ZMK question

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I know I shouldn't take zmk with calcium, so I was fretting about nighttime casein shakes and looking for an alternative slow nighttime protein to use instead. Looking at it tho, most whey or casein seems to have pretty minimal calcium in a serving. Is it ok to take the zmk then say 45 min later have a casein shake?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I eat cottage cheese 3 hours before bed, drink some BCAA with my powerful and ZMT before bed

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
So I know I shouldn't take zmk with calcium, so I was fretting about nighttime casein shakes and looking for an alternative slow nighttime protein to use instead. Looking at it tho, most whey or casein seems to have pretty minimal calcium in a serving. Is it ok to take the zmk then say 45 min later have a casein shake?
Everyone knows my take on calories before sleep and I'm not a fan of inefficient protein sources before bed either. I personally take my last protein shake (which has zero casein) about 2 hours before bed and my BCAA's about 30-45 minutes before Somnidren-GH and ZMK. I find this to be the optimal timing for my body.

I would say at the very minimum allow 60 minutes between ZMK and your casein. Or take your casein first and then ZMK an hour after that.

Most casein protein sources mix micellar with calcium caseinates. They usually yeild 450-600mg of Calcium per serving which is enough to negate the desired effects of ZMK. Since the casein takes so long to digest (5-7 hours for most) there is no need to down it right before bed imo.

I like nelix's regimen too. Only I'd add B-6 so my ZMT ingredients worked better. ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was looking at true proteins hydrolyzed casein.

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6735

its a little pricey, but its also only .04mg/serving or so it says. i'm not sure if thats supposed to be .04g, but even then its only 40 mg. I may just go with BCAAs, but then again i'm about out of bcaas and wasn't smart enough to take advantage of that xtend 2pack + orange special cause i'm an idiot.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I may just go with BCAAs, but then again i'm about out of bcaas and wasn't smart enough to take advantage of that xtend 2pack + orange special cause i'm an idiot.
HaHa, you and me both!

The hydrolyzed casein will work with your scenerio perfectly, good call!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
actually the special is still there. $75 gets you two large tubs and one small orange tub. I should do that, i'm out of bulk bcaas anyhow.

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/scivation/xtend-twin-pack-free-orange.html

I think i'll buy some of the hydrolyzed casein anyhow, seems to make sense. I have way too much whey in house :)
HaHa, I was ordering as you were typing this. I just got me a Watermelon, Lemonade and my free Orange. Now I'm praying they are actually in stock ;)

Let me know how the hydrolyzed casein works for you.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Everyone knows my take on calories before sleep and I'm not a fan of inefficient protein sources before bed either. I personally take my last protein shake (which has zero casein) about 2 hours before bed and my BCAA's about 30-45 minutes before Somnidren-GH and ZMK. I find this to be the optimal timing for my body.

I would say at the very minimum allow 60 minutes between ZMK and your casein. Or take your casein first and then ZMK an hour after that.

Most casein protein sources mix micellar with calcium caseinates. They usually yeild 450-600mg of Calcium per serving which is enough to negate the desired effects of ZMK. Since the casein takes so long to digest (5-7 hours for most) there is no need to down it right before bed imo.

I like nelix's regimen too. Only I'd add B-6 so my ZMT ingredients worked better. ;)
I am planning to try ZMK in the future, but I have a lot of ZMT to us :p

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
HaHa, I was ordering as you were typing this. I just got me a Watermelon, Lemonade and my free Orange. Now I'm praying they are actually in stock ;)

Let me know how the hydrolyzed casein works for you.
I got a Grape and Lemonade + Free Orange. Also the variety pack from bb.com :D. Figured I'd stock up! :eek:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a Grape and Lemonade + Free Orange. Also the variety pack from bb.com :D. Figured I'd stock up! :eek:
looks like the grape lemonade combo is sold out, so i'm trying to decide which to buy now

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
looks like the grape lemonade combo is sold out, so i'm trying to decide which to buy now
damn, that sucks. not sure if you've tried them or not, but my personal preference is like this:

grape
lemonade
watermelon
orange/apple

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I havent tried any. I'm not a big fan of watermelon, but i'm not sure if I want to buy 2 kilos of either lemonade or grape without having tried them first. dangit. i'm almost out of bcaas right now too, so I need to do something, and am sort of tired of plain bulk nutraplanet bcaa

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I havent tried any. I'm not a big fan of watermelon, but i'm not sure if I want to buy 2 kilos of either lemonade or grape without having tried them first. dangit. i'm almost out of bcaas right now too, so I need to do something, and am sort of tired of plain bulk nutraplanet bcaa
I had never tried the watermelon Extend so I figured I'd mix it with some of the other yummy melon Rok I have if it sucks too bad. The lemonade is solid and can be mixed with just about everything.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm maybe lemonade x 2 is the winner then, I like the syntrax lemonade a lot and always keep some of that in house so I could use it with that even if the xtend lemon isn't so hot. I like lemonade a lot anyhow, sugarfree that is :)

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
trust me, you won't have any problem downing any of the flavors. all of them are flavored well, it just really depends on what flavor you're generally a fan of. i don't think i've ever tried a grape supplement that tasted good, but they definitely hit it right on the head. it really does taste like kool-aid. orange tastes kind of like a tangerine creamsicle. apple is good, not sour, but tastes like apple. lemonade tastes like country-time (serious). watermelon is kind of harder to explain. it tastes like watermelon, but at first it wasn't my favorite. it definitely is good, though, and i could drink it without problem every workout if i had to.