Cordygen VO2 killed endurance??????WTF

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I had a bad experience today at the gym. There were many confounding factors but I am wondering if I might be able to get some feedback here.

I received my Cordygen VO2 on Friday and have taken 3 per day since then but was not able to work out because of the holiday etc. Then today I took six before my boxing workout and I could barely workout!!!!! I normally do about 15 rounds of training plus various conditioning exercises and today I did 7rounds and felt like I was either going to puke or pass out!!!

Now there were some confounding factors so I am not necessarily blaming it on the Cordygen VO2 at all but I am just looking into what might have caused it.

1) I did feel a little sick over the weekend but attributed it to allergies;

2) because I thought it was allergies I took a Zyrtec today and maybe it interacted with the Cordygen?;

3) maybe the 6 pre workout caps was just too much

and of course the most obvious answer, if I am sick who knows why I felt like crap at the gym I just need to wait till its gone to go hardcore.

Let me know if answers 2 or 3 could cause my symptoms?

Thanks.

Mr.50

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
some people find that jumping into 6 caps quickly is "too strong" for them, and i've heard some people say it gave them a nautious type feeling. each occurance i've seen has been solved by lowering the dosage and adjusting accordingly. if three caps has been working well for you, there's honestly no reason to bump the dosage up, and it will save you money in the long run. i would drop back down to three, and build your way up to no more than six, and go in increments of one instead of jumping up three extra caps at once. i'm not sure about the whole zyrtec interaction thing - Matt's better with these types of things than i am so i'm sure he'll chime in when he can. also, it could have just been from the sickness. at any rate, like i've already stated, your best bet would be to drop the dosage back down to three caps and bump up after a few days if you feel you need to while monitoring the possible side effects you're experiencing. best of luck, and if you need anything else, don't be afraid to hit me with a PM.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Cangey. I personally think that 3-4 caps is the perfect dosage for most people especially if you hadn't had the opportunity to workout with the three cap dose to feel its effects. If six are needed then you can split the dosage up a little instead of all six at once and that will help any stomach discomfort that you may feel. It's possible that you were just fighting something this weekend but it is also possible that 6 caps is too much for you right now. I would cut the dose back to 3-4 caps pre-workout and keep it there for a while.

I don't see any contraindication between Zyrtek and C-VO2. If anything the C-VO2 should enhance the Zyrtek. I wouldn't caution you agaist taking them together unless you get the same results next time on a lower dose.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the support!

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback.

Well first of all I am definately sick. It is really unusual for me to get sick in the summer time, but with that said I crearly have a upper respiratory infection (cough, stuffy nose, etc). With that in mind, I did not take any Zyrtec today and I only took 3 VO2. My workout was better. Of course I have created additional confounding factors by removing the Zyrtec and lowering the dosage. BUT I will stick with 3 VO2 till my cold is totall gone, then acess my status at three. After that I will try to increase just for testing purposes. I will keep you guys posted.

Mr.50

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established

Well first of all I am definately sick. It is really unusual for me to get sick in the summer time, but with that said I crearly have a upper respiratory infection (cough, stuffy nose, etc). With that in mind, I did not take any Zyrtec today and I only took 3 VO2. My workout was better. Of course I have created additional confounding factors by removing the Zyrtec and lowering the dosage. BUT I will stick with 3 VO2 till my cold is totall gone, then acess my status at three. After that I will try to increase just for testing purposes. I will keep you guys posted.

Mr.50
Get well soon! There is nothing worse than a summer cold.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Im sure your aware of this but working out with a compromised immune system is self defeating.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im sure your aware of this but working out with a compromised immune system is self defeating.

True bro. I am a fanatic but I should keep to the suggestions of the research. :)

Mr.50

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Im a fanatic too. The first week Ive taken off from lifting in the past 4.5 months of hardcore recomping was last week, and let me tell you, this week I am amazing myself.

I was doing reps with 100 lb. dumbbells doing bent over rows, and today I was repping 110's for shrugs, and 70 lbs dumbbell shoulder presses. The 225lb guys were looking at me with this look like, wtf. :jaw:

I couldnt believe it. I weigh 145. I just dont feel as tired between sets and the pain isnt there. Im beginning to think I was seriously overtrained.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Mr.50
I would take 2 caps of VO2 2-3 times a day BECAUSE you're sick, even without working out. It's really beneficial for your immune system.

Matt could tell you more. I swear everyone around me can be sick, and if I'm taking cordygen, I just don't get it. I stop, I catch it.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I would take 2 caps of VO2 2-3 times a day BECAUSE you're sick, even without working out. It's really beneficial for your immune system.

Matt could tell you more. I swear everyone around me can be sick, and if I'm taking cordygen, I just don't get it. I stop, I catch it.
Yeah, the ultra high beta glucan and HEAA content will really help bolster your immune system. It would be a good idea to dose the C-VO2 as mentioned just to assist body in fighting this bug. Even one cap three times per day will help.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys is there any ingredients in VO2 that would have a significant effect on blood sugar levels? and if so in what way?

Mr.50

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I could see jumping too quiockly to 6 caps being a little much at first. V02 works very well, and it will take the body a bit to adjust to much better oxygen utilization. I tried 8 caps the other day, it was great. But i have been taking Cordygen 5, and now V02 for a long time. My body loves Cordygen.:D

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Guys is there any ingredients in VO2 that would have a significant effect on blood sugar levels? and if so in what way?

Mr.50
I wouldn't say "significant" but the C-VO2 can decrease blood sugar levels slightly in those who suffer from elevated levels. If you suffer from hypoglycemia you shouldn't see yourself going any lower than usual blood sugar wise from C-VO2 unless you are taking large amounts (8-12 caps daily).

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say "significant" but the C-VO2 can decrease blood sugar levels slightly in those who suffer from elevated levels. If you suffer from hypoglycemia you shouldn't see yourself going any lower than usual blood sugar wise from C-VO2 unless you are taking large amounts (8-12 caps daily).

Is it possible that some might be more sensitive then others?? I am really already predisposed to hypoglycemia and I am on the Anabolic Diet so I already have to be really careful with my carbs and workouts to make sure I don't go hypo, but I was thinking maybe the 6 caps was just too much for me and really kicked my BS super low?? That is pretty much what it felt like? I think I might run an experiment and take 6 caps again and do a more moderate workout (so I don't feel like total crap if there is anything to this theory) and bring a BS monitor along. Then take my BS if I really start to feel crappy and keep some juice with me to see if it relieves the problem.

I love being a guniea pig for my own theories!

Mr.50

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible that some might be more sensitive then others?? I am really already predisposed to hypoglycemia and I am on the Anabolic Diet so I already have to be really careful with my carbs and workouts to make sure I don't go hypo, but I was thinking maybe the 6 caps was just too much for me and really kicked my BS super low?? That is pretty much what it felt like? I think I might run an experiment and take 6 caps again and do a more moderate workout (so I don't feel like total crap if there is anything to this theory) and bring a BS monitor along. Then take my BS if I really start to feel crappy and keep some juice with me to see if it relieves the problem.

I love being a guniea pig for my own theories!

Mr.50
It's always possible. I wouldn't even go to 6 caps for the experiment. Use three caps the first time but make sure to have a baseline reading from a workout or two done prior on about the same amount of calories/carbs so it is an accurate analysis.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's always possible. I wouldn't even go to 6 caps for the experiment. Use three caps the first time but make sure to have a baseline reading from a workout or two done prior on about the same amount of calories/carbs so it is an accurate analysis.
Very good standardization Millennium!

Mr.50