* to the media. You see stories of how many football players getting involved in high speed chases, high on coke holding a gun to their illegitimate child's head, and it gets about 10 seconds of your attention. I would venture to say those individuals have a vastly greater degree of assitude (made that up) for completely wasting their potential then Bonds does for being an ******* while proliferating his.
    Good point about the NFL... and that's not to mention all of the crap that goes on in the NBA.

Bonds is a jerk to the media, so the media paints a bigger picture of him as a jerk. I have no doubt that his a grade A d!ck, but we've help to create him.

Pujols is the Man. GO CARDS!!!!
  10. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TenMan

Pujols is the Man. GO CARDS!!!!
    ahh yeah another St Louis fan!! :squat: :squat:

Also consider this--- for Babe Ruth it took about 3000-4000 Less at bats to get to 714 than Hank and Barry. Not to mention the time he was a pitcher.

Ruth-- about 8000 At bats to reach 714

Hank-- about 11-12000

Bonds-- about 11000

I dont want to hear how much better they are than the Babe they will NEVER play under the conditions that babe did, Trains to games, etc..
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Also consider this--- for Babe Ruth it took about 3000-4000 Less at bats to get to 714 than Hank and Barry. Not to mention the time he was a pitcher.

Hank-- about 11-12000

Bonds-- about 11000

I dont want to hear how much better they are than the Babe they will NEVER play under the conditions that babe did, Trains to games, etc..
    I am not debating the Bambino's greatness, but along with the adverse conditions to hitting, he was also in some more favourable ones. Parks were smaller, pitchers were worse, etc. I never said Bonds was greater than the Bambino, but Bonds is top three, all time, period.
  12. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::

Hank-- about 11-12000

Bonds-- about 11000

Yeah but it's a different caliber of pitching now of days too. Also keep that in mind.
  13. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    Yeah but it's a different caliber of pitching now of days too. Also keep that in mind.
    in a sense, you cannot say that the batters do not have it about the same (as far as the advancedness of the game) there is so much more nowadays that allows a batter to hit better/harder

Examples--- more advanced trainers that cost the big $$, STATE OF THE ART TRAINING FACILITIES, Better modes of transportation to and from games, etc etc..
  14. New Member

Card fan to the core! Have you been to the new stadium?

The game has evolved for both hitters and pitchers, and while I have no evidence-other than my observances over 20+ years of being a fan- I would say the advances in pitching outweigh those of hitting (how to pitch to certain hitters, knowing tendencies, pitch counts, the middle relief, set-up and closer, new pitches, bigger ballparks). JMO. If some has research to debunk this info, feel free.

As for Bonds, I hold innocent until proven guilty. Yeah I know
  15. Advanced Member

Card fan to the core! Have you been to the new stadium?

T
    no i havent been to the new stadium (im in the military and dont get to get around those parts) but from what i hear its nice.

yeah you could say that there is better evolved pitching, but and i hate to say these things, but the styles are different also. If you look back at some of the games and what the players have said about the game, back in the day pitchers were throwing spitters left and right and not getting caught thus making it harder to hit the ball. Also since then the baseballs have gotten lighter therefore giving a better pop and further distance.

As a sports FAN i am not pushing for barry simply because he is a disgrace to the game with his attitude.
  16. New Member

no i havent been to the new stadium (im in the military and dont get to get around those parts) but from what i hear its nice.
    It's absolutely awesome.

yeah you could say that there is better evolved pitching, but and i hate to say these things, but the styles are different also. If you look back at some of the games and what the players have said about the game, back in the day pitchers were throwing spitters left and right and not getting caught thus making it harder to hit the ball. Also since then the baseballs have gotten lighter therefore giving a better pop and further distance.

As a sports FAN i am not pushing for barry simply because he is a disgrace to the game with his attitude.
    The style of pitching has evolved, but so has the style of hitting. Idk. I still hold that he is innocent until proven guilty. If he admits or evidence surfaces proving his guilt I'm sure I'll change my stand on him and baseball. As for his attitude, he's ALWAYS been that way. He was an arrogant jerk when he played for the Pirates; crap he was probably an arrogant jerk when he was an 11 year old playing little league. Some people are born that way, and some are made that way... by a relentless media.

I might be out in the bleacher seats on this, but I wonder how Barry is to family/friends... I wonder how he treats the people who matter most to him? I would like to think it is a side of Barry we will never know or see....

And THANKS for serving.
    Last edited by TenMan; 05-30-2006 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Adding.
  17. Advanced Member

And THANKS for serving.
    My pleasure!!
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

The biggest critique I hear about Babe's stats is that he gained them during an era of segragation, but Bonds never pitched multi 20-win seasons with a lifetime era of 2.28. Hell, Ruth had 35 complete games one season.

Anyway, I just watched 30 seconds of a Bonds interview where he said the diminishment of his achievments "Hurts, it really hurts. I'm human." How can a guy openly strive to be the most hated man in sports and expect anything else?
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    The biggest critique I hear about Babe's stats is that he gained them during an era of segragation, but Bonds never pitched multi 20-win seasons with a lifetime era of 2.28. Hell, Ruth had 35 complete games one season.
    That is a hell of a point, the Babe was such a great slugger that we forgot he was a dominant pitcher on top of that. That's just unfreaking believable.
  20. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    That is a hell of a point, the Babe was such a great slugger that we forgot he was a dominant pitcher on top of that. That's just unfreaking believable.
    I said it earlier, in no way shape or form would I ever want to dimish the Babe's greatness, but comparing players in different epochs is an unfruitful action. The game of baseball has changed so drastically that to compare stats in the exact same context is unfair to both players involved. Think of the amount of sports research in the fields of psychology and biomechanics that have vastly improved the calibre of the athletes involved.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 01:09 PM
  2. What is an "Upright Row"
    By xtatic in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 09:21 AM
  3. Mike Greenberg is an idiot
    By sweet-physique in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 06:27 AM