Matt's MST-Sponsored Contest Prep

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Millennium 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,413
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    58.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Congrats Matt! Second place is always terrific unless it's a fight to the death

    Keep up the great work, perhaps first place is only two weeks away

  2. Senior Member
    ncangey0513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    701
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    78.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    congrats, brotha! second place is a great achievement! that guy had plenty of years of training on you - imagine how much more size you could have in that amount of time! a lot of people say bb'ers are in their prime at around age 35, so you have a while to go. keep it up, man, and you'll have that gold in no time!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/189130-iforce-intimidate-log.html
    iForce INTIMIDATE Log/Review
  3. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    Alright, time to get back to it.

    Sunday was slightly lower carbs with a 45 minute cardio session thrown into the mix.

    12 Days Out (Monday)

    Calories: 2390
    Protein: 302g
    Carbs: 180g
    Fat: 51g

    Cardio
    20 minutes low-intensity (post-workout)
    30 minutes low-intensity in the evening

    Training
    Back/Shoulders



    11 Days Out

    Calories: 2171
    Protein: 306g
    Carbs: 132g
    Fat: 48g

    Cardio
    30 minutes low-intensity (AM) + Abs
    20 minutes low-intensity (PM)



    Tomorrow is going to be a much needed refeed day along with what will hopefully be a fairly intense leg workout.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Congrats on a second place finish !

    How about some contest pics, bro ?!
  5. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Congrats on a second place finish !

    How about some contest pics, bro ?!

    Thanks a bunch!

    I'm waiting for a buddy of mine to get the pictures uploaded from his camera. He's been busy with work all week and sadly he was the only person who took pictures for me at the contest.
  6. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    10 Days Out (Wednesday)

    Protein ~275g
    Carbs ~300g
    Fat ~45g

    Worked legs and did 20 minutes on the stair-stepper post workout. Went back later in the evening and did 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill.

    Overall it felt good to increase my carb intake for the day. The leg workout went alright except I managed to tweek my back a bit on the Hack Squat machine (of all things) on just my 2nd working set. I felt as though my form wasn't an issue, as I definitely was not going near as heavy as what I have before. My back was pretty stiff for the rest of the workout so I just took it (pretty) light, sticking around the 12-15 rep range for the rest of the workout. Today (Friday) it feels MUCH better, however I will be taking it easy on any lower-back work coming up, whch really shouldn't be an issue anyway leading up to the competition as I will be doing depletion workouts all throughout next week.


    9 Days Out (Thursday)

    Protein ~300g
    Carbs ~180g
    Fat ~50g

    Hit Chest and Arms. My back felt stiff at the beginning of the workout, but after about 20 minutes into it I didn't even notice it. Followed the workout with 40 minutes of walking on the treadmill.


    8 Days Out (Back on track!)

    Macros similar to Thursday

    Focused on my back today followed by a few sets for shoulders. I focused more on form, really trying to "squeeze" out each rep. I also did more pull-down type of exercises taking much of the strain off of my lower back in an attempt to not aggrivate it once again, however I did do a few sets of chest-supported rows which didn't bother my back at all.

    I followed up the workout with 30 minutes on the treadmill.
  7. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    Sorry all for not updating this as regularly as before. Things got very hectic the week before the competition, BUT I am happy to say that I finished 1st in the Open Men's Medium division in the OCB Circle City Championships yesterday!!!!

    I lost in the overall to a couple of great competitiors, both of whom actually have their pro cards in different organizations, making it a real treat to be in a posedown with such high caliber athletes!

    Pictures taken by the photographer on hand will be up i 24 hours, so Iwill be sure to post a link to some of the pictures once I find them!

    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, as well as Matt and MST, for all of your support!
  8. Senior Member
    Millennium 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,413
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    58.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MB28 View Post
    Sorry all for not updating this as regularly as before. Things got very hectic the week before the competition, BUT I am happy to say that I finished 1st in the Open Men's Medium division in the OCB Circle City Championships yesterday!!!!

    I lost in the overall to a couple of great competitiors, both of whom actually have their pro cards in different organizations, making it a real treat to be in a posedown with such high caliber athletes!

    Pictures taken by the photographer on hand will be up i 24 hours, so Iwill be sure to post a link to some of the pictures once I find them!

    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, as well as Matt and MST, for all of your support!
    Congrats on the great finish Matt! I'm proud of you brother!
    Hit us with a link to the pics when you get a chance.
  9. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    You can see some of the pics of me at http://shutterfly.com/pro/juliecurry...phycom/ocb2008

    In the first album, a large segment of pics of me start on page 5.

    In the second album, a large segment of pics start on page 6.

    I'm wearing blue trunks. You can also find other pictures of me spread out throughout the two albums, I just haven't had time to look through and write down all of the pages yet.

    For identification purposes, this is me: http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/sli...fe30ba&idx=105
  10. On the Rag & it Roks
    spaceclown's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.8%

    Quote Originally Posted by MB28 View Post
    You can see some of the pics of me at http://shutterfly.com/pro/juliecurry...phycom/ocb2008

    In the first album, a large segment of pics of me start on page 5.

    In the second album, a large segment of pics start on page 6.

    I'm wearing blue trunks. You can also find other pictures of me spread out throughout the two albums, I just haven't had time to look through and write down all of the pages yet.

    For identification purposes, this is me: http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/sli...fe30ba&idx=105
    Congrats! You looked great. How tall are ya?
  11. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    ~6'0

    Surprisingly I was placed in the medium class as opposed to the tall class. However, I think the shortest person in the tall class was ~6'1 or 6'2, and really, most of us in the medium class were all very close in height.
  12. MST Reppin Hard!
    CTDeuce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,116
    Rep Power
    222188
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    wow congrats bro...you look ripped up in those pics...great work!!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  13. On the Rag & it Roks
    spaceclown's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.8%

    Quote Originally Posted by MB28 View Post
    ~6'0

    Surprisingly I was placed in the medium class as opposed to the tall class. However, I think the shortest person in the tall class was ~6'1 or 6'2, and really, most of us in the medium class were all very close in height.
    Just curious. I am 6'4 so wasn't sure how they decided on divy you guys up.
  14. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    Figured I would post a quick update.

    I was originally going to do another bodybuilding competition on June 7 in Noblesville, IN. However, this show ended up being postponed until September.

    As a result, I am now preparing for one more competition that is being held in Ann Arbor, MI on June 28. Right now I am just under 3 weeks out, pretty much trying to just maintain the conditioning I brought to the May 31 Circle City Championships.

    Not to mention, I have also just started an Internship with Walgreens and have put in over 40+ hours of work this week. So I'm afraid that is the reason I have not posted quite a regularly as I had been. I will try to update this on a more frequent basis as the competition day comes closer.
  15. MST Reppin Hard!
    CTDeuce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,116
    Rep Power
    222188
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    good luck on maintaining...as well as the internship! Keep us updated brother.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  16. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51548
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Awesome on the internship!!! And good luck on the next contest!
  17. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    Less than 2 weeks out. I'm still alive, although most likely unplesant to be around due to being hungry and tired.

    However, I have never been so determined to come in as sharp as can be. I'm pumped!
  18. MST Reppin Hard!
    CTDeuce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,116
    Rep Power
    222188
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Im sure you'll do great man!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  19. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    Let the countdown begin!

    1 week out.
  20. Senior Member
    ncangey0513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    701
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    78.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    kick some ass, brotha! what's the internship w/walgreen for, if ya don't mind me asking?
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/189130-iforce-intimidate-log.html
    iForce INTIMIDATE Log/Review
  21. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by ncangey0513 View Post
    kick some ass, brotha! what's the internship w/walgreen for, if ya don't mind me asking?

    I just got accepted into Ferris State University's pharmacy program and will be entering grad school this fall in persuit of a PharmD degree. Many pharmacys (Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, Wal-mart, etc.) have internship programs for pharmacy students. Basically, the internship program will help prepare me for what working in a pharmacy will be like after graduation and I will have some extra experience dealing with the stresses and situations that come about in a pharmacy setting as opposed to someone fresh out of pharmacy school who has little pharmacy experience.

    Not to mention, it looks good on a resume', makes me an employee of Walgreens (helping me land a job w/ them if I want to work for them once I graduate, and gives me some scolarship opprotunites to help pay for school).
  22. Advanced Member
    Big Poppa S's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  263 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    897
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    77.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by MB28 View Post
    I just got accepted into Ferris State University's pharmacy program and will be entering grad school this fall in persuit of a PharmD degree. Many pharmacys (Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, Wal-mart, etc.) have internship programs for pharmacy students. Basically, the internship program will help prepare me for what working in a pharmacy will be like after graduation and I will have some extra experience dealing with the stresses and situations that come about in a pharmacy setting as opposed to someone fresh out of pharmacy school who has little pharmacy experience.

    Not to mention, it looks good on a resume', makes me an employee of Walgreens (helping me land a job w/ them if I want to work for them once I graduate, and gives me some scolarship opprotunites to help pay for school).
    Awesome... congrats!! I really wish that I would have pursued pharmacy or medicine when I started university, it's just so hard to get back and do classes now that I'm working fulltime in an office.
  23. New Member
    MB28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    5.96%

    The show this weekend was slightly smaller but still provided a great chance for me to try to make improvements since the May 31 show as well as meet people and find out what I can do to improve my physique.


    And the results from Ann Arbor, MI.....

    I ended up winning the Open Men's Tall division AND the Overall!


    So, from my past 3 competitions this Summer the results are:

    May 17- 2nd place Open Men's Tall
    May 31- 1st place Open Men's Medium
    June 28- 1st place Open Men's Tall and Overall Winner


    The gameplan now is to take a couple of years off to put on some size and look to make a run for a pro card in 2010.
  24. MST Reppin Hard!
    CTDeuce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,116
    Rep Power
    222188
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MB28 View Post
    The show this weekend was slightly smaller but still provided a great chance for me to try to make improvements since the May 31 show as well as meet people and find out what I can do to improve my physique.


    And the results from Ann Arbor, MI.....

    I ended up winning the Open Men's Tall division AND the Overall!


    So, from my past 3 competitions this Summer the results are:

    May 17- 2nd place Open Men's Tall
    May 31- 1st place Open Men's Medium
    June 28- 1st place Open Men's Tall and Overall Winner


    The gameplan now is to take a couple of years off to put on some size and look to make a run for a pro card in 2010.
    Congrats on the results, and good luck with your future goals bro!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My contest prep...
    By rysigpi in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 01:05 AM
  2. Contest Prep cycle and contest prep help
    By Swoleosis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
  3. CEL"S PCT is Helping Me For Contest Prep (Sponsored)
    By Aaelael in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 04:59 PM
  4. Norwegian's Pre-contest Prep w/IntraStack [sponsored]
    By Norwegian in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
  5. Matt's Contest Plan!
    By matthams in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in