post workout

bigboybran

Awards
what should I take post workout with ragnarok?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
What are your goals? It's hard to give an accurate response to a question like this without knowing what you're shooting for. Good luck, let us know and maybe someone will be able to help you out!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
what should I take post workout with ragnarok?
If I take Ragnorok post workout I usually add some simple carbs, my BCAA's and glutamine to it and down it. 10-15 minutes later I start post workout protein consumption.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Oh sure...give him the obvious answer why don't ya :cool:

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Oh sure...give him the obvious answer why don't ya :cool:
HaHa! Agreed, it is the obvious answer but fairly universal and effective for most without more information on the workout or goals. ;)

bigboybran

Awards
I'm taking ragnarok pre workout. What should I take post workout?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Are you looking for something to buy or are you looking to make your own PWO shake? There are many options when it comes to post w/o. I'm going to let Matt take this because im sure Millenium offers something for you.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to let Matt take this because im sure Millenium offers something for you.
HaHa, not yet but it is coming.

Honestly, I use a mix of simple carbs, BCAAs, glutamine, a half serving of Somnidren-GH (not affected by the simple carbs post workout) and antioxidants immediately post workout and then start my post workout protein consumption 10-15 minutes later. I typically only use whey isolate post workout for bioavailibility reasons.

This is my personal preference as it has worked extremely well for me with my training style and nutritional needs.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I completely agree about isolate only post w/o. I mean, I usually only take isolate only anyway...but it definitely has greater advantages post.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention that I take an additional digestive enzyme post workout as well to ensure optimal protein digestion.

bigboybran

Awards
So a whey protein is good to take post workout? Just looking to make the weight training stick. Minimize muscle atrify. What about muscle milk?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I personally take Xtend pre-during-post. The protein i've been using lately is Nytrowhey Natural by Prosource. I take it because it's isolate and because it's unflavored. A lot of proteins taste like crap to me.

Newlife4me

Newlife4me

Axis Labs Rep
Awards
A lot of proteins taste like crap to me.
Not trying to product pimp, but if you've had bad tasting protein, then you haven't tried Muscle Delight, I said it down in the axis section but if you mix it with some low fat skim it's really like a choco shake!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
send me a pm with a link and i'll be willing to check it out. Thanks!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
It's alright Matt...after reading the nutritional content it definitely looked like something geared towards gainers. As you and I both know, that's not so much the case for me :)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
It's alright Matt...after reading the nutritional content it definitely looked like something geared towards gainers. As you and I both know, that's not so much the case for me :)
Naw man, that wasn't at all directed towards you... It certainly wasn't solicited if you know what I mean. I don't think either of us are looking for a gainer right now. LOL :hot:

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Come on now, I'm a lover of MST! ZMK is a staple, sorry tho man, didn't mean to step on toes.
Come on..I'm just giving you a hard time. :D I see my sarcasm didn't really come through in my post though.... :rofl:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Naw man, that wasn't at all directed towards you... It certainly wasn't solicited if you know what I mean. I don't think either of us are looking for a gainer right now. LOL :hot:

There's no room in my life for hot dogs. No room at all :)

That one japanese guy seems fairly fit for someone who eats 47 or so at one sitting.... haha

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
There's no room in my life for hot dogs. No room at all :)

That one japanese guy seems fairly fit for someone who eats 47 or so at one sitting.... haha
He certainly is a sausage swallower, I mean weiner eater :eek: I wonder what his intestines look like after one of those contests?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Trust me from personal experience. If he has used RenewLife's Power Cleanse, he's jusssssst fine.