Somnidren with diphenhydramine

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Has anybody tried this and perhaps have some thoughts/insight into the stack?

I'm looking to create the ultimate TKO. Somnidren is badass on its own (dreams are crazy), but occasionally it's nice to have a little extra boost. Or might this be a dangerous combo.

For those who don't know, diphenhydramine is an anti-histamine (the ingredient in Benadryl as well as OTC sleep aids) and causes drowsiness. Or perhaps I should go with doxylamine? Thoughts? Both drugs have anti-cholinergic activity but as far as I can tell only diphenhydramine inhibits serotonin re-uptake.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
What are the effects that you're looking to gain from adding diphenhydramine? That might help me better answer your question :)

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
A more extreme knockout, of course. :cheers:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Then personally I would just stack somnidren with ZMK. That works perfectly for me. I sleep extremely deep and even if I only get 5 hours...it feels like 8.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
It's sometimes not really good to overkill.... I hear what you're saying though, because sometimes when I have things going on the next morning and I want to go out at night and have fun and kick it up, I want to know that I can come home and take something to knock my @$$ out!

Last night I went out until midnight and I had to wake up today at 7AM... This isn't bad, but I need time to usually wind down. I trusted Somnidren GH by itself and sure enough when I came home, I took a full dose sublingually and BOOM! It kicked in, I had the parasthesia episode for about 15 minutes and then I barely had energy to get up and take a piss!

I got my sleep and woke up good and made it through a productive day!

If you were to add anything, maybe 1mg sublingual melatonin would go good with Somnidren and ZMK... or Powerfull. That's a lot.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, well, those responses kinda sounded like commercials. But good effort. :cheers:

Any opinions pertaining specifically to the combining of Somnidren with diphenhydramine or doxylamine with regards to safety and efficacy?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Well ****, I guess it's a big no-go now. Antihistamines play some serious havoc on body composition and the anti-cholinergic activity interferes with slow-wave sleep. I guess I'll look into adding some sedative herbs or something along those lines.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Any opinions pertaining specifically to the combining of Somnidren with diphenhydramine or doxylamine with regards to safety and efficacy?
IMO it's not a good idea for various reasons. But dyphenhydramine (and other antihistamines) have been shown to completely negate growth hormone release which after all is what S-GH is all about.

I wouldn't combine S-GH with melatonin or powerful either. While ZMK remains a good choice because it doesn't interfere with any of the pathways involved with S-GH I would rather see you add hops, wild lettuce, skullcap, chamomile or a tad bit of tryptophan or 5-htp if ZMK isn't an option.

I wouldn't use kava with S-GH because kava is one of the few natural compounds that readily inhibits dopamine which will rob S-GH of activity. You are much better off using other compounds to enhance S-GH while getting more of a knock out effect.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. So why wouldn't you stack it with Powerfull? Not that I would anyways, I can't take that stuff anywhere close to bed time. I guess the l-dopa concentration is too high for me. I'm guessing that since S-GH already has mucuna in it, you're advising against stacking with Pfull because of over stimulation from too much l-dopa.

Good tip on the Kava, I did not know that. :)

Anyways, I've just decided to take some strong lemon balm, chamomile, catnip tea along with the S-GH. Keepin' it simple and natural (and free: herbs I grow in the yard). Or maybe add a little papaver somniferum to it... hehe, whoops just kidding (that damn flower is like a weed though :D).

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. So why wouldn't you stack it with Powerfull? Not that I would anyways, I can't take that stuff anywhere close to bed time. I guess the l-dopa concentration is too high for me. I'm guessing that since S-GH already has mucuna in it, you're advising against stacking with Pfull because of over stimulation from too much l-dopa.
Yep, too much l-dopa in my opinion. I think it would cause down regulation much quicker than without its addition and with little long term benefit.

Anyways, I've just decided to take some strong lemon balm, chamomile, catnip tea along with the S-GH. Keepin' it simple and natural (and free: herbs I grow in the yard).
Good call!

Or maybe add a little papaver somniferum to it... hehe, whoops just kidding (that damn flower is like a weed though :D).
:eek: poopies I mean pappies, I mean.... Yeah that will help too. Oh, and they sure are pretty and decorative. ;)

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Yep, too much l-dopa in my opinion. I think it would cause down regulation much quicker than without its addition and with little long term benefit.
Hmm, so what is your opinion of the supps that have high dosed mucuna in them? You think they're just leading to downregulation? Do you think there is much concern over whether l-dopa is toxic to the dopamine receptor or not?

...jesus, I'm like 20 questions today!

You know, I will say this for S-GH: I wake up as a really nice guy. Usually I'm kind of an ass, like my hero Dr. House, but not on nights I use S-GH. :drunk: