ZMK Morning drowsiness

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi, I used to use ZMA products but I really felt drowsy when I woke up, thus making me doubt the quality of my sleep. I know many people experienced the same thing.

My question is, has this issue been addressed in any way with the ZMK formulation?

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
wow.. someone who had the same experience as I did with ZMA. Even on days i went to bed at my usual 9pm and got a full 8 hrs.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I might be experiencing this now w/ZMA, but I didn't realize this could be the ZMA...

I haven't tried ZMK.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow.. someone who had the same experience as I did with ZMA. Even on days i went to bed at my usual 9pm and got a full 8 hrs.
It's pretty common so your experience is with ZMA not ZMK I assume.

Is there anyone who had these symptoms with ZMA and not with ZMK ?

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
For the most part people report feeling well rested when using ZMK. It is roughly twice as bioavailable as ZMA and hits the system faster which means you should hit REM sleep faster as well. In my opinion a little grogginess in the morning isn't a bad thing since it means that your recovery factor is still high. If it happens daily and doesn't continue to get better then switching to a product like ZMK would be beneficial.

There are many factors that can make nighttime mineral products feel ineffective. Make sure they aren't taken in the vacinity of food or calcium and watch the other supps you take with it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok might give it a try with my next NP order.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I have heard good things about your products and I like the look of your vitamin mineral stack. Good health is a real key to having a heathy fit and efficient body.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Well I have heard good things about your products and I like the look of your vitamin mineral stack. Good health is a real key to having a heathy fit and efficient body.
you hit it on the head, brotha! thanks for the kind words.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im using the ZMK right now and I haven’t felt the morning drowsiness.

I think the relaxing/sedative feeling that you get from the magnesium should be out of your system within a couple hours anyway. I couldn’t even imagine a morning hang over with this product, unless your just rebounding from a good nights rest that your not used to.

-Pp

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My experience is from the ZMA products that were out 5 or 6 years ago.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the only times i have seen this with the ZMK product was when i did not get a full 8 hours of sleep. with 5 hours, it seemed to give me a very "heavy" feeling. i am sure you can attribute this to still being in a deep stage of sleep. therefore, i will only take 1 or 2 if i know i cannot sleep the full time. also, i have been experimenting with the dosing timing around food intake. it seems to be a little more effective for me when taken with without food but as millennium said above just try to keep calcium out of the mix.

It would also make sense that some people, in general, are not used to having the "flood" of minerals during their sleep period. Full body recuperation is appreciated side effect and i also felt a minor buffering effect.

ZMK is a great product and i have seen much better biofeedback from it than its ZMA predecessors. I love the stuff.
Good Luck DW

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
For the most part people report feeling well rested when using ZMK. It is roughly twice as bioavailable as ZMA and hits the system faster which means you should hit REM sleep faster as well. In my opinion a little grogginess in the morning isn't a bad thing since it means that your recovery factor is still high. If it happens daily and doesn't continue to get better then switching to a product like ZMK would be beneficial.

There are many factors that can make nighttime mineral products feel ineffective. Make sure they aren't taken in the vacinity of food or calcium and watch the other supps you take with it.
I'm thinking of dosing 1-carboxy pre-bed and I've heard of interactions with L-DOPA and Vitamin B6. Would it be possible to dose my ZMK in the morning on an empty stomach or would that cause ill effects?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking of dosing 1-carboxy pre-bed and I've heard of interactions with L-DOPA and Vitamin B6. Would it be possible to dose my ZMK in the morning on an empty stomach or would that cause ill effects?
Mainly the reason for this not being the best way to go is because the way your minerals should be supplemented are at night time before bed. They are simply better digested in that way and there is nothing to interact with them as long as you steer clear of calcium in that time frame around taking them. I personally wouldn't suggest using ZMK or any other mineral supplementation in the morning. You'll still get some effects from it, but not 100%

Blade Icewood

Awards

:goodpost: