MST Cordygen5 write-up

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Millennium Sport Technologies
Cordygen5 write-up

Cordygen5™ incorporates 100% organic, highly concentrated extracts of five strains & four species of cordyceps for maximum oxygen utilization, cellular energy, stamina and ATP production. Cordygen5™’s oxygen utilization enhancing effects have been touted by many users as a natural, legal and effective alternative to EPO.

Cordygen5™ is the strongest performance enhancing cordyceps product on the market and may provide up to 30% increases in ATP and up to 40% increases in oxygen utilization. Cordygen5™ is perfect for anyone who wants to increase their ATP levels but doesn’t want to consume creatine due to its common side effects. Cordygen5™ is also ideal for anyone who is a non responder to creatine products but still wants reap its benefits. The added bonus is the tremendous increase in oxygen utilization that Cordygen5™ provides. Cordygen5™ will allow all athletes, amateur or professional to break through their aerobic and anaerobic plateaus, maximizing strength and endurance. Whether you are a bodybuilder, powerlifter, martial artist, triathlete, cyclist, runner, swimmer, skier, snowboarder, hunter, climber, wrestler, golfer, tennis, football, basketball, hockey or baseball player, you’ll maximize your gains and performance with Cordygen5™.

Cordygen5™ is a pure, solid state fermented, super potent blend of extracts from four strains and five species of cordyceps including Cordyceps Sinensis Alohaensis Hybrid, CS4 strain Cordyceps Sinensis, Cordyceps Militaris, Cordyceps Sobolifera and Cordyceps Ophioglossoides. The Cordyceps Sinensis Alohaensis Hybrid strain contains the highest HEAA (Hydroxy Ethyl Adenosine Analogs) levels ever measured and biological active ingredient levels 5.3 times higher than the best wild collected samples. The potency of the Cordygen5™ cordyceps blend comes from the proprietary combination of cordyceps strains and the way these strains are cultured and extracted.

Almost all cordyceps strains are cultured in a process called liquid cultivation or fermentation. This process uses a liquid substrate to grow the cordyceps mycelium in a very speedy 5-18 days, yielding low levels of active constituents. The cordyceps mycelium is then harvested by filtering out the liquid medium, drying it and grinding it into a powder. By filtering out the liquid medium many of the quality compounds secreted by the cordyceps are lost. It is usually further processed using hot water or solvents resulting in the loss of nearly 90% of the active constituents of which it had few of to begin with due to the fast liquid culturing process.

Cordygen5™ is grown using a solid state (solid substrate) or biomass method. This is a much slower culturing method where the cordyceps is grown on a sterilized solid medium such as organic grain. The cordyceps is allowed to consume the solid substrate while being subjected to temperature and gas changes (O2 and CO2) to simulate its native high altitude conditions. This process typically takes between 22 and 24 weeks (nearly 6 months) before the cordyceps is ready for harvest. When the cordyceps mycelium is ready to harvest it has consumed more than 98% of the solid medium in which it was cultured on. The residual substrate is then removed yielding 100% pure, super potent cordyceps material with extremely high concentrations of active constituents from every facet of its life cycle. The cordyceps is then extracted to increase it’s potency up to 20X. This process allows Cordygen5™ to exceed the potency of other cordyceps products on the market by up to 95%.

For Thousands of years Traditional Chinese Medicine has used cordyceps to support healthy kidney, lung (respiration) and heart function, low male and female libido, fatigue, immune disorders, for general health and appetite and for promoting longevity. Tibetan Sherpas use cordyceps to enhance energy production and oxygen utilization when climbing Mt. Everest. In 1993 the Chinese Women’s National Track Team used cordyceps to set nine world records, three by staggering margins. In this country its use has been researched for it’s enhancement of energy production with applications in athletic performance and fatigue. Cordyceps has been clinically proven to enhance ATP production, increase oxygen utilization, improve VO2 Max, increase SOD (Super Oxide Dismutase) activity, support immune function, support healthy kidney function, support healthy cholesterol levels, protect the liver and improve glucose metabolism*. One study even suggests that cordyceps may improve testosterone production in leydig cells.

As an adult dietary supplement, take one caplet three times daily or 45-60 minutes prior to weightlifting or endurance activity. Cordygen5 may be taken with food.

Cordygen5 FAQ’s

Q: How does Cordygen5™ differ from Cordyne3?

A: Cordygen5™ is formulated to be a very potent stand alone product where Cordyne3™ is formulated to work synergistically with the other ingredients in the Kreaceps™ and Citruvol™ products to enhance their performance. Cordygen5™ is a very potent concentrated extract of four strains and five species of cordyceps where Cordyne3™ is a full spectrum non-extracted product containing three strains.

Cordygen5™ = Super Concentrated Extract

Cordyne3™ = Full Spectrum

Q: What should I expect from Cordygen5™?

A: You should expect to see significant increases in oxygen utilization, endurance and strength in as little as one daily dose. Your anaerobic and aerobic endurance and threshold should increase. Your aerobic and anaerobic recovery time during exercise, weightlifting or endurance activity should be quicker. Your ATP regeneration time should be shortened leading to more muscular strength with longer durations until failure. Expect up to 30% increases in ATP and 40% increases in oxygen utilization. Simply put, you won’t hit the wall!

Q: What should I take with Cordygen5™?

A: Cordygen5 is a welcome addition to any supplement stack where you are looking to increase intensity and endurance. Cordygen5™ is formulated to be completely compatable with Kreaceps, Citruvol, Carnage, CEE-HCL-3000 or Ragnarok. Additional protein is always a must when using Cordygen5™ as training more intensely can lead to fatigued muscle with serious micro trauma that needs proper protein intake to recover.

Q: Who can benefit from Cordygen5™?

A: Any athlete who needs more strength, endurance and oxygen utilization. Cordygen5™ is formulated to have applications in every sport. Cordygen5™ enhances all aspects of athletic performance.

Q: Is Cordygen5™ safe?

A: Yes, Cordygen5™ is completely safe and non-toxic.

Q: Is Cordygen5™ legal?

A: Yes, Cordygen5™ is 100% legal and is not currently banned by any sport sanctioning body!

Q: I’ve read a study on cordyceps regarding cortisol production. Does Cordygen5 increase cortisol levels?

A: No! Cordygen5 does not increase cortisol levels. It can actually decrease cortisol levels slightly due to its potent adaptogenic properties. The cordyceps subsessilis species (where cyclosporin comes from) is one that can increase cortisol levels and we do not incorporate the subsessilis species into our products in any way. The cordyceps species in Codygen5 are not catabolic in any way.

Q: How do Cordygen5’s immune stimulatory effects differ from other cordyceps products?

A: Cordygen5’s effects on the immune system are much stronger than other cordyceps products on the market due to using multiple species (including hybrid) with the culturing and extraction process. The solid substrate (BioMass Method) method of culturing allows the cordyceps to grow at is leisure accumulating all of its active constituents throughout its natural life cycle. This makes for a much higher glyconutrient content which has a more profound and positive effect on ones immune system.

Q: Does Cordygen5 have any negative side effects?

A: Technically, NO! Cordyceps is very anti fungal and anti microbial. People with candida overgrowth will find that cordyceps will kill off candida and cause die off symptoms. These die off symptoms usually manifest as loose stool or diarrhea with a mild headache. If you experience these symptoms while taking cordyceps it’s a sign of an underlying but easily manageable candida problem. We suggest discontinuing the Cordygen5 and undergoing a candida cleanse before resuming.

Q: How much Cordygen5 can I take?

A: It really depends on your needs. There are elite athletes that consume 9-12 caplets per day for short periods during competition without any side effects. We recommend starting with the 3 caplet serving for a couple of days and working up from there. If you aren’t partaking in serious endurance activities then 3 caplets per day is sufficient for most people. As with any supplement more isn’t always better.

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
From what I hear is it has shipped.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I've been reading a lot of studies on cordyceps having compounds that have a molecular structure similar to that of LH and many tests have shown cordyceps to stimulate testosterone production.

From what I've seen and read, IMO dosing Cordygen 5 at a high dose (9 caps/day) for a couple weeks immediately after a cycle would definitely be a GREAT natural alternative to Clomid or HCG for jumpstarting test levels.

One could probably dose it normally to minimize shutdown while on a mild cycle.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I've been reading a lot of studies on cordyceps having compounds that have a molecular structure similar to that of LH and many tests have shown cordyceps to stimulate testosterone production.

From what I've seen and read, IMO dosing Cordygen 5 at a high dose (9 caps/day) for a couple weeks immediately after a cycle would definitely be a GREAT natural alternative to Clomid or HCG for jumpstarting test levels.

One could probably dose it normally to minimize shutdown while on a mild cycle.
interesting thoughts. something like 6-oxo + trans resv. + c5 could be a great PCT route for most ph's. even just 6-oxo + c5 should suffice for a lot of the more mild compounds (halo, bold, epi, etc.)

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
great product. tried a sample of it, muscles felt light and fresh throughout WO and after. Chest felt clean and open. Led to an overall great WO.

definite 2 thumbs up

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You get the same pump/miuscle belly fullnesss like you do with creatine mono?

riverb5

Awards
i heard a nfl player failed his steroid test because of 6-oxo so im just letting you know

eeso

Awards
cordy5 is great, i'd reach the end of my workout and feel fresh

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
cordy5 is great, i'd reach the end of my workout and feel fresh
I agree. In fact I'll go out on a limb and say Cordy5 is the best product in MST's solid lineup rght now. This is one of the few supplements you can detect from the first dose. Two years after I first tried this and still 2 Thumbs Up!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I agree. In fact I'll go out on a limb and say Cordy5 is the best product in MST's solid lineup rght now. This is one of the few supplements you can detect from the first dose. Two years after I first tried this and still 2 Thumbs Up!
great praise....thank you very much! We all appreciate it very much and we appreciate your support 110%!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any need to cycle as to allow receptors to heal?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, is the ULTRA that much better?!?! Confused as to which I should try.

If I take this too late, any sleepign issues??

"Typical" caps/day amount???

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Also, is the ULTRA that much better?!?! Confused as to which I should try.

If I take this too late, any sleepign issues??

"Typical" caps/day amount???
no typical issues with sleep. Corydgen 5 is a time released formula as where Ultra v02 is a fast acting dose. You should use whichever one suits your routine better. c5 lasts up to 12 hours and is a fantastic product IMO.

3 caps a day.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
no typical issues with sleep. Corydgen 5 is a time released formula as where Ultra v02 is a fast acting dose. You should use whichever one suits your routine better. c5 lasts up to 12 hours and is a fantastic product IMO.

3 caps a day.
So if i needed energy asap in the morning then Ultra v02 would be the better choice?

How long would either take to start kicking in?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
C5 has a sustained release of around 8-12hrs, whereas the CV02 is meant to pack an immediate punch kicking in within 30 minutes, the C5 lasts longer in your system.
complete truth from the Bnatster....and also to the questionee, if I was looking for immediate morning energy i'd pop 3 cordy5 and 2 Shred Ultra ;)

purebred

i've been highly interested in this product for a quite a while. i've been waiting to start my training geared towards the police fitness test which involves a lot of calisthenics and endurance work (e.g. running) and i'm thinking this just might be what i need to enhance my efforts. my co-worker tells me he loves this stuff. he can go for 2 miles and once hes done he doesn't even feel fatigued or like he even ran two miles for that matter.

i'm looking to start tomorrow with my calisthenics training (pyramid pull-ups, timed push-ups and timed sit-ups) along with HIIT training. i have faith this product will compliment my efforts and training.

sounds like a solid product. good work MST

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i've been highly interested in this product for a quite a while. i have faith this product will compliment my efforts and training.

sounds like a solid product. good work MST
I have a good feeling with this as well. A couple of regular updates would be good. I'd be definitely interested.

skhara

Awards
Hello folks,

A few years ago I took Cordygen 5, and after a few days of taking it the difference was felt for my cardio-vascular system. I used to do an interval training session on a stationary bike that went 30 secs at Level 10 or higher and trying to maintain 100+rpm and 30 seconds at low resistance and relaxed pedaling for recovery. I noticed that I wasn't as drained at the end. I also had a relative VO2 max test where it gave a result that is higher then when not taking Cordygen 5 (60 vs 40). So the impact was definitely felt by me. Recently I ordered several bottles from MST.

But every time I start taking them now, I feeling nausea and its killing my appetite. Yesterday for example, after getting up at 6am, I didn't eat anything until about 2pm and all it was, was a snack mix (raising + peanuts + dried bananas), only about 100 calories.

Has anyone else experienced something like that? Is there something that could be done to eliminate the nausea?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hello folks,

A few years ago I took Cordygen 5, and after a few days of taking it the difference was felt for my cardio-vascular system. I used to do an interval training session on a stationary bike that went 30 secs at Level 10 or higher and trying to maintain 100+rpm and 30 seconds at low resistance and relaxed pedaling for recovery. I noticed that I wasn't as drained at the end. I also had a relative VO2 max test where it gave a result that is higher then when not taking Cordygen 5 (60 vs 40). So the impact was definitely felt by me. Recently I ordered several bottles from MST.

But every time I start taking them now, I feeling nausea and its killing my appetite. Yesterday for example, after getting up at 6am, I didn't eat anything until about 2pm and all it was, was a snack mix (raising + peanuts + dried bananas), only about 100 calories.

Has anyone else experienced something like that? Is there something that could be done to eliminate the nausea?
I'm happy to see that Cordygen 5 gave you tremendous results. I love MST's Cordygen products, myself.

With your hunger situation, I would say that the Cordy 5 would be the least likely thing to give you stomach issues as I believe it's enteric coated, which will allow 1.5-2 hours until the caplet can be assimilated. This would have the contents of the caplet left intact, until it got out of the stomach and into the small intestine.

I've tried intermitten fasting and ate between 1pm and 9pm for my '8-hour window' and my body was just getting used to it. When I eat earlier and stop eating around 7, my body will be hungry for breakfast. When I eat late, I won't have that same urge to eat something. If you're taking stims at all or you're not getting proper sleep or proper daylight, your eating schedule will be kinda mashed up.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Hello folks,

The quote below is from the OP. I'm assuming a Die-Off sympton could also be nausea.

A: Technically, NO! Cordyceps is very anti fungal and anti microbial. People with candida overgrowth will find that cordyceps will kill off candida and cause die off symptoms. These die off symptoms usually manifest as loose stool or diarrhea with a mild headache. If you experience these symptoms while taking cordyceps it’s a sign of an underlying but easily manageable candida problem. We suggest discontinuing the Cordygen5 and undergoing a candida cleanse before resuming.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
The quote below is from the OP. I'm assuming a Die-Off sympton could also be nausea.

Good call.

skhara

Awards
These die off symptoms usually manifest as loose stool or diarrhea with a mild headache. If you experience these symptoms while taking cordyceps it’s a sign of an underlying but easily manageable candida problem. We suggest discontinuing the Cordygen5 and undergoing a candida cleanse before resuming.

Well I definitely have the diarrhea and loose stool problem. How is a candida cleanse done? Thanks for the info.

skhara

Awards
Yeah I did a google search too and bought a product. Honestly, I would not have thought I have anything like that. I generally eat pretty clean, no junk food at all. But we'll see.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I did a google search too and bought a product. Honestly, I would not have thought I have anything like that. I generally eat pretty clean, no junk food at all. But we'll see.
No doubt, skhara. Food responsiveness is very delicate with many individuals and the way we respond to food can change. I am saving up money for some major testing soon. At almost 30 years old, I've spent a great deal eating too many bad foods with harmful compounds and have experimented with too many harmful substances. I'd like to know as much as I can as far as full panel thyroid, sex hormone levels, coq10 levels, extensive allergen test, etc. etc. etc.

I can tell from experience that I don't do well with gluten, nor do I do well with oats, etc., but it's good to know what exactly is up.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Any need to cycle as to allow receptors to heal?
Actually cordyceps itself heals receptors. Upregulation of the dopamine/noradrenalin/muscarinic acetylcholine system. Heals the adrenals and repairs the HPA axis. Cordygen5 is hands down one of the best products I've used.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Actually cordyceps itself heals receptors. Upregulation of the dopamine/noradrenalin/muscarinic acetylcholine system. Heals the adrenals and repairs the HPA axis. Cordygen5 is hands down one of the best products I've used.
Your post really got me curious so i did a little searching and found some amazing benefits of Cordyceps. Below is just a little relating to a kidney/liver issue i had a year or so ago.

Medical values of cordyceps sinensis for CKD
1. It has been found that cordyceps sinensis can alleviate renal damages in chronic kidney disease and improve kidney functions as well as reducing renal toxicities of toxic substances. All kidney disease patients can have it and it can help regulate renal disorders and relieve renal damages.

2. Besides benefits to kidneys, cordyceps sinensis can do a lot of goods to other internal organs and systems such as the heart, liver, respiratory system, hematopoietic system, etc. For CKD patients, they usually suffer from fatigue and arrhythmia due to high level of blood potassium. Cordyceps sinensis can reduce oxygen consumption in the heart and relieve arrhythmia. It can also improve cell energy and alleviate fatigue.

3. Cordyceps sinensis can lower cholesterol and triglyceride in the blood and increase favorable high-density lipoprotein. This can help reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and control high blood pressure which is a major aggravating factor for CKD patients.

4. What is more important, cordyceps sinensis can regulate immune disorders and improve immunity. From the perspective of immunology, more than 95% kidney diseases are caused by immune disorders and immune dysfunctions. Cordyceps sinensis can make the immune system at its best---strengthening the functions of some immune cells and inactivating the functions of some others. Patients' immune system will become healthier and they will become stronger to resist various viruses and infections. This can also help prevent the formation of tumors.

In addition, cordyceps sinensis have the functions of adjusting central nervous system and sexual functions as well as direct effects on treating viruses.

skhara

Awards
I stopped taking cordyceps and the nausea went away on the second day after I stopped taking them. Sure would like to start again.

Here is some additional stuff I found on cordyceps side effects:

Cordyceps may cause dry mouth, nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, or dizziness. Due to the increasing popularity of Cordyceps sinesis, some supplements have been adulterated; some manufacturers substitute other species of cordyceps. The safety of these supplements is not known.
Here is an interesting piece of information:
We must remember that the ingredients of Cordyceps are fungi and animal. Such a combination is unknown in any other source. The immune system thus encounters a combination unknown to it. The immune system will adapt in the process of immuno-modulation and attack some cells while stimulating others.
^^^ I wonder if the above has something to do with my symptoms. Its obvious to me that this product is beneficial and I'd like to take it. Besides have spent a good deal of cash for several bottles, but I can't feel like crap all day, not want to eat anything, and have liquid come out of my ass.

Wonder if maybe I should start taking 1 pill a day instead of 3 and then eventually try to build up to 3 if one doesn't mess me up to much.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I stopped taking cordyceps and the nausea went away on the second day after I stopped taking them. Sure would like to start again.

Here is some additional stuff I found on cordyceps side effects:

Here is an interesting piece of information:

^^^ I wonder if the above has something to do with my symptoms. Its obvious to me that this product is beneficial and I'd like to take it. Besides have spent a good deal of cash for several bottles, but I can't feel like crap all day, not want to eat anything, and have liquid come out of my ass.

Wonder if maybe I should start taking 1 pill a day instead of 3 and then eventually try to build up to 3 if one doesn't mess me up to much.
For me personally, many of the listed symptoms disappeared after prolonged use of Cordygen5 (1-2 straight months). Being an immune system stimulator and HPA axis modulator, it will take some time for your system to adapt to it and get used to it, afterwards most symptoms if not all should start fading away and you can keep getting all of the positive benefits cordyceps has to offer.

skhara

Awards
^^^
Well I am thinking that maybe this will happen, but I definitely don't want to have diareah for a month :). I'll try this cleanse thing and then start taking maybe 1 pill a day instead of 3 and see I how tolerate.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
^^^
Well I am thinking that maybe this will happen, but I definitely don't want to have diareah for a month :). I'll try this cleanse thing and then start taking maybe 1 pill a day instead of 3 and see I how tolerate.
I read a similiar thing about Olive Leaf Extract. It was a while back but it mentioned about it being used to eliminate harmful toxins and to START SLOWLY because if there is too many toxins being released at once you can actually get sicker before you get better.

The toxins have to come out somewhere so i think you may be on the right track now with the cleanse and then starting again at the bare minimum dose.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
you need to run a candida cleanse after long periods of time using any cordyceps product. It doesn't happen as quickly with a Cordygen product because of the superior grade that we are talking about, but regardless a cleanse of some sort needs to be done.

skhara

Awards
you need to run a candida cleanse after long periods of time using any cordyceps product. It doesn't happen as quickly with a Cordygen product because of the superior grade that we are talking about, but regardless a cleanse of some sort needs to be done.
Is it because of the "die-off" effect caused by the "anti-parasitic" action of cordyceps?

I read a similiar thing about Olive Leaf Extract. It was a while back but it mentioned about it being used to eliminate harmful toxins and to START SLOWLY because if there is too many toxins being released at once you can actually get sicker before you get better.

The toxins have to come out somewhere so i think you may be on the right track now with the cleanse and then starting again at the bare minimum dose.
You know I got curious as a result of your post about Olive Leaf Extract and while reading about these same side-effects that you mention, one article states that Vitamin-C, psyllium, and bentonite products will help with getting rid of the toxic waste caused by "die-off".