Dave Rocks the Rag - Warrior Melon (Caffeine Free) - 2 Thumbs Way Up!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established

Just FYI: This is UNSPONSORED, I bought this product

In the past month, I have gone through leaps and bounds trying to completely rid myself from all caffeine consumption. While I have never really had a caffeine addiction, I would generally drink 1 cup of coffee a day and/or a pre-workout in the late afternoon.

My biggest problem is that i have always had chronic insomnia.. for the most part, I can keep it entirely under control. In the past, I would suffer sleepless nights for a week or more, now its maybe 1 bad night every 2 months. Caffeine, having a half-life of 3 hours, can take upwards of 15 hours until it has been completely metabolized from your system...so a stim'd pre-workout drink at 6pm is still somewhat present the next mornign when you wake up. See how that does for sleep quality!

After doing extensive research for Reset AD, ive learned that caffeine and stimulants are perhaps some of the most toxic substances to consume regularly... there nutritonal benefit to our body is entirely negative, and while it may help you in the gym, its reverse effects to your adrenal glands almost wipe out the benefits of the energy and strength.

Well back to the Ragnarok!!
I got a tub of Ragnarok Warrior Melon CAFFEINE FREE from MST. This was not my first Rag experience.. I bought 2 tubs of the old formula's when MST was blowing them out for $20 a peice.. while the flavors were eh, it was well worth it and Rag immediately became my Preworkout of choice..

Last night was my first run with the Stim free...

my expectations were high as the quality of Rag is second to none. The flavor absolutely floored me (in a good way). I have never tasted a better supplement drink than Warrior melon. its almost like a watermelon jolly rancher + euphoria in every sip. WOW! MST Who does your flavor formulations??!?!?!?

15 mins after taking the product, i could definitely feel a surge of clean energy.. my guess was the mix of Citrulline Malate, glucoronolactone, and Rhodiola Rosea. Unfortunately with traffic, it took me 45 mins to get to the gym, i was about to jump out of my skin most of the drive! couldnt sit still.

I got an explosive workout, prob had the best back workout in months. finished up with 20 mins of medium intensity interval training.

PRO's:
  • Flavor
  • Energy
  • Endurance
  • Mental Clarity
  • Aggression
  • Caffeine Free
  • Did i mention FLAVOR???
Con's
  • Cant think of any.
For those of you who think that you NEED caffeine in a pre-workout supplement, I will bet otherwise.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried a sample and it did taste awesome!

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
nice...great review.....but Dave I never knew you worked out?....

I think my next Rag will be caffeine free....Loving my Crushing Punch too much right now though.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
nice...great review.....but Dave I never knew you worked out?....

I think my next Rag will be caffeine free....Loving my Crushing Punch too much right now though.
yea... tonight i think ill work out ankles

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
What time did you take it & how'd you sleep?
I took it at 630pm

Slept like a baby @ 11

I had energy for the most part of the evening...usually i get home from the gym and i sometimes get lazy and sit around for a while after i eat... then next thing i know its late and im not in bed yet

well i got a lot of things done after dinner, so i still was energetic and motivated.

went to bed around 11, i couldnt have been awake more than 10 minutes before falling alseep. woke up feeling more refreshed than ever.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
hows the elbow holding up kid?
not too bad...surgery was 1 year and 4 days ago
pinky finger is still a little numb at the tip... go figure.
and i lost about 10% mobility permanently

me and my girl were play fighting over the weekend and she tossed her eyeglass case at me.. hit me square on the joint..thought i was going to die it hurt so damn bad.

but as long as i keep lifting it feels good... i took 3 weeks off from the gym in december and it starts 'clicking' and 'popping' more if i dont lift regularly... weird feeling...

no weight restrictions due to the joint thou...luckily im not setting off any metal detectors at the airport either!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
me and my girl were play fighting over the weekend and she tossed her eyeglass case at me.. hit me square on the joint..
So thats how you roll Dave....:rofl:;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats the flavor ive used...and i also used stim free. it was a great experience and it tasted delicious with a nice pre wo boost

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Dave, thanks for the awesome detailed review! I'm glad it lived up to your expectations. I'm really happy with the way our caffeine free flavors taste and perform.

I think you are right when you say that people would be surprised to know they don't need the caffeine pre workout. Adrenal fatigue is a real problem for a huge portion of the population and it certainly does nothing for performance or overall health.

Thanks again for the support brother!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Dave, thanks for the awesome detailed review! I'm glad it lived up to your expectations. I'm really happy with the way our caffeine free flavors taste and perform.

I think you are right when you say that people would be surprised to know they don't need the caffeine pre workout. Adrenal fatigue is a real problem for a huge portion of the population and it certainly does nothing for performance or overall health.

Thanks again for the support brother!
NP man... keep pumping quality into your products and Ill be happy to try them all!

I know people think they 'need' caffeine, but you and I are on the same page here. I have never felt better since i cycled entirely off caffeine. I have MORE energy and better endurance AND I work 11 hours a day and still make it to the gym afterwards. This was almost impossible to do while taking stims as i was always stimmed up to function...i felt like crap, and my sleep was horrendous.
Also, while on stims, i had a harder time cutting.. I could lose weight, but it was difficult and un-even. Ive made more strength and physique improvements in the past 3 weeks than in months of training in the past.
Stims are great in small, non-consecutive doses. So taking a weight loss product is great for quick results, but you need to counter the damage as soon as the product is completed.

I give you guys credit for having the balls to bring a stim free pre/workout to market. even more credit for making it so badass. its EXACTLY what i need preworkout.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
geez, awesome review! thanks a lot. glad you enjoy being on the rag. :D

jamescho79

Awards
I start my journey with Rag starting tomorrow morning. Order came in on Fri but have to wait till Monday because of my work schedule. ARGH! Talk about anxiety! Mines with caff though hehe But I'm a go ahead and get another bottle without caff to use on the days I don't lift. :head:

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Last night I tired the Blu Raz

now im at a loss... my plan is to get 1 tub of watermelon and 1 tub of blu raz when my supply runs out.. but how would i choose which to take each day???? hmmm maybe mix the blue raz with the watermelon?!?!

lol but in all honesty... blu raz is another freakin amazing flavor... i honestly cant decide which one i like better

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Oh Man, the vew version of blue raz is good! We tried really hard to get it dialed in. I'm having trouble deciding which is my favorite now too.

Thanks for the great feedback Dave!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
LOL. exactly the response i was expecting. ;) if i HAD to choose one it'd probably be blue raz, but not by much.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
LOL. exactly the response i was expecting. ;) if i HAD to choose one it'd probably be blue raz, but not by much.
see my tastebuds are slightly different

i actually think the watermelon is .00001 tastier than the blue raz... but who's counting

i got one more dose of the blue raz... i think im going to mix a half scoop of each flavor... tastebud climax

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
see my tastebuds are slightly different

i actually think the watermelon is .00001 tastier than the blue raz... but who's counting

i got one more dose of the blue raz... i think im going to mix a half scoop of each flavor... tastebud climax
LOL. i can't believe i haven't thought of that. let us know how it goes.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
LOL. i can't believe i haven't thought of that. let us know how it goes.
Im disappointed that this post is falling to the bottom of page 1, so im bringing it back... :D

Daves Waterberry Review

So i finally got around to mixing the 2 flavors... about 1/2 scoop of watermelon w 1/2 scoop of blu raspberry
I call my creation Waterberry but I am willing to sell my name rights to MST for an undisclosed amount :rofl:

Seriously thou.. the combination of the 2 flavors is amazing. I suggest that everyone purchase a tub of each right away and experiment.

Cheers. :cheers:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Im disappointed that this post is falling to the bottom of page 1, so im bringing it back... :D

Daves Waterberry Review

So i finally got around to mixing the 2 flavors... about 1/2 scoop of watermelon w 1/2 scoop of blu raspberry
I call my creation Waterberry but I am willing to sell my name rights to MST for an undisclosed amount :rofl:

Seriously thou.. the combination of the 2 flavors is amazing. I suggest that everyone purchase a tub of each right away and experiment.

Cheers. :cheers:
LMAO. i can't believe i haven't tried that yet!! :eek: sounds delicious.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
im mixing blue raz and fruit punch today, letcha know how it goes