The Season Has Arrived!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that this sunday is my first official match of the season. I am really amped. Got some playing time in tonight with like doubles partner and it looks like i'll be playing doubles for this match instead of singles (we have so many good singles hitters that I decided to take a back seat for some matches). I will still be hitting singles in the tournaments I enter ;)

Wish me luck!

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
good luck man

are you at Notre Dame? I hope they turn the football program around this season (proud owner of #83 Samardzija jersey)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
No I don't attend ND but I have always been a huge fan. I also have a smardija jersey as well as a quinn and a few others, haha.

Thanks for the wishes!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the start of the new season!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Why thank ya sir. I feel pretty good about it overall. I wish I had dropped a little more fat before the start to get a half second faster across court..but i feel good either way.

I will post match results in this thread :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Why thank ya sir. I feel pretty good about it overall. I wish I had dropped a little more fat before the start to get a half second faster across court..but i feel good either way.

I will post match results in this thread :)
Don't we all wish we'd drop a bit more fat? ;)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Good Luck Chuck! I know you'll do great!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
best of luck, man!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys so much for the support...it'll really help my drive on court to know people are pushing for my success.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well first match didn't go the way I had hoped. I found out last minute that my doubles partner wouldn't be able to make it so they called up a sub to take his place. I had never played with this sub before and sadly...he hadn't picked up a tennis racquet in a month. It's really a shame because I played well today. Good placement and pace on my serves, forehand was dynamite as always, and my footwork was great (especially since I only slept 3 hours).

We lose our first match 6-2,6-2. I am looking forward to our next match when I play with MY dubs partner. Look for the results on June 1st.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Well first match didn't go the way I had hoped. I found out last minute that my doubles partner wouldn't be able to make it so they called up a sub to take his place. I had never played with this sub before and sadly...he hadn't picked up a tennis racquet in a month. It's really a shame because I played well today. Good placement and pace on my serves, forehand was dynamite as always, and my footwork was great (especially since I only slept 3 hours).

We lose our first match 6-2,6-2. I am looking forward to our next match when I play with MY dubs partner. Look for the results on June 1st.
Sounds like you got stuck with a Seattle Mariner as your partner. (wait....they'd be lucky to hit with a tennis racket)

Better luck next time. I'm sure you'll do much better with your normal partner.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you got stuck with a Seattle Mariner as your partner. (wait....they'd be lucky to hit with a tennis racket)

Better luck next time. I'm sure you'll do much better with your normal partner.

Yah well we played a bunch of pushers which is basically just a person who is like a human trampoline. They just send the ball back and don't put any shots away.

My Team :frustrate, was trying to be heroic on too many shots and sent them into the net and the back wall and everywhere else in the country, haha.

Next match will be victory ;). Ps - My yankees suck just as bad as your mariners.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Wow...I haven't updated this at all. I dearly apologize!

Been very busy with getting some personal training certifications and playing a lot of tennis...so that's nice :). I have been playing doubles for most of the season and my partner and I....well...we don't get along, haha. I would consider the team season at a loss. The good news being....I have some tournaments coming up!!!

On August 15th I take to the Clay in the Pocono's Open Clay Championships! I am not terribly familiar with clay but I see it as a good opportunity to get to a tournament I didn't expect to play in, and meet some new hitting partners :)

On August 25th I take to the Grass at the Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Rhode Island for the National Open Division Grass Championships. Last year I made the 3rd round of this tournament before being taken out by the eventual 2nd place finisher...so let's see if I can bring in any better results this year! Last year was also my first time ever stepping foot on a grass court :)

I have an earlier august tournament on my maybe list....as well as 2 hard court tournaments for september that i'm waiting to hear more information about! A few new racquets in mail as we speak...and a much better shot now than a few months back. Feeling good...and looking better. Still have a ways to go with my training to be where I want to be at...but I feel good on court!

Looking to be down another 10lbs. by the August 15th tournament. That's about 5 weeks away...so I know it's attainable. Time to kick it into overdrive baby!!!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow thats quite a few tournaments coming up! It sucks that you don't like your partner, that makes it rough.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Wow thats quite a few tournaments coming up! It sucks that you don't like your partner, that makes it rough.
Yes well it's definitely hard to play doubles with someone that you can't agree with. There are others on the team that I get along with and we actually play better together...but for some reason the coach has this setup as a constant. I guess i'm no one to argue, haha